Immigration Voice - Forums
Register Get Involved Contact Lawmakers Advocacy Discussion Image Image Image Image

Go Back   Immigration Voice > Immigration Voice Issues and Congressional updates > IV Agenda and Legislative Updates
Click to log in with Facebook
IV Agenda and Legislative Updates Immigration Voice's Agenda and Legislative Updates

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-26-2006, 04:36 PM
Priority Date
:
Nov-05
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
I-140
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
arao is on a distinguished road
Default My first contribution - 50$

Paypal receipt number: 4564-2649-6502-4419
This is such a no-brainer.

Unfortunately, I am guessing most folks are thinking along the lines of.......
"What if I donate 100$ and nothing comes out of these efforts? The 100$ would be a waste."
Come on guys. That is not the spirit. Six months from now, we do not want to be thinking "IV efforts failed. Maybe they did not have enough money. What if I had contributed 100$? Maybe I would be out of this mess and not pay my lawyer/USCIS thousands of dollars for fees every year".

Hope everyone steps up to the plate (both financially as well as through volunteering) and makes 2007 a great year.

Regards,
arao

Quote:
Originally Posted by GCwaitforever
Even to run this web site with the band width and this kind of traffic, it costs money. IV should have at least enforced an yearly membership fee (say $100). This would have translated to $1,000,000 for a 10,000 population.

I am more interested in knowing what the percentage of non-paying population in IV members is. Then we can start a phonathon and talk to them, and find out what is stopping them from contributing even $20.
Bookmark and Share Compare Reply With Quote

Old 12-26-2006, 04:36 PM
Priority Date
:
Sep-05
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
10/01/2005
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
06/30/2007
Compare
pcs has a reputation beyond repute pcs has a reputation beyond repute pcs has a reputation beyond repute pcs has a reputation beyond repute pcs has a reputation beyond repute pcs has a reputation beyond repute pcs has a reputation beyond repute pcs has a reputation beyond repute pcs has a reputation beyond repute pcs has a reputation beyond repute pcs has a reputation beyond repute
Default We should send emails to non paying guys ?

A direct request will help....

Old 12-26-2006, 04:43 PM
Priority Date
:
Apr-03
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
05/24/2003
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I485 Mailed Date
:
05/24/2004
Compare
sbabunle is on a distinguished road

Thats a problem. Right now its hard to find out who haven't contributed and who have. ( According to a core member).

I put some reasonable amount of time for IV here in Nevada. It would be easier for me, if I get a list of people who did not contribute. Its kinda hard to ask again and again the same people.... Hope something could be done regarding this.

Old 12-26-2006, 04:50 PM
Administrator
Priority Date
:
Mar-06
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
05/06/2006
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
06/29/2007
Compare
pappu has a reputation beyond repute pappu has a reputation beyond repute pappu has a reputation beyond repute pappu has a reputation beyond repute pappu has a reputation beyond repute pappu has a reputation beyond repute pappu has a reputation beyond repute pappu has a reputation beyond repute pappu has a reputation beyond repute pappu has a reputation beyond repute pappu has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by sbabunle
Thats a problem. Right now its hard to find out who haven't contributed and who have. ( According to a core member).

I put some reasonable amount of time for IV here in Nevada. It would be easier for me, if I get a list of people who did not contribute. Its kinda hard to ask again and again the same people.... Hope something could be done regarding this.
we need people to give us their phone number and correct email addresses. We have been requesting this since a long time and still a lot of us do not have complete information in their profile. Maybe when members ask for updates, I should look for update in their account information to see if they really paid attention to our appeals . Anyways this IV effort is voluntary and the forum is open. And whoever feels for this cause deeply and sincerely feel that we are all working to fulfill the goals for this community will definately contribute and help in more ways than one.

Last edited by pappu; 12-26-2006 at 04:59 PM.

Old 12-26-2006, 04:58 PM
Priority Date
:
Mar-03
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140+I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
immilaw is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by pappu
we need people to give us their phone number and correct email addresses. We have been requesting this since a long time and still a lot of us do not have complete information in their profile. Maybe when members ask for updates, I should look for update in their account information to see if they really paid attention to our appeals . Anyways this effort is voluntary and whoever feels for this cause deeply and sincerely feel that we are all working to fulfill the goals for this community will definately contribute and help in more ways than one.
The only way out to this problem is to email passwords for all new accounts to the email ID's. So if somebody creates an account, he can select the user name but the password should be emailed by the system to the email ID.

Last edited by pappu; 12-26-2006 at 05:08 PM.

Old 12-26-2006, 05:02 PM
Priority Date
:
Nov-05
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
subba will become famous soon enough subba will become famous soon enough
Default Maybe updates should be only via email?

Maybe anytime someone asks for an update, the update should be either via email or phone. That way, at least people give their right email :-).

Personally I am beginning to believe people will start donating more if they meet someone in person. For our next state chapter meeting, I am planning to propose everyone planning to attend tries to bring at least one "fence sitter" along.
Not sure if this was tried before.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pappu
we need people to give us their phone number and correct email addresses. We have been requesting this since a long time and still a lot of us do not have complete information in their profile. Maybe when members ask for updates, I should look for update in their account information to see if they really paid attention to our appeals . Anyways this effort is voluntary and whoever feels for this cause deeply and sincerely feel that we are all working to fulfill the goals for this community will definately contribute and help in more ways than one.

