Immigration Voice - Forums
Register Get Involved Contact Lawmakers Advocacy Discussion Image Image Image Image

Go Back   Immigration Voice > Immigration Voice Issues and Congressional updates > IV Agenda and Legislative Updates
Click to log in with Facebook
IV Agenda and Legislative Updates Immigration Voice's Agenda and Legislative Updates

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-13-2012, 04:03 PM
Priority Date
:
Feb-05
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
10/10/2007
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
sethuraj is on a distinguished road
Default Change.Org petition "Senate: Support and Pass H.R.3012

Hi!

I just signed the petition "Senate: Support and Pass H.R.3012 Fairness for High-Skilled Immigrants Act of 2011" on Change.org.

It's important. Will you sign it too? Here's the link:

Petition | Senate: Support and Pass H.R.3012 Fairness for High-Skilled Immigrants Act of 2011 | Change.org

Thanks!

Sethuraj
Bookmark and Share Compare Reply With Quote

Old 11-13-2012, 05:02 PM
Priority Date
:
Oct-04
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
spicy_guy has a reputation beyond repute spicy_guy has a reputation beyond repute spicy_guy has a reputation beyond repute spicy_guy has a reputation beyond repute spicy_guy has a reputation beyond repute spicy_guy has a reputation beyond repute spicy_guy has a reputation beyond repute spicy_guy has a reputation beyond repute spicy_guy has a reputation beyond repute spicy_guy has a reputation beyond repute spicy_guy has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by sethuraj View Post
Hi!

I just signed the petition "Senate: Support and Pass H.R.3012 Fairness for High-Skilled Immigrants Act of 2011" on Change.org.

Petition | Senate: Support and Pass H.R.3012 Fairness for High-Skilled Immigrants Act of 2011 | Change.org

Thanks!

Sethuraj
I still wonder if these online petitions carry any value in Congress? The website says, '83 Needed".:-).

Old 11-13-2012, 07:33 PM
Priority Date
:
Jun-07
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
mgmanoj is a name known to all mgmanoj is a name known to all mgmanoj is a name known to all mgmanoj is a name known to all mgmanoj is a name known to all mgmanoj is a name known to all

Push for another change to allow wait time to be counted towards citizenship and all EB greencard holders will also turn into a vote bank. As Obama recd. more support from Indian community also and wait time is longer for us.

Quote:
Originally Posted by deepakd View Post
When it comes to immigration, Obamas first priority is to get citizenship to millions of Hispanics and lock their their descendants votes for democratic party for years to come.

He may not even know about HR-3012 :-)
Sad but this is the reality guys.

Politics is not about doing the right things but about the rights things to get votes.

Old 11-13-2012, 10:17 PM
Priority Date
:
Feb-05
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
05/05/2007
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/27/2007
Compare
RNGC has much to be proud of RNGC has much to be proud of RNGC has much to be proud of RNGC has much to be proud of RNGC has much to be proud of RNGC has much to be proud of RNGC has much to be proud of RNGC has much to be proud of RNGC has much to be proud of RNGC has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by spicy_guy View Post
I still wonder if these online petitions carry any value in Congress? The website says, '83 Needed".:-).
Well, lets knock on all possible doors! Now it says 66 needed. Come on IV members, don't we have 66 people who want this to be passed ??
Attended the Advocacy days in DC - 2011

Old 11-13-2012, 10:21 PM
Priority Date
:
Feb-05
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
05/05/2007
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/27/2007
Compare
RNGC has much to be proud of RNGC has much to be proud of RNGC has much to be proud of RNGC has much to be proud of RNGC has much to be proud of RNGC has much to be proud of RNGC has much to be proud of RNGC has much to be proud of RNGC has much to be proud of RNGC has much to be proud of
Default I just signed!

Quote:
Originally Posted by sethuraj View Post
Hi!

Thanks!

Sethuraj
I just signed!
Attended the Advocacy days in DC - 2011

Old 11-14-2012, 07:04 AM
Priority Date
:
Sep-08
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
sids_chow is infamous around these parts sids_chow is infamous around these parts sids_chow is infamous around these parts sids_chow is infamous around these parts sids_chow is infamous around these parts sids_chow is infamous around these parts sids_chow is infamous around these parts sids_chow is infamous around these parts sids_chow is infamous around these parts sids_chow is infamous around these parts sids_chow is infamous around these parts
Default I did too !!

I too signed the petition

Old 11-14-2012, 11:04 AM
Priority Date
:
Aug-03
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
06/20/2007
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/23/2007
Compare
Bharam has a brilliant future Bharam has a brilliant future Bharam has a brilliant future Bharam has a brilliant future Bharam has a brilliant future Bharam has a brilliant future Bharam has a brilliant future Bharam has a brilliant future Bharam has a brilliant future Bharam has a brilliant future Bharam has a brilliant future
Default I signed too and shared on facebook

Folks

The reason we feel less represented is, for us we need our friends and families and colleagues to speak for us also.

Thats what is working for undocumented workers. They are lobbied at every level.

Now in a culture where not having green card is treated as underachievement, we should try to garner the support of all to speak for us.

This is what I understood from IV core members keep reiterating on the forums

Lets keep the momentum, be united in the effort

Contributions: $1750
PD AUG 2003, EB3
LABOR APPROVED SEP 2006
I140- ARPPOVED Jun 2007
I-485 - Applied Jul 27 2007

Its not a legal advice.

