Immigration Voice - Forums
Register Get Involved Contact Lawmakers Advocacy Discussion Image Image Image Image

Go Back   Immigration Voice > Immigration Voice Issues and Congressional updates > IV Agenda and Legislative Updates
Click to log in with Facebook
IV Agenda and Legislative Updates Immigration Voice's Agenda and Legislative Updates

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-03-2012, 06:13 AM
Administrator
Priority Date
:
Mar-06
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
05/06/2006
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
06/29/2007
Compare
pappu has a reputation beyond repute pappu has a reputation beyond repute pappu has a reputation beyond repute pappu has a reputation beyond repute pappu has a reputation beyond repute pappu has a reputation beyond repute pappu has a reputation beyond repute pappu has a reputation beyond repute pappu has a reputation beyond repute pappu has a reputation beyond repute pappu has a reputation beyond repute
Default HR 3012 general discussion since April 2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by DallasBlue View Post

HR3012 has to pass stand alone. It is to end the inequality.
The way to Truth is Equality and Truth alone Triumphs.

HR 3012 is in a crucial stage. We have been leading this bill from the beginning and these days Also discussing with various interest groups related to the bill and feel good where the talks are going. We are feeling confident and it is a matter of time when the bill is on Senate floor. But the goal is not just just get it on the floor but have support from senate to have it passed. Reaching out to as many senators possibible is a mammoth task. We need lot of support to get it through the senate. Please sign up for monthly contributions without wait so that we can pour more resources ASAP into this bill to bring it on senate floor. It is now or never for the next 2 years.

This is an urgent action item. Next week is very important for us. If you have not signed up for recurring contributions, please sign up now and post on this thread.

Facebook | YouTube | Twitter | Mailing List

===================
I do not give legal advice. You can pay and get it from Lawyers. Just show me some love and click the links above to help ImmigrationVoice any way you choose.
-----------

Last edited by StarSun; 02-14-2012 at 10:36 AM.
Bookmark and Share Compare Reply With Quote

3 out of 3 members found this post helpful.
Old 02-03-2012, 06:13 AM
Administrator
Priority Date
:
Mar-06
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
05/06/2006
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
06/29/2007
Compare
pappu has a reputation beyond repute pappu has a reputation beyond repute pappu has a reputation beyond repute pappu has a reputation beyond repute pappu has a reputation beyond repute pappu has a reputation beyond repute pappu has a reputation beyond repute pappu has a reputation beyond repute pappu has a reputation beyond repute pappu has a reputation beyond repute pappu has a reputation beyond repute

ONGOING CRITICAL ACTION ITEMS

Please focus on this AI from June 30th through the 4th of July weekend.

There are thousands of people stuck in green card backlogs, long wait times, retreogresion but are still not aware of H.R3012 -Fairness for High-Skilled Immigrants Act and the benefits it brings by way of fairness, first-come-first-serve approach due to removal of per country caps.
We have to inform all such people about the bill and about IV grass-roots initiatives which have brought the bill close to the finish line now so they can join in the grass-roots efforts.

1) Print out - (color printouts much preferred) multiple copies of the following fliers

http://immigrationvoice.org/wiki/ima...help_flier.pdf
http://immigrationvoice.org/wiki/ima...chan_flier.pdf
http://immigrationvoice.org/wiki/ima...i76_flier1.pdf
http://immigrationvoice.org/wiki/ima...i76_flier2.pdf

2) Post the fliers - near all grocery stores, temples, theaters and other locations which are frequented by impacted/retrogressed EB applicants who will benefited by this initiative. Use your judgement wisely on where you post the fliers.

3) Caution - DO NOT post the fliers on USPS mailboxes, it is against the law.

4) Talk to your friends/acquaintances - Pick up the phone and call your friends, colleagues, acquaintances who are still not aware of this bill. Explain the importance of H.R 3012 - how it brings long-awaited fairness to the system and reduces wait times drastically for retrogressed EB applicants. Explain how the bill was passed overwhelmingly by the House and is very close to being passed by the Senate and signed into law. There is no better tool than talking to someone to make them aware of the importance of this legislation.
Encourage your friends to CONTRIBUTE to IV and help in the advocacy efforts.

5) Forward Flier - Forward soft copies of the flier to your friends, contacts and have them post it at locations in their neighborhood where it will be effective.

6) Like, Comment positively and share our Facebook page and follow us on Twitter. We are also on Google+ now. IV member donquit has been managing this single-handedly, on your behalf and its time to help him spread the message in social media world.

Facebook - https://www.facebook.com/#!/Support.HR3012
Twitter - http://twitter.com/support_hr_3012
http://twitter.com/Support_HR3012
Google+ - https://plus.google.com/109630183957372098398

We are very close to the finish line and are confident that H.R 3012 will be passed by Congress and signed into law very soon. Let us add more grassroots efforts now and be part of this historic legislative initiative. Immigration Voice requires all affected EB green card applicants - waiting for years to get a green card they deserve - to speak up, join this campaign and be counted.

