Immigration Voice - Forums
Register Get Involved Contact Lawmakers Advocacy Discussion Image Image Image Image

Go Back   Immigration Voice > Immigration Voice Issues and Congressional updates > IV Agenda and Legislative Updates
Click to log in with Facebook
IV Agenda and Legislative Updates Immigration Voice's Agenda and Legislative Updates

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-14-2012, 12:44 PM
Priority Date
:
N/A
Category
:
N/A
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
N/A
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
greyhair has a reputation beyond repute greyhair has a reputation beyond repute greyhair has a reputation beyond repute greyhair has a reputation beyond repute greyhair has a reputation beyond repute greyhair has a reputation beyond repute greyhair has a reputation beyond repute greyhair has a reputation beyond repute greyhair has a reputation beyond repute greyhair has a reputation beyond repute greyhair has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by gram123 View Post
gfor_gc, obviously I'm not asking for strategy and specifics. Is the bill healthy? Do we foresee progress/success? That much will do. While I am okay with the lack of full transparency at this point for the reasons you mention, I a bit miffed at the utter silence. I'm happy that you are motivated to continue!
If the prospects of a bill passing the Congress is not enough to keep you motivated and engaged, then you need not visit this or any other immigration forums. No doctor told you that you have to or you must read updates. If someone is not sharing updates with you, seemingly for strategic reasons, it is unreasonable to say that someone is running away with contribution money. Calling somebody a thief is not going to push them to give you more information. If your digestion is affected by the lack of updates, then you should start your organization and go to Washington, then you will know everything going on.

Did you even read Irish newspapers? I saw that 2-3 different Irish groups were fighting to claim that their group was doing E-3 visas for Irish. Is it not possible that these groups are fighting with each other and just making statements in the press to claim credit? I take Irish E-3 media coverage with a grain of salt. For us, "Irish" is 1 person sitting in some room. Internally every group has many different forces working for/against each other. Just because they are making public statements it doesn't mean that they are doing something. Press statements is not always an indication of progress. But you just want to read something to quench your curiosity. If that is the case, I could do daily breaking news section just for you.

I have contributed in the past and for me, I will ask Core to not share any information unless it is helps the bill. My suspicion is that these are ROW people trying to find what's going on.
Bookmark and Share Compare Reply With Quote

3 out of 3 members found this post helpful.
Old 02-14-2012, 12:47 PM
Priority Date
:
Mar-05
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140
I485 Mailed Date
:
08/13/2007
Compare
howzatt has a reputation beyond repute howzatt has a reputation beyond repute howzatt has a reputation beyond repute howzatt has a reputation beyond repute howzatt has a reputation beyond repute howzatt has a reputation beyond repute howzatt has a reputation beyond repute howzatt has a reputation beyond repute howzatt has a reputation beyond repute howzatt has a reputation beyond repute howzatt has a reputation beyond repute

Now is not the time to start these debates, let's wait for the process to play out. Like someone mentioned the legislative process is not easy.

Would you like to have more updates? Would an email from Aman Kapoor be welcome? Absolutely!!! that would be really nice. But the reality is that we know there's things happening behind the scenes.

Nobody knows anything about the lobbying or the lack of funding or whatever. It's just a rumor in a well laid out post by someone.

The senate is busy hammering out the payroll tax cuts, so we should not expect anything this month. Let's keep spreading the word and work on the action items.

2 out of 2 members found this post helpful.
Old 02-14-2012, 12:53 PM
Priority Date
:
Mar-05
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140
I485 Mailed Date
:
08/13/2007
Compare
howzatt has a reputation beyond repute howzatt has a reputation beyond repute howzatt has a reputation beyond repute howzatt has a reputation beyond repute howzatt has a reputation beyond repute howzatt has a reputation beyond repute howzatt has a reputation beyond repute howzatt has a reputation beyond repute howzatt has a reputation beyond repute howzatt has a reputation beyond repute howzatt has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by greyhair View Post
If the prospects of a bill passing the Congress is not enough to keep you motivated and engaged, then you need not visit this or any other immigration forums. No doctor told you that you have to or you must read updates. If someone is not sharing updates with you, seemingly for strategic reasons, it is unreasonable to say that someone is running away with contribution money. Calling somebody a thief is not going to push them to give you more information. If your digestion is affected by the lack of updates, then you should start your organization and go to Washington, then you will know everything going on.

Did you even read Irish newspapers? I saw that 2-3 different Irish groups were fighting to claim that their group was doing E-3 visas for Irish. Is it not possible that these groups are fighting with each other and just making statements in the press to claim credit? I take Irish E-3 media coverage with a grain of salt. For us, "Irish" is 1 person sitting in some room. Internally every group has many different forces working for/against each other. Just because they are making public statements it doesn't mean that they are doing something. Press statements is not always an indication of progress. But you just want to read something to quench your curiosity. If that is the case, I could do daily breaking news section just for you.

