Immigration Voice - Forums
Register Get Involved Contact Lawmakers Advocacy Discussion Image Image Image Image

Go Back   Immigration Voice > Immigration Voice Issues and Congressional updates > IV Agenda and Legislative Updates
Click to log in with Facebook
IV Agenda and Legislative Updates Immigration Voice's Agenda and Legislative Updates

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-08-2012, 12:13 PM
Donor
Priority Date
:
Oct-06
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
02/10/2008
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
N/A
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
starscream has a reputation beyond repute starscream has a reputation beyond repute starscream has a reputation beyond repute starscream has a reputation beyond repute starscream has a reputation beyond repute starscream has a reputation beyond repute starscream has a reputation beyond repute starscream has a reputation beyond repute starscream has a reputation beyond repute starscream has a reputation beyond repute starscream has a reputation beyond repute

Humble request to all:

Please let us not chop the tree branch we are standing on by starting random campaigns

To member GCTorture,

Dude , I totally totally understand your frustration..we r all in the same boat - Don't know if you were part from the time before the bill was even introduced in House Judciary Commitee - at that time IV had forumalted a call campaign to House Jud Commitee members it was a success because it was a coordinated effort , there were suggestions of phone campaigns after that as there was a 1 month gap between the bill passing the commitee and coming to house vote but IV said it is not required , the bill still passed the house, after the hold it bypassed the Sen. Judiciary commitee ...my point is any campaign should be a informed campaign to have the necessary effect and this 'information/knowledge' comes from IV advocacy activity..if done randomly it will backfire as legislators wil get annoyed ..the last thing we want to know is annoy them...and personally I don't think the Senator is going to be swayed by flowers...
The highlights in bold below are the 2 reasons we should not start flower or any campaign as we could be scoring a self goal

Originally Posted by GCTorture
I don't agree. It worked in 2007. On top of it, flowers have the capacity to make somebody melt. It is ok, if the senators will not respond to it, but I am sure it won't worsen the situation.

Also, we all know IV is doing heavy lobbying and don't have time to give us any info/answers. As flowers are completely harmless, I don't think there is a need for IV approval here. Waiting further may not be a good strategy, we should not repent later.

Originally Posted by neelu 8
For anything to work, it has to be done at the right time and has to be a completely co-ordinated effort.
Hang in there, positive things are happening in the background and things are looking good. continue with the AIs that have been posted and are urgent. What we need at this time is contributions to keep pushing with the advocacy/lobbying efforts.
New action items will be rolled out at the appropriate time. Also please note that there are ethics rules for the Senate and sending anything (other than letters, faxes, calls) to Senators (or Congressmen) has to follow the appropriate process (and have the approval of the ethics committee).

Originally Posted by StarSunStarting action items on your own and encouraging others might be counter productive.
Bookmark and Share Compare Reply With Quote

1 out of 1 members found this post helpful.
Old 02-08-2012, 12:22 PM
Priority Date
:
Category
:
N/A
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
Hello_Hello has a reputation beyond repute Hello_Hello has a reputation beyond repute Hello_Hello has a reputation beyond repute Hello_Hello has a reputation beyond repute Hello_Hello has a reputation beyond repute Hello_Hello has a reputation beyond repute Hello_Hello has a reputation beyond repute Hello_Hello has a reputation beyond repute Hello_Hello has a reputation beyond repute Hello_Hello has a reputation beyond repute Hello_Hello has a reputation beyond repute
Default E3 Visa is the damper

While Hold from Senator Grassley is a major hurdle, but in my opinion Senator Schumer & Senator Brown are attempting to scuttle this bill by attaching E-3(Irish Visas) provisions. Only insiders can tell if E-3 is good or bad, but as I am seeing this, Irish Visas are trying to piggyback this narrow and to the point bill, which is not good for 3012. It successfully passed in the house because Rep. Chaffetz smartly rejected all attempts to add any provisions. I'm confused now if Senator Schumer is a friend or foe of HR3012.

