Immigration Voice - Forums
Register Get Involved Contact Lawmakers Advocacy Discussion Image Image Image Image

Go Back   Immigration Voice > Immigration Voice Issues and Congressional updates > IV Agenda and Legislative Updates
Click to log in with Facebook
IV Agenda and Legislative Updates Immigration Voice's Agenda and Legislative Updates

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-15-2012, 09:21 AM
Priority Date
:
Jun-06
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
DallasBlue has a brilliant future DallasBlue has a brilliant future DallasBlue has a brilliant future DallasBlue has a brilliant future DallasBlue has a brilliant future DallasBlue has a brilliant future DallasBlue has a brilliant future DallasBlue has a brilliant future DallasBlue has a brilliant future DallasBlue has a brilliant future DallasBlue has a brilliant future
Default HR3012 encourages entrepreneurship and creates jobs

Visa Backlog Creates Brain Drain

http://www.kauffman.org/uploadedFile...ain_101807.pdf

Just over 52% of start-up companies there had immigrant founders, with the highest proportion from India, followed by China and Taiwan.

archive.sba.gov/advo/research/rs334tot.pdf

http://www.kauffman.org/entrepreneur...epreneurs.aspx

http://www.inc.com/articles/201110/w...-be-asian.html

http://www.democracyjournal.org/21/o...e.php?page=all

with so much push from all sides for the passage of HR3012, it is just a matter of time that all the parties set aside their interests and rise above and support HR3012 and donate to IV.

Universities support HR3012:
http://www.renewoureconomy.org/sites...ity-letter.pdf

Businesses support HR3012:
http://www.technet.org/wp-content/up...UN-27-2012.pdf

Quote:
Originally Posted by DallasBlue View Post
with an amendment,Senator Grassley fixes H1-B imprecise rules and makes HR3012 bill even better.

The less than perfect (imperfect) H1-B laws(rules) are gamed and worked out to stretch their profits by the placement firms and in the way exploit the gullible foreign workers and bring down the wages. With his amendment senator fixes the system.

Quote:

Technically, HR3012 will not increase the number of visas already granted by the Congress - it'll remain at 140k.
• HR3012 will encourage innovation by liberating the scientists, doctors, nurses , hi-tech workers to get job mobility and go on to research new products, start new businesses and services , thus improving national economy.
• will help to create new enterprises and hire more people to help grow the US national economy
• will liberate them to move on and buy houses , thus create more jobs and improve the national economy, (will also bolster the housing loans and banks here)
• will help them spend more with the greater sense of security than they will have now renewing EAD every year, they will buy those cars that they are putting off , buy those gadgets, equipment, tools etc. improves overall consumer confidence and improves national economy
• will make the best and brightest to be remain here in USA, rather than compete or start companies elsewhere other than USA, will improve nations jobs.
• will also reduce outsourcing as some of them will go on and start training locally thus improving local economy
• will create more jobs when folks buy homes , improves the construction-building industry thus improves economy

HR3012 serves national interest

H.R.3012 does not impact the "american tech worker". If the issue is about more number of tech workers coming in here to USA HR3012 doesn’t increase the visa numbers. This bill is removing the country caps. When a professional is hired one is not hired on the basis of nationality but only on the basis of the skills. The current wait times for India and china are like 50 years which is totally unreasonable. Tech workers are not impacted with or without H.R.3012 because all these people will remain here in US and are working here on AOS status (adjustment of status/Employment Authorization) and eventually be American tech worker in a matter of 5 years or 50 years.

"Some have argued that providing green cards to highly skilled foreign nationals harms the job prospects of
Americans. However, that argument ignores that skilled scientists, researchers and professionals help create
more jobs and innovations. Moreover, such individuals are hired as part of the normal recruitment process,
complementing, not replacing, Americans. Another argument made is that the green card problem is not dire,
since many foreign nationals stay in the United States years after receiving a Ph.D. But foreign nationals with
Ph.D.s are more likely to work in academia and represent only about 13 percent of H-1B visa holders annually.
The 5-year stay rate for Indians earning Ph.D.s at U.S. universities in science and engineering declined from 89
percent for those who received a doctorate in the year 2000, to 79 percent for Indian recipients of Ph.D.s in 2004.
Even if Ph.D.s from India and China were staying in the U.S. at the same rate as before it would not be relevant to
the green card problems experienced by foreign nationals at the masters and undergraduate levels."

Also, against 'immigrant exploitation', there are a lot of labor laws and worker safety laws that safeguard not only the immigrant workers but all the American tech and non tech workers.

Also apart from the above,

"employment-based system was intended to create equal opportunity for all countries" - That is what is called Diversity- I humbly disagree- That is not what it was created for.

For that we have diversity visa. which gives equal opportunity for jobs from all countries, irrespective of their education or skill - oversubscribed countries are barred... those exceeding 7% for that year....so While Indians are barred from applying under Diversity- SriLankans and Nepalese are not.