I have contributed in the past and for me, I will ask Core to not share any information unless it is helps the bill. My suspicion is that these are ROW people trying to find what's going on.
Take it easy greyhair!

We all know how frustrating this green card journey is. I've no idea who gram123 is or what he represents but his concerns are valid. Is this the best time and place to express his concerns?I don't think so and I'm sure he realizes it now.

Happy Valentine's Day everyone!

Old 02-14-2012, 12:54 PM
Priority Date
:
Category
:
N/A
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
gram123 has a reputation beyond repute gram123 has a reputation beyond repute gram123 has a reputation beyond repute gram123 has a reputation beyond repute gram123 has a reputation beyond repute gram123 has a reputation beyond repute gram123 has a reputation beyond repute gram123 has a reputation beyond repute gram123 has a reputation beyond repute gram123 has a reputation beyond repute gram123 has a reputation beyond repute

Guys, I am not here to argue, nor am I here to look for regular 'updates'. But I said what I had to and please take it with the consideration that I am writing as someone who has invested time and effort towards this initiative. Yes, and I have read-up too.

And greyhair, feeling a bit schizophrenic this morning?

Old 02-14-2012, 01:01 PM
Priority Date
:
Apr-06
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
07/03/2006
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
06/28/2007
Compare
gumpena has a reputation beyond repute gumpena has a reputation beyond repute gumpena has a reputation beyond repute gumpena has a reputation beyond repute gumpena has a reputation beyond repute gumpena has a reputation beyond repute gumpena has a reputation beyond repute gumpena has a reputation beyond repute gumpena has a reputation beyond repute gumpena has a reputation beyond repute gumpena has a reputation beyond repute

If nothing happens today, then nothing happens in February..

0 out of 2 members found this post helpful.
Old 02-14-2012, 01:05 PM
Priority Date
:
Apr-03
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
04/17/2007
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
06/29/2007
Compare
vsrinir has a reputation beyond repute vsrinir has a reputation beyond repute vsrinir has a reputation beyond repute vsrinir has a reputation beyond repute vsrinir has a reputation beyond repute vsrinir has a reputation beyond repute vsrinir has a reputation beyond repute vsrinir has a reputation beyond repute vsrinir has a reputation beyond repute vsrinir has a reputation beyond repute vsrinir has a reputation beyond repute
Default Hope indefinitely

Hope indefinitely...years...years........

Old 02-14-2012, 01:21 PM
Priority Date
:
May-04
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
dts has a reputation beyond repute dts has a reputation beyond repute dts has a reputation beyond repute dts has a reputation beyond repute dts has a reputation beyond repute dts has a reputation beyond repute dts has a reputation beyond repute dts has a reputation beyond repute dts has a reputation beyond repute dts has a reputation beyond repute dts has a reputation beyond repute
Default HR3012 will pass. Be patient.

Guys,
HR3012 has tremendous support . House vote was proof. This is GOP bill and strongly suported by white house, House GOP leaders, president's advisor commitee.
It can not die due to one person prejudice or blockage.
However this is democracy and process has to overcome everyone in systematic way.

If you observe any discussion, even the most critics do not have answer about unfair GC system. They agree that some categories are unfairy or senslessly backlogged.

Alway anxiety are at peak at finish line. But need to keep patience, faith and positive thinking.

Please call atleast one new person to bring them on this issues, convince for contribution .
If everyone does this by heart, I am 100% sure, Bill will pass in near future ( again i can not guess time in days/weeks).

4 out of 4 members found this post helpful.
Old 02-14-2012, 01:28 PM
Priority Date
:
Category
:
N/A
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
floridasun has a reputation beyond repute floridasun has a reputation beyond repute floridasun has a reputation beyond repute floridasun has a reputation beyond repute floridasun has a reputation beyond repute floridasun has a reputation beyond repute floridasun has a reputation beyond repute floridasun has a reputation beyond repute floridasun has a reputation beyond repute floridasun has a reputation beyond repute floridasun has a reputation beyond repute
Thumbs up good one

Quote:
Originally Posted by vsrinir View Post
Hope indefinitely...years...years........
you pretty much summed up all of today's posts in one-line. we all are trying to discover ray of hope in hopeless blackhole of GC. every once in a while when some proposal or op-ed or bill shows up, we raise our hopes way too high. we then get disheartened and try to blame each other for the obvious outcome.

