Immigration Voice - Forums
Register Get Involved Contact Lawmakers Advocacy Discussion Image Image Image Image

Go Back   Immigration Voice > Immigration Voice Issues and Congressional updates > IV Agenda and Legislative Updates
Click to log in with Facebook
IV Agenda and Legislative Updates Immigration Voice's Agenda and Legislative Updates

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-09-2012, 08:37 PM
Priority Date
:
Oct-03
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
09/01/2006
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
08/06/2007
Compare
for_gc is infamous around these parts for_gc is infamous around these parts
Default Pappu, the great!

Quote:
Originally Posted by pappu View Post
This is a simple problem and can be fixed. Problem is people are not asking. We write checks for services to be performed and blindly believe whatever is told to us and do not argue if something is wrong. We all need to stand up for ourselves and others like us. This is what immigration voice platform is about. Our greatest achievement so far is raising awareness and and making people come out of their fear and anonymity as it used to be on websites before IV. IV can take individual case and get speak to officials for resolution. We have done many times. But that is not a solution. And we don't really have enough bandwidth. We try to help only when There is absolutely no hope and situation is really bad. Only in such instances people being helped truly understand the value of what they as a community can do and our efforts. Each one of us need to take up community issues and get it fixed. Support us so that we can have enough resources to take up more issues to work on for the community.

In this case, a new application should not be needed. Not sure why such legal advice is being given and is being accepted. Try going for info pass yourself and talk about this issue to the officer. Note the answer and the person who you peak with. Always take notes and get every legal advice nid official communication in writing. Use that as the basis to take matter further.
Pappu, you are simply the great! Unbelievable. You guys have helped so many people. If you ask me, this is pure genious.

Old 07-09-2012, 10:42 PM
Priority Date
:
Jun-06
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
DallasBlue has a brilliant future DallasBlue has a brilliant future DallasBlue has a brilliant future DallasBlue has a brilliant future DallasBlue has a brilliant future DallasBlue has a brilliant future DallasBlue has a brilliant future DallasBlue has a brilliant future DallasBlue has a brilliant future DallasBlue has a brilliant future DallasBlue has a brilliant future

Unlike a drivers license , which is replaced at $11 in Texas. (http://www.txdps.state.tx.us/DriverLicense/dlfees.htm). USCIS doesn't replace the lost or stolen EAD/AP card is my understanding. They do not have a process or system for replacing the EAD card, is what the answer I found. so one has to end up paying the whole fee amount and apply all over again. please correct me if my understanding is wrong or let me know if there is a method for replacing a lost EAD (ap, ead/ap combo) card.

Old 07-10-2012, 06:36 AM
Administrator
Priority Date
:
Mar-06
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
05/06/2006
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
06/29/2007
Compare
pappu has a reputation beyond repute pappu has a reputation beyond repute pappu has a reputation beyond repute pappu has a reputation beyond repute pappu has a reputation beyond repute pappu has a reputation beyond repute pappu has a reputation beyond repute pappu has a reputation beyond repute pappu has a reputation beyond repute pappu has a reputation beyond repute pappu has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by rexjamla View Post
Hi,

I am recurring contributor on IV. My current EAD expiring on Sep 1, 2012. I applied for EAD renewal and AP in May end and spend $2000. I got EAD and AP combo card with validation dates from June 2012 to June 2013 which means I have only 9 months to use this EAD. I am shocked and totally confused. I am on EB-3 with priority date May 2006. In past I renew my EAD twice and got 2 years extension each time. I don't know how to tackle this issue.

Thanks!
RKaushal
Wow 2000 dollars! That is a lot of money to spend on a renewal.

EAD renewal fees is not $2000 by USCIS . It is a simple form in simple English that can be filled. Why are people spending $2000 for such a straightforward application? There is certainly a need for more awareness here.

As a first step please go to info pass and talk to USCIS officer there. Note all response even if your problem is not fixed. Because this will help you in the next step to take the matter higher. If you hired a lawyer have him fix this for you.

Facebook | YouTube | Twitter | Mailing List

===================
I do not give legal advice. You can pay and get it from Lawyers. Just show me some love and click the links above to help ImmigrationVoice any way you choose.
-----------

Last edited by pappu; 07-10-2012 at 06:50 AM.
Bookmark and Share Compare Reply With Quote

Old 07-10-2012, 06:42 AM
Administrator
Priority Date
:
Mar-06
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
05/06/2006
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
06/29/2007
Compare
pappu has a reputation beyond repute pappu has a reputation beyond repute pappu has a reputation beyond repute pappu has a reputation beyond repute pappu has a reputation beyond repute pappu has a reputation beyond repute pappu has a reputation beyond repute pappu has a reputation beyond repute pappu has a reputation beyond repute pappu has a reputation beyond repute pappu has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by DallasBlue View Post
Unlike a drivers license , which is replaced at $11 in Texas. (TxDPS - Driver License Fees). USCIS doesn't replace the lost or stolen EAD/AP card is my understanding. They do not have a process or system for replacing the EAD card, is what the answer I found. so one has to end up paying the whole fee amount and apply all over again. please correct me if my understanding is wrong or let me know if there is a method for replacing a lost EAD (ap, ead/ap combo) card.
You are incorrect. It can be replaced. One needs to communicate to USCIS that it is not applicants fault. But make sure that as an applicant you gave correct address in your forms and if you changed your residence you had filed appropriate paperwork to update USCIS records.

