Immigration Voice - Forums
Register Get Involved Contact Lawmakers Advocacy Discussion Image Image Image Image

Go Back   Immigration Voice > Immigration Voice Issues and Congressional updates > IV Agenda and Legislative Updates
Click to log in with Facebook
IV Agenda and Legislative Updates Immigration Voice's Agenda and Legislative Updates

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-19-2012, 09:02 PM
Priority Date
:
May-04
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
snthampi has a reputation beyond repute snthampi has a reputation beyond repute snthampi has a reputation beyond repute snthampi has a reputation beyond repute snthampi has a reputation beyond repute snthampi has a reputation beyond repute snthampi has a reputation beyond repute snthampi has a reputation beyond repute snthampi has a reputation beyond repute snthampi has a reputation beyond repute snthampi has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by qwerasdf View Post
Is there any other fix than HR3012 for EB3I folks?
Like USCIS autometically port the EB3 to EB2 if file is pending more than 5 years?
I think, recapturing of unused visa numbers can help.

2 out of 2 members found this post helpful.
Old 02-19-2012, 09:37 PM
Priority Date
:
Aug-05
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
09/27/2005
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
08/13/2007
Compare
lost_in_migration has a reputation beyond repute lost_in_migration has a reputation beyond repute lost_in_migration has a reputation beyond repute lost_in_migration has a reputation beyond repute lost_in_migration has a reputation beyond repute lost_in_migration has a reputation beyond repute lost_in_migration has a reputation beyond repute lost_in_migration has a reputation beyond repute lost_in_migration has a reputation beyond repute lost_in_migration has a reputation beyond repute lost_in_migration has a reputation beyond repute
Thumbs up EB3-to-EB2 upgrade. I agree

Ability to upgrade from EB3 to EB2 by filing a form and paying a fee (which can be used for training of Americans just like the fee they have for H1) for PDs older than 5 years (5 yrs because EB2 needs minimum of 5 yrs of Experience without Masters) would be extremely helpful to alleviate the pain EB3 has been going through.

I may be wrong but I believe this would be an administrative change and we may bypass congress altogether on this. Even if it needs to go to congress it may get more support due to the contribution that goes to the "Training Fund" for Americans. Also we will get support from EB3-ROW but EB2 may not like this

I tend to believe that racism is at the heart of Grassley's opposition even though he does not say so, as he is not as upfront as Steve King. After all HR 3012 helps Mexico, Philippines, China & India. All of these are Non-White countries. EB3-to-EB2 upgrade crosses race boundaries hence the racist elements in Congress won't object to this as they would do for HR 3012.

Quote:
Originally Posted by qwerasdf View Post
Is there any other fix than HR3012 for EB3I folks?
Like USCIS autometically port the EB3 to EB2 if file is pending more than 5 years?
Attended the 18th Sep rally in DC.
Sent Letters to White House and phone calls to congressmen.
Completed all action items for HR 3012 & requested friends as well.
Bookmark and Share Compare Reply With Quote

2 out of 3 members found this post helpful.
Old 02-20-2012, 10:57 AM
Priority Date
:
Category
:
N/A
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
anne_suresh has much to be proud of anne_suresh has much to be proud of anne_suresh has much to be proud of anne_suresh has much to be proud of anne_suresh has much to be proud of anne_suresh has much to be proud of anne_suresh has much to be proud of anne_suresh has much to be proud of
Default We should be given Citizenship itself

We have waited more number of years than the ones who are getting the green cards in 3-5 years after they come to the US. We are here for 15-20 years. We should be given citizenship directly. What do you think?

5 out of 5 members found this post helpful.
Old 02-20-2012, 11:07 AM
Priority Date
:
Aug-05
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
09/27/2005
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
08/13/2007
Compare
lost_in_migration has a reputation beyond repute lost_in_migration has a reputation beyond repute lost_in_migration has a reputation beyond repute lost_in_migration has a reputation beyond repute lost_in_migration has a reputation beyond repute lost_in_migration has a reputation beyond repute lost_in_migration has a reputation beyond repute lost_in_migration has a reputation beyond repute lost_in_migration has a reputation beyond repute lost_in_migration has a reputation beyond repute lost_in_migration has a reputation beyond repute

Key Republican senators sign up to Irish E3 visa bill | Irish News | IrishCentral

The addition of the two Republican Senators would move the numbers of senators in favor of the bill to a definite 58 just two short of a filibuster proof majority.

Not Sure if this is about S.1983 or just S.2005.