Old 02-14-2012, 01:28 PM
Super Moderator
Priority Date
:
Category
:
N/A
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
StarSun has a reputation beyond repute StarSun has a reputation beyond repute StarSun has a reputation beyond repute StarSun has a reputation beyond repute StarSun has a reputation beyond repute StarSun has a reputation beyond repute StarSun has a reputation beyond repute StarSun has a reputation beyond repute StarSun has a reputation beyond repute StarSun has a reputation beyond repute StarSun has a reputation beyond repute
Default IV's Efforts and Updates

IV Efforts:
IV working in the Senate on HR 3012 - Hear Dr. Puneet testify in the Senate Judiciary - Immigration Subcommittee - July 26, 2011. Aman, this organization's founder and a victim of the backlogs himself - sitting right there at the hearing.

IV is behind HR 3012 since its inception - Press Release from Rep. Jason Chaffetz - the sponsor of HR 3012 - Fairness for High Skilled Immigrants Act - Sept 23, 2011

IV is behind HR 3012 in its passage in the lower chamber of the Congress - Hear Rep. Chaffetz, the sponsor of the bill give credit to Immigration Voice on the floor of the US House of Representatives on Nov 29th, 2011

No regular updates were given to the IV members before the bill passed the House Judiciary - Immigration Subcommittee - but it passed overwhelmingly. After its passage, people suddenly wanted updates - believe me - you will loose interest in the updates if they were to be provided regularly - you are better of getting to hear the good news once rather than hear the bill was dead a 100 times - which is what happened!!!!!!!

IV Updates:
For anyone who wants updates - here it is:
HR 3012 passed the House on Nov 29th 2011 with overwhelming bipartisan support. The bill moved to the Senate and where Sen. Grassley of Iowa has put a hold on the bill on Nov 30th, 2011. Immigration Voice is working to get the bill passed in the Senate. Your support is needed to pass the bill, please follow through with all the action items listed, no matter how repetitive it seems to be.

Yes, as some troll mentioned - senate lobbying does need a lot of money - advocate for the changes that brings about fairness and helps you now - get the desired results - No per country limits in Employment Based Immigration System.

For everyone who wants regular updates: What are you really seeking?
The bill is progressing well - sit and relax
The bill is not fairing well - are you ready to do more? or are you going to just get stressed out? - its most likely the later.

Please be assured that IV is working on getting this bill to pass and become the law of the land.
202-386-6250
ivcoordinator@gmail.com
Money with active participation is far more powerful - please join your state chapters and meet with your lawmakers.

Last edited by StarSun; 02-14-2012 at 01:47 PM.

7 out of 7 members found this post helpful.
Old 02-14-2012, 01:38 PM
Donor
Priority Date
:
Jun-08
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
02/21/2013
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
hello has a reputation beyond repute hello has a reputation beyond repute hello has a reputation beyond repute hello has a reputation beyond repute hello has a reputation beyond repute hello has a reputation beyond repute hello has a reputation beyond repute hello has a reputation beyond repute hello has a reputation beyond repute hello has a reputation beyond repute hello has a reputation beyond repute
Thumbs up Everything will be ok

Quote:
Originally Posted by gram123 View Post
gfor_gc, obviously I'm not asking for strategy and specifics. Is the bill healthy? Do we foresee progress/success? That much will do. While I am okay with the lack of full transparency at this point for the reasons you mention, I a bit miffed at the utter silence. I'm happy that you are motivated to continue!
If IV is saying everything okay then its okay.Let's spread the world and involve more people and if you don't mind,pls put your timeline.
Thanks

1 out of 1 members found this post helpful.
Old 02-14-2012, 01:57 PM
Priority Date
:
Jul-06
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
07/01/2006
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
08/07/2007
Compare
amulchandra has a reputation beyond repute amulchandra has a reputation beyond repute amulchandra has a reputation beyond repute amulchandra has a reputation beyond repute amulchandra has a reputation beyond repute amulchandra has a reputation beyond repute amulchandra has a reputation beyond repute amulchandra has a reputation beyond repute amulchandra has a reputation beyond repute amulchandra has a reputation beyond repute amulchandra has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by StarSun View Post
IV Efforts:
IV working in the Senate on HR 3012 - Hear Dr. Puneet testify in the Senate Judiciary - Immigration Subcommittee - July 26, 2011. Aman, this organization's founder and a victim of the backlogs himself - sitting right there at the hearing.

IV is behind HR 3012 since its inception - Press Release from Rep. Jason Chaffetz - the sponsor of HR 3012 - Fairness for High Skilled Immigrants Act - Sept 23, 2011

IV is behind HR 3012 in its passage in the lower chamber of the Congress - Hear Rep. Chaffetz, the sponsor of the bill give credit to Immigration Voice on the floor of the US House of Representatives on Nov 29th, 2011

No regular updates were given to the IV members before the bill passed the House Judiciary - Immigration Subcommittee - but it passed overwhelmingly. After its passage, people suddenly wanted updates - believe me - you will loose interest in the updates if they were to be provided regularly - you are better of getting to hear the good news once rather than hear the bill was dead a 100 times - which is what happened!!!!!!!