Old 02-08-2012, 12:38 PM
Priority Date
:
Category
:
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
indigokiwi has a reputation beyond repute indigokiwi has a reputation beyond repute indigokiwi has a reputation beyond repute indigokiwi has a reputation beyond repute indigokiwi has a reputation beyond repute indigokiwi has a reputation beyond repute indigokiwi has a reputation beyond repute indigokiwi has a reputation beyond repute indigokiwi has a reputation beyond repute indigokiwi has a reputation beyond repute indigokiwi has a reputation beyond repute

Let's re-iterate the main message of this thread.....

Quote:
Originally Posted by pappu View Post

HR 3012 is in a crucial stage.
We have been leading this bill from the beginning and these days Also discussing with various interest groups related to the bill and feel good where the talks are going. We are feeling confident and it is a matter of time when the bill is on Senate floor. But the goal is not just just get it on the floor but have support from senate to have it passed. Reaching out to as many senators possibible is a mammoth task. We need lot of support to get it through the senate. Please sign up for monthly contributions without wait so that we can pour more resources ASAP into this bill to bring it on senate floor. It is now or never for the next 2 years.

This is an urgent action item. Next week is very important for us. If you have not signed up for recurring contributions, please sign up now and post on this thread.

Old 02-08-2012, 01:09 PM
Priority Date
:
Jul-04
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
04/12/2007
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/18/2007
Compare
pak has a reputation beyond repute pak has a reputation beyond repute pak has a reputation beyond repute pak has a reputation beyond repute pak has a reputation beyond repute pak has a reputation beyond repute pak has a reputation beyond repute pak has a reputation beyond repute pak has a reputation beyond repute pak has a reputation beyond repute pak has a reputation beyond repute
Default Not a hurdle but conflicting concepts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hello_Hello View Post
While Hold from Senator Grassley is a major hurdle, but in my opinion Senator Schumer & Senator Brown are attempting to scuttle this bill by attaching E-3(Irish Visas) provisions. Only insiders can tell if E-3 is good or bad, but as I am seeing this, Irish Visas are trying to piggyback this narrow and to the point bill, which is not good for 3012. It successfully passed in the house because Rep. Chaffetz smartly rejected all attempts to add any provisions. I'm confused now if Senator Schumer is a friend or foe of HR3012.
I(We) always welcome any type of immigration bills which increase temp. or permanent immigration to US but HR3012's basic concept is "Fairness" by removing any preferential treatment by country of birth and keeping FIFO. E-3 is a preferential temp. visas to Irish nationals which is good for immigration but conflicting with HR3012 - "Fairness" or "Equality"

Old 02-08-2012, 03:05 PM
Priority Date
:
Mar-10
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
arun_ramani has a reputation beyond repute arun_ramani has a reputation beyond repute arun_ramani has a reputation beyond repute arun_ramani has a reputation beyond repute arun_ramani has a reputation beyond repute arun_ramani has a reputation beyond repute arun_ramani has a reputation beyond repute arun_ramani has a reputation beyond repute arun_ramani has a reputation beyond repute arun_ramani has a reputation beyond repute arun_ramani has a reputation beyond repute
Default Latest impasse with Grassley

Grassley: House GOP doing Wall Street's bidding on STOCK Act - The Hill's On The Money

I am not sure how to think of any strategy to handle this Senator. He simply cannot get along with anyone on anything. I am glad that he is not in the finance committee. If IV can overcome this guy, then your efforts must be put in as a case study in "Harvard"..

Totally bizarre!!

Old 02-08-2012, 03:18 PM
Priority Date
:
Jul-04
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
GCTorture has a reputation beyond repute GCTorture has a reputation beyond repute GCTorture has a reputation beyond repute GCTorture has a reputation beyond repute GCTorture has a reputation beyond repute GCTorture has a reputation beyond repute GCTorture has a reputation beyond repute GCTorture has a reputation beyond repute GCTorture has a reputation beyond repute GCTorture has a reputation beyond repute GCTorture has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by starscream View Post
Humble request to all:

Please let us not chop the tree branch we are standing on by starting random campaigns

