Immigration Voice - Forums
Register Get Involved Contact Lawmakers Advocacy Discussion Image Image Image Image

Go Back   Immigration Voice > Immigration Voice Issues and Congressional updates > IV Agenda and Legislative Updates
Click to log in with Facebook
IV Agenda and Legislative Updates Immigration Voice's Agenda and Legislative Updates

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-13-2012, 08:16 PM
Donor
Priority Date
:
Mar-03
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
03/05/2007
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
06/08/2007
Compare
seahawks has a reputation beyond repute seahawks has a reputation beyond repute seahawks has a reputation beyond repute seahawks has a reputation beyond repute seahawks has a reputation beyond repute seahawks has a reputation beyond repute seahawks has a reputation beyond repute seahawks has a reputation beyond repute seahawks has a reputation beyond repute seahawks has a reputation beyond repute seahawks has a reputation beyond repute

Pappu To Summarize based on what I am reading and facing some of it personally. Let me know if I missed something.

1. Provision to request duplicate if AP or EAD lost in mail. Currently only way is to re apply and pay the full cost
2. Streamline so that EAD and AP combo card have the same validity of 2 years if applied together
3. Current applications for AP is taking more than an average of 3 months and some in a month. We would like a streamlined mechanism where the ideal processing time should be around 6 to 8 weeks.
4. Renewed AP or EAD should be valid effective the day of the previous AP or EAD expiring date
5. If applied separately, AP or EAD validity still should be two years when approved.

Old 06-14-2012, 03:46 PM
Administrator
Priority Date
:
Mar-06
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
05/06/2006
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
06/29/2007
Compare
pappu has a reputation beyond repute pappu has a reputation beyond repute pappu has a reputation beyond repute pappu has a reputation beyond repute pappu has a reputation beyond repute pappu has a reputation beyond repute pappu has a reputation beyond repute pappu has a reputation beyond repute pappu has a reputation beyond repute pappu has a reputation beyond repute pappu has a reputation beyond repute
Default EAD AP issues and resolution

Quote:
Originally Posted by seahawks View Post
Pappu To Summarize based on what I am reading and facing some of it personally. Let me know if I missed something.

1. Provision to request duplicate if AP or EAD lost in mail. Currently only way is to re apply and pay the full cost
2. Streamline so that EAD and AP combo card have the same validity of 2 years if applied together
3. Current applications for AP is taking more than an average of 3 months and some in a month. We would like a streamlined mechanism where the ideal processing time should be around 6 to 8 weeks.
4. Renewed AP or EAD should be valid effective the day of the previous AP or EAD expiring date
5. If applied separately, AP or EAD validity still should be two years when approved.
Thanks Seahawks for summarizing it. We had a meeting and discussed these questions. As stated earlier agenda was to only discuss process issue than any big admin fix or new ideas. We will be posting updates in the coming days in our posts in threads. Some update will be posted today on the donor forum and then later posted for regular forum.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DallasBlue View Post
remove the sarcasm, This is what needs to be asked , why pre2k7 july i-485 filers have to pay like $25000 and post 2k7 july I-485 filers only $740 for EAD/AP renewal for lifetime, as to why USCIS is punishing the pre 2k7 july filers every year and the post 2k7 july filers, just pay only once for EAD/AP.
There was also discussion on fees. Thank you for bringing it up. It has been taken as a recommendation. We need your help to write it up as a formal document and submit it to us in an email. We will forward it.

Facebook | YouTube | Twitter | Mailing List

===================
I do not give legal advice. You can pay and get it from Lawyers. Just show me some love and click the links above to help ImmigrationVoice any way you choose.
-----------

Last edited by pappu; 06-14-2012 at 04:19 PM.
Bookmark and Share Compare Reply With Quote

Old 06-14-2012, 03:55 PM
Administrator
Priority Date
:
Mar-06
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
05/06/2006
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
06/29/2007
Compare
pappu has a reputation beyond repute pappu has a reputation beyond repute pappu has a reputation beyond repute pappu has a reputation beyond repute pappu has a reputation beyond repute pappu has a reputation beyond repute pappu has a reputation beyond repute pappu has a reputation beyond repute pappu has a reputation beyond repute pappu has a reputation beyond repute pappu has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by seahawks View Post

Urgent action item.

