Immigration Voice - Forums
Register Get Involved Contact Lawmakers Advocacy Discussion Image Image Image Image

Go Back   Immigration Voice > Immigration Voice Issues and Congressional updates > IV Agenda and Legislative Updates
Click to log in with Facebook
IV Agenda and Legislative Updates Immigration Voice's Agenda and Legislative Updates

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-24-2012, 12:17 PM
Donor
Priority Date
:
Mar-03
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
03/05/2007
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
06/08/2007
Compare
seahawks has a reputation beyond repute seahawks has a reputation beyond repute seahawks has a reputation beyond repute seahawks has a reputation beyond repute seahawks has a reputation beyond repute seahawks has a reputation beyond repute seahawks has a reputation beyond repute seahawks has a reputation beyond repute seahawks has a reputation beyond repute seahawks has a reputation beyond repute seahawks has a reputation beyond repute

I am doing it once every 10 days or so, by using my judgement. I have gotten responses from Senators too, but I did not want to spam them every day.

The other action items are critical where you contact friends, families and posting flyers in building awareness and yes contributing and asking everyone else to contribute. I am interpreting the action items to be equally important. When more people start coming in, increasing awareness, contribution and contacting lawmakers, it makes IV's presence felt more and helps with the negotiating process. I am sure that is what IV core also is looking for us to do.

Old 02-24-2012, 03:37 PM
Priority Date
:
May-04
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
dts has a reputation beyond repute dts has a reputation beyond repute dts has a reputation beyond repute dts has a reputation beyond repute dts has a reputation beyond repute dts has a reputation beyond repute dts has a reputation beyond repute dts has a reputation beyond repute dts has a reputation beyond repute dts has a reputation beyond repute dts has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by thomachan72 View Post
This is another pick from the O law firm. We have to remember that there will be oppositions. That is the only reason we are having action items and asking everybody to join the fight by contributing/emailing etc. Yes there will be oppositions but our goals are clear and we will fight. IV leaders have assured us that the fight is going on pretty strong so dont loose heart over such news. Its ok to post such material here but dont get caught up with this. If the racer starts to think of fatigue while running what happens?? Lets just focus our full hearts to the goal and that is "seeing the message from IV that our bill has been put on the schedule and then the "pass" results". Its not a request to blind yourself from realities but rather a practical approach and introduction of clarity into your thought process. Its ok to read these negative news but take that with not a pich but a handful of salt!! What is the gurantee that the posts are true and if they are indeed true do we really know that the oposition is that strong "remember the huge victory in the house". All our mental energy should be focused on victory and only then we will win. Remember taking gruelling exams during college? Focus on victory and not likelihood of failure which is useless. As regular members its also our duty to inspire the IV leaders to continue the fight. If we behave as winers then where will their energy come from. We are all adults ( I hope!) so let us motivate each other even after we get the 3012 passed.

Yes. Let us focus on AI and get more friends on Action Items.. Call personally and explain to involve in contributions and AI. In the link about Irish E-3 , there is nothing negative for HR3012 core issues. Everyone including opponents have no strong arguments against HR3012 because that is truth.
TRUTH ALWAYS WINS. There is no doubt that this bill will become law of this land. Only thing we have to focus is to bring more people in it.
Bookmark and Share Compare Reply With Quote

Old 02-24-2012, 04:08 PM
Priority Date
:
Nov-06
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
07/12/2007
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140+I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/18/2007
Compare
gopalaj has a reputation beyond repute gopalaj has a reputation beyond repute gopalaj has a reputation beyond repute gopalaj has a reputation beyond repute gopalaj has a reputation beyond repute gopalaj has a reputation beyond repute gopalaj has a reputation beyond repute gopalaj has a reputation beyond repute gopalaj has a reputation beyond repute gopalaj has a reputation beyond repute gopalaj has a reputation beyond repute
Default done AI

Done AI for today

Old 02-24-2012, 05:38 PM
Priority Date
:
Dec-07
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
N/A
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
gk_2000 has a reputation beyond repute gk_2000 has a reputation beyond repute gk_2000 has a reputation beyond repute gk_2000 has a reputation beyond repute gk_2000 has a reputation beyond repute gk_2000 has a reputation beyond repute gk_2000 has a reputation beyond repute gk_2000 has a reputation beyond repute gk_2000 has a reputation beyond repute gk_2000 has a reputation beyond repute gk_2000 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by hello View Post
.....IV started an initiative in 2010,file I485 if PD is not current.We wanted 5000 folks but after running this campaign for almot a year we ended up with less than 2000 folks......
Simple question: whether such a survey was done before starting the 3012 initiative, or ANY OTHER? Sorry IV, I personally feel touched at a raw nerve whenever someone brings this up..