For "diversity" Skill-based-immigrants are already being excluded from the "Diversity Visa". Why this double whammy? And, are there any country quotas in the diversity visa? Quite illogical

We are fighting a notion that "countries" are getting the benefit by sending its citizens here. In inida and china ther competition is fierce and only the best gets the chance to come US. How about the notion of a fair and just immigration system that doesn't discriminate based on national origin.
"Countries" are abstract. Individuals have life, feelings, etc. How to make ploicy/law maker and everyone understand?

• Every skilled immigrant saves money. The longer you are here the more money you save. By giving a person who stayed here longest a chance to file green card he can use his savings as investment in US. US needs investments in this economic times, win-win.

• If a person after working 15 years (60 credits) goes back then US would pay Social Security to that person after he retires. US Social Security goes outside as long as that person lives.

• Since 2001 US is granting 65000+ non immmigrant visas for skilled and high skilled applicants which indicates that there is a potential demand sine 2001.

• When employement visa is applied there is no country specific quota and it is first come first served basis along with other conditions. (Qualification, job demand etc.). Hence it is not based on DIVERSITY and dosent count spouses and childern.

• Only people who come in scarced Employment category can apply for GC. Hence it should not be based on DIVERSITY.

• Every year 140000 GC’s are allowed. So even if all the 65000+ apply there should not be any backlog.

• By putting a country limit in GC, an artificial queue is created. This creates as a pool of qualified, bonded, desperate labor force working for the betterment of US.

• HR3012 bill will remove the block/backlog and will make the system function correctly.

refrences:

http://www.nfap.com/pdf/NFAPPolicyBr...g.June2012.pdf
http://competeamerica.org/sites/defa...11%20FINAL.pdf

0 out of 1 members found this post helpful.
Old 07-15-2012, 11:37 AM
Priority Date
:
N/A
Category
:
N/A
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
N/A
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
greyhair has a reputation beyond repute greyhair has a reputation beyond repute greyhair has a reputation beyond repute greyhair has a reputation beyond repute greyhair has a reputation beyond repute greyhair has a reputation beyond repute greyhair has a reputation beyond repute greyhair has a reputation beyond repute greyhair has a reputation beyond repute greyhair has a reputation beyond repute greyhair has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by gfor_gc View Post
Let us expand grassley,s ammendment to all companies and also build a temple for grassley !
Quote:
Let us ask IV to include Grassley's original amendment to HR 3012- since only fraudsters are worried about grassley's amendment. We should also build a temple for Grassley for his great service to immigrants.
I don’t know much about all this but here is the way I see things. With Grassley - 'what you see is what you get'. Same is with NumbersUSA, FAIR and other people like them. We all know where they stand and there is no two ways to their position. Another important thing to note is, Grassley did not oppose any part of per-country limit bill. Meaning, he supports removing per-country limits. Same is the case with NumbersUSA, FAIR and other such groups. Have you seen NumbersUSA, FAIR etc write anything to oppose HR3012? No, I've not seen any opposition from these groups for removing per-country limits. The point is, with these groups ' what you see is what you get'.

Let’s talk about Senator Grassley. He came down from 50 page original Durbin-Grassley bill to a 4 page amendment (what I saw on another forum). From original amendment, he gave up around 90% ground to find a compromise. Let me ask you this, if you were negotiating, would you give up 90% on your position, ever? Maybe you will, but how many times? And while no one here is asking to make a temple for Grassley, there is a need to commend his willingness to do something to improve upon the current system. Everyone acknowledges that there is a problem with H1 system. Grassley have been trying to push for his bill since 2007. But outsourcing companies will not let Grassley bill come up for vote. If you were in his position, will you not want to put in your amendment on the first high-skilled immigration bill in last 10 years?

In any political give and take, those who give up most ground to find a compromise, because they want to see things progress, those people ought to be commended. If your question is - why are people like me Thanking Grassley? The answer is – because he gave up most ground on his position and it appears that he listened to people who explained the merits of HR3012. In the current political environment, this is not an easy thing to do, which is why people are Thanking him for his willingness to give up ground to improve the system.

Let’s look at the people opposing Grassley amendment. Somehow these are mostly lawyers and probably outsourcing companies (although I’ve no proof). A few days back on this forum I saw Greg Siskind posting against Grassley amendment. Now I read the FAQ released by IV and it’s not bad at all. Some of the other lawyers are still engaged in fear mongering. But when they are engaged in trashing this amendment, they are not listing the benefits of removing per-country limit. They are not saying that as the result of HR3012, backlog wait time will reduce from 70 years to 7-8 years, equally distributing the pain across the board, which is a fair system. No lawyer is point out the benefits of removing per-country limit when beating down on Grassley amendment. Which is why I find these people as ‘wolf in sheep skin’. Every bill is a compromise. Those people who do not want to let anything happen, unless they some how benefit, these people will always find reasons not to compromise.

