Immigration Voice - Forums
Register Get Involved Contact Lawmakers Advocacy Discussion Image Image Image Image

Go Back   Immigration Voice > Immigration Voice Issues and Congressional updates > IV Agenda and Legislative Updates
Click to log in with Facebook
IV Agenda and Legislative Updates Immigration Voice's Agenda and Legislative Updates

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-08-2012, 11:42 AM
Super Moderator
Priority Date
:
Category
:
N/A
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
StarSun has a reputation beyond repute StarSun has a reputation beyond repute StarSun has a reputation beyond repute StarSun has a reputation beyond repute StarSun has a reputation beyond repute StarSun has a reputation beyond repute StarSun has a reputation beyond repute StarSun has a reputation beyond repute StarSun has a reputation beyond repute StarSun has a reputation beyond repute StarSun has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by GCTorture View Post
Anu, please dont get it wrong. Please. You remember the old saying - when the iron is hot, it needs more hammering. Weeks pass by now, there is no sign of the bill coming to floor. Various other bills are picked up even after President's office sent immigration initiative to senate. WE DO BELIEVE IV is doing tremendous effort and lobbying (only thing bothers is there is no update from them either except the same few lines), but let us do flower campaign. It won't hurt, for sure.
I understand what you are saying, but updates cannot be given often - that does not mean that IV is not hammering away at the hot iron
Please be assured that IV is working on the bill.
202-386-6250
ivcoordinator@gmail.com
Money with active participation is far more powerful - please join your state chapters and meet with your lawmakers.
Bookmark and Share Compare Reply With Quote

1 out of 1 members found this post helpful.
Old 02-08-2012, 12:24 PM
Donor
Priority Date
:
Oct-06
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
02/10/2008
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
N/A
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
starscream has a reputation beyond repute starscream has a reputation beyond repute starscream has a reputation beyond repute starscream has a reputation beyond repute starscream has a reputation beyond repute starscream has a reputation beyond repute starscream has a reputation beyond repute starscream has a reputation beyond repute starscream has a reputation beyond repute starscream has a reputation beyond repute starscream has a reputation beyond repute

Humble request to all:

Please let us not chop the tree branch we are standing on by starting random campaigns

To members GCTorture, neel_gump, mugembo and all who want to start flower or any other campaign:

Don't know if you were part from the time before the bill was even introduced in House Judciary Commitee - at that time IV had forumalted a call campaign to House Jud Commitee members it was a success because it was a coordinated effort , there were suggestions of phone campaigns after that as there was a 1 month gap between the bill passing the commitee and coming to house vote but IV said it is not required , the bill still passed the house, after the hold it bypassed the Sen. Judiciary commitee ...my point is any campaign should be a informed campaign to have the necessary effect and this 'information/knowledge' comes from IV advocacy activity..if done randomly it will backfire as legislators wil get annoyed ..the last thing we want to know is annoy them...and personally I don't think the Senator is going to be swayed by flowers...
I have highlighted in bold below in neelu's post the 2 reasons we should not start flower or any campaign as we could be scoring a self goal. WE DO NOT WANT OUR ACTIONS TO BACKFIRE.

Originally Posted by GCTorture
I don't agree. It worked in 2007. On top of it, flowers have the capacity to make somebody melt. It is ok, if the senators will not respond to it, but I am sure it won't worsen the situation.

Also, we all know IV is doing heavy lobbying and don't have time to give us any info/answers. As flowers are completely harmless, I don't think there is a need for IV approval here. Waiting further may not be a good strategy, we should not repent later.

Originally Posted by neelu 8
For anything to work, it has to be done at the right time and has to be a completely co-ordinated effort.
Hang in there, positive things are happening in the background and things are looking good. continue with the AIs that have been posted and are urgent. What we need at this time is contributions to keep pushing with the advocacy/lobbying efforts.
New action items will be rolled out at the appropriate time. Also please note that there are ethics rules for the Senate and sending anything (other than letters, faxes, calls) to Senators (or Congressmen) has to follow the appropriate process (and have the approval of the ethics committee).

