Immigration Voice - Forums
Register Get Involved Contact Lawmakers Advocacy Discussion Image Image Image Image

Go Back   Immigration Voice > Immigration Voice Issues and Congressional updates > IV Agenda and Legislative Updates
Click to log in with Facebook
IV Agenda and Legislative Updates Immigration Voice's Agenda and Legislative Updates

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-16-2012, 10:07 AM
Administrator
Priority Date
:
Mar-06
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
05/06/2006
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
06/29/2007
Compare
pappu has a reputation beyond repute pappu has a reputation beyond repute pappu has a reputation beyond repute pappu has a reputation beyond repute pappu has a reputation beyond repute pappu has a reputation beyond repute pappu has a reputation beyond repute pappu has a reputation beyond repute pappu has a reputation beyond repute pappu has a reputation beyond repute pappu has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by sids_chow View Post
Seems like IV is looking at CIR now and HR3012 is in the back burner
It is very unrealistic to think that a bill whether it is CIR or 3012 will be brought in and pass when president comes for the first day in office because many people .... Or I should say some 25 thousand people signed an online petition. Everything takes time and politics of the issue will unfold itself with time in the second term. The best you can do is support immigration voice so that we can continue to represent our issue with lawmakers and make sure our interests are represented whenever there is an opportunity. Interests do not get represented when the senate debates on an issue but much before that when it is not in session. It is a long process and takes lot of hours and resources. Read the advocacy tab on this website to understand how it is done and what you can do to help. Spread awareness to the issue and bring more people in. The last major action item was an event in San Jose. Did you show up? Such events are critical to the success of the issue instead of signing online petitions. We need to bring awareness in everyone so that thousands of people do not fall prey to such petitions and then hope that a bill will pass as soon as it reaches 25 thousand signatures. If some illiterate person undocumented here has such expectation, it is understood. But if someone who is well educated has such expectations, it means the action item in our community at this time should first be raising awareness. It should be job of every senior member of this organization.

Facebook | YouTube | Twitter | Mailing List

===================
I do not give legal advice. You can pay and get it from Lawyers. Just show me some love and click the links above to help ImmigrationVoice any way you choose.
-----------

Last edited by pappu; 11-16-2012 at 11:06 AM.
Bookmark and Share Compare Reply With Quote

0 out of 1 members found this post helpful.
Old 11-16-2012, 10:24 AM
Priority Date
:
Jul-04
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
GCTorture has a reputation beyond repute GCTorture has a reputation beyond repute GCTorture has a reputation beyond repute GCTorture has a reputation beyond repute GCTorture has a reputation beyond repute GCTorture has a reputation beyond repute GCTorture has a reputation beyond repute GCTorture has a reputation beyond repute GCTorture has a reputation beyond repute GCTorture has a reputation beyond repute GCTorture has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by pappu View Post
It is very unrealistic to think that a bill whether it is CIR or 3012 will be brought in and pass when president comes for the first day in office because many people .... Or I should say some 25 thousand people signed an online petition. Everything takes time and politics of the issue will unfold itself with time in the second term. The best you can do is support immigration voice so that we can continue to represent our issue with lawmakers and make sure our interests are represented whenever there is an opportunity. Interests do not get represented when the snake debates on an issue but much before that when it is not in session. It is a long process and takes lot of hours and resources. Read the advocacy tab on this website to understand how it is done and what you can do to help. Spread awareness to the issue and bring more people in. The last major action item was an event in San Jose. Did you show up? Such events are critical to the success of the issue instead of signing online petitions. We need to bring awareness in everyone so that thousands of people do not fall prey to such petitions and then hope that a bill will pass as soon as it reaches 25 thousand signatures. If some illiterate person undocumented here has such expectation, it is understood. But if someone who is well educated has such expectations, it means the action item in our community at this time should first be raising awareness. It should be job of every senior member of this organization.
Pappu,
Please allow me to clarify few things here.
1) Whats wrong in giving a try by signing the petition? If it is done it will be great, if not its not. This is NOWAY going to damage the HR3012, isnt it? We are not saying, forget about 3012 or stop everything towards 3012 and do this petition, is that right? I really don't understand why you discourage things when they are not from IV and not are affecting IV's efforts towards 3012 in anyway.
2) I totally understand that we all should do everything that we can as directed by IV core, that doesn't mean I don't do anything else. When I see a petition like this, and when it is just a click away, and especially when it is not damaging the efforts on 3012, why not doing it?
3) Why you discourage it so much? Yes, you might be right that an online petition may not do much help. Who knows? When 25000 people sign, somebody out there might look at it and do something? May be then they do consider 3012 instead. Who knows?
4) You don't have a definite answer on when 3012 will come into light again, do you? You dont have an answer in what way these petitions will damage 3012? Do you? Then why discouraging?
5) Same with flower campaign kind of proposals. When they came from members, you have watered down them successfully - saying what effect that will be - instead of explaining what damage it will cause.

