Immigration Voice - Forums
Register Get Involved Contact Lawmakers Advocacy Discussion Image Image Image Image

Go Back   Immigration Voice > Immigration Voice Issues and Congressional updates > IV Agenda and Legislative Updates
Click to log in with Facebook
IV Agenda and Legislative Updates Immigration Voice's Agenda and Legislative Updates

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-24-2012, 08:43 AM
Priority Date
:
Dec-04
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
spven has a reputation beyond repute spven has a reputation beyond repute spven has a reputation beyond repute spven has a reputation beyond repute spven has a reputation beyond repute spven has a reputation beyond repute spven has a reputation beyond repute spven has a reputation beyond repute spven has a reputation beyond repute spven has a reputation beyond repute spven has a reputation beyond repute
Default E3

E2 will flyby irrespective of 3012. E3 wil not unless there is a standalone E3 bill comes from house. Standalone E3 in senate was now added to 3012. We will swim or sink with E3. Schumer & Brown very well know that E3 has to be clubbed with 3012 since they dont know how much support it has in the house. Give it a few more weeks, things will be clear.
Bookmark and Share Compare Reply With Quote

1 out of 1 members found this post helpful.
Old 03-25-2012, 09:34 AM
Priority Date
:
May-10
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
bibliophile2020 has a reputation beyond repute bibliophile2020 has a reputation beyond repute bibliophile2020 has a reputation beyond repute bibliophile2020 has a reputation beyond repute bibliophile2020 has a reputation beyond repute bibliophile2020 has a reputation beyond repute bibliophile2020 has a reputation beyond repute bibliophile2020 has a reputation beyond repute bibliophile2020 has a reputation beyond repute bibliophile2020 has a reputation beyond repute bibliophile2020 has a reputation beyond repute

Done AI, Go HR 3012!

Old 03-25-2012, 11:17 PM
Donor
Priority Date
:
Oct-04
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
03/31/2006
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140+I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/22/2007
Compare
dpuranik has much to be proud of dpuranik has much to be proud of dpuranik has much to be proud of dpuranik has much to be proud of dpuranik has much to be proud of dpuranik has much to be proud of dpuranik has much to be proud of dpuranik has much to be proud of
Default Why not HR3012

US senator working on bill to allow more visas to Indians

Old 03-26-2012, 12:56 AM
Priority Date
:
Aug-05
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
09/27/2005
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
08/13/2007
Compare
lost_in_migration has a reputation beyond repute lost_in_migration has a reputation beyond repute lost_in_migration has a reputation beyond repute lost_in_migration has a reputation beyond repute lost_in_migration has a reputation beyond repute lost_in_migration has a reputation beyond repute lost_in_migration has a reputation beyond repute lost_in_migration has a reputation beyond repute lost_in_migration has a reputation beyond repute lost_in_migration has a reputation beyond repute lost_in_migration has a reputation beyond repute
Thumbs up It is HR3012

Indian IT industry would have asked Sant Singh Chatwal to talk to Sentors for more H1/L1 visas. They don't care much about HR3012. But Schumer is indeed referring to HR 3012 in the following quote from the article. Sant Singh Chatwal who is oblivious about HR 3012 may have thought that they were referring to H1/L1

In context of what is happening right now, the whole article seems so out-of-place Earlier Sen. Reid's said that he won't allow any other immigration bills w/o DREAM Act, and now Schumer is saying that Reid will get it passed very fast.
Thanks for posting the article.

Quote:
"I am working to try and change the immigration laws so more Indians can come (to the US). One of the things that Harry and I care a lot about is changing the visas. So more Indians can come here to travel," Schumer told PTI after the meeting.

"the visa laws are a little bit too restrictive so we are working on a bipartisan bill. Harry Reid is going to try to help us get it passed very fast."
Quote:
Originally Posted by dpuranik View Post
Attended the 18th Sep rally in DC.
Sent Letters to White House and phone calls to congressmen.
Completed all action items for HR 3012 & requested friends as well.

Old 03-26-2012, 01:52 AM
Priority Date
:
Oct-06
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
reflash78 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by lost_in_migration View Post
Indian IT industry would have asked Sant Singh Chatwal to talk to Sentors for more H1/L1 visas. They don't care much about HR3012. But Schumer is indeed referring to HR 3012 in the following quote from the article. Sant Singh Chatwal who is oblivious about HR 3012 may have thought that they were referring to H1/L1

In context of what is happening right now, the whole article seems so out-of-place Earlier Sen. Reid's said that he won't allow any other immigration bills w/o DREAM Act, and now Schumer is saying that Reid will get it passed very fast.
Thanks for posting the article.
they might be working for a new bill regarding L1/H1, not 3012, from the context itself.

