Immigration Voice - Forums
Register Get Involved Contact Lawmakers Advocacy Discussion Image Image Image Image

Go Back   Immigration Voice > Immigration Voice Issues and Congressional updates > IV Agenda and Legislative Updates
Click to log in with Facebook
IV Agenda and Legislative Updates Immigration Voice's Agenda and Legislative Updates

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-27-2012, 05:17 PM
Priority Date
:
N/A
Category
:
N/A
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
N/A
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
greyhair has a reputation beyond repute greyhair has a reputation beyond repute greyhair has a reputation beyond repute greyhair has a reputation beyond repute greyhair has a reputation beyond repute greyhair has a reputation beyond repute greyhair has a reputation beyond repute greyhair has a reputation beyond repute greyhair has a reputation beyond repute greyhair has a reputation beyond repute greyhair has a reputation beyond repute
Default Why can't Fox News give credit to 'India teen...'

Why can't Fox News just say that this is Indian kid living in and he migrated to Germany with his parents who are on work visa in Germany? Why do they have to come up with incorrect headline that a "German teen..." why can't the reporter tell the truth saying 'Indian teen..."?

German teen solves 300-year-old mathematical riddle posed by Sir Isaac Newton | Fox News

There is no doubt that the teen was born in India and he is still holding Indian passport. Why can't the Western press ever give due credit to someone from "Indian" sub-continent?

We all know that HR3012 is dead. But if this teen's father would have decided to come to US, he would still be waiting for his green card because of per-country limits.
Bookmark and Share Compare Reply With Quote

Old 05-27-2012, 05:55 PM
Priority Date
:
Dec-07
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
N/A
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
gk_2000 has a reputation beyond repute gk_2000 has a reputation beyond repute gk_2000 has a reputation beyond repute gk_2000 has a reputation beyond repute gk_2000 has a reputation beyond repute gk_2000 has a reputation beyond repute gk_2000 has a reputation beyond repute gk_2000 has a reputation beyond repute gk_2000 has a reputation beyond repute gk_2000 has a reputation beyond repute gk_2000 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by greyhair View Post
Why can't Fox News just say that this is Indian kid living in and he migrated to Germany with his parents who are on work visa in Germany? Why do they have to come up with incorrect headline that a "German teen..." why can't the reporter tell the truth saying 'Indian teen..."?

German teen solves 300-year-old mathematical riddle posed by Sir Isaac Newton | Fox News

There is no doubt that the teen was born in India and he is still holding Indian passport. Why can't the Western press ever give due credit to someone from "Indian" sub-continent?

We all know that HR3012 is dead. But if this teen's father would have decided to come to US, he would still be waiting for his green card because of per-country limits.
Good catch -- but they couldn't avoid saying Indian teen in the article, so anyone who reads it will end up with: Ohhh it's the f*kg INDIA yet again and -- because that is fox audience

Old 05-27-2012, 07:43 PM
Priority Date
:
Category
:
N/A
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
senram is infamous around these parts senram is infamous around these parts senram is infamous around these parts senram is infamous around these parts senram is infamous around these parts senram is infamous around these parts senram is infamous around these parts senram is infamous around these parts senram is infamous around these parts senram is infamous around these parts senram is infamous around these parts

If the teen is that much intelligent and wants to proceed in research he will get a welcome in anywhere in the world including USA. He does not need HR 3012. He can come under very special category similar to Ivan Lendl in tennis or Similar to many other scientists in past. HR 3012 is needed only for Indian Eb3 aspirants. The problem for delay in HR3012 is the EB3 green card aspirants badly need for Hr3012 than USA or USA companies. It is simply the issue of fair or unfair policy. Not the issue of the country needs HR3012 or not.

Quote:

Old 05-27-2012, 08:24 PM
Priority Date
:
Dec-07
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
N/A
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
gk_2000 has a reputation beyond repute gk_2000 has a reputation beyond repute gk_2000 has a reputation beyond repute gk_2000 has a reputation beyond repute gk_2000 has a reputation beyond repute gk_2000 has a reputation beyond repute gk_2000 has a reputation beyond repute gk_2000 has a reputation beyond repute gk_2000 has a reputation beyond repute gk_2000 has a reputation beyond repute gk_2000 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by senram View Post
If the teen is that much intelligent and wants to proceed in research he will get a welcome in anywhere in the world including USA. He does not need HR 3012. He can come under very special category similar to Ivan Lendl in tennis or Similar to many other scientists in past. HR 3012 is needed only for Indian Eb3 aspirants. The problem for delay in HR3012 is the EB3 green card aspirants badly need for Hr3012 than USA or USA companies. It is simply the issue of fair or unfair policy. Not the issue of the country needs HR3012 or not.
greyhair is talking about the teen's father, not him.

Anyway, it was for the good. The teen probably would have ended up with inferior education here

Old 05-28-2012, 08:11 PM
Donor
Priority Date
:
Jul-06
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
07/15/2006
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/02/2007
Compare
new_horizon has a reputation beyond repute new_horizon has a reputation beyond repute new_horizon has a reputation beyond repute new_horizon has a reputation beyond repute new_horizon has a reputation beyond repute new_horizon has a reputation beyond repute new_horizon has a reputation beyond repute new_horizon has a reputation beyond repute new_horizon has a reputation beyond repute new_horizon has a reputation beyond repute new_horizon has a reputation beyond repute

Why pounce on fox news only? Most of the media gets their international news from other news sources like AP/Reuters/etc. If they are given such information from their source that's what they are going to report.

If it offers any solace, even the most left leaning media huffington post got it wrong.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/05/27/shourryya-ray-16-year-old_n_1549172.html

In fact if you actually read the fox news article, in it says 'the Indian born'. You leave out important facts just like the liberal media.

Chill out friend!

Quote:

- Member of MI IV Chapter
- Contributing $25 monthly since 2007
- Several one-time contributions totalling over $1,500
- Participated in ALL Advocacy Efforts in Washington DC & San Jose since JUL 2007
- I am doing my part, have you done yours to advance our mutual cause?

* If you have the Faith of a Mustard Seed You can say to the Mountain 'Be Moved', and it WILL be Moved!!

** Faith without Action is Futile.

- The Bible