Please think and re-consider. We are all here to do anything for IV and for 3012.

2 out of 2 members found this post helpful.
Old 11-16-2012, 10:26 AM
Priority Date
:
Jul-04
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
GCTorture has a reputation beyond repute GCTorture has a reputation beyond repute GCTorture has a reputation beyond repute GCTorture has a reputation beyond repute GCTorture has a reputation beyond repute GCTorture has a reputation beyond repute GCTorture has a reputation beyond repute GCTorture has a reputation beyond repute GCTorture has a reputation beyond repute GCTorture has a reputation beyond repute GCTorture has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
It is very unrealistic to think that a bill whether it is CIR or 3012 will be brought in and pass when president comes for the first day in office because many people .... Or I should say some 25 thousand people signed an online petition. Everything takes time and politics of the issue will unfold itself with time in the second term. The best you can do is support immigration voice so that we can continue to represent our issue with lawmakers and make sure our interests are represented whenever there is an opportunity. Interests do not get represented when the snake debates on an issue but much before that when it is not in session. It is a long process and takes lot of hours and resources. Read the advocacy tab on this website to understand how it is done and what you can do to help. Spread awareness to the issue and bring more people in. The last major action item was an event in San Jose. Did you show up? Such events are critical to the success of the issue instead of signing online petitions. We need to bring awareness in everyone so that thousands of people do not fall prey to such petitions and then hope that a bill will pass as soon as it reaches 25 thousand signatures. If some illiterate person undocumented here has such expectation, it is understood. But if someone who is well educated has such expectations, it means the action item in our community at this time should first be raising awareness. It should be job of every senior member of this organization.
Pappu,
1) Whats wrong in giving a try by signing the petition? If it is done it will be great, if not its not. This is NOWAY going to damage the HR3012, isnt it? We are not saying, forget about 3012 or stop everything towards 3012 and do this petition, is that right? I really don't understand why you discourage things when they are not from IV and not are affecting IV's efforts towards 3012 in anyway.
2) I totally understand that we all should do everything that we can as directed by IV core, that doesn't mean I don't do anything else. When I see a petition like this, and when it is just a click away, and especially when it is not damaging the efforts on 3012, why not doing it?
3) Why you discourage it so much? Yes, you might be right that an online petition may not do much help. Who knows? When 25000 people sign, somebody out there might look at it and do something? May be then they do consider 3012 instead. Who knows?
4) You don't have a definite answer on when 3012 will come into light again, do you? You dont have an answer in what way these petitions will damage 3012? Do you? Then why discouraging?
5) Same with flower campaign kind of proposals. When they came from members, you have watered down them successfully - saying what effect that will be - instead of explaining what damage it will cause.

Please think and re-consider. We are all here to do anything for IV and for 3012.

