Immigration Voice - Forums
Register Get Involved Contact Lawmakers Advocacy Discussion Image Image Image Image

Go Back   Immigration Voice > Immigration Voice Issues and Congressional updates > IV Agenda and Legislative Updates
Click to log in with Facebook
IV Agenda and Legislative Updates Immigration Voice's Agenda and Legislative Updates

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-15-2012, 12:40 PM
Banned
Priority Date
:
Dec-07
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
waitingnwaiting has a reputation beyond repute waitingnwaiting has a reputation beyond repute waitingnwaiting has a reputation beyond repute waitingnwaiting has a reputation beyond repute waitingnwaiting has a reputation beyond repute waitingnwaiting has a reputation beyond repute waitingnwaiting has a reputation beyond repute waitingnwaiting has a reputation beyond repute waitingnwaiting has a reputation beyond repute waitingnwaiting has a reputation beyond repute waitingnwaiting has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by gfor_gc View Post
Reality is, nobody knows what is happening with this bill except IV core. If it is a bill that needs to pass, it will pass. We have done our little part. I am sure IV won't drop the bill so easily after spending enormous effort ( money, lobbying and time) on the bill.

Let us pray and hope for the best.
Are you coming for the rally?
Bookmark and Share Compare Reply With Quote

Old 08-15-2012, 01:14 PM
Donor
Priority Date
:
Apr-03
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
gujju has a reputation beyond repute gujju has a reputation beyond repute gujju has a reputation beyond repute gujju has a reputation beyond repute gujju has a reputation beyond repute gujju has a reputation beyond repute gujju has a reputation beyond repute gujju has a reputation beyond repute gujju has a reputation beyond repute gujju has a reputation beyond repute gujju has a reputation beyond repute
Default RSVP for Rally

Hope all the Guests and Members watching this thread are coming to the rally.There is no option if we want our greeen cards quicker.United and with a strong presence on September 8th we will make a huge difference.Common guys if one of you come remember you will motivate 10 more people to come , all your friends and relatives in CA would also be motivated to come.
Lets make this a success.

GO IV GO.

Old 08-15-2012, 01:55 PM
Donor
Priority Date
:
Nov-06
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
01/27/2007
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/27/2007
Compare
mantagon has a reputation beyond repute mantagon has a reputation beyond repute mantagon has a reputation beyond repute mantagon has a reputation beyond repute mantagon has a reputation beyond repute mantagon has a reputation beyond repute mantagon has a reputation beyond repute mantagon has a reputation beyond repute mantagon has a reputation beyond repute mantagon has a reputation beyond repute mantagon has a reputation beyond repute
Default If we are true to ourselves...

...we are our biggest motivators!

Folks who are going to the rally, like yours truly, can only do so much to motivate the fence-sitters...
It all boils down to one and only one thing...are you being true & honest to yourself?

If yes, then I'm positive that you will do whatever it takes to be in San Jose on Sep 8!

If no, then I'm all the more positive that you will find enough reasons not to be a part of this struggle for fairness, which by the way will ultimately benefit YOU!

So, please, ask yourself this question and decide for yourself...I sincerely hope your answer would be YES. Thank you all!

Quote:
Originally Posted by waitingnwaiting View Post
Let us dig all those people on the thread who used to complain nothing is happening. Those folks have now suddenly disappeared. Let us ask them if they are coming to the rally. Someone will check if they RSVPed.

Old 08-15-2012, 02:58 PM
Priority Date
:
Jul-04
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
04/12/2007
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/18/2007
Compare
pak has a reputation beyond repute pak has a reputation beyond repute pak has a reputation beyond repute pak has a reputation beyond repute pak has a reputation beyond repute pak has a reputation beyond repute pak has a reputation beyond repute pak has a reputation beyond repute pak has a reputation beyond repute pak has a reputation beyond repute pak has a reputation beyond repute
Default Things To Know about Distributing Flyers Possible Target Locations

Parking Lots:
• Shopping malls, WalMart, Target, Home Depot,
• Grocery outlets
• Bus Depots
• Train stations
• Libraries
• Hotels
• Tourist hangouts
• Beaches
• Airports
• Starbucks
• Sport events, Car shows, Festivals and anywhere that is crowded.
• High school football games, little league games
• Vending machines
(* NEVER scotch tape or any tapes on car windshields)
Drive thru:
• Banks (under the tube chute)
• Fast foods (under the ordering speaker)
Indoors:
• Bulletin boards (activity centers, fitness centers, grocery outlets, Laundromats etc.)
• Dressing rooms (department stores)
• Bathrooms and port-a-potties (stalls inside door)
• Highway Rest stops
• Info racks in Welcome Centers, Hotels and Motels
• Shelves at grocery stores, pharmacies etc.
• Elevators
• Starbucks
• In the shopping carts (in the aisles, parking lot)
• Vending machines
Other methods: (optional)
• Door to door
• Senior citizen centers
• Hand out on the streets
• Stick flyers inside pre-paid envelopes
• P.O.Boxes and Mail vents (**This one is tricky as it maybe illegal in some areas – do check first)
• Share with friends and ask for help to distribute
• Call in ALL your IOU’s. Ask everyone that owes you a favour, they can help you do some flyering – give them some basic flyering info.
• I like to tell sympathetic Anti Obama people that I leave flyers around. A lot of them get curious and some tell me they want to do that too… I have recruited 18 year olds to 70 something year old’s… (from Freddie)
Last minute Option: Wad up the flyer, grab an obot by the hair, and shove it down their fucking throat. Having them read the flyer first, is also optional.

