Immigration Voice - Forums
Register Get Involved Contact Lawmakers Advocacy Discussion Image Image Image Image

Go Back   Immigration Voice > Immigration Voice Issues and Congressional updates > IV Agenda and Legislative Updates
Click to log in with Facebook
IV Agenda and Legislative Updates Immigration Voice's Agenda and Legislative Updates

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-08-2009, 10:36 PM
Priority Date
:
N/A
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Mexico
Processing Stage
:
Labor Certification
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
Jaime has a reputation beyond repute Jaime has a reputation beyond repute Jaime has a reputation beyond repute Jaime has a reputation beyond repute Jaime has a reputation beyond repute Jaime has a reputation beyond repute Jaime has a reputation beyond repute Jaime has a reputation beyond repute Jaime has a reputation beyond repute Jaime has a reputation beyond repute Jaime has a reputation beyond repute
Default Prashanthi Reddy on BBC - Visas dry up

The country needs more taxpayers, and the economy needs educated foreigners..."but American Lawmakers are having none of it"

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/business/8086392.stm

We made history at the DC rally! This is only the beginning and Victory is the only option. We'll reach it together!

Let's focus on more action to stop the U.S. Reverse Brain Drain! Let's not let the iron cool!
Bookmark and Share Compare Reply With Quote

2 out of 2 members found this post helpful.
Old 06-09-2009, 12:40 AM
Donor
Priority Date
:
Feb-05
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
08/17/2006
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/12/2007
Compare
ronhira has a reputation beyond repute ronhira has a reputation beyond repute ronhira has a reputation beyond repute ronhira has a reputation beyond repute ronhira has a reputation beyond repute ronhira has a reputation beyond repute ronhira has a reputation beyond repute ronhira has a reputation beyond repute ronhira has a reputation beyond repute ronhira has a reputation beyond repute ronhira has a reputation beyond repute
Default hopeless journalism

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaime View Post
The country needs more taxpayers, and the economy needs educated foreigners..."but American Lawmakers are having none of it"

This is the most hopeless of all the articles I have seen on this issue. It has no meaning, no arguments, nothing new to tell or share and it doesn't even cover any issue. The article does not cover the issue properly making mockery of the entire issue. simply hopeless journalism

3 out of 4 members found this post helpful.
Old 06-09-2009, 01:13 AM
Donor
Priority Date
:
Aug-02
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
04/11/2007
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140+I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
02/07/2007
Compare
PresidentO has a reputation beyond repute PresidentO has a reputation beyond repute PresidentO has a reputation beyond repute PresidentO has a reputation beyond repute PresidentO has a reputation beyond repute PresidentO has a reputation beyond repute PresidentO has a reputation beyond repute PresidentO has a reputation beyond repute PresidentO has a reputation beyond repute PresidentO has a reputation beyond repute PresidentO has a reputation beyond repute

The reporter does not seem to know the issue at all and coming from an Indian/Pakistani background painted the whole issue as if it were a Desi issue.

Dude writes that visas dry up and he quotes USCIS spokes person saying we are sitting at 45,000 from week 1 and haven't still moved an inch. Damn it! Gimme a break! Get real

The attorney featured sings to his tune and talks about all things Indian, Indian companies, Indian nationals, India. Wow! Does any one need more ammunition to take charge and paint H1B issue as Indian issue? Sorry to be harsh but this is more of a bad press than any thing helpful.

Then he goes on to say that people are waiting for GC because of strict rules?? Excuse me! until Jul 2007 rules were not implemented. This guy says strict rules.

1 out of 1 members found this post helpful.
Old 06-09-2009, 09:26 AM
Priority Date
:
Dec-05
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
04/15/2008
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
08/11/2008
Compare
Humhongekamyab is a name known to all Humhongekamyab is a name known to all Humhongekamyab is a name known to all Humhongekamyab is a name known to all Humhongekamyab is a name known to all Humhongekamyab is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by ronhira View Post
This is the most hopeless of all the articles I have seen on this issue. It has no meaning, no arguments, nothing new to tell or share and it doesn't even cover any issue. The article does not cover the issue properly making mockery of the entire issue. simply hopeless journalism
I agree.

Old 06-09-2009, 01:05 PM
Priority Date
:
Sep-03
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
03-28-2007
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
07-17-2007
Compare
kopguy has much to be proud of kopguy has much to be proud of kopguy has much to be proud of kopguy has much to be proud of kopguy has much to be proud of kopguy has much to be proud of kopguy has much to be proud of kopguy has much to be proud of
Default Entrepreneurship is a way to recovery

Marketplace, a popular radio business program talks about the necessity to ease green cards for educated immigrants.

http://marketplace.publicradio.org/d...repreneurship/

Old 06-09-2009, 01:33 PM
Priority Date
:
Dec-04
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
07/03/2007
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140+I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/06/2007
Compare
yestogc has a spectacular aura about yestogc has a spectacular aura about yestogc has a spectacular aura about

I second your thought khodalmd, ............... when there is no country cap on H1B , why on GC then, this creates more backlog