Old 11-16-2012, 10:29 AM
Priority Date
:
Jul-04
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare

Quote:
Pappu,

Old 11-16-2012, 10:32 AM
Priority Date
:
Jul-04
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare

Quote:
Pappu,

Old 11-16-2012, 10:41 AM
Priority Date
:
Jul-04
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare

Quote:
Pappu,

Old 11-16-2012, 10:42 AM
Priority Date
:
Jul-04
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare

Quote:
Pappu,

Old 11-16-2012, 10:59 AM
Priority Date
:
May-10
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
bibliophile2020 has a reputation beyond repute bibliophile2020 has a reputation beyond repute bibliophile2020 has a reputation beyond repute bibliophile2020 has a reputation beyond repute bibliophile2020 has a reputation beyond repute bibliophile2020 has a reputation beyond repute bibliophile2020 has a reputation beyond repute bibliophile2020 has a reputation beyond repute bibliophile2020 has a reputation beyond repute bibliophile2020 has a reputation beyond repute bibliophile2020 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by sorcerer666 View Post
Healthcare reform wasn't easy either, it took time and effort and was done.
George Bush pushed CIR much harder than Obama did in his first term. It failed not just because of Republicans. Many Democrats opposed it. This election did not change anything as far as CIR. There is no clarity about anything in CIR. President did not come forward with what he wants to be included in CIR. Even if the Democrats have super majority in the House, Senate it's not going to be easy. Remember this is something about rewarding people who broke the laws of the country. Generals, senators, Governors, and even presidents have gone down in this country for breaking the laws. There are lot of people who think that these Hispanics are not an exception.

Old 11-16-2012, 12:11 PM
Priority Date
:
Dec-04
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
Ajoshi has a reputation beyond repute Ajoshi has a reputation beyond repute Ajoshi has a reputation beyond repute Ajoshi has a reputation beyond repute Ajoshi has a reputation beyond repute Ajoshi has a reputation beyond repute Ajoshi has a reputation beyond repute Ajoshi has a reputation beyond repute Ajoshi has a reputation beyond repute Ajoshi has a reputation beyond repute Ajoshi has a reputation beyond repute
Default Recent discussion on the forum...

GCTorture - Pls don't torture us by sending the same comments multiple tiimes...

Pappu - That in the your face tone is not very inspirational one. Not sure if that supports the cause.

1 out of 1 members found this post helpful.
Old 11-16-2012, 12:18 PM
Priority Date
:
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
04/12/2011
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
sorcerer666 has a reputation beyond repute sorcerer666 has a reputation beyond repute sorcerer666 has a reputation beyond repute sorcerer666 has a reputation beyond repute sorcerer666 has a reputation beyond repute sorcerer666 has a reputation beyond repute sorcerer666 has a reputation beyond repute sorcerer666 has a reputation beyond repute sorcerer666 has a reputation beyond repute sorcerer666 has a reputation beyond repute sorcerer666 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by bibliophile2020 View Post
George Bush pushed CIR much harder than Obama did in his first term. It failed not just because of Republicans. Many Democrats opposed it. This election did not change anything as far as CIR. There is no clarity about anything in CIR. President did not come forward with what he wants to be included in CIR. Even if the Democrats have super majority in the House, Senate it's not going to be easy. Remember this is something about rewarding people who broke the laws of the country. Generals, senators, Governors, and even presidents have gone down in this country for breaking the laws. There are lot of people who think that these Hispanics are not an exception.
Agreed, Democrats voted against the CIR both in 2006 and 2007. Bush was highly committed towards immigration.

Immigration Reform 2012: Senators Put Forth Bipartisan Immigration Reform Blueprint

There was a blue-print released a couple of years ago, but was buried under the partisanship. Lindsey Graham backed out for political reasons other than immigration issues. This blueprint is what president said he wants to be the basis of a comprehensive bill.

Everyone agrees, that the illegal immigration is the biggest thorn to solve any immigration issues, but if nothing is done to solve it, it's just going to become worse. Also, its definitely not going to be easy with the way the politics is going on right now, but I feel that republicans have changed tunes immediately after the elections to try and work together this time round. Let's hope for the best.