If I’ve to pick sides, I will commend honest and upfront people, even when I’ve difference of opinion with them; and I refuse to subscribe to the opinion of ‘wolf in sheep skin’ because they are not honest.

Now back to AI for the day.
Bookmark and Share Compare Reply With Quote

4 out of 4 members found this post helpful.
Old 07-15-2012, 11:45 AM
Donor
Priority Date
:
Nov-03
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
07/01/2006
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/02/2007
Compare
nosightofgc has a reputation beyond repute nosightofgc has a reputation beyond repute nosightofgc has a reputation beyond repute nosightofgc has a reputation beyond repute nosightofgc has a reputation beyond repute nosightofgc has a reputation beyond repute nosightofgc has a reputation beyond repute nosightofgc has a reputation beyond repute nosightofgc has a reputation beyond repute nosightofgc has a reputation beyond repute nosightofgc has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by greyhair View Post
I don’t know much about all this but here is the way I see things. With Grassley - 'what you see is what you get'. Same is with NumbersUSA, FAIR and other people like them. We all know where they stand and there is no two ways to their position. Another important thing to note is, Grassley did not oppose any part of per-country limit bill. Meaning, he supports removing per-country limits. Same is the case with NumbersUSA, FAIR and other such groups. Have you seen NumbersUSA, FAIR etc write anything to oppose HR3012? No, I've not seen any opposition from these groups for removing per-country limits. The point is, with these groups ' what you see is what you get'.

Let’s talk about Senator Grassley. He came down from 50 page original Durbin-Grassley bill to a 4 page amendment (what I saw on another forum). From original amendment, he gave up around 90% ground to find a compromise. Let me ask you this, if you were negotiating, would you give up 90% on your position, ever? Maybe you will, but how many times? And while no one here is asking to make a temple for Grassley, there is a need to commend his willingness to do something to improve upon the current system. Everyone acknowledges that there is a problem with H1 system. Grassley have been trying to push for his bill since 2007. But outsourcing companies will not let Grassley bill come up for vote. If you were in his position, will you not want to put in your amendment on the first high-skilled immigration bill in last 10 years?

In any political give and take, those who give up most ground to find a compromise, because they want to see things progress, those people ought to be commended. If your question is - why are people like me Thanking Grassley? The answer is – because he gave up most ground on his position and it appears that he listened to people who explained the merits of HR3012. In the current political environment, this is not an easy thing to do, which is why people are Thanking him for his willingness to give up ground to improve the system.

Let’s look at the people opposing Grassley amendment. Somehow these are mostly lawyers and probably outsourcing companies (although I’ve no proof). A few days back on this forum I saw Greg Siskind posting against Grassley amendment. Now I read the FAQ released by IV and it’s not bad at all. Some of the other lawyers are still engaged in fear mongering. But when they are engaged in trashing this amendment, they are not listing the benefits of removing per-country limit. They are not saying that as the result of HR3012, backlog wait time will reduce from 70 years to 7-8 years, equally distributing the pain across the board, which is a fair system. No lawyer is point out the benefits of removing per-country limit when beating down on Grassley amendment. Which is why I find these people as ‘wolf in sheep skin’. Every bill is a compromise. Those people who do not want to let anything happen, unless they some how benefit, these people will always find reasons not to compromise.

If I’ve to pick sides, I will commend honest and upfront people, even when I’ve difference of opinion with them; and I refuse to subscribe to the opinion of ‘wolf in sheep skin’ because they are not honest.

Now back to AI for the day.
A lot of wisdom comes with greyhair ;-). Just kidding.

HR3012 Wiki | Facebook | Google+ | Twitter

-----------------------------------------------------------------------
Contributed to all action items for H.R.3012 including $1400.00

Old 07-15-2012, 12:33 PM
Priority Date
:
Apr-10
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
ascetic has a reputation beyond repute ascetic has a reputation beyond repute ascetic has a reputation beyond repute ascetic has a reputation beyond repute ascetic has a reputation beyond repute ascetic has a reputation beyond repute ascetic has a reputation beyond repute ascetic has a reputation beyond repute ascetic has a reputation beyond repute ascetic has a reputation beyond repute ascetic has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by greyhair View Post
Let’s look at the people opposing Grassley amendment. Somehow these are mostly lawyers and probably outsourcing companies (although I’ve no proof). A few days back on this forum I saw Greg Siskind posting against Grassley amendment.
Some of the lawyers associated with multinational companies, I've heard from, have noted that AILA is worried that the labor itself will not clear for numerous iffy contracting companies. Even before it clears, they assume that with queries and such that they will have to answer to DoL, the H1B cap would had been reached. They cannot further profit any further because a labor denial is beyond judicial purview. This they think will affect close to 35% of their earnings if not more. Hey, when you work for a bad apple you will also get the worm.