Things to bring with you while out distributing flyers:
• Rolls of scotch tape
• Other stickers (such as with Nobama or Vote McCain/Palin on it)
• stapler
• glue dots

Prepare yourself before distributing flyers
Distributing Flyers in the Community:
One of the best ways to get to know your community and the small business people, is to distribute your flyers at stores, restaurants, convenience stores, laundromats, bars, etc.
Distributing Flyers in the Streets:
One of the easiest ways to "get your feet wet" is distributing flyers at events, parades, etc., interacting with the public in a non threatening way. This is by no means easy but you know the adage, blood, sweat and tears will apply. If you are shy, there are many other ways that don’t require face to face interaction.
Do not waste your time engaging Obots. You will not get anywhere. Focus on why you are doing this
If you do it with confidence, no one will question you – normally.
Rule One: Never distribute flyers alone. Always go in pairs. This is for safety, and for practical reasons.
Rule Two: Blend in with the community in your appearance and demeanor. If the community you are targeting is a college campus, send your young, college age members, dressed accordingly. If the community is working class, don't wear a suit. Be clean, friendly, non confrontational, and smile like you're having fun!
Rule Three: Position yourself to hand out the maximum number of flyers with a minimum of disturbance. Don't block sidewalks, stay to the side. Hold the flyer out, let folks take it. NEVER press flyers on anyone. If someone doesn't want a flyer, refuses it or hands it back, no problem. Smile but don't slow down nor get in a conversation, just continue handing out flyers.
Rule Four: Repeat! Don't argue, don't discuss, don't explain and don't turn around and go back. Hand out flyers. If engaged in conversation, you can't hand out flyers
Rule Five: Know your 1st Amendment rights & exercise them. You have the right to hand out flyers on any public sidewalk, park, or right of way. You do not have to obtain any kind of permit to do so. However, you need to decide in advance, what action(s) you want to take if confronted by the police. Unless you are breaking the law, no one is going to arrest you for handing out flyers.

HR3012 Wiki | Facebook | Google+ | Twitter

1 out of 1 members found this post helpful.
Old 08-15-2012, 03:43 PM
Priority Date
:
Jun-03
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
srij has a reputation beyond repute srij has a reputation beyond repute srij has a reputation beyond repute srij has a reputation beyond repute srij has a reputation beyond repute srij has a reputation beyond repute srij has a reputation beyond repute srij has a reputation beyond repute srij has a reputation beyond repute srij has a reputation beyond repute srij has a reputation beyond repute
Default The best action item!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mantagon View Post
...we are our biggest motivators!

Folks who are going to the rally, like yours truly, can only do so much to motivate the fence-sitters...
It all boils down to one and only one thing...are you being true & honest to yourself?

If yes, then I'm positive that you will do whatever it takes to be in San Jose on Sep 8!

If no, then I'm all the more positive that you will find enough reasons not to be a part of this struggle for fairness, which by the way will ultimately benefit YOU!

So, please, ask yourself this question and decide for yourself...I sincerely hope your answer would be YES. Thank you all!
When the August 25th rally was annonced, I myself and a friend of mine (who visits IV regularly), booked the tickets for the rally. BTW we are from NJ. When it was postponed we did to with out flinching. In the mean while I was hoping to see a lot of "we will be there" messages from all over US. Utterly disappointed but not de-motivated.

Guys do this for yourself. I am planning to preserve the pictures I have of the rally, including my pictures with placards so that, years from now, I can tell my daughter that I stood for what I believed in. That I went across the country to attend a rally. I also hope to tell her that people from all over USA made it to the rally. Come on guys, you asked for Action Items. Isn't this the best ?

Old 08-15-2012, 04:00 PM
Donor
Priority Date
:
Nov-06
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
01/27/2007
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/27/2007
Compare
mantagon has a reputation beyond repute mantagon has a reputation beyond repute mantagon has a reputation beyond repute mantagon has a reputation beyond repute mantagon has a reputation beyond repute mantagon has a reputation beyond repute mantagon has a reputation beyond repute mantagon has a reputation beyond repute mantagon has a reputation beyond repute mantagon has a reputation beyond repute mantagon has a reputation beyond repute
Default What's even more amazing...

