Immigration Voice - Forums
Register Get Involved Contact Lawmakers Advocacy Discussion Image Image Image Image

Go Back   Immigration Voice > Immigration Voice Issues and Congressional updates > IV Agenda and Legislative Updates
Click to log in with Facebook
IV Agenda and Legislative Updates Immigration Voice's Agenda and Legislative Updates

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-17-2007, 04:01 PM
Priority Date
:
Sep-04
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
09/01/2005
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/24/2007
Compare
logiclife has a reputation beyond repute logiclife has a reputation beyond repute logiclife has a reputation beyond repute logiclife has a reputation beyond repute logiclife has a reputation beyond repute logiclife has a reputation beyond repute logiclife has a reputation beyond repute logiclife has a reputation beyond repute logiclife has a reputation beyond repute logiclife has a reputation beyond repute logiclife has a reputation beyond repute
Default Timing

There is such a thing as Timing.

We all know that contributions reach peak time when Immigration debate is on CSPAN.

But what most people must realize is that when the bills are debated on the committees and floors, its too difficult at that later stage to make difference.
At that stage first of all you need a sponsor for your amendment, then you need the majority/minority leader to allow floor time for debate on that amendment and then you need votes to get the amendment passed.

Getting things done before committee level, in the original text requires action now, NOW IS THE TIME, when you dont hear about immigration in the news, but behind the scenes, things are happening.

So if you are holding on to your contributions until you start seeing debate and action on the hill, chances are that it will be late at the time and then those funds cannot be translated into usable resources.

Things take time and planning ahead of time and working ahead of time is something that highly skilled professionals must value.

If we start hearing rumour of layoff, we start looking for jobs...right? Or do we wait until we are actually laid off and on the streets?

Its the call of overall 8400 membership. Perhaps the membership, with its slow response, is sending a message that core group is wasting its time doing all this and we should shut down and go on with our lives. If that is the case, then that is fine too. I guess we will know in the next month or so.
Bookmark and Share Compare

Old 01-17-2007, 04:05 PM
Priority Date
:
Sep-05
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Nepal
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
GCard_Dream has a brilliant future GCard_Dream has a brilliant future GCard_Dream has a brilliant future GCard_Dream has a brilliant future GCard_Dream has a brilliant future GCard_Dream has a brilliant future GCard_Dream has a brilliant future GCard_Dream has a brilliant future GCard_Dream has a brilliant future GCard_Dream has a brilliant future GCard_Dream has a brilliant future
Default Let's be smart about this.

I can understand your frustration and I am also surprised by the very slow response. As crucial as this year is for immigration reform, if members aren't committed for immigration reform and aren't helping monetarily and every other way possible, the GC saga will continue for years to come.

I thought everyone in this forum is high skilled and very well educated. Well that may be but if members who think that just checking this site for updates and not contributing for the cause in anyway will eventually bring the relief are not very smart, aren't thinking right.

Hoping for the best and just checking updates isn't the answer to retrogression; contribution is.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pappu

Yes it is upto members if they want this process to be like the greencard process and we can wait for years to get a bill passed. We represent a community of highly skilled and get paid above average (than average american) but If we want 20 opinions per month on what IV should focus on, we can get those right away. However $20 per month is difficult.
IV really want to go all out and use all resources to get the bill passed. We cannot do it without the support of all members.Pls. Visit this page http://immigrationvoice.org/index.ph...d=26&Itemid=25
and start contributing today.

Old 01-17-2007, 04:07 PM
Priority Date
:
Sep-05
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
10/01/2005
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
06/30/2007
Compare
pcs has a reputation beyond repute pcs has a reputation beyond repute pcs has a reputation beyond repute pcs has a reputation beyond repute pcs has a reputation beyond repute pcs has a reputation beyond repute pcs has a reputation beyond repute pcs has a reputation beyond repute pcs has a reputation beyond repute pcs has a reputation beyond repute pcs has a reputation beyond repute
Default Anurakt please be patient & have some hope !!!!