IV Updates:
HR 3012 passed the House on Nov 29th 2011 with overwhelming bipartisan support. The bill moved to the Senate and where Sen. Grassley of Iowa has put a hold on the bill on Nov 30th, 2011. Immigration Voice is working to get the bill passed in the Senate. Your support is needed to pass the bill, please follow through with all the action items listed, no matter how repetitive it seems to be.

Yes, as some troll mentioned - senate lobbying does need a lot of money - advocate for the changes that brings about fairness and helps you now - get the desired results - No per country limits in Employment Based Immigration System.

The bill is not fairing well - are you ready to do more? or are you going to just get stressed out? - its most likely the later.

Please be assured that IV is working on getting this bill to pass and become the law of the land.
Thank you very much for your response

Amul

Old 02-14-2012, 02:19 PM
Priority Date
:
Category
:
N/A
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
gram123 has a reputation beyond repute gram123 has a reputation beyond repute gram123 has a reputation beyond repute gram123 has a reputation beyond repute gram123 has a reputation beyond repute gram123 has a reputation beyond repute gram123 has a reputation beyond repute gram123 has a reputation beyond repute gram123 has a reputation beyond repute gram123 has a reputation beyond repute gram123 has a reputation beyond repute

Hello, by timeline you mean the information on top reg priority date etc? I don't have any of those yet. But my spouse is EB-2 India with an early 2011 priority date. I'm about to graduate

Old 02-14-2012, 03:20 PM
Priority Date
:
Mar-04
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
allegator has a reputation beyond repute allegator has a reputation beyond repute allegator has a reputation beyond repute allegator has a reputation beyond repute allegator has a reputation beyond repute allegator has a reputation beyond repute allegator has a reputation beyond repute allegator has a reputation beyond repute allegator has a reputation beyond repute allegator has a reputation beyond repute allegator has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks, Its very encouraging. I did acition items several times. I delivered a peronal letter to Eric Cantor who is House representative member from my area through a republican friend of mine. I did receive nice letter from Eric Cantor after the passage of the bill.
I have been active supporter of HR3012 but there are few stupid memebrs who jump on you without veryfying the facts.

Thanks StarSun for posting this. It will encourage members to support more enthusiastically.

Quote:
Originally Posted by StarSun View Post
IV Efforts:

IV Updates:

Old 02-14-2012, 03:31 PM
Priority Date
:
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
MGajapathy has a reputation beyond repute MGajapathy has a reputation beyond repute MGajapathy has a reputation beyond repute MGajapathy has a reputation beyond repute MGajapathy has a reputation beyond repute MGajapathy has a reputation beyond repute MGajapathy has a reputation beyond repute MGajapathy has a reputation beyond repute MGajapathy has a reputation beyond repute MGajapathy has a reputation beyond repute MGajapathy has a reputation beyond repute
Default Hr3012

Contributed $100
Receipt Number: 0346-2026-9209-7699

2 out of 2 members found this post helpful.
Old 02-14-2012, 03:41 PM
Donor
Priority Date
:
Aug-08
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
12/30/2011
Compare
thomachan72 has a reputation beyond repute thomachan72 has a reputation beyond repute thomachan72 has a reputation beyond repute thomachan72 has a reputation beyond repute thomachan72 has a reputation beyond repute thomachan72 has a reputation beyond repute thomachan72 has a reputation beyond repute thomachan72 has a reputation beyond repute thomachan72 has a reputation beyond repute thomachan72 has a reputation beyond repute thomachan72 has a reputation beyond repute

It is quite understandable that members are getting more and more anxious about the bill. Its been sitting in the senate despite having been supported by IV and securing the best possible results in the house. My take about the whole situation is simply that there is only one thing I personally can do. That is to support what IV puts out as an action item. I have to drag myself to do it often but have been trying. The main thing I have been working on is talking to friends. Alternatively I could chose to sit and brood about the outcome but finally realized that is not going to help. I thought let others do it and realized that others were thinking the same, oooops!! Often as I lie down to sleep thoughts of pesimism flash across and I work hard to put them aside by saying to myself "Hey do what you can and then leave it up to the super power we all trust in". If it is for us it will happen but to increase the odds we certainly have to believe and work diligently towards the goal. Starting with doubts will get us nowhere but where we began the journey. Acknowledge the desire to scan for updates and realize that there is no real update that we wait for anxiously other than the word from IV that "Our bill is scheduled for voting and WILL pass with flying colors". Have faith