Originally Posted by StarSunStarting action items on your own and encouraging others might be counter productive.

Quote:
Originally Posted by coopheal View Post
Please do action items as guided by IV core.
Any miss step at this point can derail us big time.

3 out of 3 members found this post helpful.
Old 02-08-2012, 01:11 PM
Priority Date
:
Dec-03
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
07/27/2007
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140+I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/27/2007
Compare
gvenkat has a reputation beyond repute gvenkat has a reputation beyond repute gvenkat has a reputation beyond repute gvenkat has a reputation beyond repute gvenkat has a reputation beyond repute gvenkat has a reputation beyond repute gvenkat has a reputation beyond repute gvenkat has a reputation beyond repute gvenkat has a reputation beyond repute gvenkat has a reputation beyond repute gvenkat has a reputation beyond repute

It would be idiotic to send flowers or any such thing to Grassley etc. Nothing will happen. The bill has gone past the flower campaign stage. We just need to hope that it passes. Whoever wants to spend $$ on flowers might be better off contributing that money to IV.

Old 02-08-2012, 01:13 PM
Priority Date
:
Jan-03
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
12/01/2005
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
05/01/2007
Compare
nitlsu has much to be proud of nitlsu has much to be proud of nitlsu has much to be proud of nitlsu has much to be proud of nitlsu has much to be proud of nitlsu has much to be proud of nitlsu has much to be proud of nitlsu has much to be proud of
Default Positive update?

We have all waited anywhere from 5 to 15 years. Lets at least wait for a little bit more and not take any unilateral actions which can only hurt our cause.

Here's an update from Sen. Scott Brown about the bill,
Senator Scott Brown says Irish E3 immigrant visa bill is “about to pop” | Irish News | IrishCentral

Light at the end of the tunnel maybe?

Old 02-08-2012, 01:25 PM
Priority Date
:
Category
:
N/A
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
shining has much to be proud of shining has much to be proud of shining has much to be proud of shining has much to be proud of shining has much to be proud of shining has much to be proud of shining has much to be proud of shining has much to be proud of shining has much to be proud of shining has much to be proud of
Default NO to Flower Campaign

I think it will be extremely counter productive to go with this route and lets not go any further with this --

I would strongly agree to do the action items -especially tweets/like its and other action items highlighted by IV.

We should get there soon --
Cheers
Shining

Old 02-08-2012, 01:29 PM
Priority Date
:
Category
:
N/A
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
shining has much to be proud of shining has much to be proud of shining has much to be proud of shining has much to be proud of shining has much to be proud of shining has much to be proud of shining has much to be proud of shining has much to be proud of shining has much to be proud of shining has much to be proud of
Default Thanks for the link

Good Hope --Qn would be if it has to go for reconciliation to House --how long the process gets delayed --
Cheers
Shining

Quote:
Originally Posted by nitlsu View Post
We have all waited anywhere from 5 to 15 years. Lets at least wait for a little bit more and not take any unilateral actions which can only hurt our cause.

Senator Scott Brown says Irish E3 immigrant visa bill is “about to pop” | Irish News | IrishCentral

Old 02-08-2012, 02:16 PM
Priority Date
:
Jun-04
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
07/26/2007
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
psychedelicNerd has a reputation beyond repute psychedelicNerd has a reputation beyond repute psychedelicNerd has a reputation beyond repute psychedelicNerd has a reputation beyond repute psychedelicNerd has a reputation beyond repute psychedelicNerd has a reputation beyond repute psychedelicNerd has a reputation beyond repute psychedelicNerd has a reputation beyond repute psychedelicNerd has a reputation beyond repute psychedelicNerd has a reputation beyond repute psychedelicNerd has a reputation beyond repute
Thumbs up I hope.