To member GCTorture,

Dude , I totally totally understand your frustration..we r all in the same boat - Don't know if you were part from the time before the bill was even introduced in House Judciary Commitee - at that time IV had forumalted a call campaign to House Jud Commitee members it was a success because it was a coordinated effort , there were suggestions of phone campaigns after that as there was a 1 month gap between the bill passing the commitee and coming to house vote but IV said it is not required , the bill still passed the house, after the hold it bypassed the Sen. Judiciary commitee ...my point is any campaign should be a informed campaign to have the necessary effect and this 'information/knowledge' comes from IV advocacy activity..if done randomly it will backfire as legislators wil get annoyed ..the last thing we want to know is annoy them...and personally I don't think the Senator is going to be swayed by flowers...
The highlights in bold below are the 2 reasons we should not start flower or any campaign as we could be scoring a self goal

Originally Posted by GCTorture
I don't agree. It worked in 2007. On top of it, flowers have the capacity to make somebody melt. It is ok, if the senators will not respond to it, but I am sure it won't worsen the situation.

Also, we all know IV is doing heavy lobbying and don't have time to give us any info/answers. As flowers are completely harmless, I don't think there is a need for IV approval here. Waiting further may not be a good strategy, we should not repent later.

Originally Posted by neelu 8
For anything to work, it has to be done at the right time and has to be a completely co-ordinated effort.
Hang in there, positive things are happening in the background and things are looking good. continue with the AIs that have been posted and are urgent. What we need at this time is contributions to keep pushing with the advocacy/lobbying efforts.
New action items will be rolled out at the appropriate time. Also please note that there are ethics rules for the Senate and sending anything (other than letters, faxes, calls) to Senators (or Congressmen) has to follow the appropriate process (and have the approval of the ethics committee).

Originally Posted by StarSunStarting action items on your own and encouraging others might be counter productive.
No clue how many senators actually reading the letters we are sending as part of action items. I always get automated replies. The same way petition to congress, I am sure congress never reads. This is the reason I want to do something more explicit, like flower campaign. Its just unbelievable to hear from IV members that sending flowers would ruin whole lobbying that they are doing for 6 years. Its unbelievable. Are n't we sending letters every day? What is the difference between letters and flowers? Letters they can automate, but flowers...im sure senators would read. What IV saying is Unbelievable!!! Also, flowers, never thought is against code of any ethic.

0 out of 4 members found this post helpful.
Old 02-08-2012, 03:36 PM
Donor
Priority Date
:
Apr-03
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
gujju has a reputation beyond repute gujju has a reputation beyond repute gujju has a reputation beyond repute gujju has a reputation beyond repute gujju has a reputation beyond repute gujju has a reputation beyond repute gujju has a reputation beyond repute gujju has a reputation beyond repute gujju has a reputation beyond repute gujju has a reputation beyond repute gujju has a reputation beyond repute
Default Patience

Please lets wait for any directive from IV Core.Lets not start our own action items. We have to be united and do what IV core deems is appropriate to do.

UNITED WE ALL STAND.

Old 02-08-2012, 05:44 PM
Priority Date
:
Apr-03
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
damidi has a reputation beyond repute damidi has a reputation beyond repute damidi has a reputation beyond repute damidi has a reputation beyond repute damidi has a reputation beyond repute damidi has a reputation beyond repute damidi has a reputation beyond repute damidi has a reputation beyond repute damidi has a reputation beyond repute damidi has a reputation beyond repute damidi has a reputation beyond repute
Default Support IV HR 3012

Contributed $100. Receipt No: 0765-5012-9899-6705.

Keep up the good work.

Thank you.

3 out of 3 members found this post helpful.
Old 02-08-2012, 06:19 PM
Priority Date
:
May-04
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
04/05/2007
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
08/05/2007
Compare
indrachat_75 has a reputation beyond repute indrachat_75 has a reputation beyond repute indrachat_75 has a reputation beyond repute indrachat_75 has a reputation beyond repute indrachat_75 has a reputation beyond repute indrachat_75 has a reputation beyond repute indrachat_75 has a reputation beyond repute indrachat_75 has a reputation beyond repute indrachat_75 has a reputation beyond repute indrachat_75 has a reputation beyond repute indrachat_75 has a reputation beyond repute

All AI done for today

Old 02-08-2012, 08:15 PM
Priority Date
:
Dec-04
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
06/01/2007
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
06/30/2007
Compare
Suva has a reputation beyond repute Suva has a reputation beyond repute Suva has a reputation beyond repute Suva has a reputation beyond repute Suva has a reputation beyond repute Suva has a reputation beyond repute Suva has a reputation beyond repute Suva has a reputation beyond repute Suva has a reputation beyond repute Suva has a reputation beyond repute Suva has a reputation beyond repute

Done AI today.

