Immigration Voice - Forums
Register Get Involved Contact Lawmakers Advocacy Discussion Image Image Image Image

Go Back   Immigration Voice > Immigration Voice Issues and Congressional updates > IV Agenda and Legislative Updates
Click to log in with Facebook
IV Agenda and Legislative Updates Immigration Voice's Agenda and Legislative Updates

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-06-2006, 08:28 PM
Priority Date
:
Jan-03
Category
:
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
I-140
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
Berkeleybee is on a distinguished road
Default The Doom and Gloom Crew: What You Can Do

All,

In every campaign, every battle, there is a bunch of people who move the agenda forward, and there is a bunch of people who sit on the sidelines predicting the worst. Gnashing their teeth, ruing their fate, wondering if the people who are working are working hard enough.

Sound familiar? Is this trend beginning to develop even in IV's own forums forget about The Other forum?

IV is a profoundly realistic group - we *know* we are fighting a hard battle. Which side would you rather be on? The side that says I'll only do something constructive when victory is almost in sight/certain or the side that makes victory happen step by step, day by day, member by member, task by task?

This forum is no place for the Doom and Gloom crew. We know the size of the battle, and we need all the optimism and drive we can get to fight it.

So cut the wailing (or take it to that other therapy forum) and instead of asking what IV is doing for you, ask what you can do to help yourself and all of us in this mess! Channel your rage and despair.

You've contributed. Fabulous. Reach out and recruit other members. Have them contribute. Join one of our volunteer teams get involved in some activity -- alliance building, media, web design, ad design, membership drive.

Read our basic documents and educate yourselves. I'm continually shocked by the number of people caught in this jam who can't be bothered to read about the mess they are in. If you are wondering which documents -- go to the Resources for lawmaker meetings page -- that has a list of 5 with links.

best,
Berkeleybee
Bookmark and Share Compare Reply With Quote

Old 03-06-2006, 10:32 PM
Priority Date
:
Oct-04
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
08/05/2008
Compare
MerciesOfInjustices has a spectacular aura about MerciesOfInjustices has a spectacular aura about MerciesOfInjustices has a spectacular aura about
Default Well said!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Berkeleybee
All,

In every campaign, every battle, there is a bunch of people who move the agenda forward, and there is a bunch of people who sit on the sidelines predicting the worst. Gnashing their teeth, ruing their fate, wondering if the people who are working are working hard enough...

...Read our basic documents and educate yourselves. I'm continually shocked by the number of people caught in this jam who can't be bothered to read about the mess they are in. If you are wondering which documents -- go to the Resources for lawmaker meetings page -- that has a list of 5 with links.

best,
Berkeleybee
Well said!

There are 270,000 in retrogression and nearly double this number in back-logs. If you wonder where are they, I think you will end up spending all of your time doing that!

I hear the refrain everywhere that - "they" will do something because of the sheer numbers, and the basic fairness of the US!

Please do not count on it! Our hopes failed once last year, and it can very well happen again! The cause is just, but it can only succeed if there is a clamor for it! So, call your lawmakers, and send personal emails to others to make them do so.

Send personal emails to members of the Indian community urging them to recall their days of struggle, and now contribute to those in the struggling phase.

Organize 'chai-samosa' or 'idli-sambar' fund-raisers, for God's sake, if nothing else - to raise funds!

Time is of essence - we may have just a month or two to board this bus together, or wait for the next one, God knows when!

Old 03-06-2006, 10:46 PM
Priority Date
:
Category
:
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
dpsg is on a distinguished road
Default my suggestion: concentrate on message

Buddy,
I know pessimism sometimes is hard on people who is giving everything to cause... But again concentrate on work we are doing. Ignore doom/gloom
from some members, because if you show them light at the end of tunnel,
many sitting on the fences will join... again suggest don't worry about it &
concentrate on goals/objectives.

good luck.

Old 03-07-2006, 01:30 PM
Priority Date
:
Jan-03
Category
:
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
I-140
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare

Dspg,

That post was not about my or IV's "worrying" about the doom and gloom crew - it was to ask them to cut the wailing and get up off their butts and do something.