Quote:

Maybe. Right now i am happy about the fact that 3012 is at least in news and some movement IS going on. Along with the fact that IV core has been positive in keeping up the spirits. However, one disconnect that I see amongst the objectives we are hailing here and what i read on the news website is the adding of E-3. I have read here a few times that we are trying to push for H.R.3012 to be taken up and passed alone. However, the websites says otherwise. IV core, i believe is holding back on information (quite rightfully). I guess we will just have to stay positive and hope all works out well. I don't mind IRISH brothers coming to the US (especially now that the undocumented has been dropped), if no further amendments are proposed or made to the core principles of 3012.

Staying positive and continuing with my action items.

2 out of 2 members found this post helpful.
Old 02-08-2012, 03:19 PM
Priority Date
:
May-04
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
dts has a reputation beyond repute dts has a reputation beyond repute dts has a reputation beyond repute dts has a reputation beyond repute dts has a reputation beyond repute dts has a reputation beyond repute dts has a reputation beyond repute dts has a reputation beyond repute dts has a reputation beyond repute dts has a reputation beyond repute dts has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:

I think Irish lobby is taking HR 3012 as hostage to include their provisions. HR3012 has capacity to pass standalone. Anyway, if Irish lobby is confident to pass it with amendment, we do not have any issue.
Only thing it has to go back to House and will further delayed.

Old 02-08-2012, 03:31 PM
Priority Date
:
N/A
Category
:
EB1C
I140 Mailed Date
:
12/25/2013
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140+I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
12/25/2013
Compare
go_guy123 has a reputation beyond repute go_guy123 has a reputation beyond repute go_guy123 has a reputation beyond repute go_guy123 has a reputation beyond repute go_guy123 has a reputation beyond repute go_guy123 has a reputation beyond repute go_guy123 has a reputation beyond repute go_guy123 has a reputation beyond repute go_guy123 has a reputation beyond repute go_guy123 has a reputation beyond repute go_guy123 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by shining View Post
Thanks for posting this --Video was High Resolution and you can see 3012 in house speakers hand--on the other end, even though John Boehner is asking dems to get this bill passes --he should apply some pressure on his fellow Republican Grassley, its Grassley who is holding up things here--
Cheers
Shining
I always suspect it is the Democratic Party holding up HR 3012...
(not actually Grassley ...one off anti like Tancredo in the past et al will always be there)
DNC has never been a friend of skilled immigrants.

Old 02-08-2012, 03:40 PM
Priority Date
:
Aug-06
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
10/01/2007
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/30/2007
Compare
psaxena has a reputation beyond repute psaxena has a reputation beyond repute psaxena has a reputation beyond repute psaxena has a reputation beyond repute psaxena has a reputation beyond repute psaxena has a reputation beyond repute psaxena has a reputation beyond repute psaxena has a reputation beyond repute psaxena has a reputation beyond repute psaxena has a reputation beyond repute psaxena has a reputation beyond repute
Thumbs up Did you ever hear this..

Better late than never. What is the problem if the E-3 provision is also added to it . Atleast the bill is going to pass.. You saw what happened when the bill was alone, a hold and nothing after it .. there was no +ve end in sight that time..

Atleast the whole Irish community is united enough to the steer the things in positive direction.. I would actually thank them for adding there provision to our bill.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dts View Post
I think Irish lobby is taking HR 3012 as hostage to include their provisions. HR3012 has capacity to pass standalone. Anyway, if Irish lobby is confident to pass it with amendment, we do not have any issue.
Only thing it has to go back to House and will further delayed.

Support HR-3012 and Support Fairness!

Facebook | Google+ | Twitter | Contribute | HR3012 Wiki

Info on Rally | Accommodation | Air Miles | Carpool | Merchandize | Posters | Volunteers

--------------------------
Result for psaxena:
Your position is 53193 in the Green Card Queue based on your Country of Chargeability "India", Priority Date "Aug-06" and Category "EB3" .
Your Expected Date of Adjudication is Sep, 2028.