Old 02-08-2012, 11:15 PM
Priority Date
:
Jan-05
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
IV_Is_The_Best will become famous soon enough IV_Is_The_Best will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by GCTorture View Post
No clue how many senators actually reading the letters we are sending as part of action items. I always get automated replies. The same way petition to congress, I am sure congress never reads. This is the reason I want to do something more explicit, like flower campaign. Its just unbelievable to hear from IV members that sending flowers would ruin whole lobbying that they are doing for 6 years. Its unbelievable. Are n't we sending letters every day? What is the difference between letters and flowers? Letters they can automate, but flowers...im sure senators would read. What IV saying is Unbelievable!!! Also, flowers, never thought is against code of any ethic.
GCTorture dude - just take a chill pill...why are you torturing everybody out here? Only Action Item for you is to CONTRIBUTE, CONTRIBUTE & CONTRIBUTE....

Contributed $ 200...Keep up the great job folks!!

Old 02-09-2012, 12:18 AM
Priority Date
:
Jul-06
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
08/26/2006
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
N/A
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/28/2007
Compare
madhu345 has a reputation beyond repute madhu345 has a reputation beyond repute madhu345 has a reputation beyond repute madhu345 has a reputation beyond repute madhu345 has a reputation beyond repute madhu345 has a reputation beyond repute madhu345 has a reputation beyond repute madhu345 has a reputation beyond repute madhu345 has a reputation beyond repute madhu345 has a reputation beyond repute madhu345 has a reputation beyond repute
Default HR3012 this week or never

HR3012 this week or never

Old 02-09-2012, 06:31 AM
Priority Date
:
Apr-03
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
04/17/2007
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
06/29/2007
Compare
vsrinir has a reputation beyond repute vsrinir has a reputation beyond repute vsrinir has a reputation beyond repute vsrinir has a reputation beyond repute vsrinir has a reputation beyond repute vsrinir has a reputation beyond repute vsrinir has a reputation beyond repute vsrinir has a reputation beyond repute vsrinir has a reputation beyond repute vsrinir has a reputation beyond repute vsrinir has a reputation beyond repute
Default Done AI Today

Done AI Today

2 out of 2 members found this post helpful.
Old 02-09-2012, 06:58 AM
Donor
Priority Date
:
Nov-10
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
Labor Certification
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
dhakaldoo has a reputation beyond repute dhakaldoo has a reputation beyond repute dhakaldoo has a reputation beyond repute dhakaldoo has a reputation beyond repute dhakaldoo has a reputation beyond repute dhakaldoo has a reputation beyond repute dhakaldoo has a reputation beyond repute dhakaldoo has a reputation beyond repute dhakaldoo has a reputation beyond repute dhakaldoo has a reputation beyond repute dhakaldoo has a reputation beyond repute
Default AI and contribution done today!

Quote:
Originally Posted by vsrinir View Post
Done AI Today
Done AI today and signed up for recurring payment

Subscription#S-18D70599T75031151

Thanks!!

GO IV
GO HR 3012!

4 out of 4 members found this post helpful.
Old 02-09-2012, 07:01 AM
Priority Date
:
Jul-04
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
GCTorture has a reputation beyond repute GCTorture has a reputation beyond repute GCTorture has a reputation beyond repute GCTorture has a reputation beyond repute GCTorture has a reputation beyond repute GCTorture has a reputation beyond repute GCTorture has a reputation beyond repute GCTorture has a reputation beyond repute GCTorture has a reputation beyond repute GCTorture has a reputation beyond repute GCTorture has a reputation beyond repute

Action Items done for today.

2 out of 2 members found this post helpful.