Old 03-26-2012, 02:28 AM
Priority Date
:
N/A
Category
:
N/A
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
N/A
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
greyhair has a reputation beyond repute greyhair has a reputation beyond repute greyhair has a reputation beyond repute greyhair has a reputation beyond repute greyhair has a reputation beyond repute greyhair has a reputation beyond repute greyhair has a reputation beyond repute greyhair has a reputation beyond repute greyhair has a reputation beyond repute greyhair has a reputation beyond repute greyhair has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by gfor_gc View Post
Reality is, nobody knows what is happening with this bill except IV core. If it is a bill that needs to pass, it will pass. We have done our little part. I am sure IV won't drop the bill so easily after spending enormous effort ( money, lobbying and time) on the bill.

Let us pray and hope for the best.
Quote:
Originally Posted by reflash78 View Post
they might be working for a new bill regarding L1/H1, not 3012, from the context itself.

This is a self serving meaningless article, could possibly be paid for by Chatwal. Its only goal is to show that Chatwal is "so powerful" that he can get more visas for Indians, which is not going to happen. The real world is far from this myth. Most likely Senator Reid and Schumer went to a fund raiser where other IT shop owners were present. Senators - The wizard of the words - said things in a politically correct language. But Chatwal and others IT shop owners (most not very highly qualified) only heard what they wanted to hear. And ever unreliable PTI, as always filed a false/factually incorrect report with the headlines - "more H1/L1" visas. Fundraisers like Chatwal raise money from IT shop owners on a promise to get something in return. So these people have a need for this misinformation.

Senator Reid and Schumer said more visas for travel. But for these guys there is only 1 kind of visa - H1/L1. Green cards are also visas but how would these guys and reporters at PTI know? IT shop guys don't make money from green cards and Chatwal can't collect money/raise funds for green cards. So they just wanted to hear "more visas" = more H1s/L1s.

Often out of context and pandering Indian print media is unreliable. Senator Reid and Schumer were trying to say that "more Indians can come here to travel" and "wants more Indians coming to America and spending in the economy" and "Mr Reid said he would also like Indians to visit Las Vegas for business". All this means more visitors visas and it makes sense, see below-

US visa norms ease for Indian tourists, students - Times Of India

AND - "we are working on a bipartisan bill. Harry Reid is going to try to help us get it passed very fast" probably refers to HR3012.

But PTI/NDTV, possibly pushed by Chatwal, changed the subject and entire meaning of the conversation to wrongly imply "more H1/L1s for Indians", which is not going to happen, understandably for the right reasons.

H1 numbers should not be increased and L1 must to be put to check. I work for Accenture and there are just too many L1s, most of whom are not treated fairly.

Old 03-26-2012, 06:38 AM
Priority Date
:
Apr-03
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
04/17/2007
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
06/29/2007
Compare
vsrinir has a reputation beyond repute vsrinir has a reputation beyond repute vsrinir has a reputation beyond repute vsrinir has a reputation beyond repute vsrinir has a reputation beyond repute vsrinir has a reputation beyond repute vsrinir has a reputation beyond repute vsrinir has a reputation beyond repute vsrinir has a reputation beyond repute vsrinir has a reputation beyond repute vsrinir has a reputation beyond repute
Default Done AI Today

Done AI Today

Old 03-26-2012, 10:49 AM
Priority Date
:
Aug-05
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
09/27/2005
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
08/13/2007
Compare
lost_in_migration has a reputation beyond repute lost_in_migration has a reputation beyond repute lost_in_migration has a reputation beyond repute lost_in_migration has a reputation beyond repute lost_in_migration has a reputation beyond repute lost_in_migration has a reputation beyond repute lost_in_migration has a reputation beyond repute lost_in_migration has a reputation beyond repute lost_in_migration has a reputation beyond repute lost_in_migration has a reputation beyond repute lost_in_migration has a reputation beyond repute
Thumbs up

Very nicely summarized

Quote:
Originally Posted by greyhair View Post
This is a self serving meaningless article, could possibly be paid for by Chatwal. Its only goal is to show that Chatwal is "so powerful" that he can get more visas for Indians, which is not going to happen. ....
Attended the 18th Sep rally in DC.
Sent Letters to White House and phone calls to congressmen.
Completed all action items for HR 3012 & requested friends as well.

