Immigration Voice - Forums
Register Get Involved Contact Lawmakers Advocacy Discussion Image Image Image Image

Go Back   Immigration Voice > Immigration Voice Issues and Congressional updates > IV Agenda and Legislative Updates
Click to log in with Facebook
IV Agenda and Legislative Updates Immigration Voice's Agenda and Legislative Updates

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-17-2012, 09:52 AM
Priority Date
:
Jul-04
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
06/11/2007
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/25/2007
Compare
immigrant2007 has a reputation beyond repute immigrant2007 has a reputation beyond repute immigrant2007 has a reputation beyond repute immigrant2007 has a reputation beyond repute immigrant2007 has a reputation beyond repute immigrant2007 has a reputation beyond repute immigrant2007 has a reputation beyond repute immigrant2007 has a reputation beyond repute immigrant2007 has a reputation beyond repute immigrant2007 has a reputation beyond repute immigrant2007 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunny1000 View Post
That did not happen in 2009 when Dems had the majority in the house, 60 votes in the Senate and the White House. Dems had control from 2006 to 2008 when W was the the President and he was willing to make compromises. But, the Hispanic Caucus said "my way or the highway". This is a "do nothing" congress no matter which party is in control as niether one of them want to compromise.
DEMS are only interested in mass votes (CIR) nothing else interests them as a team
Bookmark and Share Compare Reply With Quote

Old 05-22-2012, 09:17 AM
Priority Date
:
Jun-06
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
DallasBlue has a brilliant future DallasBlue has a brilliant future DallasBlue has a brilliant future DallasBlue has a brilliant future DallasBlue has a brilliant future DallasBlue has a brilliant future DallasBlue has a brilliant future DallasBlue has a brilliant future DallasBlue has a brilliant future DallasBlue has a brilliant future DallasBlue has a brilliant future
Default call and thank senator Cornyn

Please call the senator Cornyn's office and say "am calling in to thank Senator for introducing the STAR bill and request Senator Cornyn to support S.1857/H.R.3012 and PASS it in senate, this bill was a provision in his erst while introduced SKIL Bill. passing this would help many who have been waiting in queue for decades to move on to pursue the American dream of running their own enterprises , research labs and gives them job mobility etc ultimately to improve the US economy"

District Office
Washington DC
517 Hart Senate Office Bldg.
Washington, DC 20510
Tel: 202-224-2934

Old 05-22-2012, 03:38 PM
Priority Date
:
N/A
Category
:
EB1C
I140 Mailed Date
:
12/25/2013
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140+I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
12/25/2013
Compare
go_guy123 has a reputation beyond repute go_guy123 has a reputation beyond repute go_guy123 has a reputation beyond repute go_guy123 has a reputation beyond repute go_guy123 has a reputation beyond repute go_guy123 has a reputation beyond repute go_guy123 has a reputation beyond repute go_guy123 has a reputation beyond repute go_guy123 has a reputation beyond repute go_guy123 has a reputation beyond repute go_guy123 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by immgrat View Post
Does it have any approach stop DV-2013 visa even DV-2013 winners have been selected?

Does it possible to cut budget in Appropriation bills, or Budget for Fiscal Year 2013?
Diversity Visa is another vote bank for Democratic party. This bill is going nowhere.
Diversity Visa followed by the family based chain immigration are a big potential voters
for Democratic party.
HR 3012 is the easiest to pass technically (least resistance) and even that one failed. Pretty much one senator can veto the bill. It needs filibuster proof majority.

But I personally believe it was Democractic party that was dragging foot.....and not that keen or interested in it. How can they leave the hostages (ie skilled immigrants) without getting the dream act passed.

1 out of 1 members found this post helpful.
Old 05-23-2012, 03:19 PM
Donor
Priority Date
:
Nov-10
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
Labor Certification
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
dhakaldoo has a reputation beyond repute dhakaldoo has a reputation beyond repute dhakaldoo has a reputation beyond repute dhakaldoo has a reputation beyond repute dhakaldoo has a reputation beyond repute dhakaldoo has a reputation beyond repute dhakaldoo has a reputation beyond repute dhakaldoo has a reputation beyond repute dhakaldoo has a reputation beyond repute dhakaldoo has a reputation beyond repute dhakaldoo has a reputation beyond repute
Default Be positive.

Even though none of these bills have a chance of passing and becoming a law in this environment, its just feels good to see that the legal immigration issues are getting some attention.
We just have to keep trying with small steps like HR 3012. It is obvious for someone to wonder that if such a simple technical fix faces so many hurdles how will these big comprehensive bills pass. But the answer is Politics, which common people like us dont understand.
But we have to keep trying. The vote bank politics will still be there but, through bills such as HR 3012 the people in Washington are now at-least aware of the flaws in the system. I hope that they will pass the bill soon.
Keep faith friends. Keep supporting IV. Volunteer to meet the senators. I am sure it will help!

Old 05-23-2012, 03:21 PM
Donor
Priority Date
:
Nov-10
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
Labor Certification
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
dhakaldoo has a reputation beyond repute dhakaldoo has a reputation beyond repute dhakaldoo has a reputation beyond repute dhakaldoo has a reputation beyond repute dhakaldoo has a reputation beyond repute dhakaldoo has a reputation beyond repute dhakaldoo has a reputation beyond repute dhakaldoo has a reputation beyond repute dhakaldoo has a reputation beyond repute dhakaldoo has a reputation beyond repute dhakaldoo has a reputation beyond repute
Default Be positive.

Even though none of these bills have a chance of passing and becoming a law in this environment, its just feels good to see that the legal immigration issues are getting some attention.
We just have to keep trying with small steps like HR 3012. It is obvious for someone to wonder that if such a simple technical fix faces so many hurdles how will these big comprehensive bills pass. But the answer is Politics, which common people like us dont understand.
But we have to keep trying. The vote bank politics will still be there but, through bills such as HR 3012 the people in Washington are now at-least aware of the flaws in the system. I hope that they will pass the bill soon.
Keep faith friends. Keep supporting IV. Volunteer to meet the senators. I am sure it will help!

Old 05-23-2012, 03:41 PM
Donor
Priority Date
:
Nov-10
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
Labor Certification
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare

Sorry about the double post! seems like a system glitch!