Immigration Voice - Forums
Register Get Involved Contact Lawmakers Advocacy Discussion Image Image Image Image

Go Back   Immigration Voice > Immigration Voice Issues and Congressional updates > IV Agenda and Legislative Updates
Click to log in with Facebook
IV Agenda and Legislative Updates Immigration Voice's Agenda and Legislative Updates

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-17-2007, 03:06 PM
Priority Date
:
Sep-04
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
09/01/2005
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/24/2007
Compare
logiclife has a reputation beyond repute logiclife has a reputation beyond repute logiclife has a reputation beyond repute logiclife has a reputation beyond repute logiclife has a reputation beyond repute logiclife has a reputation beyond repute logiclife has a reputation beyond repute logiclife has a reputation beyond repute logiclife has a reputation beyond repute logiclife has a reputation beyond repute logiclife has a reputation beyond repute
Default Is the core group wasting its time...let us know.

We started the recurring contributions system Monday night and we sent out emails to 8400 individuals in addition to posting on this site.

Out of 8400, we have nearly a whopping 35 people signed up for recurring contributions. This is below the lowest of low expectations.

There is such a thing as Timing.

We all know that contributions reach peak time when Immigration debate is on CSPAN.

But what most people must realize is that when the bills are debated on the committees and floors, its too difficult at that later stage to make difference.
At that stage first of all you need a sponsor for your amendment, then you need the majority/minority leader to allow floor time for debate on that amendment and then you need votes to get the amendment passed.

Getting things done before committee level, in the original text requires action now, NOW IS THE TIME, when you dont hear about immigration in the news, but behind the scenes, things are happening.

So if you are holding on to your contributions until you start seeing debate and action on the hill, chances are that it will be late at the time and then those funds cannot be translated into usable resources.

Things take time and planning ahead of time and working ahead of time is something that highly skilled professionals must value.

If we start hearing rumours of layoff, we start looking for jobs...right? Or do we wait until we are actually laid off and on the streets? Why cant we be working ahead of time when it comes to this organization's efforts??????

What is your message to core group?

Its the call of overall 8400 membership. Perhaps the membership, with its slow response, is sending a message that core group is wasting its time doing all this and we should shut down and go on with our lives. If that is the case, then that is fine too. All these efforts of maintaing the website, travelling to DC, maintaining the relationship with our lobbyist and a half a dozen allies....all this takes time and energy. If we dont have support then I guess the core group is the most idiot group of half a million highly skilled immigrants wasting its time.

One way or the other...I guess we will know in the next month or so.
Bookmark and Share Compare

Old 01-17-2007, 03:15 PM
Priority Date
:
Sep-05
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
10/01/2005
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
06/30/2007
Compare
pcs has a reputation beyond repute pcs has a reputation beyond repute pcs has a reputation beyond repute pcs has a reputation beyond repute pcs has a reputation beyond repute pcs has a reputation beyond repute pcs has a reputation beyond repute pcs has a reputation beyond repute pcs has a reputation beyond repute pcs has a reputation beyond repute pcs has a reputation beyond repute
Default A thought !!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Can a member, who has not signed up for monthly .... logs in ..... get a BOLD but polite message to sign up for monthly contribution.... It will help

I do not know the complexity of this job

Old 01-17-2007, 03:22 PM
Priority Date
:
Mar-03
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
04/25/2007
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140+I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
06/24/2007
Compare
ChainReaction is on a distinguished road
Default What about this option?

I have signed with my bank online payment option to make recurrent payment to IV ... should i cancel that option and pay via paypal ?

__________________________________________________ __________
Contributed $175 and signed up for $20 /month via online bank payment option

Old 01-17-2007, 03:27 PM
Priority Date
:
N/A
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
N/A
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
amitga has much to be proud of amitga has much to be proud of amitga has much to be proud of amitga has much to be proud of amitga has much to be proud of amitga has much to be proud of amitga has much to be proud of amitga has much to be proud of amitga has much to be proud of

At least 50% i.e. 4000 members should sign up for some monthly contribution.

Old 01-17-2007, 03:28 PM
Priority Date
:
Aug-05
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
12/20/2005
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
12/20/2005
Compare
pitha has a brilliant future pitha has a brilliant future pitha has a brilliant future pitha has a brilliant future pitha has a brilliant future pitha has a brilliant future pitha has a brilliant future pitha has a brilliant future pitha has a brilliant future pitha has a brilliant future pitha has a brilliant future

I just signed up for a recurring 20$ payment. Should havve signed up yesterday itself. Hope others follow

Old 01-17-2007, 03:29 PM
Priority Date
:
Jun-06
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
China
Processing Stage
:
I-140
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
yawl can only hope to improve

I just signed up the recurring contribution. Most of the our members can afford $20 or $50 or $100 per month, and the immigrantion reform is such an important issue in our life. Please act in this critical time!

