Immigration Voice - Forums
Register Get Involved Contact Lawmakers Advocacy Discussion Image Image Image Image

Go Back   Immigration Voice > Immigration Voice Issues and Congressional updates > IV Agenda and Legislative Updates
Click to log in with Facebook
IV Agenda and Legislative Updates Immigration Voice's Agenda and Legislative Updates

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-04-2012, 01:09 PM
Priority Date
:
Nov-10
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
01/28/2011
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
CKR can only hope to improve
Default Bush says immigrants fill gap in labor market Read more: http://www.seattlepi.com/ne

Bush says immigrants fill gap in labor market - seattlepi.com

Can IV seek help for 3012/CIR/STEM from the "George W. Bush Institute " mentioned in the article.

Just a thought to turn every stone , never know where help might be...
Bookmark and Share Compare Reply With Quote

Old 12-04-2012, 02:12 PM
Priority Date
:
Category
:
N/A
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
braveone is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by bibliophile2020 View Post
I thought this thread, along with what's it is talking about are dead and gone. Surprised to see the thread resurrect, I hope the bill will miraculously resurrect it self and becomes the law.
"If an object experiences no net force, then its velocity is constant"
~ Newtown's first law of motion

Nothing happens by itself. If it will happen then it means someone has spent energy on it.

Old 12-04-2012, 02:20 PM
Priority Date
:
Sep-04
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
03/01/2007
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/01/2007
Compare
looivy has a reputation beyond repute looivy has a reputation beyond repute looivy has a reputation beyond repute looivy has a reputation beyond repute looivy has a reputation beyond repute looivy has a reputation beyond repute looivy has a reputation beyond repute looivy has a reputation beyond repute looivy has a reputation beyond repute looivy has a reputation beyond repute looivy has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by CKR View Post
Bush says immigrants fill gap in labor market - seattlepi.com

Can IV seek help for 3012/CIR/STEM from the "George W. Bush Institute " mentioned in the article.

Just a thought to turn every stone , never know where help might be...
He is doing it to make it easy for Jeb Bush.

Old 12-04-2012, 03:31 PM
Priority Date
:
Jun-07
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
gauravster has a reputation beyond repute gauravster has a reputation beyond repute gauravster has a reputation beyond repute gauravster has a reputation beyond repute gauravster has a reputation beyond repute gauravster has a reputation beyond repute gauravster has a reputation beyond repute gauravster has a reputation beyond repute gauravster has a reputation beyond repute gauravster has a reputation beyond repute gauravster has a reputation beyond repute
Default GOP seems most friendly

Despite the media rhetoric, from where I see, GOP seems to be most party friendly to immigration.

The last two times when we have had wholesale reform(both legal and comprehensive) was in 1986 and 2001 (remember AC21), both the times when republicans had more power. Even CIR came closest to reality in 2007 when it was pushed by Bush Jr, though GOP did not have the Senate or House, so was difficult to pass.

In the case of HR3012, the bill easily passed the house (controlled by GOP) and stalled in Senate. Despite the fact that there is a hold by a republican, if the house leader wants it, he can get the bill on the floor and have a cloture vote. When the bill passed in house with 90+% in favor, the Senate majority leader could have gotten it out.

Even in the case of illegal immigration, deportations (something more directly controlled by President) have gone up several times in the last 4 years compared to prior years.

Despite all these actions GOP seems to be loosing ground among immigrants, including among many here. Maybe it is more to do with the fact that GOP is probably more inclusive, to the extent that it has extremist of all kinds, unlike having to follow a partyline.

Quote:
Originally Posted by looivy View Post
He is doing it to make it easy for Jeb Bush.

Old 12-04-2012, 05:45 PM
Administrator
Priority Date
:
Mar-06
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
05/06/2006
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
06/29/2007
Compare
pappu has a reputation beyond repute pappu has a reputation beyond repute pappu has a reputation beyond repute pappu has a reputation beyond repute pappu has a reputation beyond repute pappu has a reputation beyond repute pappu has a reputation beyond repute pappu has a reputation beyond repute pappu has a reputation beyond repute pappu has a reputation beyond repute pappu has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rams2012 View Post
It is always the case that only 1 to 2% of affected community participate in action items for advocacy items It is not unusual. End result is going to be the same. Instead of a few thousand if 1 lakh persons participated then also same result. But diiference is it might have created buzz in media. But end result would have been same. Months or years of work needed to pass in house. More work may be needed in senate also. Or May be some more compromise needed in the bill and not much time for that in 2012.
Incorrect.