Old 11-14-2012, 12:02 PM
Priority Date
:
Dec-03
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
02/22/2007
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
08/08/2007
Compare
vs_vasan has a reputation beyond repute vs_vasan has a reputation beyond repute vs_vasan has a reputation beyond repute vs_vasan has a reputation beyond repute vs_vasan has a reputation beyond repute vs_vasan has a reputation beyond repute vs_vasan has a reputation beyond repute vs_vasan has a reputation beyond repute vs_vasan has a reputation beyond repute vs_vasan has a reputation beyond repute vs_vasan has a reputation beyond repute
Default I & 7 more signed the petition

I signed the petition last night and has around 7 more folks signed as well.

Old 11-14-2012, 12:18 PM
Priority Date
:
Jan-08
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
04/15/2008
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
StillonH1B is a splendid one to behold StillonH1B is a splendid one to behold StillonH1B is a splendid one to behold StillonH1B is a splendid one to behold StillonH1B is a splendid one to behold StillonH1B is a splendid one to behold StillonH1B is a splendid one to behold
Default Done

Just signed the petition

Old 11-14-2012, 12:34 PM
Priority Date
:
Jan-03
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
08/13/2006
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
N/A
I485 Mailed Date
:
05/31/2007
Compare
virat is on a distinguished road

Signed the petition..
Attended 2012 San Jose Rally
-------------------------------------------------------

Old 11-14-2012, 01:12 PM
Priority Date
:
Dec-08
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
samuelA is infamous around these parts samuelA is infamous around these parts samuelA is infamous around these parts samuelA is infamous around these parts samuelA is infamous around these parts samuelA is infamous around these parts samuelA is infamous around these parts samuelA is infamous around these parts samuelA is infamous around these parts samuelA is infamous around these parts samuelA is infamous around these parts
Default I signed the petition too

I signed the petition too

Old 11-14-2012, 01:14 PM
Priority Date
:
Aug-03
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
sunny2007 has a reputation beyond repute sunny2007 has a reputation beyond repute sunny2007 has a reputation beyond repute sunny2007 has a reputation beyond repute sunny2007 has a reputation beyond repute sunny2007 has a reputation beyond repute sunny2007 has a reputation beyond repute sunny2007 has a reputation beyond repute sunny2007 has a reputation beyond repute sunny2007 has a reputation beyond repute sunny2007 has a reputation beyond repute
Angry

Is Senate interested to pick any immigration bill in Lame Duck sessions ? We already lost two days in Lame Duck.

Facebook | Google+ | Twitter | Contribute | HR3012 Wiki

Info on Rally | Posters | Volunteers

Old 11-14-2012, 01:23 PM
Priority Date
:
May-04
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
snthampi has a reputation beyond repute snthampi has a reputation beyond repute snthampi has a reputation beyond repute snthampi has a reputation beyond repute snthampi has a reputation beyond repute snthampi has a reputation beyond repute snthampi has a reputation beyond repute snthampi has a reputation beyond repute snthampi has a reputation beyond repute snthampi has a reputation beyond repute snthampi has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunny2007 View Post
Is Senate interested to pick any immigration bill in Lame Duck sessions ? We already lost two days in Lame Duck.
The prospect of HR 3012 ended the moment Grasely put a hold on it. Some people in this forum are still in denial. Instead of wasting time on this, people should spend their energy collectively on meaningful and possible fixes like allowing to apply for 485 without dates being current. Another one that will help a lot of people is allowing H-4 dependents of people with EAD to apply for AP when the date is not current. This will allow the primaries to work independently. Not many people are going to oppose the AP option. I don't think (personal opinion) the EAD option for H-4 makes any sense (when date is not current), especially with the current unemployment rate.

Old 11-14-2012, 01:36 PM
Priority Date
:
Sep-08
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
sids_chow is infamous around these parts sids_chow is infamous around these parts sids_chow is infamous around these parts sids_chow is infamous around these parts sids_chow is infamous around these parts sids_chow is infamous around these parts sids_chow is infamous around these parts sids_chow is infamous around these parts sids_chow is infamous around these parts sids_chow is infamous around these parts sids_chow is infamous around these parts
Exclamation keep it going

Please ,no No No keep the HR3012 going.Some update by iV will surely help lift our out Holiday spirits

Old 11-14-2012, 02:13 PM
Priority Date
:
May-05
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
jetflyer has a reputation beyond repute jetflyer has a reputation beyond repute jetflyer has a reputation beyond repute jetflyer has a reputation beyond repute jetflyer has a reputation beyond repute jetflyer has a reputation beyond repute jetflyer has a reputation beyond repute jetflyer has a reputation beyond repute jetflyer has a reputation beyond repute jetflyer has a reputation beyond repute jetflyer has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by snthampi View Post
The prospect of HR 3012 ended the moment Grasely put a hold on it. Some people in this forum are still in denial. Instead of wasting time on this, people should spend their energy collectively on meaningful and possible fixes like allowing to apply for 485 without dates being current. Another one that will help a lot of people is allowing H-4 dependents of people with EAD to apply for AP when the date is not current. This will allow the primaries to work independently. Not many people are going to oppose the AP option. I don't think (personal opinion) the EAD option for H-4 makes any sense (when date is not current), especially with the current unemployment rate.
work permit for H4 is the most important thing.