Immigration Voice - Forums
Register Get Involved Contact Lawmakers Advocacy Discussion Image Image Image Image

Go Back   Immigration Voice > Immigration Voice Issues and Congressional updates > IV Agenda and Legislative Updates
Click to log in with Facebook
IV Agenda and Legislative Updates Immigration Voice's Agenda and Legislative Updates

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-06-2012, 08:50 AM
Priority Date
:
Dec-03
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
06/30/2007
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140+I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
06/30/2007
Compare
Gravitation has a reputation beyond repute Gravitation has a reputation beyond repute Gravitation has a reputation beyond repute Gravitation has a reputation beyond repute Gravitation has a reputation beyond repute Gravitation has a reputation beyond repute Gravitation has a reputation beyond repute Gravitation has a reputation beyond repute Gravitation has a reputation beyond repute Gravitation has a reputation beyond repute Gravitation has a reputation beyond repute

I'll call Sen. Grassley directly when I get a break in the afternoon... will report here.
Bookmark and Share Compare Reply With Quote

Old 06-06-2012, 08:55 AM
Priority Date
:
Dec-03
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
06/30/2007
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140+I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
06/30/2007
Compare
Gravitation has a reputation beyond repute Gravitation has a reputation beyond repute Gravitation has a reputation beyond repute Gravitation has a reputation beyond repute Gravitation has a reputation beyond repute Gravitation has a reputation beyond repute Gravitation has a reputation beyond repute Gravitation has a reputation beyond repute Gravitation has a reputation beyond repute Gravitation has a reputation beyond repute Gravitation has a reputation beyond repute

I just called Senator Grassley's DC office and spoke to an aid. I was told that the news report was faulty and the hold is still in place.

Let this rumor come to the rest.

Somebody please contact the report and inform her/him of the error.

Old 06-06-2012, 09:23 AM
Priority Date
:
Oct-03
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
07/20/2007
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/20/2007
Compare
sanju_dba has a reputation beyond repute sanju_dba has a reputation beyond repute sanju_dba has a reputation beyond repute sanju_dba has a reputation beyond repute sanju_dba has a reputation beyond repute sanju_dba has a reputation beyond repute sanju_dba has a reputation beyond repute sanju_dba has a reputation beyond repute sanju_dba has a reputation beyond repute sanju_dba has a reputation beyond repute sanju_dba has a reputation beyond repute

So, lets say the hold has been removed, what next?
moves further for cloture voting? dont know what that will happen.

Old 06-06-2012, 09:28 AM
Priority Date
:
Nov-03
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/23/2007
Compare
gc_check has a reputation beyond repute gc_check has a reputation beyond repute gc_check has a reputation beyond repute gc_check has a reputation beyond repute gc_check has a reputation beyond repute gc_check has a reputation beyond repute gc_check has a reputation beyond repute gc_check has a reputation beyond repute gc_check has a reputation beyond repute gc_check has a reputation beyond repute gc_check has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by anne_suresh View Post
Is it true that Sen. Grassley lifted his hold on HR 3012? I read it in OH Law Firm website. But it says that it is an unconfirmed report.
The referred law firm website/blog does report some good info, but most of them, if not all are information that originates from AILA communications / email /update or from web searches on the topics that are of greater interest for the audience he is interested to gain popularity. Might helps him get more clients. The below quoted article appears to be caused confusion, but only thing at least derived is interested parties for and against are focusing on this and the bill could end up for a yea/na vote at some time. In spite of an hold, the bill could still hit the floor.

The Politico Article
[quote=/ww.politico.com]
Grassley only recently lifted a hold on a bill by Rep. Jason Chaffetz (R-Utah) that would eliminate the employment-based per-country visa cap. A spokesperson for Grassley said the senator “supports legal immigration opportunities and works for measures to prevent fraud in immigration programs.”

[quote]

Old 06-06-2012, 09:37 AM
Banned
Priority Date
:
Category
:
N/A
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
sanju22577 has much to be proud of sanju22577 has much to be proud of sanju22577 has much to be proud of sanju22577 has much to be proud of sanju22577 has much to be proud of sanju22577 has much to be proud of sanju22577 has much to be proud of sanju22577 has much to be proud of sanju22577 has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gravitation View Post
I just called Senator Grassley's DC office and spoke to an aid. I was told that the news report was faulty and the hold is still in place.

what somebody ? u already called Grassely's office. and understand fault of report. then u can call the Reporter same way with same curiosity , and notice this error.
:

0 out of 1 members found this post helpful.
Old 06-06-2012, 09:48 AM
Priority Date
:
Dec-03
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
06/30/2007
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140+I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
06/30/2007
Compare

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gravitation View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by sanju22577 View Post
what somebody ? u already called Grassely's office. and understand fault of report. then u can call the Reporter same way with same curiosity , and notice this error.
:
My primary focus was on the finding the truth behind the report, which I did. We can share the tasks. If you're too lazy to do something, at least don't make immature posts. If you're looking for a flame war... I shall be very happy to give you one and put you in your place.

1 out of 4 members found this post helpful.
Old 06-06-2012, 10:22 AM
Priority Date
:
Sep-07
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
giri26 has a reputation beyond repute giri26 has a reputation beyond repute giri26 has a reputation beyond repute giri26 has a reputation beyond repute giri26 has a reputation beyond repute giri26 has a reputation beyond repute giri26 has a reputation beyond repute giri26 has a reputation beyond repute giri26 has a reputation beyond repute giri26 has a reputation beyond repute giri26 has a reputation beyond repute

Thats a great news if that is true. Hopefully the bill will come for voting soon.