This issue is a small issue to solve if more people stand up and tell lawmakers. Talk to your friends who have gone to meetings in DC and met lawmakers, talk to people who are in regular touch with their local lawmaker and meet him when he comes during a break, talk to people in other organizations who actually got their issue solved and learn from them..... And you will see that it is not difficult. All it needs is firstly losing our big egos, then commitment, sincerity and sacrifice. We can all whine on forums, criticize lawmakers, politics, system, send junk emails and sign petitions, anonymously troll forums to vent our frustrations, but in the end it is all useless if we are really concerned. A lot of us are still happy with our state of being and worry only if dates go back or we get an RFE. Only few whose lives are not moving due to this issue, and are losing something in life because of it come and make those commitment to the cause. It is very easy to sit back and and give opinions but for once try and come to the front lines and fight it out. It will give us satisfaction that we have done something meaningful for ourselves and others like us. The delay in in the bill might bring more people together if frustration increases. And that will be a sure sign of our success. We have achieved so much through our shoestring efforts. Imagine what could be possible if we have more strength.

Facebook | YouTube | Twitter | Mailing List

===================
I do not give legal advice. You can pay and get it from Lawyers. Just show me some love and click the links above to help ImmigrationVoice any way you choose.
-----------

1 out of 1 members found this post helpful.
Old 12-05-2012, 05:53 PM
Priority Date
:
Mar-04
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
08/19/2007
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
08/08/2007
Compare
sri1309 has a reputation beyond repute sri1309 has a reputation beyond repute sri1309 has a reputation beyond repute sri1309 has a reputation beyond repute sri1309 has a reputation beyond repute sri1309 has a reputation beyond repute sri1309 has a reputation beyond repute sri1309 has a reputation beyond repute sri1309 has a reputation beyond repute sri1309 has a reputation beyond repute sri1309 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Where are the action items

Quote:
Originally Posted by pappu View Post
Incorrect.

This issue is a small issue to solve if more people stand up and tell lawmakers. Talk to your friends who have gone to meetings in DC and met lawmakers, talk to people who are in regular touch with their local lawmaker and meet him when he comes during a break, talk to people in other organizations who actually got their issue solved and learn from them..... And you will see that it is not difficult. All it needs is firstly losing our big egos, then commitment, sincerity and sacrifice. We can all whine on forums, criticize lawmakers, politics, system, send junk emails and sign petitions, anonymously troll forums to vent our frustrations, but in the end it is all useless if we are really concerned. A lot of us are still happy with our state of being and worry only if dates go back or we get an RFE. Only few whose lives are not moving due to this issue, and are losing something in life because of it come and make those commitment to the cause. It is very easy to sit back and and give opinions but for once try and come to the front lines and fight it out. It will give us satisfaction that we have done something meaningful for ourselves and others like us. The delay in in the bill might bring more people together if frustration increases. And that will be a sure sign of our success. We have achieved so much through our shoestring efforts. Imagine what could be possible if we have more strength.
Pappu,
We agree what you said. But at this time we are expected action from IV.
We hardly have few days left over in this lame duck session. Lets not worry about what happens to 3012 in the end.
The question from everybody here, who have contributed efforts for our goal is :
What are we doing right now for 3012. We have 10 days or so. Can you please create one action item like calling senators or whatever, and lets get started once again. Sorry I'm checking on this late. We are all ready. Lets not worry about those who don't participate or loose focus. Lets do something NOW. Could you please propose an action item, a new one.
Please understand we must NOT give up at any stage. It is NOT over till its over.
How many times have we not won a cricket match in the last 1-2 balls.
What do we call our players if they give up the match when two more overs are left over.
ACTION PLEASE. Lets not forget what we have already put into this effort.
Lets do what we can, NOW

Old 12-05-2012, 07:11 PM
Donor
Priority Date
:
Nov-10
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
Labor Certification
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
dhakaldoo has a reputation beyond repute dhakaldoo has a reputation beyond repute dhakaldoo has a reputation beyond repute dhakaldoo has a reputation beyond repute dhakaldoo has a reputation beyond repute dhakaldoo has a reputation beyond repute dhakaldoo has a reputation beyond repute dhakaldoo has a reputation beyond repute dhakaldoo has a reputation beyond repute dhakaldoo has a reputation beyond repute dhakaldoo has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by sri1309 View Post
Pappu,
We agree what you said. But at this time we are expected action from IV.
We hardly have few days left over in this lame duck session. Lets not worry about what happens to 3012 in the end.
The question from everybody here, who have contributed efforts for our goal is :
What are we doing right now for 3012. We have 10 days or so. Can you please create one action item like calling senators or whatever, and lets get started once again. Sorry I'm checking on this late. We are all ready. Lets not worry about those who don't participate or loose focus. Lets do something NOW. Could you please propose an action item, a new one.
Please understand we must NOT give up at any stage. It is NOT over till its over.
How many times have we not won a cricket match in the last 1-2 balls.
What do we call our players if they give up the match when two more overs are left over.
ACTION PLEASE. Lets not forget what we have already put into this effort.
Lets do what we can, NOW