1 out of 1 members found this post helpful.
Old 07-15-2012, 01:22 PM
Priority Date
:
N/A
Category
:
N/A
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
N/A
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
greyhair has a reputation beyond repute greyhair has a reputation beyond repute greyhair has a reputation beyond repute greyhair has a reputation beyond repute greyhair has a reputation beyond repute greyhair has a reputation beyond repute greyhair has a reputation beyond repute greyhair has a reputation beyond repute greyhair has a reputation beyond repute greyhair has a reputation beyond repute greyhair has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by ascetic View Post
Some of the lawyers associated with multinational companies, I've heard from, have noted that AILA is worried that the labor itself will not clear for numerous iffy contracting companies. Even before it clears, they assume that with queries and such that they will have to answer to DoL, the H1B cap would had been reached. They cannot further profit any further because a labor denial is beyond judicial purview. This they think will affect close to 35% of their earnings if not more. Hey, when you work for a bad apple you will also get the worm.

No matter what, at the end of every year we will see all 65,000 H1s finish in the first few months, with or without the Grassley amendment. So immigration lawyers will make money either way because the more number of H1s will be filed and same number will get approved.The difference is, in larger numbers H1s will now be approved for deserving applicants/companies instead of consulting companies who are gaming the system. If AILA is worried then my guess is that they are more worried about people in backlogs getting green cards, because backlog is a cash cow, than having to work adequately for getting H1s approved.

I again read the IV FAQ and then read through parts of INA. It seems that in the current LCA application process, DOL is only allowed to check for "completeness" i.e. all the fields are completed and check boxes marked, meaning not for fraud or misrepresentation.

Is it not ironic that AILA that claims to represent immigrants is siding with consulting companies over immigrants?

Old 07-15-2012, 08:39 PM
Priority Date
:
Jul-09
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
mechanical13 has a reputation beyond repute mechanical13 has a reputation beyond repute mechanical13 has a reputation beyond repute mechanical13 has a reputation beyond repute mechanical13 has a reputation beyond repute mechanical13 has a reputation beyond repute mechanical13 has a reputation beyond repute mechanical13 has a reputation beyond repute mechanical13 has a reputation beyond repute mechanical13 has a reputation beyond repute mechanical13 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
greyhair,

nobody disputes ---- self respect stop praising this amendment and Grassley !

gfor_gc The amendment is intended to reduce fraud, and I don't think anyone will argue that there is some level of fraud within the H1B system, and that such fraud affects everyone.

Many IV members work for consulting companies, and nobody is stating that all consulting companies are fraud. SO....please stop diverting the topic, and causing rifts within the EB community. Now is not the time to argue for/against consulting companies.

Please continue to do the action items, and if possible, recruit others to perform the action items. Your consideration would be greatly appreciated.

Old 07-15-2012, 09:48 PM
Priority Date
:
N/A
Category
:
N/A
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
N/A
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare

I read Grassley's original statement and he said that he "needs to looked at exact percentages" which doesn't translate into opposition. And after "looking" at the bill he decided to support it. What more do you expect/want?

No one is glorifying anyone. But one needs to commend him for agreeing to the bill. Or do you want others to agree with you and not care to say 'Thank You'? I don't think that saying 'Thank you' to a sitting Senator implies 'glorifying'. And because on the subject of immigration, people tend to see everything as white or black, positive or negative, you seem to categorize Grassley amendment as negative. We clearly have a difference of opinion, which is fine. But I think Grassley amendment is good thing. Just because there will be more audits, it doesn't mean it's bad. What about immigrants stuck in the backlogs being exploited by employers? Now those employers will be scared of audits and that will leave less room for exploitation, wouldn't it?

Grassley needs to be praised and we need to tell him 'Thank you'. That puts more human touch to who we all are. We have to treat each other with respect, especially when we disagree, and, more so when the Senator agreed to not change the underline bill as he must have had to give up ground to agree to this position. Starting with a position of mistrust, in the face of agreement, makes us look unreasonable. DallasBlue is just member. You cannot equate DallasBlue with Senator Grassley, its not reasonable.

Grassley had put the hold on our bill because industry for long time prevented his Durbin-Grassley bill. It was his turn, and any reasonable person would do the same. My guess is, you and I will do the same if we were in his shoe. NUSA has its position but that doesn't mean every Senator has to say/do things that NUSA tells them. Every Senator has their independent mind and that is why there are 100 of them.

I believe that given the situation, expression of appreciation for Senator Grassley makes us look like mature humans, and, if cannot 'Thank' someone who gave up ground to agree with us then it would rather make us look like bunch of 'immature thankless spoil rich kids'. No one loses self respect by saying 'Thanks' to someone else. Rather expressing appreciation elevates the level of future commitment. That's all.