1 out of 1 members found this post helpful.
Old 06-06-2012, 10:24 AM
Priority Date
:
Mar-10
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
arun_ramani has a reputation beyond repute arun_ramani has a reputation beyond repute arun_ramani has a reputation beyond repute arun_ramani has a reputation beyond repute arun_ramani has a reputation beyond repute arun_ramani has a reputation beyond repute arun_ramani has a reputation beyond repute arun_ramani has a reputation beyond repute arun_ramani has a reputation beyond repute arun_ramani has a reputation beyond repute arun_ramani has a reputation beyond repute

I would love to see Aman and IV Core with the president when the bill is signed to law.

Old 06-06-2012, 10:26 AM
Priority Date
:
Oct-04
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
02/12/2005
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/24/2007
Compare
ajaysri has a reputation beyond repute ajaysri has a reputation beyond repute ajaysri has a reputation beyond repute ajaysri has a reputation beyond repute ajaysri has a reputation beyond repute ajaysri has a reputation beyond repute ajaysri has a reputation beyond repute ajaysri has a reputation beyond repute ajaysri has a reputation beyond repute ajaysri has a reputation beyond repute ajaysri has a reputation beyond repute

Is lifting the hold on startup act same as lifting it on hr3012 ?

Ajaysri

Old 06-06-2012, 11:12 AM
Priority Date
:
Jul-10
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
02/15/2011
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
I-140
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
sagar8880 will become famous soon enough sagar8880 will become famous soon enough

Hope this news is true and passes Senate smoothly.

Old 06-06-2012, 11:47 AM
Donor
Priority Date
:
Nov-10
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
Labor Certification
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
dhakaldoo has a reputation beyond repute dhakaldoo has a reputation beyond repute dhakaldoo has a reputation beyond repute dhakaldoo has a reputation beyond repute dhakaldoo has a reputation beyond repute dhakaldoo has a reputation beyond repute dhakaldoo has a reputation beyond repute dhakaldoo has a reputation beyond repute dhakaldoo has a reputation beyond repute dhakaldoo has a reputation beyond repute dhakaldoo has a reputation beyond repute
Default The hold is still on :(

Quote:
Originally Posted by sagar8880 View Post
Hope this news is true and passes Senate smoothly.

Nop. I dont think its true.

I called Grassley's Office and when I mentioned HR 3012 she immediately said, " there is still a hold on it"

Really sorry for the bad news.

We can only hope that the lady didnt know!

Old 06-06-2012, 12:04 PM
Priority Date
:
Jul-03
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
12/11/2005
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/15/2007
Compare
abandookwala63 is just really nice abandookwala63 is just really nice abandookwala63 is just really nice abandookwala63 is just really nice abandookwala63 is just really nice

I called the Senator Grassley office and HOLD is still there.

Old 06-06-2012, 12:23 PM
Priority Date
:
Category
:
N/A
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
iv_gc has a reputation beyond repute iv_gc has a reputation beyond repute iv_gc has a reputation beyond repute iv_gc has a reputation beyond repute iv_gc has a reputation beyond repute iv_gc has a reputation beyond repute iv_gc has a reputation beyond repute iv_gc has a reputation beyond repute iv_gc has a reputation beyond repute iv_gc has a reputation beyond repute iv_gc has a reputation beyond repute

Guys, i believe the news of of Senator Grassley lifing the hold is true. When you call the Senator's office, his staff will only tell you the confirmed news, they can't tell you anything which is not officially released.

Some immigration attorney should be able to get information because of their connections and their name.

Use you common sense before making the calls. I see lot of people are making calls.

2 out of 2 members found this post helpful.
Old 06-06-2012, 12:34 PM
Priority Date
:
May-10
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
bibliophile2020 has a reputation beyond repute bibliophile2020 has a reputation beyond repute bibliophile2020 has a reputation beyond repute bibliophile2020 has a reputation beyond repute bibliophile2020 has a reputation beyond repute bibliophile2020 has a reputation beyond repute bibliophile2020 has a reputation beyond repute bibliophile2020 has a reputation beyond repute bibliophile2020 has a reputation beyond repute bibliophile2020 has a reputation beyond repute bibliophile2020 has a reputation beyond repute
Angry

I am going to ask my MLA and MP to give him a call.

2 out of 2 members found this post helpful.
Old 06-06-2012, 12:36 PM
Donor
Priority Date
:
Nov-10
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
Labor Certification
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
dhakaldoo has a reputation beyond repute dhakaldoo has a reputation beyond repute dhakaldoo has a reputation beyond repute dhakaldoo has a reputation beyond repute dhakaldoo has a reputation beyond repute dhakaldoo has a reputation beyond repute dhakaldoo has a reputation beyond repute dhakaldoo has a reputation beyond repute dhakaldoo has a reputation beyond repute dhakaldoo has a reputation beyond repute dhakaldoo has a reputation beyond repute
Default Agree.

Agree completely.
I called in the excitement of the moment. But shouldn't have! lets wait for confirmation from IV.

Quote:
Originally Posted by iv_gc View Post
Guys, i believe the news of of Senator Grassley lifing the hold is true. When you call the Senator's office, his staff will only tell you the confirmed news, they can't tell you anything which is not officially released.

Some immigration attorney should be able to get information because of their connections and their name.

Use you common sense before making the calls. I see lot of people are making calls.