We need a person to take a lead and help fix this problem. USCIS needs to see example cases where this problem is happening. Please collect evidence in the form of scanned copies , application number. Compile it together and articulate the problem and solution. We will forward it to USCIS to fix this issue. This is urgent . IV is you and me so we need people to take the lead and work with us to fix it .

===================
I do not give legal advice. You can pay and get it from Lawyers. Just show me some love and click the links above to help ImmigrationVoice any way you choose.
-----------

Old 06-14-2012, 03:58 PM
Administrator
Priority Date
:
Mar-06
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
05/06/2006
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
06/29/2007
Compare

We also had discussion on visa date movement. It is based on information from CO and USCIS. It has more info for EB2 ROW folks and EB2 India and China. We will be posting on the donor forum first. Please check IV forums in the coming days if you are interested.

===================
-----------

Old 06-14-2012, 04:01 PM
Administrator
Priority Date
:
Mar-06
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
05/06/2006
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
06/29/2007
Compare

There was a question on H4 being given EAD rule from a member. This is tied to one of the big fixes we have been asking 'allowing filing of 485 when dates are not current. We can only say not to expect anything on this anytime soon.

===================
-----------

Old 06-14-2012, 10:22 PM
Priority Date
:
Aug-05
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
bsnf is a splendid one to behold bsnf is a splendid one to behold bsnf is a splendid one to behold bsnf is a splendid one to behold bsnf is a splendid one to behold bsnf is a splendid one to behold bsnf is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by pappu View Post
Urgent action item.

We need a person to take a lead and help fix this problem. USCIS needs to see example cases where this problem is happening. Please collect evidence in the form of scanned copies , application number. Compile it together and articulate the problem and solution. We will forward it to USCIS to fix this issue. This is urgent . IV is you and me so we need people to take the lead and work with us to fix it .
Pappu,

I paper filed my wife's application on 04/16 and included a cover letter requesting a combo card. On 05/17 we received her combo card which is valid from 05/12/12 to 05/11/13. Her current EAD card expires on 08/14/2011. AP has expired in Feb 2012.

I efilled my application on 04/24. I included a cover letter requesting a combo card with the supporting documents that I mailed. On 05/30 I received a 2 year EAD card starting after my current EAD card expires. On 06/07 I received a 1 year Advanced parole document.

In our case we are 2 people in the same house hold having different results. I am willing to send our documents. Let me know if you need our documents to provide an example to USCIS.

Old 06-14-2012, 10:41 PM
Administrator
Priority Date
:
Mar-06
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
05/06/2006
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
06/29/2007
Compare

Quote:
Originally Posted by bsnf View Post
Pappu,

I paper filed my wife's application on 04/16 and included a cover letter requesting a combo card. On 05/17 we received her combo card which is valid from 05/12/12 to 05/11/13. Her current EAD card expires on 08/14/2011. AP has expired in Feb 2012.

I efilled my application on 04/24. I included a cover letter requesting a combo card with the supporting documents that I mailed. On 05/30 I received a 2 year EAD card starting after my current EAD card expires. On 06/07 I received a 1 year Advanced parole document.

In our case we are 2 people in the same house hold having different results. I am willing to send our documents. Let me know if you need our documents to provide an example to USCIS.
Please send to info at immigrationvoice.org
Include full contact details as well so that USCIS can contact you to fix the problem.

===================
-----------

Old 06-14-2012, 10:45 PM
Priority Date
:
Aug-05
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
bsnf is a splendid one to behold bsnf is a splendid one to behold bsnf is a splendid one to behold bsnf is a splendid one to behold bsnf is a splendid one to behold bsnf is a splendid one to behold bsnf is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Include full contact details as well so that USCIS can contact you to fix the problem.
Thanks, Will send our documents to that email address.

Old 06-14-2012, 11:52 PM
Priority Date
:
Aug-05
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare

Quote:

I emailed all our scan documents and requested info.