Old 02-08-2012, 03:44 PM
Priority Date
:
Aug-06
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
10/01/2007
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/30/2007
Compare
psaxena has a reputation beyond repute psaxena has a reputation beyond repute psaxena has a reputation beyond repute psaxena has a reputation beyond repute psaxena has a reputation beyond repute psaxena has a reputation beyond repute psaxena has a reputation beyond repute psaxena has a reputation beyond repute psaxena has a reputation beyond repute psaxena has a reputation beyond repute psaxena has a reputation beyond repute
Default really..

Quote:
Originally Posted by gfor_gc View Post
Don't believe what Irish central posts daily. It is wishful thinking from their side.
And give us a reason to believe you.. ?? What makes you think a news agency it quote the false information , that too stating that actually the senator said so.

why are you and most others are so negative on the positive news related to the bill.??????? Take your doom and gloom approach to the place where other ROW and antis get together..

Info on Rally | Accommodation | Air Miles | Carpool | Merchandize | Posters | Volunteers

Result for psaxena:
Your position is 53193 in the Green Card Queue based on your Country of Chargeability "India", Priority Date "Aug-06" and Category "EB3" .

Old 02-08-2012, 03:49 PM
Donor
Priority Date
:
Oct-06
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
02/10/2008
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
N/A
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
starscream has a reputation beyond repute starscream has a reputation beyond repute starscream has a reputation beyond repute starscream has a reputation beyond repute starscream has a reputation beyond repute starscream has a reputation beyond repute starscream has a reputation beyond repute starscream has a reputation beyond repute starscream has a reputation beyond repute starscream has a reputation beyond repute starscream has a reputation beyond repute

I think this the process is that if the bill is amended with these provisions it goes back to the House for a vote ..
Quote:
Originally Posted by psaxena View Post
Better late than never. What is the problem if the E-3 provision is also added to it . Atleast the bill is going to pass.. You saw what happened when the bill was alone, a hold and nothing after it .. there was no +ve end in sight that time..

Atleast the whole Irish community is united enough to the steer the things in positive direction.. I would actually thank them for adding there provision to our bill.

Old 02-08-2012, 03:56 PM
Priority Date
:
Aug-06
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
10/01/2007
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/30/2007
Compare
Default I know

Thats right , but don't you think the senators working on it do not know of it or had there staff not evaluated to success rate on passing thru the house again. So we had been waiting for over a decade and so a wait for a few more day/weeks should not make a huge difference... right ?? So I don't think anyone should panic and peacefully watch the whole process.

Quote:
Originally Posted by starscream View Post
I think this the process is that if the bill is amended with these provisions it goes back to the House for a vote ..

Result for psaxena:

Old 02-08-2012, 04:00 PM
Priority Date
:
Oct-03
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
justice4all is a splendid one to behold justice4all is a splendid one to behold justice4all is a splendid one to behold justice4all is a splendid one to behold justice4all is a splendid one to behold justice4all is a splendid one to behold justice4all is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by go_guy123 View Post
I always suspect it is the Democratic Party holding up HR 3012...
(not actually Grassley ...one off anti like Tancredo in the past et al will always be there)
DNC has never been a friend of skilled immigrants.
Yes, DNC has never been a friend of skilled immigrants, they are for undocumented and Euro. immigrants and GOP is a friend of skilled immigrants. If they were in power they would have done something for skilled immigrants.

Old 02-08-2012, 04:10 PM
Donor
Priority Date
:
Nov-06
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
01/27/2007
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/27/2007
Compare
mantagon has a reputation beyond repute mantagon has a reputation beyond repute mantagon has a reputation beyond repute mantagon has a reputation beyond repute mantagon has a reputation beyond repute mantagon has a reputation beyond repute mantagon has a reputation beyond repute mantagon has a reputation beyond repute mantagon has a reputation beyond repute mantagon has a reputation beyond repute mantagon has a reputation beyond repute
Default What's stopping you and others...

from contributing? Consider contributing to IV as an alternative to the flower campaign - that will be a better use of your money, don't ya think?

Quote:
Originally Posted by GCTorture View Post
Folks, what exactly is stopping us from sending flowers to Mr.Grassely requesting him to take out the hold on the bill? A flower campaign.