I have seen IV grow from scratch & the progress is very impressive. We will get better response but we will not achieve any +ve results by calling people " beggars". I am sure, you said it out of frustation & may want Admin to delete your post, which has good intent but not so good language

Let us divide among ourselves & make 10 calls ( by each of us) to each individual, who has contributed in the past BUT has not signed for the monthly contribution..

I am quite sure, people, who contributed once will sign up once called by us.

My guess is .... we should be able to get 1000 contributing guys if we call these people.

Regards

Old 01-17-2007, 04:08 PM
Priority Date
:
Apr-07
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
07/25/2007
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/17/2007
Compare
anurakt has a spectacular aura about anurakt has a spectacular aura about anurakt has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Originally Posted by anurakt
Well Said Pappu, if you ask for people to ask IV for updates 20 times a day, we will get thousands of contributions ...but when it comes to money to support the cause .....all these beggers (yes beggers ! ) don't show the faces. These people call themselves high skilled , I call them high skilled beggers ...they want everything without contributing a cent .... shame on you beggers ... Please go back to your country , you won't get GC.....
Shameless creatures, not even a single guy came and blasted me out for such comments ..! This means that I am telling the truth. You guys don't even have any self dignity left to come and face off with me.

Contributed so far : $1100
Current Contribution : $100 per month
Pledge : Will donate $500 if we meet the following targets 20$ of 200 and 50$ 100 and 100$ 20 members.

Old 01-17-2007, 04:09 PM
Priority Date
:
N/A
Category
:
N/A
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
N/A
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
ufo2002 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by sanju
waitingGC, Well said. Your assessment about this group of people may be correct. These are mostly apathy-stricken people with indifferent attitudes towards the events and surroundings around them. No change can be made with such an attitude. If it were for such lazy people, no revolution/change could have been organized and this world would still be be under imperialistic forces. Sloth is the biggest sin and an example to sloth is well demonstrated by the behavior of these people who refuse to participate.
Equating revolution against an imperialist / occupying forces with this cause for a green card is hardly comparable. If my country was invaded, I will definitely do everything I can to resist and fight. Do people spill blood and die for a GC here? Do you know what a GC is? It is essentially a piece of paper that says you have permission to live, work, re-enter the country freely (just one step short of voting rights).

Sloth is one of the 7 sins, and so is Vanity. I admire and respect people who are contributing to the IV cause, but you don't have to beat down on people who don't contribute. We all have our reasons for doing things our own way. Respect that, and people respect you.

Old 01-17-2007, 04:18 PM
Priority Date
:
Sep-05
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Nepal
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
GCard_Dream has a brilliant future GCard_Dream has a brilliant future GCard_Dream has a brilliant future GCard_Dream has a brilliant future GCard_Dream has a brilliant future GCard_Dream has a brilliant future GCard_Dream has a brilliant future GCard_Dream has a brilliant future GCard_Dream has a brilliant future GCard_Dream has a brilliant future GCard_Dream has a brilliant future

anurakt,

The intent of the message is appropriate but the presentation isn't. I know core team is very frustrated with the lack to contribution and it's perfectly understandable but language like this will only turn more people off and that won't help anyone.

I agree with the post earlier that may be you should just delete your post for the good of the community and I am sure you know that.

Old 01-17-2007, 04:19 PM
Priority Date
:
N/A
Category
:
N/A
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
N/A
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
richi121175 is on a distinguished road
Default private msg quota full

I tried to send you something in a private msg but your quota is full
Quote:
Shameless creatures, not even a single guy came and blasted me out for such comments ..! This means that I am telling the truth. You guys don't even have any self dignity left to come and face off with me.