No action item is going to help right now. what ever was needed to be done, could be done is already done. its all wait and watch right now. If there was some thing to be done IV would have posted it. Dont be so naive. Its not in IVs hand to bring it to vote now! its upto senate and the majority leader... IV can lobby only upto a certain point.

Old 12-05-2012, 07:30 PM
Priority Date
:
Mar-04
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
08/19/2007
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
08/08/2007
Compare
sri1309 has a reputation beyond repute sri1309 has a reputation beyond repute sri1309 has a reputation beyond repute sri1309 has a reputation beyond repute sri1309 has a reputation beyond repute sri1309 has a reputation beyond repute sri1309 has a reputation beyond repute sri1309 has a reputation beyond repute sri1309 has a reputation beyond repute sri1309 has a reputation beyond repute sri1309 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by dhakaldoo View Post
No action item is going to help right now. what ever was needed to be done, could be done is already done. its all wait and watch right now. If there was some thing to be done IV would have posted it. Dont be so naive. Its not in IVs hand to bring it to vote now! its upto senate and the majority leader... IV can lobby only upto a certain point.
Don't forget you are IV too. What are you suggesting for the rest of us. No matter what, we must keep trying and make action items.
Looks like you didnt get it. Again, scene is you need 20 runs and there is one over left. What do you advise us to do. Ask the captain?? or have a strong will to play it till the end????
Or wait and watch?

Old 12-05-2012, 07:54 PM
Donor
Priority Date
:
Nov-10
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
Labor Certification
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
dhakaldoo has a reputation beyond repute dhakaldoo has a reputation beyond repute dhakaldoo has a reputation beyond repute dhakaldoo has a reputation beyond repute dhakaldoo has a reputation beyond repute dhakaldoo has a reputation beyond repute dhakaldoo has a reputation beyond repute dhakaldoo has a reputation beyond repute dhakaldoo has a reputation beyond repute dhakaldoo has a reputation beyond repute dhakaldoo has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Don't forget you are IV too. What are you suggesting for the rest of us. No matter what, we must keep trying and make action items.
Looks like you didnt get it. Again, scene is you need 20 runs and there is one over left. What do you advise us to do. Ask the captain?? or have a strong will to play it till the end????
Or wait and watch?
Yeah I very well know I am an IV member. When I refer to IV I mean the leaders. I thought you will get that.

My suggestion is clearly written above. there is nothing more that can be done publicly now. if there is any thing its being done behind the scene. Just wait and watch for now and have faith. Meanwhile still keep supporting IV and spread the word.

If for some bizzare reason 3012 does not pass this year (and I am sure it will pass) we have to gear up for next year and we need even more support for that.

0 out of 1 members found this post helpful.
Old 12-05-2012, 08:05 PM
Donor
Priority Date
:
Nov-10
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
Labor Certification
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare

Quote:
No matter what, we must keep trying and make action items.
Looks like you didnt get it.
you are absolutely right. Here is action item for you.
Start a state chapter. Done money and collect money. Spread word about Immigration voice and the cause. I think this will help IV more. This is the only ongoing action item sir!
Not all action items are as simple as picking up phone and calling senator 10 times a day.

Disclaimer : I am not saying that you are not doing this. you might be. and keep doing.

Quote:
Again, scene is you need 20 runs and there is one over left. What do you advise us to do. Ask the captain?? or have a strong will to play it till the end????
Or wait and watch?
You really think this analogy is suitable for this situation? what do you really think playing it till the end means? you think Jamming senator's phone lines is going to pass the bill in this 10 days?? Thats supposed to be ground work and that's already been done!
not everything in life is cricket where you play till the end. there are some things where you say you did all you could and HOPE for the best and provide support in terms of money which is needed right now for lobbying.

