Immigration Voice - Forums
Register Get Involved Contact Lawmakers Advocacy Discussion Image Image Image Image

Go Back   Immigration Voice > Immigration Voice Issues and Congressional updates > IV Agenda and Legislative Updates
Click to log in with Facebook
IV Agenda and Legislative Updates Immigration Voice's Agenda and Legislative Updates

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-28-2006, 10:44 PM
Priority Date
:
Nov-05
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
07/10/2007
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
10/12/2007
Compare
gc_bucs is a splendid one to behold gc_bucs is a splendid one to behold gc_bucs is a splendid one to behold gc_bucs is a splendid one to behold gc_bucs is a splendid one to behold gc_bucs is a splendid one to behold gc_bucs is a splendid one to behold
Default Western State Governors to Support Comprehensive Immigration Reform

Thanks to the IV team for their time and efforts.

I picked up the following from http://www.immigration-law.com/

Report indicates that more and more state governors come forward to urge support of Comprehensive Immigration Reform. It appears that this is particularly noticeable in the western states. There has been Governors conference for the last few days and reportedly the Utah Governor Jon Huntsman Jr. and Arizona Governor Janet Napolitano asked Western governors to:
* Oppose blanket amnesty to all undocumented workers and support "appropriate sanctions" for those breaking the law.
* Urge Congress to avoid creating incentives for more illegal immigration by "creating unnecessary hurdles and lengthy delays" for those wishing to immigrate legally.
* Call for full funding for law enforcement and security along the southern U.S. border, enforcement using "cutting-edge" technology, better coordination with law enforcement agents and construction of a federal correctional facility to house illegal immigrants convicted in state courts as well as reimbursement to states for incarcerating illegal immigrants.
* Request full funding for processing employment-based visas; eliminating visa-request backlogs and increasing the number of visas to meet U.S. industry needs, especially in high-tech, bio-tech and seasonal-based industries.
* Establish a guest worker program that will include background checks to help supply workers where there are shortages.
* Enforce sanctions against employers for hiring illegal immigrants along with a system for employers to verify citizenship and worker status.
Bookmark and Share Compare Reply With Quote

Old 02-28-2006, 11:25 PM
Priority Date
:
Jun-04
Category
:
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
Labor Certification
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
admin is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by laborlabor
This is great I guess the decision to hire a strategic counsel is clearly proving to be right..
laborlabor,

Yes without a strategic counsel, do you think we would be able to walk into White House and get the lay of the land with respect to immigration.

How we're able to continue this relationship is really upto all you members. It is really up to you to contribute monetarily and also by getting your friends involved in this.
Bookmark and Share Compare Reply With Quote