Immigration Voice - Forums
Register Get Involved Contact Lawmakers Advocacy Discussion Image Image Image Image

Go Back   Immigration Voice > Immigration Voice Issues and Congressional updates > IV Agenda and Legislative Updates
Click to log in with Facebook
IV Agenda and Legislative Updates Immigration Voice's Agenda and Legislative Updates

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-23-2012, 02:37 PM
Priority Date
:
Category
:
N/A
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
madaha has a brilliant future madaha has a brilliant future madaha has a brilliant future madaha has a brilliant future madaha has a brilliant future madaha has a brilliant future madaha has a brilliant future madaha has a brilliant future madaha has a brilliant future madaha has a brilliant future madaha has a brilliant future
Default Please unite Chinese Students in the US

Dear IV executives and members:

I'm a Chinese student. I must let you know that the Chinese community are very excited with the HR 3012, but share the worry about the current hold and potential filibuster. They are more than willing to join force with Indian students/professionals to get this bill passed ASAP to relieve the long and lethal suffering.

I have attached a list of website with link to Chinese Student and Scholar Association of most universities in the U.S. The chairmen of each association should be able to mobilize local students.

CSSA List
CSSA List: Directory of Chinese Students and Scholars Associations in the U.S.

I also attached the web link to CSSA in Iowa in particular:

Chinese Students and Scholars Association (CSSA) - Student Organizations - Iowa State University
爱荷华大国生者联谊会 | University of Iowa Chinese Student and Scholar Association

"First come, first served" is our motto!
Bookmark and Share Compare Reply With Quote

3 out of 3 members found this post helpful.
Old 01-23-2012, 03:07 PM
Donor
Priority Date
:
Aug-08
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
12/30/2011
Compare
thomachan72 has a reputation beyond repute thomachan72 has a reputation beyond repute thomachan72 has a reputation beyond repute thomachan72 has a reputation beyond repute thomachan72 has a reputation beyond repute thomachan72 has a reputation beyond repute thomachan72 has a reputation beyond repute thomachan72 has a reputation beyond repute thomachan72 has a reputation beyond repute thomachan72 has a reputation beyond repute thomachan72 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by madaha View Post
Dear IV executives and members:

I'm a Chinese student. I must let you know that the Chinese community are very excited with the HR 3012, but share the worry about the current hold and potential filibuster. They are more than willing to join force with Indian students/professionals to get this bill passed ASAP to relieve the long and lethal suffering.

I have attached a list of website with link to Chinese Student and Scholar Association of most universities in the U.S. The chairmen of each association should be able to mobilize local students.

CSSA List
CSSA List: Directory of Chinese Students and Scholars Associations in the U.S.

I also attached the web link to CSSA in Iowa in particular:

Chinese Students and Scholars Association (CSSA) - Student Organizations - Iowa State University
爱荷华大国生者联谊会 | University of Iowa Chinese Student and Scholar Association

"First come, first served" is our motto!
Welcome and glad that you joined the fight. I tried a couple of local universities but did not get any reply. Yes we will continue to try but also get more chinese friends to help you out to contact the leaders of these orgs. Do it fast since it is in the final stretch. If you are successful pls post back here to encourage others.

Old 01-23-2012, 03:13 PM
Priority Date
:
N/A
Category
:
N/A
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
N/A
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
digital2k has a reputation beyond repute digital2k has a reputation beyond repute digital2k has a reputation beyond repute digital2k has a reputation beyond repute digital2k has a reputation beyond repute digital2k has a reputation beyond repute digital2k has a reputation beyond repute digital2k has a reputation beyond repute digital2k has a reputation beyond repute digital2k has a reputation beyond repute digital2k has a reputation beyond repute
Thumbs up Chinese Students in the US...

Great Efforts please reach out to everyone.

Here are the flyers with great help from our active chinese friend ...

http://immigrationvoice.org/forum/fo...ml#post3061711

Here is dedication from a Chinese friend on 12/24/11 "I spent my whole Friday posting Chinese flyers in 8 Chinese communities (8 towns) & 1 Indian community (it's very close to a Chinese community) in Southern California (Los Angeles & Orange counties). I drove about 250 miles in total. I hope my efforts can raise awareness of HR3012 toward Chinese (mainly) & Indians. I mean the meaning behind this bill is large--> eliminate the discrimination of country of birth and send both Chinese & Indian immigrants/applicants a message--> If we have been treated unfairly we need to raise our voice and fight against it together. We keep fighting till we achieve victory. It's a great life experience/lesson that will benefit everyone who want to be successful in life esp when they choose to work/live in a foreign land."
Proud contributor, active in all Action Items

1 out of 1 members found this post helpful.
Old 01-23-2012, 03:14 PM
Priority Date
:
N/A
Category
:
N/A
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
N/A
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
digital2k has a reputation beyond repute digital2k has a reputation beyond repute digital2k has a reputation beyond repute digital2k has a reputation beyond repute digital2k has a reputation beyond repute digital2k has a reputation beyond repute digital2k has a reputation beyond repute digital2k has a reputation beyond repute digital2k has a reputation beyond repute digital2k has a reputation beyond repute digital2k has a reputation beyond repute
Thumbs up Chinese Students in the US...

Keep it up and rech out for more action

Here are flyers created by active IV friend from China
http://immigrationvoice.org/forum/fo...ml#post3061711

And his committment to inspire others :

Here is dedication from a Chinese friend on 12/24/11 "I spent my whole Friday posting Chinese flyers in 8 Chinese communities (8 towns) & 1 Indian community (it's very close to a Chinese community) in Southern California (Los Angeles & Orange counties). I drove about 250 miles in total. I hope my efforts can raise awareness of HR3012 toward Chinese (mainly) & Indians. I mean the meaning behind this bill is large--> eliminate the discrimination of country of birth and send both Chinese & Indian immigrants/applicants a message--> If we have been treated unfairly we need to raise our voice and fight against it together. We keep fighting till we achieve victory. It's a great life experience/lesson that will benefit everyone who want to be successful in life esp when they choose to work/live in a foreign land."
Proud contributor, active in all Action Items