Last edited by ashwin_27; 06-30-2012 at 02:47 PM.

Old 02-03-2012, 06:30 AM
Donor
Priority Date
:
Aug-08
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
12/30/2011
Compare
thomachan72 has a reputation beyond repute thomachan72 has a reputation beyond repute thomachan72 has a reputation beyond repute thomachan72 has a reputation beyond repute thomachan72 has a reputation beyond repute thomachan72 has a reputation beyond repute thomachan72 has a reputation beyond repute thomachan72 has a reputation beyond repute thomachan72 has a reputation beyond repute thomachan72 has a reputation beyond repute thomachan72 has a reputation beyond repute

1899-2525-8479-5875
100 for today in addition to monthly contributions
Appreciate your hard work. Pls keep going and get this deal done

2 out of 2 members found this post helpful.
Old 02-03-2012, 07:07 AM
Priority Date
:
Sep-07
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
t_narendra2002 has a reputation beyond repute t_narendra2002 has a reputation beyond repute t_narendra2002 has a reputation beyond repute t_narendra2002 has a reputation beyond repute t_narendra2002 has a reputation beyond repute t_narendra2002 has a reputation beyond repute t_narendra2002 has a reputation beyond repute t_narendra2002 has a reputation beyond repute t_narendra2002 has a reputation beyond repute t_narendra2002 has a reputation beyond repute t_narendra2002 has a reputation beyond repute

Another $100 contribution in the month of January.

0420-5035-9397-6280

Hope some relief will be provided for EB3-I folks who are suffering from severe backlog

5 out of 5 members found this post helpful.
Old 02-03-2012, 08:53 AM
Super Moderator
Priority Date
:
Category
:
N/A
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
StarSun has a reputation beyond repute StarSun has a reputation beyond repute StarSun has a reputation beyond repute StarSun has a reputation beyond repute StarSun has a reputation beyond repute StarSun has a reputation beyond repute StarSun has a reputation beyond repute StarSun has a reputation beyond repute StarSun has a reputation beyond repute StarSun has a reputation beyond repute StarSun has a reputation beyond repute
Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by gfor_gc View Post
No need to send mails to lawmakers this week ?
All action items continue to be important.

We need the support of every senator, writing to them helps.

We need the funds to advocate for our causes. We need the funds NOW, when the bill is yet to come for a vote. Battle lines are drawn and fought before the vote. Funds now translates to results that we want. Donate personally, bring awareness among your family and friends in every state and raise the money. As pappu has mentioned the next two weeks are crucial.

Your support is needed and is truly appreciated.
202-386-6250
ivcoordinator@gmail.com
Money with active participation is far more powerful - please join your state chapters and meet with your lawmakers.

Last edited by StarSun; 02-03-2012 at 11:12 AM.

1 out of 1 members found this post helpful.
Old 02-03-2012, 09:13 AM
Donor
Priority Date
:
Mar-08
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I485 Mailed Date
:
12/01/2011
Compare
Hopeful1 has a reputation beyond repute Hopeful1 has a reputation beyond repute Hopeful1 has a reputation beyond repute Hopeful1 has a reputation beyond repute Hopeful1 has a reputation beyond repute Hopeful1 has a reputation beyond repute Hopeful1 has a reputation beyond repute Hopeful1 has a reputation beyond repute Hopeful1 has a reputation beyond repute Hopeful1 has a reputation beyond repute Hopeful1 has a reputation beyond repute
Default please continue contributing

Already a recurring donor...also donated another $100 today.

Payment id 8BL29245X0386231C

4 out of 4 members found this post helpful.
Old 02-03-2012, 09:51 AM
Donor
Priority Date
:
Nov-06
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
01/27/2007
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/27/2007
Compare
mantagon has a reputation beyond repute mantagon has a reputation beyond repute mantagon has a reputation beyond repute mantagon has a reputation beyond repute mantagon has a reputation beyond repute mantagon has a reputation beyond repute mantagon has a reputation beyond repute mantagon has a reputation beyond repute mantagon has a reputation beyond repute mantagon has a reputation beyond repute mantagon has a reputation beyond repute
Default Here's...

$100 more, in addition to being a proud donor!

(Your transaction ID for this payment is: 543664902T222773E.)

Guys, please come forward and make this happen.

Go IV!

4 out of 4 members found this post helpful.
Old 02-03-2012, 10:07 AM
Priority Date
:
Apr-05
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
hopefullegalimmigrant has a reputation beyond repute hopefullegalimmigrant has a reputation beyond repute hopefullegalimmigrant has a reputation beyond repute hopefullegalimmigrant has a reputation beyond repute hopefullegalimmigrant has a reputation beyond repute hopefullegalimmigrant has a reputation beyond repute hopefullegalimmigrant has a reputation beyond repute hopefullegalimmigrant has a reputation beyond repute hopefullegalimmigrant has a reputation beyond repute hopefullegalimmigrant has a reputation beyond repute hopefullegalimmigrant has a reputation beyond repute
Thumbs up My contribution

Mighty thanks to Immigration voice, to all those who spend tireless hours lobbying and working for the bill. Hats off! United we stand.