Old 01-17-2007, 03:35 PM
Priority Date
:
Jan-04
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
03/14/2005
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
06/01/2007
Compare
Prashant is a splendid one to behold Prashant is a splendid one to behold Prashant is a splendid one to behold Prashant is a splendid one to behold Prashant is a splendid one to behold Prashant is a splendid one to behold Prashant is a splendid one to behold
Default This is what I think

Total Contribution so far: $225
I will sign up for $50/month today by 9PM central..

I have pursuaded people ("friends") to join and contribute but all they say is I will .. never seen one do it .. ashamed of 'em ...I dont really understand why people are so hesitant to contribute. We need a group effort my 50 dollars a month will achieve nothing unless lot of people do the same.

I contribute for my benifit you do it for yours.

Old 01-17-2007, 03:37 PM
Priority Date
:
N/A
Category
:
N/A
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
Labor Certification
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
arupkumarsaha is on a distinguished road

I just signed up for a recurring 20$ payment. Will try to get in more ppl

Old 01-17-2007, 03:38 PM
Priority Date
:
May-01
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
Labor Certification
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
days_go_by is on a distinguished road

It is also important for us to realize if we let go of this opportunity we could be in for a very very long wait.
When IV was not there, we had no hopes, no one could do anything, now IV and the volunteers have taken the initiative, least we can do is support them.
We all deserve a better life and more respect in this country.
Next few months are most critical for us, please take a step forward and contribute.
It is not a forever contribution, next 6 months are most important. You also have the option to cancel ur subscription when u want.

Old 01-17-2007, 03:38 PM
Priority Date
:
Feb-06
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
10/10/2006
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/12/2007
Compare
breddy2000 is infamous around these parts breddy2000 is infamous around these parts breddy2000 is infamous around these parts breddy2000 is infamous around these parts breddy2000 is infamous around these parts breddy2000 is infamous around these parts breddy2000 is infamous around these parts breddy2000 is infamous around these parts breddy2000 is infamous around these parts breddy2000 is infamous around these parts breddy2000 is infamous around these parts
Default Started My contribution $20 Monthly

Just now created and signed for $20 monthly through my bank account.
Already contributed $200 earlier.

Pls contribute guys...We need to motivate others to contribute as well..

Old 01-17-2007, 03:40 PM
Priority Date
:
Sep-05
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Nepal
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
GCard_Dream has a brilliant future GCard_Dream has a brilliant future GCard_Dream has a brilliant future GCard_Dream has a brilliant future GCard_Dream has a brilliant future GCard_Dream has a brilliant future GCard_Dream has a brilliant future GCard_Dream has a brilliant future GCard_Dream has a brilliant future GCard_Dream has a brilliant future GCard_Dream has a brilliant future

I don't think it should really matter as long as payment is received by IV.

If you do decide to switch to paypal, can you also make that $50/month .. .. just kidding.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChainReaction
I have signed with my bank online payment option to make recurrent payment to IV ... should i cancel that option and pay via paypal ?

Old 01-17-2007, 03:54 PM
Priority Date
:
Nov-05
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
ujjvalkoul will become famous soon enough

Why does IV prefer Recurring contributions..? to one time contributions?

Havebeen away for a while...seems like IV is on IV (Intra Venous) for Survival......C'mon guys...$100 bucks over 5 months will not be much....its a dinner out (Buffet) for 2...which almost everyone goes out for twice a month...

Signed up for $20/mo

Old 01-17-2007, 04:04 PM
Donor
Priority Date
:
May-03
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
12/13/2006
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/01/2007
Compare
Pineapple has much to be proud of Pineapple has much to be proud of Pineapple has much to be proud of Pineapple has much to be proud of Pineapple has much to be proud of Pineapple has much to be proud of Pineapple has much to be proud of Pineapple has much to be proud of Pineapple has much to be proud of Pineapple has much to be proud of

I believe it was not just IV, but also "public demand" which triggered the monthly contributions thing.
Plus, there are practical benifits: People contribute more over the year if they are paying small amounts monthly (This is the very reason for existence of loans and credit )
Plus, it evens out the cash flow for IV and makes it more predictable.

Good job IV.. I have signed up for $ 20.. will up it later (I have serious expenses coming up in the short term ) Of course, my pledge to contribute 5 % of my tax returns still stands independent of all this.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ujjvalkoul
Why does IV prefer Recurring contributions..? to one time contributions?

Old 01-17-2007, 04:11 PM
Priority Date
:
Feb-06
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
11/01/2006
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/02/2007
Compare
sbeyyala is on a distinguished road
Default signed up

signed up for $20 per month though paypal.

Old 01-17-2007, 04:11 PM
Priority Date
:
Nov-05
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
ujjvalkoul will become famous soon enough

It is really dissapointing to see only 0.1 percent contributing.......c'mon guys...it is for ur future.....!!

IV Colorado State Chapter @ http://groups.yahoo.com/coloradoiv
Contributed $600 and contributing $20/mo

Closed Thread