...is to see that about 100 people are actively viewing this thread, may be in anticipation that someone will come forward and say that they will in fact be there at the rally! Huh!

People are more interested in seeing what's brewing than being an active part of it!

Come on guys, show the courage by getting your hands dirty...

Old 08-15-2012, 04:20 PM
Donor
Priority Date
:
Jan-07
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
05/02/2007
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/17/2007
Compare
needhelp! has a reputation beyond repute needhelp! has a reputation beyond repute needhelp! has a reputation beyond repute needhelp! has a reputation beyond repute needhelp! has a reputation beyond repute needhelp! has a reputation beyond repute needhelp! has a reputation beyond repute needhelp! has a reputation beyond repute needhelp! has a reputation beyond repute needhelp! has a reputation beyond repute needhelp! has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by mantagon View Post

Come on guys, show the courage by getting your hands dirty...
And guaranteed you won't regret it EVER!

Got GC in Sept 2011

Spread the RALLY message on:
Facebook | Google+ | Twitter | Contribute | HR3012 Wiki
Info on Rally | Accommodation | Air Miles | Carpool | Merchandize | Posters | Volunteers

Old 08-15-2012, 04:30 PM
Priority Date
:
Mar-06
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
05/01/2006
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
Madhuri has a reputation beyond repute Madhuri has a reputation beyond repute Madhuri has a reputation beyond repute Madhuri has a reputation beyond repute Madhuri has a reputation beyond repute Madhuri has a reputation beyond repute Madhuri has a reputation beyond repute Madhuri has a reputation beyond repute Madhuri has a reputation beyond repute Madhuri has a reputation beyond repute Madhuri has a reputation beyond repute

We will be there.

2 out of 2 members found this post helpful.
Old 08-15-2012, 04:35 PM
Donor
Priority Date
:
Nov-06
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
01/27/2007
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/27/2007
Compare
Default Way to go!

Thank you!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Madhuri View Post
We will be there.

Old 08-15-2012, 04:45 PM
Priority Date
:
May-03
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140+I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
gcebanil has a reputation beyond repute gcebanil has a reputation beyond repute gcebanil has a reputation beyond repute gcebanil has a reputation beyond repute gcebanil has a reputation beyond repute gcebanil has a reputation beyond repute gcebanil has a reputation beyond repute gcebanil has a reputation beyond repute gcebanil has a reputation beyond repute gcebanil has a reputation beyond repute gcebanil has a reputation beyond repute
Default I will be there

can someone assist me with accomodation ??

Old 08-15-2012, 04:57 PM
Donor
Priority Date
:
Nov-06
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
01/27/2007
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/27/2007
Compare
Default Awesome...

...don't forget to RSVP!! As regards to the accomodation, please see this post:
http://immigrationvoice.org/forum/3557542-post179.html

Quote:
Originally Posted by gcebanil View Post
can someone assist me with accomodation ??

Old 08-15-2012, 05:03 PM
Priority Date
:
May-03
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140+I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
gcebanil has a reputation beyond repute gcebanil has a reputation beyond repute gcebanil has a reputation beyond repute gcebanil has a reputation beyond repute gcebanil has a reputation beyond repute gcebanil has a reputation beyond repute gcebanil has a reputation beyond repute gcebanil has a reputation beyond repute gcebanil has a reputation beyond repute gcebanil has a reputation beyond repute gcebanil has a reputation beyond repute
Default having problem in launching RSVP..

I am getting error, can you please provide me direct link ??
thanks

Old 08-15-2012, 07:20 PM
Priority Date
:
Apr-03
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
08/31/2004
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
09/08/2004
Compare
sribala01 is on a distinguished road
Default HR 3012 Update and Action item : April 2012

Pappu,

Just a thought, there is a Republican & Democrats convention happening in the next few weeks. I think we should hold "NO COUNTRY QUOTAS" banner

Thanks

Old 08-16-2012, 09:59 AM
Donor
Priority Date
:
Nov-06
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
01/27/2007
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/27/2007
Compare
Default Here you go...

ImmigrationVoice.org - RSVP Form - IV 'Fairness and Freedom March' on September 8th, 2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by gcebanil View Post
I am getting error, can you please provide me direct link ??
thanks

Old 08-16-2012, 10:01 AM
Donor
Priority Date
:
Nov-06
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
01/27/2007
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/27/2007
Compare
Default Am I correct in...

...assuming that you'll be the one holding it in the rally? I sincerely hope to see you there...

Quote:
Originally Posted by sribala01 View Post
Pappu,

Just a thought, there is a Republican & Democrats convention happening in the next few weeks. I think we should hold "NO COUNTRY QUOTAS" banner

Thanks