Quote:
greyhair,

nobody disputes that what we have is a compromise. I think IV has reached a reasonable deal with Sen Grassley in the given situation. I will have to correct your understanding regarding Grassley's original amendment. His original amendment had statements opposing the country cap removal as proposed in HR 3012.

IV might have reached a practical deal with Grassley for HR 3012. But that is no reason to glorify him or branding companies/people opposing the amendment as corrupt or as those with something to hide. I myself won't be affected by Grassley's amendment. However as a member of immigrant community, I will despise an anti-immigrant senator messing with our bill.

Some of the members like DallasBlue has a history of opposing consulting companies since he doesn't work for one. For long he "believes" consulting companies are not eligible for H1B visas. Ask him which law says that, he has no clue.

Many people go to the extend of praising Grassley which is quite shameful for any self respecting individual to do.

I am not sure how many of you watched Grassley for his anti-immigrant stand including opposing recent OPT extensions for foreign students.

It should also be noted that Grassley put a hold on our bill even when formal anti-immigrant groups like NUSA gave a straight OK for our bill from the beginning.

If you have self respect stop praising this amendment and Grassley !

1 out of 1 members found this post helpful.
Old 07-15-2012, 10:00 PM
Priority Date
:
May-04
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
snthampi has a reputation beyond repute snthampi has a reputation beyond repute snthampi has a reputation beyond repute snthampi has a reputation beyond repute snthampi has a reputation beyond repute snthampi has a reputation beyond repute snthampi has a reputation beyond repute snthampi has a reputation beyond repute snthampi has a reputation beyond repute snthampi has a reputation beyond repute snthampi has a reputation beyond repute

What you could do if Grassely said "screw you all, I am not lifting the hold"? So, you should appreciate for him compromise. His job is to do everything to protect his constituents, not us the immigrants. So, stop expecting him to support us. If at all he does, even for his own benefit, we have to appreciate him.

There is a lot of fraud in the system. I have met a lot of people came here on H1 who doesn't deserve a H1. This was possible only through fraud, mainly by Indian consulting companies. That said, there are some decent Indian consulting firms too, but very few.

This bill is the only chance for a lot of people to get greened, especially the ones in EB3.

By the way, if you have nothing to hide, why are you worried about Grassely's amendments?

Quote:
greyhair,

nobody disputes that what we have is a compromise. I think IV has reached a reasonable deal with Sen Grassley in the given situation. I will have to correct your understanding regarding Grassley's original amendment. His original amendment had statements opposing the country cap removal as proposed in HR 3012.

IV might have reached a practical deal with Grassley for HR 3012. But that is no reason to glorify him or branding companies/people opposing the amendment as corrupt or as those with something to hide. I myself won't be affected by Grassley's amendment. However as a member of immigrant community, I will despise an anti-immigrant senator messing with our bill.

Some of the members like DallasBlue has a history of opposing consulting companies since he doesn't work for one. For long he "believes" consulting companies are not eligible for H1B visas. Ask him which law says that, he has no clue.

Many people go to the extend of praising Grassley which is quite shameful for any self respecting individual to do.

I am not sure how many of you watched Grassley for his anti-immigrant stand including opposing recent OPT extensions for foreign students.

It should also be noted that Grassley put a hold on our bill even when formal anti-immigrant groups like NUSA gave a straight OK for our bill from the beginning.

If you have self respect stop praising this amendment and Grassley !

0 out of 1 members found this post helpful.
Old 07-15-2012, 10:51 PM
Priority Date
:
Sep-04
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
03/01/2007
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/01/2007
Compare
looivy has a reputation beyond repute looivy has a reputation beyond repute looivy has a reputation beyond repute looivy has a reputation beyond repute looivy has a reputation beyond repute looivy has a reputation beyond repute looivy has a reputation beyond repute looivy has a reputation beyond repute looivy has a reputation beyond repute looivy has a reputation beyond repute looivy has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by snthampi View Post
What you could do if Grassely said "screw you all, I am not lifting the hold"? So, you should appreciate for him compromise. His job is to do everything to protect his constituents, not us the immigrants. So, stop expecting him to support us. If at all he does, even for his own benefit, we have to appreciate him.

There is a lot of fraud in the system. I have met a lot of people came here on H1 who doesn't deserve a H1. This was possible only through fraud, mainly by Indian consulting companies. That said, there are some decent Indian consulting firms too, but very few.

This bill is the only chance for a lot of people to get greened, especially the ones in EB3.

By the way, if you have nothing to hide, why are you worried about Grassely's amendments?
Let me share another perspective. Grassley will get his h1 fraud protection passed anyways because the time is ripe to tap into voters emotion now than before with durbin-grassley bill. It is better that it gets passed as a part of HR3012. It bodes well for HR3012.