Old 12-26-2006, 05:11 PM
Administrator
Priority Date
:
Mar-06
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
05/06/2006
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
06/29/2007
Compare
pappu has a reputation beyond repute pappu has a reputation beyond repute pappu has a reputation beyond repute pappu has a reputation beyond repute pappu has a reputation beyond repute pappu has a reputation beyond repute pappu has a reputation beyond repute pappu has a reputation beyond repute pappu has a reputation beyond repute pappu has a reputation beyond repute pappu has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by subba
Maybe anytime someone asks for an update, the update should be either via email or phone. That way, at least people give their right email :-).

Personally I am beginning to believe people will start donating more if they meet someone in person. For our next state chapter meeting, I am planning to propose everyone planning to attend tries to bring at least one "fence sitter" along.
Not sure if this was tried before.
yes. you can have your chapter meeting at a common place where members can come. We had such a meeting this weekend in CT.

Old 12-26-2006, 05:35 PM
Priority Date
:
Aug-07
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
12/15/2007
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
mjdup has much to be proud of mjdup has much to be proud of mjdup has much to be proud of mjdup has much to be proud of mjdup has much to be proud of mjdup has much to be proud of mjdup has much to be proud of mjdup has much to be proud of
Default pitch in please..

Hope everyone had a good long weekend !

..let's start the push to finish line, it looks close but as pappu mentioned $29,500 is still a good sprint, please contribute if you haven't. It was mentioned during the weekend MA teleconf that "if something doesn't happen in 07 then its a long wait till 09 or way beyond" so please give that financial power to core team. Unfortunately money talks in DC and we as a team have to pitch in.. 6 days and 29500, I think still reachable.....let's go team...

thanks to anurakt for that huge contribution to reach the first mileston...

Old 12-26-2006, 05:48 PM
Super Moderator
Priority Date
:
Jul-07
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
07/02/2007
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140+I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/02/2007
Compare
paskal has a reputation beyond repute paskal has a reputation beyond repute paskal has a reputation beyond repute paskal has a reputation beyond repute paskal has a reputation beyond repute paskal has a reputation beyond repute paskal has a reputation beyond repute paskal has a reputation beyond repute paskal has a reputation beyond repute paskal has a reputation beyond repute paskal has a reputation beyond repute
Default passwords

immilaw has a great suggestion
many sites do that

to activate account- you have to check your e mail...

Old 12-26-2006, 06:30 PM
Priority Date
:
Nov-04
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
03/30/2007
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
N/A
I485 Mailed Date
:
08/03/2007
Compare
leoindiano has a brilliant future leoindiano has a brilliant future leoindiano has a brilliant future leoindiano has a brilliant future leoindiano has a brilliant future leoindiano has a brilliant future leoindiano has a brilliant future leoindiano has a brilliant future leoindiano has a brilliant future leoindiano has a brilliant future leoindiano has a brilliant future
Default Hundred dollars...

I just made $100 contribution thru paypal. Thanks for all you do...

Old 12-27-2006, 10:09 AM
Priority Date
:
Apr-07
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
07/25/2007
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/17/2007
Compare
anurakt has a spectacular aura about anurakt has a spectacular aura about anurakt has a spectacular aura about

Bumping !! Especially with all the positive news surrounding the CIR in coming spring...I think we should all get together in this campaign drive... May 2007 be our saviour.....

Old 12-27-2006, 12:11 PM
Priority Date
:
Oct-02
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
01/15/2007
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
06/01/2007
Compare
milk_sheik is on a distinguished road
Default 50$ via PayPal

50$ via PayPal

Old 12-27-2006, 12:12 PM
Priority Date
:
Apr-07
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
07/25/2007
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/17/2007
Compare
anurakt has a spectacular aura about anurakt has a spectacular aura about anurakt has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Originally Posted by milk_sheik
50$ via PayPal

Thanks !!

Contributed so far : $1100
Current Contribution : $100 per month
Pledge : Will donate $500 if we meet the following targets 20$ of 200 and 50$ 100 and 100$ 20 members.

Old 12-27-2006, 12:24 PM
Administrator
Priority Date
:
Mar-06
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
05/06/2006
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
06/29/2007
Compare
Default thanks

Quote:
Originally Posted by milk_sheik
50$ via PayPal
Thanks. we really appreciate it.
btw, your ID name is nice!

Old 12-27-2006, 12:30 PM
Priority Date
:
Mar-03
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
04/25/2007
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
06/08/2007
Compare
optimist578 is a jewel in the rough optimist578 is a jewel in the rough optimist578 is a jewel in the rough optimist578 is a jewel in the rough

$100 comes from me and five new members are joining the group from my office. We are banking on IV heavily and, I percieve IV carrying out its job quite well. Hope we achieve this short term goal which will embolden us and equip us with more fire power to shoot for bigger targets.

Cheers !!