===================
I do not give legal advice. You can pay and get it from Lawyers. Just show me some love and click the links above to help ImmigrationVoice any way you choose.
-----------

Last edited by pappu; 07-10-2012 at 07:05 AM.

Old 07-10-2012, 06:47 AM
Administrator
Priority Date
:
Mar-06
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
05/06/2006
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
06/29/2007
Compare

Quote:
Originally Posted by for_gc View Post
Pappu, you are simply the great! Unbelievable. You guys have helped so many people. If you ask me, this is pure genious.
In our recent meeting we tried to get a better understanding on very mundane things like LUDs and pre adjudication etc. It is surprising that people waste too much of their time in tracking and caring about such things. We had posted about it on the other thread on the forum. Hopefully IV members get better awareness.

===================
-----------

Last edited by pappu; 07-10-2012 at 06:51 AM.

Old 07-19-2012, 11:56 AM
Priority Date
:
Category
:
N/A
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
HHKED is on a distinguished road
Default EAD & AP Combo - Valid only for one year

I am in the same boat too. USCIS ate 2 months and got a card that is valid only for one year. I am no where near my priority date. Where I can send my details and what details do you need?

Old 07-19-2012, 12:32 PM
Priority Date
:
Jul-06
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
09/12/2006
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
06/29/2007
Compare
rexjamla is on a distinguished road
Default USCIS response

I call the number given on Combo card letter I receive and got this response by email-

The status of this service request is:

Upon review of our computer systems and records, the validity periods are correct. When an I-766, Advance Parole EAD, also known as a combo card, is issued for the first time, the validity period is one year, regardless of visa availability. Although you had an EAD previously, per USCIS records, this is your first combo card. As such, this is considered an initial issuance and the validity period begins on the date of approval, June 29, 2012, and is only valid for one year. However, when you apply for a renewal of the combo card next year, the validity period will be 2 years if a visa is not available at the time of adjudication. Furthermore, the validity period did not begin on 09/02/2012 because the combo card is not considered a renewal. If you have any further questions, please contact customer service at the number listed below.

Thank you,
XM1267

If you have any further questions, please call the National Customer Service Center at 1-800-375-5283.

Is That Correct? I send details to my attorney and not heard from him in last 2 weeks.

Thanks!
RKaushal
New England Chapter: http://groups.yahoo.com/group/MA_Imm...010&finish=sub

Old 07-19-2012, 12:41 PM
Donor
Priority Date
:
Jun-06
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
01/12/2007
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/17/2007
Compare
sanatshah has a reputation beyond repute sanatshah has a reputation beyond repute sanatshah has a reputation beyond repute sanatshah has a reputation beyond repute sanatshah has a reputation beyond repute sanatshah has a reputation beyond repute sanatshah has a reputation beyond repute sanatshah has a reputation beyond repute sanatshah has a reputation beyond repute sanatshah has a reputation beyond repute sanatshah has a reputation beyond repute
Default EAD Renew for 2 Yrs.

I recently renew my EAD and got approved for 2 years. following is the timeline.

Current EAD is expiring in October-2012.
Send application on 5/24/12 @ Texas center.
Receved card on 7/17/12.
New card validity - 10/2012 to 10/2014.

Still waiting for my wife's approval which applied on the same date as mine.

Old 07-19-2012, 12:47 PM
Priority Date
:
Category
:
N/A
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare

Did you apply for a combo card for the first time?

Quote:
Originally Posted by sanatshah View Post
I recently renew my EAD and got approved for 2 years. following is the timeline.

Current EAD is expiring in October-2012.
Send application on 5/24/12 @ Texas center.
Receved card on 7/17/12.
New card validity - 10/2012 to 10/2014.

Still waiting for my wife's approval which applied on the same date as mine.

Old 07-19-2012, 12:47 PM
Priority Date
:
Jun-06
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
DallasBlue has a brilliant future DallasBlue has a brilliant future DallasBlue has a brilliant future DallasBlue has a brilliant future DallasBlue has a brilliant future DallasBlue has a brilliant future DallasBlue has a brilliant future DallasBlue has a brilliant future DallasBlue has a brilliant future DallasBlue has a brilliant future DallasBlue has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by pappu View Post
You are incorrect. It can be replaced. One needs to communicate to USCIS that it is not applicants fault. But make sure that as an applicant you gave correct address in your forms and if you changed your residence you had filed appropriate paperwork to update USCIS records.
Quote:
Originally Posted by DallasBlue
Unlike a drivers license , which is replaced at $11 in Texas. (TxDPS - Driver License Fees). USCIS doesn't replace the lost or stolen EAD/AP card is my understanding. They do not have a process or system for replacing the EAD card, is what the answer I found. so one has to end up paying the whole fee amount and apply all over again. please correct me if my understanding is wrong or let me know if there is a method for replacing a lost EAD (ap, ead/ap combo) card.
am sorry ,but there is no way to replace a lost EAD/AP. Searched and called around a lot. ultimately coz of time and sensitivity had to refile all over again and pay the full fee for someone here.