Old 06-09-2009, 01:40 PM
Donor
Priority Date
:
Jun-06
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
08/10/2006
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
08/20/2007
Compare
Winner has a reputation beyond repute Winner has a reputation beyond repute Winner has a reputation beyond repute Winner has a reputation beyond repute Winner has a reputation beyond repute Winner has a reputation beyond repute Winner has a reputation beyond repute Winner has a reputation beyond repute Winner has a reputation beyond repute Winner has a reputation beyond repute Winner has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by khodalmd View Post
Welcome Ron Hira.
I know, you are strict opponent of Employment base immigration. I know, your basic concern for the abuse of H1B system by some people but don't you think huge backlog for Employment based green card is a genuine problem to address separately. Why are you covering H1B abuse issue with Employment based green card? A person born in Indian get more than 10 years to get GC and same caliber person born few miles away in Pakistan or Bangladesh get GC in 1 year!!! Both person have same look, same culture, speak same language. Is it cultural diversity??
Lets have some negotiation fix genuine loophole in H1B system to prevent abuse and address genuine problem of Employment based GC backlog. If we keep fighting, neither one is going to be fix. Please have your thought.
This not the real Ron-the-Loser, it's Ron-the-impersonator. But you do have a good point.

$ Contributor
Texas IV Group member.

About Immigration Voice.http://immigrationvoice.org/index.ph...id=5&Itemid=47
IV in the news.http://immigrationvoice.org/index.ph...d=19&Itemid=27

Contribution till date $600 + Monthly contributions

GC Approved on 5/5/2011

Old 06-09-2009, 02:38 PM
Priority Date
:
Aug-05
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
09/27/2005
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
08/13/2007
Compare
lost_in_migration has a reputation beyond repute lost_in_migration has a reputation beyond repute lost_in_migration has a reputation beyond repute lost_in_migration has a reputation beyond repute lost_in_migration has a reputation beyond repute lost_in_migration has a reputation beyond repute lost_in_migration has a reputation beyond repute lost_in_migration has a reputation beyond repute lost_in_migration has a reputation beyond repute lost_in_migration has a reputation beyond repute lost_in_migration has a reputation beyond repute
Default Balanced article.

We can't expect every article to be a mouthpiece for our issues

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaime View Post

Attended the 18th Sep rally in DC.
Sent Letters to White House and phone calls to congressmen.
Completed all action items for HR 3012 & requested friends as well.

Old 06-09-2009, 02:43 PM
Priority Date
:
Dec-05
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
01/26/2006
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
06/21/2007
Compare
small2006 has a spectacular aura about small2006 has a spectacular aura about
Default Chill out..

Guys,

Chill out...Everybody is unnecessarily getting worked up just because our frustrations are not reflected in the article.

It doesn't say "that people are waiting for GC because of strict rules". That is totally taken out of context. Re-read the article.

Keep in mind where the article has appeared - BBC. Keep in mind the audience of the article - people who don't know anything about this issue. From that perspective it does a decent job of providing someone with some idea as to what the H1B/GC issues are about. It is in no way meant to be (or attempts to do) a thorough in depth report on what is going on. Think of it as just a "big picture" overview of the PATHETIC state of US immigration system as it applies to H1Bs and GCs.

On the point of painting "H1B issue as Indian issue" - Although the article doesn't claim to do that, don't you think that when 65% of H1Bs are taken up by Indian nationals (at least in 2000, probably more later, http://www.murthy.com/news/UDtechi.html)
, it is at least a "65% Indian issue."

In any case, my intent was not to be rude but just to point out that there is no need to get so riled up on an article that neither hurts or helps our cause.

Take it easy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PresidentO View Post
The reporter does not seem to know the issue at all and coming from an Indian/Pakistani background painted the whole issue as if it were a Desi issue.

Dude writes that visas dry up and he quotes USCIS spokes person saying we are sitting at 45,000 from week 1 and haven't still moved an inch. Damn it! Gimme a break! Get real

The attorney featured sings to his tune and talks about all things Indian, Indian companies, Indian nationals, India. Wow! Does any one need more ammunition to take charge and paint H1B issue as Indian issue? Sorry to be harsh but this is more of a bad press than any thing helpful.

Then he goes on to say that people are waiting for GC because of strict rules?? Excuse me! until Jul 2007 rules were not implemented. This guy says strict rules.

0 out of 1 members found this post helpful.
Old 06-09-2009, 02:53 PM
Priority Date
:
Sep-08
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
05/01/2009
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
angelfire76 has a reputation beyond repute angelfire76 has a reputation beyond repute angelfire76 has a reputation beyond repute angelfire76 has a reputation beyond repute angelfire76 has a reputation beyond repute angelfire76 has a reputation beyond repute angelfire76 has a reputation beyond repute angelfire76 has a reputation beyond repute angelfire76 has a reputation beyond repute angelfire76 has a reputation beyond repute angelfire76 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Actually..

The attorney is right and no where has she specifically stated it as an "Indian only" issue. It just happens that lot of consultancies are owned by Indians and they could be her clients.
But she has at least brought visibility to the sudden enforcement tactics of the USCIS, which can only be termed as seeing everyone as a criminal, just because you found one or two in a bunch. In fact hearing about a lot of H1 extensions denied (even with approved 140) or given only for a very limited period of time, extensive RFEs etc. all I can say is that if they are unable to legislatively "purge" foreign workers due to business lobby, they sure are trying to do so administratively.