I WOULD THINK AND LABEL HR3012 AS FAIRNESS AND FRAUD PROTECTION BILL.

Each one of us is better off following IV's action items in the interest of time.

Old 07-16-2012, 08:45 AM
Priority Date
:
Mar-06
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
08/01/2007
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
08/01/2007
Compare
chyoji is infamous around these parts chyoji is infamous around these parts chyoji is infamous around these parts chyoji is infamous around these parts chyoji is infamous around these parts chyoji is infamous around these parts chyoji is infamous around these parts chyoji is infamous around these parts chyoji is infamous around these parts chyoji is infamous around these parts chyoji is infamous around these parts
Default Unconfirmed Rumor

Guys..Did you read this one

Unconfirmed Rumor of Additional Holds on H.R. 3012 Other Than Sen. Grassley's

There is a rumor of other holds on H.R. 3012 by some Senators other than Sen. Grassley's. If this information is confirmed, these holds will have to be lifted first before H.R. 3012 can be taken up on the Senate floor as otherwise these Senators can filibuster against the bill.

0 out of 2 members found this post helpful.
Old 07-16-2012, 08:53 AM
Priority Date
:
Jun-06
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
DallasBlue has a brilliant future DallasBlue has a brilliant future DallasBlue has a brilliant future DallasBlue has a brilliant future DallasBlue has a brilliant future DallasBlue has a brilliant future DallasBlue has a brilliant future DallasBlue has a brilliant future DallasBlue has a brilliant future DallasBlue has a brilliant future DallasBlue has a brilliant future
Exclamation

"DallasBlue has a history of opposing consulting companies since he doesn't work for one. For long he "believes" consulting companies are not eligible for H1B visas. Ask him which law says that, he has no clue."

not true statement sir.

what ever is posted by me are not my statements.

Collecting research,articles and valid arguments posted in this thread above by many and building up a pro argument template for HR3012.

Please feel free to correct , suggest changes and build up on it.

Contribute :
http://immigrationvoice.org/index.ph...d=26&Itemid=44

http://immigrationvoice.capwiz.com/i...ertid=61557191

write to senate / senate commitee / majority leaders in senate to pass the bill.
http://www.senate.gov/general/contac...nators_cfm.cfm

Quote:
Visa Backlog Creates Brain Drain

http://www.kauffman.org/uploadedFile...ain_101807.pdf

Just over 52% of start-up companies there had immigrant founders, with the highest proportion from India, followed by China and Taiwan.

archive.sba.gov/advo/research/rs334tot.pdf

http://www.kauffman.org/entrepreneur...epreneurs.aspx

http://www.inc.com/articles/201110/w...-be-asian.html

http://www.democracyjournal.org/21/o...e.php?page=all

with so much push from all sides for the passage of HR3012, it is just a matter of time that all the parties set aside their interests and rise above and support HR3012 and donate to IV.

Universities support HR3012:
http://www.renewoureconomy.org/sites...ity-letter.pdf

Businesses support HR3012:
http://www.technet.org/wp-content/up...UN-27-2012.pdf

Quote:
Originally Posted by DallasBlue
with an amendment,Senator Grassley fixes H1-B imprecise rules and makes HR3012 bill even better.

The less than perfect (imperfect) H1-B laws(rules) are gamed and worked out to stretch their profits by the placement firms and in the way exploit the gullible foreign workers and bring down the wages. With his amendment senator fixes the system.

Quote:

Technically, HR3012 will not increase the number of visas already granted by the Congress - it'll remain at 140k.
• HR3012 will encourage innovation by liberating the scientists, doctors, nurses , hi-tech workers to get job mobility and go on to research new products, start new businesses and services , thus improving national economy.
• will help to create new enterprises and hire more people to help grow the US national economy
• will liberate them to move on and buy houses , thus create more jobs and improve the national economy, (will also bolster the housing loans and banks here)
• will help them spend more with the greater sense of security than they will have now renewing EAD every year, they will buy those cars that they are putting off , buy those gadgets, equipment, tools etc. improves overall consumer confidence and improves national economy
• will make the best and brightest to be remain here in USA, rather than compete or start companies elsewhere other than USA, will improve nations jobs.
• will also reduce outsourcing as some of them will go on and start training locally thus improving local economy
• will create more jobs when folks buy homes , improves the construction-building industry thus improves economy

HR3012 serves national interest

H.R.3012 does not impact the "american tech worker". If the issue is about more number of tech workers coming in here to USA HR3012 doesn’t increase the visa numbers. This bill is removing the country caps. When a professional is hired one is not hired on the basis of nationality but only on the basis of the skills. The current wait times for India and china are like 50 years which is totally unreasonable. Tech workers are not impacted with or without H.R.3012 because all these people will remain here in US and are working here on AOS status (adjustment of status/Employment Authorization) and eventually be American tech worker in a matter of 5 years or 50 years.