Old 02-24-2012, 06:57 PM
Administrator
Priority Date
:
Mar-06
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
05/06/2006
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
06/29/2007
Compare
pappu has a reputation beyond repute pappu has a reputation beyond repute pappu has a reputation beyond repute pappu has a reputation beyond repute pappu has a reputation beyond repute pappu has a reputation beyond repute pappu has a reputation beyond repute pappu has a reputation beyond repute pappu has a reputation beyond repute pappu has a reputation beyond repute pappu has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by seahawks View Post
I am doing it once every 10 days or so, by using my judgement. I have gotten responses from Senators too, but I did not want to spam them every day.

The other action items are critical where you contact friends, families and posting flyers in building awareness and yes contributing and asking everyone else to contribute. I am interpreting the action items to be equally important. When more people start coming in, increasing awareness, contribution and contacting lawmakers, it makes IV's presence felt more and helps with the negotiating process. I am sure that is what IV core also is looking for us to do.
That is correct. Please use your judgement. Do not spam. You can send after few days if you got a response. It also depends on what kind of response you are getting. If it a response saying the senator supports the bill and will vote for it, no need to write again. If you are getting automated response on general immigration or not giving enough information on the position, you could follow up by writing again and clarifying why this bill is important to us. Each case is unique so one has to use judgement. The important thing is to be persistent.

Facebook | YouTube | Twitter | Mailing List

===================
I do not give legal advice. You can pay and get it from Lawyers. Just show me some love and click the links above to help ImmigrationVoice any way you choose.
-----------

Last edited by pappu; 02-24-2012 at 06:59 PM.

1 out of 1 members found this post helpful.
Old 02-27-2012, 06:50 AM
Priority Date
:
Apr-03
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
04/17/2007
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
06/29/2007
Compare
vsrinir has a reputation beyond repute vsrinir has a reputation beyond repute vsrinir has a reputation beyond repute vsrinir has a reputation beyond repute vsrinir has a reputation beyond repute vsrinir has a reputation beyond repute vsrinir has a reputation beyond repute vsrinir has a reputation beyond repute vsrinir has a reputation beyond repute vsrinir has a reputation beyond repute vsrinir has a reputation beyond repute
Default Done AI Today

Done AI Today...Hoping on this week to know the future of hard working tax payers for the better american economy...

Old 02-28-2012, 12:27 AM
Priority Date
:
Feb-05
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
I-140
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
dipdowndust has a reputation beyond repute dipdowndust has a reputation beyond repute dipdowndust has a reputation beyond repute dipdowndust has a reputation beyond repute dipdowndust has a reputation beyond repute dipdowndust has a reputation beyond repute dipdowndust has a reputation beyond repute dipdowndust has a reputation beyond repute dipdowndust has a reputation beyond repute dipdowndust has a reputation beyond repute dipdowndust has a reputation beyond repute
Default Done AI for today

Donation of 100$ Your receipt number for this payment is: 1273-9824-7108-3870.

2 out of 2 members found this post helpful.
Old 02-28-2012, 06:20 AM
Priority Date
:
Apr-03
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
04/17/2007
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
06/29/2007
Compare
vsrinir has a reputation beyond repute vsrinir has a reputation beyond repute vsrinir has a reputation beyond repute vsrinir has a reputation beyond repute vsrinir has a reputation beyond repute vsrinir has a reputation beyond repute vsrinir has a reputation beyond repute vsrinir has a reputation beyond repute vsrinir has a reputation beyond repute vsrinir has a reputation beyond repute vsrinir has a reputation beyond repute
Default Completed AI Today

Completed AI Today

Old 02-28-2012, 09:36 AM
Priority Date
:
Dec-04
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
06/01/2007
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
06/30/2007
Compare
Suva has a reputation beyond repute Suva has a reputation beyond repute Suva has a reputation beyond repute Suva has a reputation beyond repute Suva has a reputation beyond repute Suva has a reputation beyond repute Suva has a reputation beyond repute Suva has a reputation beyond repute Suva has a reputation beyond repute Suva has a reputation beyond repute Suva has a reputation beyond repute

Done AI today.

Old 02-28-2012, 11:27 AM
Priority Date
:
Nov-03
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
praskar has a reputation beyond repute praskar has a reputation beyond repute praskar has a reputation beyond repute praskar has a reputation beyond repute praskar has a reputation beyond repute praskar has a reputation beyond repute praskar has a reputation beyond repute praskar has a reputation beyond repute praskar has a reputation beyond repute praskar has a reputation beyond repute praskar has a reputation beyond repute

Completed Action items for today - did the necessary emails and "liked" the pages. I say at this point guys, venting out our frustration isn't going to help. Let's continue to do the AI that Pappy specified and pray for the best.

Remember, we are not being held captive in the US so for those who feel that the frustration and tension is getting to them, you are always free to move back to your own country and live without tension.