Old 03-26-2012, 11:00 AM
Priority Date
:
Dec-04
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
spven has a reputation beyond repute spven has a reputation beyond repute spven has a reputation beyond repute spven has a reputation beyond repute spven has a reputation beyond repute spven has a reputation beyond repute spven has a reputation beyond repute spven has a reputation beyond repute spven has a reputation beyond repute spven has a reputation beyond repute spven has a reputation beyond repute
Default Grassley

See the link for Sen Grassley's opinion on H1B. Atleast he isnt talking about 3012...
Restore integrity of U.S. visa system in order to give graduates more jobs - The Daily Iowan

Old 03-26-2012, 11:39 AM
Priority Date
:
Aug-06
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
10/01/2007
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/30/2007
Compare
psaxena has a reputation beyond repute psaxena has a reputation beyond repute psaxena has a reputation beyond repute psaxena has a reputation beyond repute psaxena has a reputation beyond repute psaxena has a reputation beyond repute psaxena has a reputation beyond repute psaxena has a reputation beyond repute psaxena has a reputation beyond repute psaxena has a reputation beyond repute psaxena has a reputation beyond repute

Old news.

Support HR-3012 and Support Fairness!

Facebook | Google+ | Twitter | Contribute | HR3012 Wiki

Info on Rally | Accommodation | Air Miles | Carpool | Merchandize | Posters | Volunteers

--------------------------
Result for psaxena:
Your position is 53193 in the Green Card Queue based on your Country of Chargeability "India", Priority Date "Aug-06" and Category "EB3" .
Your Expected Date of Adjudication is Sep, 2028.

Old 03-26-2012, 05:45 PM
Priority Date
:
Feb-06
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
njverifier has a reputation beyond repute njverifier has a reputation beyond repute njverifier has a reputation beyond repute njverifier has a reputation beyond repute njverifier has a reputation beyond repute njverifier has a reputation beyond repute njverifier has a reputation beyond repute njverifier has a reputation beyond repute njverifier has a reputation beyond repute njverifier has a reputation beyond repute njverifier has a reputation beyond repute

Ithna sannata kyon hai bhai???

Old 03-26-2012, 08:07 PM
Priority Date
:
Category
:
N/A
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
shining has much to be proud of shining has much to be proud of shining has much to be proud of shining has much to be proud of shining has much to be proud of shining has much to be proud of shining has much to be proud of shining has much to be proud of shining has much to be proud of shining has much to be proud of
Default Calm before the storm . . .

Lull before the storm --- I guess

Quote:
Originally Posted by njverifier View Post
Ithna sannata kyon hai bhai???

Old 03-26-2012, 09:17 PM
Priority Date
:
Dec-04
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
Default Oil Subsidies

Looks like nothing for next 2 days as they will be doing political posturing for next 2 days discussing a bill that has no chance of passage, third time in the last one year. This is insane, it is something to consider postal reform or another bill that deals on jobs or deficit. This is politicians at their best anywhere in the world

Old 03-27-2012, 01:33 AM
Donor
Priority Date
:
Aug-04
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140+I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
skrish has a reputation beyond repute skrish has a reputation beyond repute skrish has a reputation beyond repute skrish has a reputation beyond repute skrish has a reputation beyond repute skrish has a reputation beyond repute skrish has a reputation beyond repute skrish has a reputation beyond repute skrish has a reputation beyond repute skrish has a reputation beyond repute skrish has a reputation beyond repute

Could be Lull after the storm too

Old 03-27-2012, 01:56 AM
Priority Date
:
Dec-07
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
N/A
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
gk_2000 has a reputation beyond repute gk_2000 has a reputation beyond repute gk_2000 has a reputation beyond repute gk_2000 has a reputation beyond repute gk_2000 has a reputation beyond repute gk_2000 has a reputation beyond repute gk_2000 has a reputation beyond repute gk_2000 has a reputation beyond repute gk_2000 has a reputation beyond repute gk_2000 has a reputation beyond repute gk_2000 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by skrish View Post
Could be Lull after the storm too
It's 12 AM here and you bump this thread to write this &*^*# ? Go to bed!