Old 11-16-2012, 03:44 PM
Priority Date
:
Jul-04
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ajoshi View Post
GCTorture - Pls don't torture us by sending the same comments multiple tiimes...

Pappu - That in the your face tone is not very inspirational one. Not sure if that supports the cause.
I apologize. I didn't mean to send it so many times like a retarded. When I click submit reply it started throwing some database error and I thought it didn't go through and tried again two times. Finally I stopped but it seems the message went through all those times sorry again.

Old 11-17-2012, 01:30 PM
Priority Date
:
May-03
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
ravijayanna has a spectacular aura about ravijayanna has a spectacular aura about ravijayanna has a spectacular aura about

Dear Mohan,

Please understand immigartion voice members are also regular people like us who are contributing their valuable time for the cause.

And please understand you are helping yourself by contributing your efforts to the cause. And please don't be personal about taking names like pappu and all.

If you think that you don't want to be part of the cause. It's a free country. You can do whatever you wish.

Thanks

Old 11-19-2012, 01:41 PM
Priority Date
:
Category
:
N/A
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
vijayan_r has a reputation beyond repute vijayan_r has a reputation beyond repute vijayan_r has a reputation beyond repute vijayan_r has a reputation beyond repute vijayan_r has a reputation beyond repute vijayan_r has a reputation beyond repute vijayan_r has a reputation beyond repute vijayan_r has a reputation beyond repute vijayan_r has a reputation beyond repute vijayan_r has a reputation beyond repute vijayan_r has a reputation beyond repute
Default Call Senators Again?

Just thinking out loud! Don't flame me. Was wondering if we do 1 more week of "call your senators" action item again now, if it might have any effect of making the senators pick 3012 during the lame duck?

Again this is just a thought.

Old 11-19-2012, 01:58 PM
Priority Date
:
Aug-03
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
sunny2007 has a reputation beyond repute sunny2007 has a reputation beyond repute sunny2007 has a reputation beyond repute sunny2007 has a reputation beyond repute sunny2007 has a reputation beyond repute sunny2007 has a reputation beyond repute sunny2007 has a reputation beyond repute sunny2007 has a reputation beyond repute sunny2007 has a reputation beyond repute sunny2007 has a reputation beyond repute sunny2007 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by vijayan_r View Post
Just thinking out loud! Don't flame me. Was wondering if we do 1 more week of "call your senators" action item again now, if it might have any effect of making the senators pick 3012 during the lame duck?

Again this is just a thought.
No new Action Items will help except advocacy , advocacy , advocacy. Let's do advocacy to include H.R.3012 ,Stem bill, getting EAD for H4's in CIR before it's too late.

Facebook | Google+ | Twitter | Contribute | HR3012 Wiki

Info on Rally | Posters | Volunteers

Old 11-19-2012, 08:52 PM
Priority Date
:
Category
:
N/A
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
I-140
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
bond4u has a reputation beyond repute bond4u has a reputation beyond repute bond4u has a reputation beyond repute bond4u has a reputation beyond repute bond4u has a reputation beyond repute bond4u has a reputation beyond repute bond4u has a reputation beyond repute bond4u has a reputation beyond repute bond4u has a reputation beyond repute bond4u has a reputation beyond repute bond4u has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by SKS75 View Post
Hi All,
H.R 3012 is not going fast,let's try this.Please sign.This will help worldwide list(not only cha/ind,etc)

Please take some time out to view this petition and sign it. Would be very helpful if you could forward this to others as well and get 25,000 signatures before Dec 1st, 2012.

Short URL: http://wh.gov/98wq

https://petitions.whitehouse.gov/pet...paign=shorturl
All,

Similar petition filed to white house last year "Allow Seriously Backlogged EB2/EB3 Beneficiaries with Their I-140 Approved to File I-485 and Apply for EAD & AP" and White House responded on that. Below was response.