Old 12-05-2012, 08:06 PM
Banned
Priority Date
:
Dec-07
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
waitingnwaiting has a reputation beyond repute waitingnwaiting has a reputation beyond repute waitingnwaiting has a reputation beyond repute waitingnwaiting has a reputation beyond repute waitingnwaiting has a reputation beyond repute waitingnwaiting has a reputation beyond repute waitingnwaiting has a reputation beyond repute waitingnwaiting has a reputation beyond repute waitingnwaiting has a reputation beyond repute waitingnwaiting has a reputation beyond repute waitingnwaiting has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Or wait and watch?
This is not a cricket match or a game. It is serious for some of us. If it was a cricket match then imagine only 4 people showing up for innings when their turn came to bat. So it is not a question of 20 runs or last ball. Where are .5 million people in backlogs? I would not pressure for updates. These guys get expert advise and will tell us what to do and when to do. Maybe they do not want to share info. You know the kind of aholes around everywhere. Let experts do their thing and produce magic. That is our only hope. If there is something they ask of us we will do it. I already have my monthly subscription going on to support lobbyist.

Old 12-10-2012, 10:53 AM
Priority Date
:
Sep-08
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
sids_chow is infamous around these parts sids_chow is infamous around these parts sids_chow is infamous around these parts sids_chow is infamous around these parts sids_chow is infamous around these parts sids_chow is infamous around these parts sids_chow is infamous around these parts sids_chow is infamous around these parts sids_chow is infamous around these parts sids_chow is infamous around these parts sids_chow is infamous around these parts
Default Requesting update is a anomaly ?

I disagree with the above post. You seem to be suggesting that only paid members and members visiting the rallies are the real members and others who do not contribute are lame.Then why does IV have to post action items here ? Call senators,sign this and that petition etc.That too takes some work, you know.I am sure the volume of these people far outnumbers the paid members. The work that these people do, I am sure, also contributes to the cause in a significant way. And their effort too should be lauded instead of deriding them for not being a paid member etc. What is wrong if those people look for some update. There might be millions of reasons why a member hasn't been able to contribute or vist a rally.Dismissing them is never good for the cause

0 out of 1 members found this post helpful.
Old 12-10-2012, 11:20 AM
Donor
Priority Date
:
N/A
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
N/A
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
eastindia has a reputation beyond repute eastindia has a reputation beyond repute eastindia has a reputation beyond repute eastindia has a reputation beyond repute eastindia has a reputation beyond repute eastindia has a reputation beyond repute eastindia has a reputation beyond repute eastindia has a reputation beyond repute eastindia has a reputation beyond repute eastindia has a reputation beyond repute eastindia has a reputation beyond repute

Sidschaw I do not understand why you are sooooo desperate for updates on HR3012. You have been announcing in your old posts that it is dead. Then why? You also say you do not contribute , come for rally etc..... All you do is send email to a senator and now you want update? Why don't you send another email to your senator and ask for an update? That email is also free and if you get a reply it will be free too. And while we are at it there is a website called freedeals.com why don't you check it out and tell all your ROW friends. Maybe you guys can get update on the bill on that free deal website.

Old 12-10-2012, 11:30 AM
Priority Date
:
Sep-08
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
sids_chow is infamous around these parts sids_chow is infamous around these parts sids_chow is infamous around these parts sids_chow is infamous around these parts sids_chow is infamous around these parts sids_chow is infamous around these parts sids_chow is infamous around these parts sids_chow is infamous around these parts sids_chow is infamous around these parts sids_chow is infamous around these parts sids_chow is infamous around these parts
Default Update

No doubt with people like you around with no comprehension skills it was destined to fail anyways

0 out of 5 members found this post helpful.
Old 12-12-2012, 12:04 PM
Priority Date
:
Aug-03
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
sunny2007 has a reputation beyond repute sunny2007 has a reputation beyond repute sunny2007 has a reputation beyond repute sunny2007 has a reputation beyond repute sunny2007 has a reputation beyond repute sunny2007 has a reputation beyond repute sunny2007 has a reputation beyond repute sunny2007 has a reputation beyond repute sunny2007 has a reputation beyond repute sunny2007 has a reputation beyond repute sunny2007 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by dhakaldoo View Post
Yeah I very well know I am an IV member. When I refer to IV I mean the leaders. I thought you will get that.

My suggestion is clearly written above. there is nothing more that can be done publicly now. if there is any thing its being done behind the scene. Just wait and watch for now and have faith. Meanwhile still keep supporting IV and spread the word.

If for some bizzare reason 3012 does not pass this year (and I am sure it will pass) we have to gear up for next year and we need even more support for that.
7 more days left for H.R.3012.....I've to be honest, I gave up.

Facebook | Google+ | Twitter | Contribute | HR3012 Wiki

Info on Rally | Posters | Volunteers

2 out of 2 members found this post helpful.