Old 02-20-2012, 11:11 AM
Priority Date
:
Mar-10
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
09/01/2010
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
02/29/2012
Compare
smuggymba has a reputation beyond repute smuggymba has a reputation beyond repute smuggymba has a reputation beyond repute smuggymba has a reputation beyond repute smuggymba has a reputation beyond repute smuggymba has a reputation beyond repute smuggymba has a reputation beyond repute smuggymba has a reputation beyond repute smuggymba has a reputation beyond repute smuggymba has a reputation beyond repute smuggymba has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by lost_in_migration View Post
Key Republican senators sign up to Irish E3 visa bill | Irish News | IrishCentral

The addition of the two Republican Senators would move the numbers of senators in favor of the bill to a definite 58 just two short of a filibuster proof majority.

Not Sure if this is about S.1983 or just S.2005.
What about the jewish E3 visa? I'm sure more country specific visa bills will pop up.

1 out of 1 members found this post helpful.
Old 02-20-2012, 11:30 AM
Priority Date
:
Aug-05
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
09/27/2005
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
08/13/2007
Compare

Quote:
Meanwhile Irish Central understands that Senator Chuck Grassley of Iowa. who has been opposed to the bill, has softened his stance and is now open to negotiation with Senator Brown and Democrats.
The great irony would be E3 passes without HR 3012
I would like to see E3+HR3012 pass rather than having no action on HR3012 at all, which seems more likely the case.
Under the pressure of reaching the mark of 60 within a week or so, Grassley has softened his stand on E3. He seems to have no such pressure when it comes to HR3012

Quote:
Originally Posted by smuggymba View Post
What about the jewish E3 visa? I'm sure more country specific visa bills will pop up.

Old 02-20-2012, 11:37 AM
Priority Date
:
Category
:
N/A
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
immigrant0809 has a reputation beyond repute immigrant0809 has a reputation beyond repute immigrant0809 has a reputation beyond repute immigrant0809 has a reputation beyond repute immigrant0809 has a reputation beyond repute immigrant0809 has a reputation beyond repute immigrant0809 has a reputation beyond repute immigrant0809 has a reputation beyond repute immigrant0809 has a reputation beyond repute immigrant0809 has a reputation beyond repute immigrant0809 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by smuggymba View Post
There is no Israeli E-3 Visa Bill.

The Bill benefiting Israelis concerns the E-2 category, which is a NONIMMIGRANT TRADERS AND INVESTORS visa.

Old 02-20-2012, 02:00 PM
Priority Date
:
Oct-05
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
11/05/2005
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
08/07/2007
Compare
Saralayar is infamous around these parts Saralayar is infamous around these parts Saralayar is infamous around these parts Saralayar is infamous around these parts Saralayar is infamous around these parts Saralayar is infamous around these parts Saralayar is infamous around these parts Saralayar is infamous around these parts Saralayar is infamous around these parts Saralayar is infamous around these parts Saralayar is infamous around these parts
Default You are Corect.

Quote:
Originally Posted by anne_suresh View Post
We have waited more number of years than the ones who are getting the green cards in 3-5 years after they come to the US. We are here for 15-20 years. We should be given citizenship directly. What do you think?
Yes you are correct. I started few threads in IV related to that. But unfortunately, no one is interested in those type of ideas.

Old 02-20-2012, 02:04 PM
Priority Date
:
Mar-10
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
09/01/2010
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
02/29/2012
Compare
smuggymba has a reputation beyond repute smuggymba has a reputation beyond repute smuggymba has a reputation beyond repute smuggymba has a reputation beyond repute smuggymba has a reputation beyond repute smuggymba has a reputation beyond repute smuggymba has a reputation beyond repute smuggymba has a reputation beyond repute smuggymba has a reputation beyond repute smuggymba has a reputation beyond repute smuggymba has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saralayar View Post
Yes you are correct. I started few threads in IV related to that. But unfortunately, no one is interested in those type of ideas.
Ideas are good but these are far fetched dreams.

The long pending wait on HR 3012, which passed with overwhelming support in the house and is lagging in the senate tells us that.

Old 02-20-2012, 02:11 PM
Priority Date
:
Aug-05
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
09/27/2005
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
08/13/2007
Compare

Direct Citizenship is just too much to ask. Even CIR proposals didn't bypass to give citizenship! I think even small measures like EB2 upgrade will make considerable difference.