Old 06-15-2012, 07:24 AM
Administrator
Priority Date
:
Mar-06
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
05/06/2006
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
06/29/2007
Compare

We need a volunteer to work on this project and help prepare a followup response for USCIS on all suggestions listed and get fixes done. Please respond ASAP with your details to info at Immigrationvoice.com

===================
-----------

Old 06-15-2012, 07:27 AM
Administrator
Priority Date
:
Mar-06
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
05/06/2006
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
06/29/2007
Compare

Quote:
Originally Posted by bsnf View Post
I emailed all our scan documents and requested info.
Thank you. We will need a few more examples to show that this problem is not just one isolated case to fix but something to be fixed for all. Please help spread the word on other websites to get more examples.

===================
-----------

Last edited by pappu; 06-15-2012 at 07:29 AM.

Old 06-15-2012, 08:27 AM
Priority Date
:
Mar-10
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
psagarn is infamous around these parts psagarn is infamous around these parts psagarn is infamous around these parts psagarn is infamous around these parts psagarn is infamous around these parts psagarn is infamous around these parts psagarn is infamous around these parts psagarn is infamous around these parts psagarn is infamous around these parts psagarn is infamous around these parts

Quote:
Thank you. We will need a few more examples to show that this problem is not just one isolated case to fix but something to be fixed for all. Please help spread the word on other websites to get more examples.
I am in the same boat, applied for EAD and AP when my date was current but got the combo card valid only for one year. I am at work right now but will scan and send the documents by EoD today.

Old 06-15-2012, 09:03 AM
Priority Date
:
May-03
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
12/08/2006
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
06/05/2007
Compare
CHHAYA has a reputation beyond repute CHHAYA has a reputation beyond repute CHHAYA has a reputation beyond repute CHHAYA has a reputation beyond repute CHHAYA has a reputation beyond repute CHHAYA has a reputation beyond repute CHHAYA has a reputation beyond repute CHHAYA has a reputation beyond repute CHHAYA has a reputation beyond repute CHHAYA has a reputation beyond repute CHHAYA has a reputation beyond repute
Default EAD and AP Discrepancies

Pappu,

We applied for my husband EAD and AP renewal with cover letter asking to provide Combo card for 2 year validity. Both applications have receipt date of 5/11/12 and both receipts were received in same envelope, however yesterday I checked status on USCIS and it says that on 6/13/12 USCIS sent EAD card in mail and on 6/9/12 USCIS mailed notice of approval for AP.It seems like they have not approved AP and EAD for 2 years and also has not provided combo card. We have not received any of the documents yet. I will scan them to IV as soon as we receive them.

Old 06-15-2012, 10:09 AM
Donor
Priority Date
:
May-06
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
06/01/2006
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/01/2007
Compare
insbaby has a reputation beyond repute insbaby has a reputation beyond repute insbaby has a reputation beyond repute insbaby has a reputation beyond repute insbaby has a reputation beyond repute insbaby has a reputation beyond repute insbaby has a reputation beyond repute insbaby has a reputation beyond repute insbaby has a reputation beyond repute insbaby has a reputation beyond repute insbaby has a reputation beyond repute
Default EAD approved in 3 weeks!

AP Expired April 2012

Applied EAD + AP combined (efile) as soon as entering the 'eligible window period' - Middle of May

EAD application approved June 1st week (no action on the AP, though all papers went in one mail)

USCIS sent series of emails every day (your application approved, card production ordered, your card is shipped, USPS picked up your mail, USPS delivered your card)

Arrived card has "NO RENTRY PERMIT"

But the validity of the card begins right after the current card expiration, thats the only consoling thing.

Old 06-15-2012, 10:11 AM
Donor
Priority Date
:
May-06
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
06/01/2006
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/01/2007
Compare
insbaby has a reputation beyond repute insbaby has a reputation beyond repute insbaby has a reputation beyond repute insbaby has a reputation beyond repute insbaby has a reputation beyond repute insbaby has a reputation beyond repute insbaby has a reputation beyond repute insbaby has a reputation beyond repute insbaby has a reputation beyond repute insbaby has a reputation beyond repute insbaby has a reputation beyond repute

And, it is for 2 years