Hope this happens!!!!

Your receipt number for this payment is: 1667-0324-4891-2621.

Old 02-03-2012, 10:23 AM
Priority Date
:
Dec-04
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
06/01/2007
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
06/30/2007
Compare
Suva has a reputation beyond repute Suva has a reputation beyond repute Suva has a reputation beyond repute Suva has a reputation beyond repute Suva has a reputation beyond repute Suva has a reputation beyond repute Suva has a reputation beyond repute Suva has a reputation beyond repute Suva has a reputation beyond repute Suva has a reputation beyond repute Suva has a reputation beyond repute

I am only sending letters to NJ Senators through IV action items. Do you suggest to send the letters to all the senators who are outside my state - NJ? If yes how can I send to all of them?

Thanks

Quote:
Originally Posted by StarSun View Post
All action items continue to be important.

We need the support of every senator, writing to them helps.

We need the funds to advocate for our causes. We need the funds NOW, when the bill is yet to come for a vote. Battle lines are drawn and fought before the vote. Funds now translates to results that we want. Donate personally, bring awareness among your family and friends in every state and raise the money. As pappu has mentioned the next two weeks is crucial.

Your support is needed and is truly appreciated.

Old 02-03-2012, 10:26 AM
Administrator
Priority Date
:
Mar-06
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
05/06/2006
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
06/29/2007
Compare

Thanks for contributing.

Facebook | YouTube | Twitter | Mailing List

===================
I do not give legal advice. You can pay and get it from Lawyers. Just show me some love and click the links above to help ImmigrationVoice any way you choose.
-----------

Old 02-03-2012, 10:56 AM
Priority Date
:
Nov-06
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
07/12/2007
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140+I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/18/2007
Compare
gopalaj has a reputation beyond repute gopalaj has a reputation beyond repute gopalaj has a reputation beyond repute gopalaj has a reputation beyond repute gopalaj has a reputation beyond repute gopalaj has a reputation beyond repute gopalaj has a reputation beyond repute gopalaj has a reputation beyond repute gopalaj has a reputation beyond repute gopalaj has a reputation beyond repute gopalaj has a reputation beyond repute
Default AI done

I have done my action items and contributed another $100

Your transaction ID for this payment is: 5JH39707VS780500N.

2 out of 2 members found this post helpful.
Old 02-03-2012, 10:57 AM
Priority Date
:
Apr-05
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
hopefullegalimmigrant has a reputation beyond repute hopefullegalimmigrant has a reputation beyond repute hopefullegalimmigrant has a reputation beyond repute hopefullegalimmigrant has a reputation beyond repute hopefullegalimmigrant has a reputation beyond repute hopefullegalimmigrant has a reputation beyond repute hopefullegalimmigrant has a reputation beyond repute hopefullegalimmigrant has a reputation beyond repute hopefullegalimmigrant has a reputation beyond repute hopefullegalimmigrant has a reputation beyond repute hopefullegalimmigrant has a reputation beyond repute
Thumbs up My contribution

Mighty thanks to Immigration voice, to all those who spend tireless hours lobbying and working for the bill. Hats off! United we stand.

Hope this happens!!!!

Your receipt number for this payment is: 1667-0324-4891-2621.

Old 02-03-2012, 11:13 AM
Priority Date
:
Apr-05
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
Default Server issue

Sorry guys, something wrong with server and it did not let me add my message and then multiple got added. Not intentional. Mods. Please let me know how to get rid of dupe posts

Old 02-03-2012, 11:13 AM
Priority Date
:
Aug-04
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
greencard_ques has a reputation beyond repute greencard_ques has a reputation beyond repute greencard_ques has a reputation beyond repute greencard_ques has a reputation beyond repute greencard_ques has a reputation beyond repute greencard_ques has a reputation beyond repute greencard_ques has a reputation beyond repute greencard_ques has a reputation beyond repute greencard_ques has a reputation beyond repute greencard_ques has a reputation beyond repute greencard_ques has a reputation beyond repute
Default Thanks for your good work!

Donated $100. Confirmation Number: 31R093060T493860J

3 out of 3 members found this post helpful.
Old 02-03-2012, 11:38 AM
Priority Date
:
May-04
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
dts has a reputation beyond repute dts has a reputation beyond repute dts has a reputation beyond repute dts has a reputation beyond repute dts has a reputation beyond repute dts has a reputation beyond repute dts has a reputation beyond repute dts has a reputation beyond repute dts has a reputation beyond repute dts has a reputation beyond repute dts has a reputation beyond repute

Done AI today. Everyday calling one new person to get onboard.