Quote:

Old 02-20-2012, 04:33 PM
Banned
Priority Date
:
Dec-07
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
waitingnwaiting has a reputation beyond repute waitingnwaiting has a reputation beyond repute waitingnwaiting has a reputation beyond repute waitingnwaiting has a reputation beyond repute waitingnwaiting has a reputation beyond repute waitingnwaiting has a reputation beyond repute waitingnwaiting has a reputation beyond repute waitingnwaiting has a reputation beyond repute waitingnwaiting has a reputation beyond repute waitingnwaiting has a reputation beyond repute waitingnwaiting has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
If someone thinks this is a good idea, more needs to be done than starting new threads. That someone needs to take time off and meet many lawmakers many times himself in DC and see the support. Then report it here to get more people interested. Contribute many thousands of his own funds to it and lead the way in lobbying. Every day there is one new person suggesting a new idea they think will convert water into gasoline and wants someone else to work for them. See http://immigrationvoice.org/forum/fo...ml#post3255292 (President Obama Sends Startup America Legislative Agenda to Congress)
http://immigrationvoice.org/forum/fo...ml#post3261742 (EB3-I Pedictions if H.R. 3012 passed)

We need to stop being VPs and Managers of ideas and for once be actual coders of our brillant ideas.

Old 02-20-2012, 04:35 PM
Banned
Priority Date
:
Dec-07
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
waitingnwaiting has a reputation beyond repute waitingnwaiting has a reputation beyond repute waitingnwaiting has a reputation beyond repute waitingnwaiting has a reputation beyond repute waitingnwaiting has a reputation beyond repute waitingnwaiting has a reputation beyond repute waitingnwaiting has a reputation beyond repute waitingnwaiting has a reputation beyond repute waitingnwaiting has a reputation beyond repute waitingnwaiting has a reputation beyond repute waitingnwaiting has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Direct Citizenship is just too much to ask. Even CIR proposals didn't bypass to give citizenship! I think even small measures like EB2 upgrade will make considerable difference.
How about upgrading everyone to EB1. Why just EB2?

1 out of 2 members found this post helpful.
Old 02-20-2012, 05:26 PM
Priority Date
:
Nov-02
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
I-140+I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
gcnov2002 has a reputation beyond repute gcnov2002 has a reputation beyond repute gcnov2002 has a reputation beyond repute gcnov2002 has a reputation beyond repute gcnov2002 has a reputation beyond repute gcnov2002 has a reputation beyond repute gcnov2002 has a reputation beyond repute gcnov2002 has a reputation beyond repute gcnov2002 has a reputation beyond repute gcnov2002 has a reputation beyond repute gcnov2002 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Ability to upgrade from EB3 to EB2 by filing a form and paying a fee (which can be used for training of Americans just like the fee they have for H1) for PDs older than 5 years (5 yrs because EB2 needs minimum of 5 yrs of Experience without Masters) would be extremely helpful to alleviate the pain EB3 has been going through.

I may be wrong but I believe this would be an administrative change and we may bypass congress altogether on this. Even if it needs to go to congress it may get more support due to the contribution that goes to the "Training Fund" for Americans. Also we will get support from EB3-ROW but EB2 may not like this

I tend to believe that racism is at the heart of Grassley's opposition even though he does not say so, as he is not as upfront as Steve King. After all HR 3012 helps Mexico, Philippines, China & India. All of these are Non-White countries. EB3-to-EB2 upgrade crosses race boundaries hence the racist elements in Congress won't object to this as they would do for HR 3012.
You are forgetting that EB2-India would not support this.. Some of them were posting messages on these boards protesting that EB3 porting to EB2 is allowed at all.. We will see the same reaction to this proposal from them as we are seeing from ROW guys now..
Who wants to see their advantage taken away ?

Old 07-16-2012, 02:17 PM
Priority Date
:
Category
:
N/A
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
super25 is infamous around these parts super25 is infamous around these parts super25 is infamous around these parts super25 is infamous around these parts super25 is infamous around these parts super25 is infamous around these parts super25 is infamous around these parts
Default Hold Lifted

Now that senate has lifted the hold, what is the current situation for EB3 India?

1 out of 3 members found this post helpful.
Old 07-16-2012, 02:35 PM
Administrator
Priority Date
:
Mar-06
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
05/06/2006
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
06/29/2007
Compare
pappu has a reputation beyond repute pappu has a reputation beyond repute pappu has a reputation beyond repute pappu has a reputation beyond repute pappu has a reputation beyond repute pappu has a reputation beyond repute pappu has a reputation beyond repute pappu has a reputation beyond repute pappu has a reputation beyond repute pappu has a reputation beyond repute pappu has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by super25 View Post
Now that senate has lifted the hold, what is the current situation for EB3 India?
Situation for EB3 India is same as it was before. Lifting the hold does not mean bill has passed.

Let us not count chickens before they are hatched. The next step is participating in action items and getting the bill passed. We need everyone's time and attention to accomplish that. Let us not get distracted.

Facebook | YouTube | Twitter | Mailing List

===================
I do not give legal advice. You can pay and get it from Lawyers. Just show me some love and click the links above to help ImmigrationVoice any way you choose.
-----------

Last edited by pappu; 07-16-2012 at 02:55 PM.

3 out of 3 members found this post helpful.