"Some have argued that providing green cards to highly skilled foreign nationals harms the job prospects of
Americans. However, that argument ignores that skilled scientists, researchers and professionals help create
more jobs and innovations. Moreover, such individuals are hired as part of the normal recruitment process,
complementing, not replacing, Americans. Another argument made is that the green card problem is not dire,
since many foreign nationals stay in the United States years after receiving a Ph.D. But foreign nationals with
Ph.D.s are more likely to work in academia and represent only about 13 percent of H-1B visa holders annually.
The 5-year stay rate for Indians earning Ph.D.s at U.S. universities in science and engineering declined from 89
percent for those who received a doctorate in the year 2000, to 79 percent for Indian recipients of Ph.D.s in 2004.
Even if Ph.D.s from India and China were staying in the U.S. at the same rate as before it would not be relevant to
the green card problems experienced by foreign nationals at the masters and undergraduate levels."

Also, against 'immigrant exploitation', there are a lot of labor laws and worker safety laws that safeguard not only the immigrant workers but all the American tech and non tech workers.

Also apart from the above,

"employment-based system was intended to create equal opportunity for all countries" - That is what is called Diversity- I humbly disagree- That is not what it was created for.

For that we have diversity visa. which gives equal opportunity for jobs from all countries, irrespective of their education or skill - oversubscribed countries are barred... those exceeding 7% for that year....so While Indians are barred from applying under Diversity- SriLankans and Nepalese are not.

For "diversity" Skill-based-immigrants are already being excluded from the "Diversity Visa". Why this double whammy? And, are there any country quotas in the diversity visa? Quite illogical

We are fighting a notion that "countries" are getting the benefit by sending its citizens here. In inida and china ther competition is fierce and only the best gets the chance to come US. How about the notion of a fair and just immigration system that doesn't discriminate based on national origin.
"Countries" are abstract. Individuals have life, feelings, etc. How to make ploicy/law maker and everyone understand?

• Every skilled immigrant saves money. The longer you are here the more money you save. By giving a person who stayed here longest a chance to file green card he can use his savings as investment in US. US needs investments in this economic times, win-win.

• If a person after working 15 years (60 credits) goes back then US would pay Social Security to that person after he retires. US Social Security goes outside as long as that person lives.

• Since 2001 US is granting 65000+ non immmigrant visas for skilled and high skilled applicants which indicates that there is a potential demand sine 2001.

• When employement visa is applied there is no country specific quota and it is first come first served basis along with other conditions. (Qualification, job demand etc.). Hence it is not based on DIVERSITY and dosent count spouses and childern.

• Only people who come in scarced Employment category can apply for GC. Hence it should not be based on DIVERSITY.

• Every year 140000 GC’s are allowed. So even if all the 65000+ apply there should not be any backlog.

• By putting a country limit in GC, an artificial queue is created. This creates as a pool of qualified, bonded, desperate labor force working for the betterment of US.

• HR3012 bill will remove the block/backlog and will make the system function correctly.

refrences:

http://www.nfap.com/pdf/NFAPPolicyBr...g.June2012.pdf
http://competeamerica.org/sites/defa...11%20FINAL.pdf

write to senate / senate commitee / majority leaders in senate to pass the bill.
http://www.senate.gov/general/contac...nators_cfm.cfm

Old 07-16-2012, 08:56 AM
Priority Date
:
Nov-05
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
04/17/2006
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/02/2007
Compare
imh1b has a reputation beyond repute imh1b has a reputation beyond repute imh1b has a reputation beyond repute imh1b has a reputation beyond repute imh1b has a reputation beyond repute imh1b has a reputation beyond repute imh1b has a reputation beyond repute imh1b has a reputation beyond repute imh1b has a reputation beyond repute imh1b has a reputation beyond repute imh1b has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by chyoji View Post

There is a rumor of other holds on H.R. 3012 by some Senators other than Sen. Grassley's. If this information is confirmed, these holds will have to be lifted first before H.R. 3012 can be taken up on the Senate floor as otherwise these Senators can filibuster against the bill.

This is old news now. No need to be getting scared.

2 out of 2 members found this post helpful.
Old 07-16-2012, 09:01 AM
Donor
Priority Date
:
Aug-08
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
neelu8 has a reputation beyond repute neelu8 has a reputation beyond repute neelu8 has a reputation beyond repute neelu8 has a reputation beyond repute neelu8 has a reputation beyond repute neelu8 has a reputation beyond repute neelu8 has a reputation beyond repute neelu8 has a reputation beyond repute neelu8 has a reputation beyond repute neelu8 has a reputation beyond repute neelu8 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:

There is a separate thread with Admin2's comments on this matter which you might find useful.
http://immigrationvoice.org/forum/fo...ml#post3535955 (Two more holds on hr3012)

HR3012 Wiki | Facebook | Google+ | Twitter

Last edited by neelu8; 07-16-2012 at 09:04 AM.