Old 02-28-2012, 11:50 AM
Priority Date
:
Jun-04
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
07/26/2007
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
psychedelicNerd has a reputation beyond repute psychedelicNerd has a reputation beyond repute psychedelicNerd has a reputation beyond repute psychedelicNerd has a reputation beyond repute psychedelicNerd has a reputation beyond repute psychedelicNerd has a reputation beyond repute psychedelicNerd has a reputation beyond repute psychedelicNerd has a reputation beyond repute psychedelicNerd has a reputation beyond repute psychedelicNerd has a reputation beyond repute psychedelicNerd has a reputation beyond repute
Thumbs up Persistence is the key.

Quote:
Originally Posted by praskar View Post
Completed Action items for today - did the necessary emails and "liked" the pages. I say at this point guys, venting out our frustration isn't going to help. Let's continue to do the AI that Pappy specified and pray for the best.

Remember, we are not being held captive in the US so for those who feel that the frustration and tension is getting to them, you are always free to move back to your own country and live without tension.
Wish it was that easy. The tension and frustration is justified for all of us. And we are not demanding GC in hand. We are just demanding the wait to be fair. As for the poster who asked whether asking Grassley to remove the hold is practical, well, I am sure the method being pursued is being pursued with persistence and with the efficiency as IV and the lobbyists supporting the bill see fit. There is no stated "practical" way of doing it. It's a political situation and should be (probably is) being handled diligence and persistence.

Let's hope for the best. I hope H.R. 3012 becomes a law soon. God willing it will.

Old 02-28-2012, 12:09 PM
Priority Date
:
Dec-03
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
01/03/2006
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
06/29/2007
Compare
neel_gump has a reputation beyond repute neel_gump has a reputation beyond repute neel_gump has a reputation beyond repute neel_gump has a reputation beyond repute neel_gump has a reputation beyond repute neel_gump has a reputation beyond repute neel_gump has a reputation beyond repute neel_gump has a reputation beyond repute neel_gump has a reputation beyond repute neel_gump has a reputation beyond repute neel_gump has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by DallasBlue View Post
HR3012 is to end inequality , restore equality and stop discrimination based on the nationality of origin for skill based employment visas.
Super LIKE!!! I gave you a green for this BOLD statement

EB3 India - PD Dec 2003; I-140 AD Mar 2006; I-485 RD Jul 2007; FP done on 09/24/2007
Attended September 18th 2007 DC Rally
Made $300 contribution until now

Old 02-28-2012, 01:07 PM
Priority Date
:
Nov-03
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
praskar has a reputation beyond repute praskar has a reputation beyond repute praskar has a reputation beyond repute praskar has a reputation beyond repute praskar has a reputation beyond repute praskar has a reputation beyond repute praskar has a reputation beyond repute praskar has a reputation beyond repute praskar has a reputation beyond repute praskar has a reputation beyond repute praskar has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by psychedelicNerd View Post
Wish it was that easy. The tension and frustration is justified for all of us. And we are not demanding GC in hand. We are just demanding the wait to be fair. As for the poster who asked whether asking Grassley to remove the hold is practical, well, I am sure the method being pursued is being pursued with persistence and with the efficiency as IV and the lobbyists supporting the bill see fit. There is no stated "practical" way of doing it. It's a political situation and should be (probably is) being handled diligence and persistence.

Let's hope for the best. I hope H.R. 3012 becomes a law soon. God willing it will.
Oh I agree with everything you say. Just that, I don't think we should let this 3012 totally consume our thoughts and we put all our eggs in this one basket. I'm confident it will pass, but as we can see, it's taking a lot of time.

Old 02-28-2012, 03:02 PM
Priority Date
:
Jun-04
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
07/26/2007
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
psychedelicNerd has a reputation beyond repute psychedelicNerd has a reputation beyond repute psychedelicNerd has a reputation beyond repute psychedelicNerd has a reputation beyond repute psychedelicNerd has a reputation beyond repute psychedelicNerd has a reputation beyond repute psychedelicNerd has a reputation beyond repute psychedelicNerd has a reputation beyond repute psychedelicNerd has a reputation beyond repute psychedelicNerd has a reputation beyond repute psychedelicNerd has a reputation beyond repute
Question List of senators supporting H.R.3012

I do not know if this should be confidential or public information. I keep reading on various sites that such and such senators showed support for such and such bill. Is there a list of senators anywhere that currently have shown support for H.R. 3012? Ignore my message if this is something that should not be discussed openly or brought out loud in the open forums. I was just curious.

Old 02-28-2012, 04:12 PM
Priority Date
:
May-07
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
08/10/2007
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
01/20/2012
Compare
vdlrao has a reputation beyond repute vdlrao has a reputation beyond repute vdlrao has a reputation beyond repute vdlrao has a reputation beyond repute vdlrao has a reputation beyond repute vdlrao has a reputation beyond repute vdlrao has a reputation beyond repute vdlrao has a reputation beyond repute vdlrao has a reputation beyond repute vdlrao has a reputation beyond repute vdlrao has a reputation beyond repute

Iowa senator's 'hold' endangering Startup Visa Act - Omaha.com