"Removing Bottlenecks in the Visa Process
By Felicia Escobar, Senior Policy Advisor for the Domestic Policy Council

Thank you for signing the petition "Allow Seriously Backlogged EB2/EB3 Beneficiaries with Their I-140 Approved to File I-485 and Apply for EAD & AP." The Obama Administration is committed to removing bottlenecks in the current process so that both applicants and businesses can meaningfully participate in our existing immigrant and nonimmigrant visa systems. Due to an outdated visa system that only Congress can change, too many of the world's brightest entrepreneurial minds are not allowed to come to the United States or stay here and thrive. Some have come to the United States, received training at our excellent universities, and then been required to leave. Others simply have been unable to find a path here in the first place.

Today, many I-140 approved beneficiaries from countries such as China and India must wait several years for a visa to become available because of statutory limits on the number of visas that can be issued to nationals of a particular country in a given fiscal year. The proposal outlined in this petition asks that beneficiaries of approved I-140 immigrant worker petitions be allowed to apply for adjustment of status while they wait for visas to become available, which would allow the accompanying interim benefits of an Employment Authorization Document (EAD) and Advance Parole -- in other words, the ability to work in the United States and to leave the United States and return while awaiting a visa. Unfortunately, the U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS) cannot change the statutory requirement that a visa must be immediately available at the time an individual is allowed to file an application to adjust their status. This proposed reform can only be made by Congress through changes to the law.

Over the past year, top Administration officials have traveled throughout the country to talk with thousands of entrepreneurs and small business owners as part of listening sessions organized by the President's Council on Jobs and Competitiveness, the U.S. Small Business Administration, the White House Business Council, and the White House Startup America Initiative. The message we hear is resounding: our Nation's immigration system is broken and must be reformed.

The President has outlined his vision for restoring responsibility and accountability to the broken immigration system in the Blueprint for Immigration Reform (pdf), which outlines the challenges we must tackle and the solutions we must implement if we are to build a 21st century immigration system. The President believes that this will require:

Continuing to make border security the responsibility and priority of the federal government;
Holding accountable businesses that break the law by exploiting undocumented workers;
Making those living in the United States illegally take responsibility for their actions, before they can get on a path to legalization, by passing a background check, paying fines, paying taxes, and getting right with the law; and
Strengthening our economic competiveness by creating a legal immigration system that meets our 21st century economic and security needs. This includes making reforms to the existing employment- and family-based immigration system, including existing caps to ensure successful high-skilled immigrants are able to remain in the U.S. permanently.
The President is willing to sit down with any Congressional leader -- Republican, Democrat, or Independent -- who shares his commitment to fixing the broken immigration system so that it meets America's economic and security needs. We need leaders who are willing to engage in a constructive policy debate on this important issue.

As we continue to build support for legislative reform, the Administration will continually look for ways to improve the current immigration system, and we have proposed several important changes in the past several months. Recently, USCIS Director Alejandro Mayorkas joined the President's Council on Jobs and Competiveness in Pittsburgh to announce the "Entrepreneurs in Residence" initiative, which will utilize industry expertise to strengthen USCIS policies and practices surrounding immigrant investors, entrepreneurs, and workers with specialized skills, knowledge or abilities.

You can continue to act and help the Administration make lasting change to immigration. President Obama has called for a national conversation on immigration reform that builds a bipartisan consensus to fix our broken immigration system so it works for America's 21st century economy. But he can't do it alone. Over the last several months, dozens of communities have answered his call, holding meetings with local business leaders, faith leaders, law enforcement leaders and others to discuss the changes necessary to create a 21st century immigration system. He is asking you and other Americans to continue the conversation in your community by hosting a roundtable. Find out more and tell us about your roundtable at Fixing the Immigration System for America’s 21st Century Economy | The White House.

Thank you for making your voice heard. We greatly appreciate your interest and hope that you continue to share your views with the Administration.

Check out this response on We the People."