Old 01-17-2007, 04:25 PM
Priority Date
:
Dec-04
Category
:
N/A
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
N/A
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
abcdefgh is on a distinguished road

Just on a positive note of contribution thread and efforts, I just wanted to raise a voice whether we have put enough effort in reaching and notifying members about contribution and retrogression awareness. Not from any side, I see IV's efforts are less but question still arise is "Have we put enough effort in reaching to members about contribution?" Pardon me if I am being too pushy on our contribution initiative. But as I understand to sell an idea, we need to be real pushy. Please post any idea which require volunteer work to reach the members and ask them contribute. I am open to work on it.

Last edited by abcdefgh; 01-17-2007 at 04:30 PM.

Old 01-17-2007, 04:29 PM
Priority Date
:
Apr-07
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
07/25/2007
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/17/2007
Compare
anurakt has a spectacular aura about anurakt has a spectacular aura about anurakt has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Originally Posted by richi121175
I tried to send you something in a private msg but your quota is full

Please send me a message if you have contributed. I don't want to any non-contrbuting members.... The day is not far when IV will have a cease operations due to non-contributing members. !!

ONE THING IS FOR SURE, EITHER IT'S THIS YEAR OR NEVER ....CHOICE IS YOURS

Contributed so far : $1100
Current Contribution : $100 per month
Pledge : Will donate $500 if we meet the following targets 20$ of 200 and 50$ 100 and 100$ 20 members.

Old 01-17-2007, 04:38 PM
Priority Date
:
N/A
Category
:
N/A
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
N/A
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
richi121175 is on a distinguished road

Sent PM... and FYI... I am not a non-contributor as well
Quote:
Please send me a message if you have contributed. I don't want to any non-contrbuting members.... The day is not far when IV will have a cease operations due to non-contributing members. !!

ONE THING IS FOR SURE, EITHER IT'S THIS YEAR OR NEVER ....CHOICE IS YOURS

Old 01-17-2007, 04:54 PM
Priority Date
:
N/A
Category
:
N/A
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Armenia
Processing Stage
:
N/A
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
samrat_bhargava_vihari is infamous around these parts samrat_bhargava_vihari is infamous around these parts
Thumbs up

Came to know about this and signed up for 20$.

-Samrat

Old 01-17-2007, 04:55 PM
Priority Date
:
Sep-06
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
sumansk is on a distinguished road

Just Made a my Contribution.

Thanks
"Rally contribution-$100.00"

Old 01-17-2007, 04:59 PM
Donor
Priority Date
:
Apr-06
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
06/30/2007
Compare
Rajeev has a reputation beyond repute Rajeev has a reputation beyond repute Rajeev has a reputation beyond repute Rajeev has a reputation beyond repute Rajeev has a reputation beyond repute Rajeev has a reputation beyond repute Rajeev has a reputation beyond repute Rajeev has a reputation beyond repute Rajeev has a reputation beyond repute Rajeev has a reputation beyond repute Rajeev has a reputation beyond repute
Default Contribution

I just signed up for a monthly contribution of $20.

Also contributed $100 in Dec 06.

Old 01-17-2007, 05:00 PM
Priority Date
:
Nov-05
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
ujjvalkoul will become famous soon enough

The Monthly newsletter that IV sent out may not be enough.....some people do not even read that...Subject line may have to be more urgent.....so that people take notice of the dire situation we are in in terms of funds....

Can IV Core send email to every member to contribute one time or recurring...in a separate email

Old 01-17-2007, 05:02 PM
Priority Date
:
Feb-06
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
10/10/2006
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/12/2007
Compare
breddy2000 is infamous around these parts breddy2000 is infamous around these parts breddy2000 is infamous around these parts breddy2000 is infamous around these parts breddy2000 is infamous around these parts breddy2000 is infamous around these parts breddy2000 is infamous around these parts breddy2000 is infamous around these parts breddy2000 is infamous around these parts breddy2000 is infamous around these parts breddy2000 is infamous around these parts
Default Started My contribution $20 Monthly

Started to contribute $20 monthly.
Already contributed $200 earlier

Closed Thread