Can we request USCIS in the next meeting to put in place a process for replacement of lost EAD or AP card/document. (like drivers license replacement.)

Old 07-19-2012, 12:48 PM
Donor
Priority Date
:
Jun-06
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
01/12/2007
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/17/2007
Compare
sanatshah has a reputation beyond repute sanatshah has a reputation beyond repute sanatshah has a reputation beyond repute sanatshah has a reputation beyond repute sanatshah has a reputation beyond repute sanatshah has a reputation beyond repute sanatshah has a reputation beyond repute sanatshah has a reputation beyond repute sanatshah has a reputation beyond repute sanatshah has a reputation beyond repute sanatshah has a reputation beyond repute

No. I did not apply for Combo card. Just EAD.

Old 07-19-2012, 12:48 PM
Priority Date
:
Category
:
N/A
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare

Can you ask them where does it say that first time combo card will be for ONE yr only?

Thanks...

Quote:
I call the number given on Combo card letter I receive and got this response by email-

Upon review of our computer systems and records, the validity periods are correct. When an I-766, Advance Parole EAD, also known as a combo card, is issued for the first time, the validity period is one year, regardless of visa availability. Although you had an EAD previously, per USCIS records, this is your first combo card. As such, this is considered an initial issuance and the validity period begins on the date of approval, June 29, 2012, and is only valid for one year. However, when you apply for a renewal of the combo card next year, the validity period will be 2 years if a visa is not available at the time of adjudication. Furthermore, the validity period did not begin on 09/02/2012 because the combo card is not considered a renewal. If you have any further questions, please contact customer service at the number listed below.

Thank you,
XM1267

If you have any further questions, please call the National Customer Service Center at 1-800-375-5283.

Is That Correct? I send details to my attorney and not heard from him in last 2 weeks.

Thanks!
RKaushal

Old 07-19-2012, 12:54 PM
Priority Date
:
Category
:
N/A
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare

Did he filed for combo card for the first time? Want to know as someone got a reply for USCIS saying that first time combo card is valid only for one year.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CHHAYA View Post
You are right, my husband received I-512 Combo Card with two year validity but lost 1 month in EAD and 3 months in AP as the effective date is the date of approval. If IV want any more info then I can give.

Old 07-19-2012, 12:55 PM
Priority Date
:
Jun-06
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare

Quote:
Originally Posted by DallasBlue View Post
this is what i have so far can you guys add and improve up on it ...

TO the director USCIS ,

Subject : Pre july 1485 filers pay $740 every year for EAD/AP renewal , which we think should only be paid once.

Dear Sir,

During the july 2007 , there was fee hike for EAD/Ap application filing. At this time, the changes in fee increase we think were not thought through correctly somehow for those who already have their I-485 applications filed. we think that we are paying an amount of $740 for EAD/AP renewals for every one or two years. For a family of four it will cost $2960 renewal fee every one or two years the EAD/AP is renewed. With the Current backlogs and retrogression, a person from India who has filed I-485 in 2007 july with the Priority date of Nov 2006 in EB3 category, it will be aproximately 20 years to get a greencard, so for a family of four he would have to pay $29,600 by the time he gets his green card assuming 10 times renewal. The post July 2007 I-485 filers pay only once an amount of $740 per person for EAD/AP till they receive the green card which looks to be a more resonable amount.

We urge you to look into and review the fee structure for the pre july 2007 I-485 filers to be more reasonable.

Thanking you,
Immigration voice
I hope USCIS reconsiders and does something on this

Old 07-19-2012, 02:36 PM
Priority Date
:
Jan-07
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
04/15/2007
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I485 Mailed Date
:
08/11/2007
Compare
ebizash has a reputation beyond repute ebizash has a reputation beyond repute ebizash has a reputation beyond repute ebizash has a reputation beyond repute ebizash has a reputation beyond repute ebizash has a reputation beyond repute ebizash has a reputation beyond repute ebizash has a reputation beyond repute ebizash has a reputation beyond repute ebizash has a reputation beyond repute ebizash has a reputation beyond repute

No, this is not correct. I know that because I got a 2-year combo card as did many IV members. Refer to these posts -
http://immigrationvoice.org/forum/fo...ml#post3254801 (Received EAD/AP Combo card)
http://immigrationvoice.org/forum/fo...ml#post3532058 (Received EAD/AP Combo card)
http://immigrationvoice.org/forum/fo...ml#post3491238 (EAD AP issues and resolution)

Quote:

Thank you,
XM1267

Thanks!
RKaushal