I sincerely hope you are.

best,
Berkeleybee

Old 03-07-2006, 04:18 PM
Priority Date
:
Jun-03
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
eb3_nepa has a reputation beyond repute eb3_nepa has a reputation beyond repute eb3_nepa has a reputation beyond repute eb3_nepa has a reputation beyond repute eb3_nepa has a reputation beyond repute eb3_nepa has a reputation beyond repute eb3_nepa has a reputation beyond repute eb3_nepa has a reputation beyond repute eb3_nepa has a reputation beyond repute eb3_nepa has a reputation beyond repute eb3_nepa has a reputation beyond repute
Default Telephone crew

Hi,

A while ago on one of the conference calls, if i remember correctly, it was mentioned that there wud be a team of ppl who would be aggressively calling up people and ask them to join.

First off am i correct? If i am correct, I was wondering if the same team could look at the contributions from the various members and call the "dormant" members up and ask them why they are apprehensive to contribute.

Old 03-07-2006, 04:35 PM
Priority Date
:
Jan-03
Category
:
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
I-140
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare

Quote:
Originally Posted by eb3_nepa
Hi,

A while ago on one of the conference calls, if i remember correctly, it was mentioned that there wud be a team of ppl who would be aggressively calling up people and ask them to join.

First off am i correct? If i am correct, I was wondering if the same team could look at the contributions from the various members and call the "dormant" members up and ask them why they are apprehensive to contribute.
Eb3_nepa,

What volunteer team are you on?

How about helping or taking the lead on this?

Contact Jay jay@immigrationvoice.org who heads our membership drive team.

Everyone -- if you've got an idea, find out if it is already being implemented, and join in the effort. If it isn't take the lead and implement it!

best,
Berkeleybee

Old 03-07-2006, 08:55 PM
Priority Date
:
May-02
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
04/15/2007
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
N/A
I485 Mailed Date
:
04/15/2007
Compare
GCwaitforever is a splendid one to behold GCwaitforever is a splendid one to behold GCwaitforever is a splendid one to behold GCwaitforever is a splendid one to behold GCwaitforever is a splendid one to behold GCwaitforever is a splendid one to behold GCwaitforever is a splendid one to behold GCwaitforever is a splendid one to behold

Tagging members who paid so far and who has not is a start for the membership drive. Once we cover the registered members and encourage them to contribute, then we can move on to our friends and companies.

Old 03-07-2006, 08:58 PM
Priority Date
:
Jan-03
Category
:
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
I-140
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare

Quote:
Originally Posted by GCwaitforever
Tagging members who paid so far and who has not is a start for the membership drive. Once we cover the registered members and encourage them to contribute, then we can move on to our friends and companies.
Excellent -- have you got in touch with Jay to help him, or are these just sitting on the sidelines suggestions?

Old 03-07-2006, 10:57 PM
Priority Date
:
Jun-03
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
eb3_nepa has a reputation beyond repute eb3_nepa has a reputation beyond repute eb3_nepa has a reputation beyond repute eb3_nepa has a reputation beyond repute eb3_nepa has a reputation beyond repute eb3_nepa has a reputation beyond repute eb3_nepa has a reputation beyond repute eb3_nepa has a reputation beyond repute eb3_nepa has a reputation beyond repute eb3_nepa has a reputation beyond repute eb3_nepa has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Berkeleybee
Excellent -- have you got in touch with Jay to help him, or are these just sitting on the sidelines suggestions?
BerkeleyBee, I have contacted Jay but i am not sure how much i will be able to help with this one in particular. I have a few questions:

1) What exactly does the membership drive entail?
2) How does the process work?
3) Is there a team already established? If it is then how many members does it have?

BTW i DID attend the conference call, but due to connection problems, i was not able to follow the membership drive part. If a team is already established, then the point i was trying to make was, some members of that team can work on converting existing "free" members to "paid" members.

Old 03-08-2006, 12:38 AM
Priority Date
:
Jan-03
Category
:
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
I-140
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare

Glad you got in touch with Jay (logiclife). I will let him respond to these questions.

Thanks,
Berkeleybee