2 out of 2 members found this post helpful.
Old 07-16-2012, 09:31 AM
Priority Date
:
Apr-10
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
ascetic has a reputation beyond repute ascetic has a reputation beyond repute ascetic has a reputation beyond repute ascetic has a reputation beyond repute ascetic has a reputation beyond repute ascetic has a reputation beyond repute ascetic has a reputation beyond repute ascetic has a reputation beyond repute ascetic has a reputation beyond repute ascetic has a reputation beyond repute ascetic has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Are you even reading the threads in this forum properly? There is a thread dealing with that, http://immigrationvoice.org/forum/fo...ml#post3535955 (Two more holds on hr3012) . All that you had to do was type immigration voice.com and look at the recent threads. Goodness gracious you did not come up with a link to the visa bulletin.

Old 07-23-2012, 07:23 AM
Priority Date
:
Jun-06
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
Default h1b amendment Faq to this author ?

High-Skilled Immigration Restrictions Are Economically Senseless
+ Comment now

Employer discrimination based on national origin has been illegal in the United States since the passage of the 1964 Civil Rights Act, yet American immigration law has continued to discriminate in that exact manner. If the government insists on restricting foreign workers’ access to U.S. markets, it should do so on the basis of merit, not nationality. Last week, Senators Chuck Grassley (R-IA) and Charles Schumer (D-NY) took an important step toward that goal, but it is a flawed one.

H1-B Visa Quotas Greatly Restrain Small Business Expansion
Capital Flows
Contributor
The Senators struck a deal to allow the Fairness for High-Skilled Immigrants Act (H.R. 3012) to move forward in the Senate. The bill would allocate employment-based green cards irrespective of national origin by eliminating country-specific limitations. Current law limits any particular country to 7 percent of the 140,000 employment-based green cards issued each year. This has resulted in extremely long waiting periods for workers from large countries like India and China that often extend for years, and even decades.

This discrimination is economically senseless and unjust, and Congress has finally realized it. Unfortunately, Sen. Grassley, who had placed a “hold” on the bill, decided to allow it to move forward not for noble reasons, but rather because Sen. Schumer, Chairman of the Immigration Subcommittee, signed on to an “agreement to include provisions that give greater authority to program overseers to investigate visa fraud and abuse.” This would expand the Department of Labor’s (DOL) powers to harass businesses that employ highly skilled immigrants.

Grassley’s amendments would give DOL “overseers” broad discretion to delay and audit applications for H-1B visas for temporary highly skilled workers. Current law allows the DOL to audit applications, which are submitted by employers, only after a visa has been issued and a complaint alleging visa fraud has been filed. The Grassley amendments’ overly broad and vague language would allow DOL officials to delay and block valid visa applications that would currently gain approval. All they would need is to allege “clear indicators of fraud or misrepresentation of material fact.”

Since the legislation provides no guidance on what these “indicators” should be, Labor officials would essentially have free rein to hold up any application at their discretion. Citizenship and Immigration Services (CIS) already considers being a small business—defined as having “less than 25 employees” or a “gross annual income less than $10 million”—as basis to suspect fraud, a conclusion based on the fact that large employers can afford better labor consultants to assure fewer mistakes on applications. Employers would also have no right to challenge such spurious audits in court.

Delays like these cost both money and time. This includes time needed to fill out an application, which by delaying applications past the deadline could turn this audit power into a de facto rejection power. That is especially likely as the 60-day limit for complaint-driven audits would not apply to these new investigations. On top of these, the Grassley amendments authorize annual compliance audits for any H-1B employer without any indication of fraud.

CIS administrative procedures already place considerable burdens on businesses, most notably through a huge increase in the number of “Requests for Evidence” on visa applications. These can delay applications for months. From 2008 to 2011, Requests for Evidence for high skilled visas—L-1B, H-1B, and O-1As—increased by 24 percent, 8 percent, and 14 percent, respectively. In the same period, H-1B rejections have increased from 11 percent in 2007 to between 17 and 29 percent under President Obama.

“We must bow to the genius of all, whatever group of mankind they may represent,” wrote Anthropologist Franz Boas a century ago, “as all have worked together in the development of the civilizations.” Boas was defending non-Western European immigrants against racist arguments for their exclusion. While he lost his fight in 1924, Congress now seems ready to end such discrimination, but it should focus on that goal, not on more regulation, so America can finally have an immigration law that acknowledges “the genius of all, whatever group of mankind they may represent.”

David Bier is an immigration policy analyst at the Competitive Enterprise Institute, a free-market think tank in Washington, D.C.

http://www.forbes.com/sites/realspin...lly-senseless/

Should we send out the grassley ammendment faq to this author ?