Immigration Voice - Forums
Register Get Involved Contact Lawmakers Advocacy Discussion Image Image Image Image

Go Back   Immigration Voice > Immigration Voice Issues and Congressional updates > IV Agenda and Legislative Updates
Click to log in with Facebook
IV Agenda and Legislative Updates Immigration Voice's Agenda and Legislative Updates

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-29-2012, 07:25 PM
Priority Date
:
Category
:
N/A
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
honest123 is infamous around these parts honest123 is infamous around these parts honest123 is infamous around these parts honest123 is infamous around these parts honest123 is infamous around these parts honest123 is infamous around these parts honest123 is infamous around these parts honest123 is infamous around these parts honest123 is infamous around these parts honest123 is infamous around these parts honest123 is infamous around these parts
Default If it works better????????????????????????????

Personally I do think granting green cards to hi-tech workers are great and let them stay to buy house and via broad demand of services and products to create more jobs to boost up national economy. However, this is NOT covered all Science Graduates and some Science graduates are out of US due to get stuck in the H-1B quota or due to sudden laid off from US employers due to bad economy and back home. Some those Science graduates are from wealthy families too and they have money to set up companies in US but get stuck in the green card process and back home.

So to be fair, I do think the annual 55,000 quota inside the old DV-lottery should NOT be sponsored by US employers. Instead, every qualified US Science graduates should enrol online by "first come, first served basis" regardless whether you are in US or whether you have a US job offer or not. Then the another annual 140,000 employment-based green cards should be automatically upgraded if you have a US job offer or if you have at least 3-6 years H-1B working history to get those green cards even though at the time you applied those green cards you are unlucky to be laid off by US employers.

For the start-up visa, it should be divided into US Science Graduates category or non-US Science category. For US Science Graduates category, each graduate should bring at least US$200,000 to US for starting his or her own company and hire 1-5 Americans. For non-US Science Category, each should bring at least US$500,000 to hire 5-10 Americans---similar to EB-5.

So under this situation, the employment-based 140,000 annual quota plus the annual 55,000 quota inside DV-lottery (but later cancelled to rename another new visa) is still the same----NO additional green cards are issued and this will NOT affect Americans jobless statistics.

For the start-up visa, those people bring money in and set up companies to hire Americans and this will benefit the whole national economy.

How do you think this proposal?????????? Do you think it works fairly to cover all types of Science graduates? If this works, I hope some bills have created by some Senators will be changed for better future of visa distribution to those Science graduates. If it is NOT working, please correct my idea!! Thanks a lot !!
Bookmark and Share Compare Reply With Quote

Old 05-29-2012, 08:23 PM
Priority Date
:
Apr-04
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/17/2007
Compare
open.247 is infamous around these parts open.247 is infamous around these parts open.247 is infamous around these parts open.247 is infamous around these parts open.247 is infamous around these parts open.247 is infamous around these parts open.247 is infamous around these parts
Smile agree with you. EB3 backlog need to be addressed now

Quote:
Originally Posted by gc_check View Post
It is good to see "Bills Introduced", but none of these new bills appear to address the "problem in hand" with backlogs in EB based immigration. Yes, it will help few get on other line and free up some numbers subject to CAP, but does not do enough to address the worst affected EB backlogs. Again it is just a Bill introduced, Not sure how far it can go in an election year congress. Any relief for EB immigration is welcome. Hope one of these bills gets through the congress for the President to sign. At the same time, hope the E3 mess is getting attention as well.
Hi
I agree with you EB3 Backlog need to be cleaned first before . I understand new people want to come and setteled . But people who are rotting their lives in USA from last 12 years in these backloged categories. has to be taken care first and then new people can be brought in to grind.

Old 05-29-2012, 08:24 PM
Priority Date
:
Apr-04
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/17/2007
Compare
open.247 is infamous around these parts open.247 is infamous around these parts open.247 is infamous around these parts open.247 is infamous around these parts open.247 is infamous around these parts open.247 is infamous around these parts open.247 is infamous around these parts
Default agree with you. EB3 backlog need to be addressed now

Quote:
It is good to see "Bills Introduced", but none of these new bills appear to address the "problem in hand" with backlogs in EB based immigration. Yes, it will help few get on other line and free up some numbers subject to CAP, but does not do enough to address the worst affected EB backlogs. Again it is just a Bill introduced, Not sure how far it can go in an election year congress. Any relief for EB immigration is welcome. Hope one of these bills gets through the congress for the President to sign. At the same time, hope the E3 mess is getting attention as well.
Hi
I agree with you EB3 Backlog need to be cleaned first before . I understand new people want to come and settled . But people who are rotting their lives in USA from last 12 years in these backloged categories. has to be taken care first and then new people can be brought in to grind.

Old 05-29-2012, 08:28 PM
Priority Date
:
Apr-04
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/17/2007
Compare
Arrow agree with you. EB3 backlog need to be addressed now

Quote:
Hi
I agree with you EB3 Backlog need to be cleaned first before . I understand new people want to come and settled . But people who are rotting their lives in USA from last 12 years in these backloged categories. has to be taken care first and then new people can be brought in to grind.