Immigration Voice - Forums
Register Get Involved Contact Lawmakers Advocacy Discussion Image Image Image Image

Go Back   Immigration Voice > Immigration Voice Issues and Congressional updates > IV Agenda and Legislative Updates
Click to log in with Facebook
IV Agenda and Legislative Updates Immigration Voice's Agenda and Legislative Updates

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-29-2012, 06:27 PM
Administrator
Priority Date
:
Jun-02
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
08/04/2003
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140+I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
10/06/2003
Compare
Administrator2 has a reputation beyond repute Administrator2 has a reputation beyond repute Administrator2 has a reputation beyond repute Administrator2 has a reputation beyond repute Administrator2 has a reputation beyond repute Administrator2 has a reputation beyond repute Administrator2 has a reputation beyond repute Administrator2 has a reputation beyond repute Administrator2 has a reputation beyond repute Administrator2 has a reputation beyond repute Administrator2 has a reputation beyond repute

Greg,

Although we respect your opinion, I hope you recognize that we have learned a few things about the process and who is on which committee.

You do not have the knowledge about the facts on the ground and what transpired, which explains your posts and position. Every fact on the ground is in contradiction to the over-simplified process you portrayed. But that's ok, based on the position you have already taken, we don't have the urge to convince you because it seems you are already pre-decided.

Also - every soul knows that there is nothing called "must pass immigration bill". And it is naive to think that a bill which has a hold from the respectable ranking member of the committee of jurisdiction could be bypassed by adding it to another bill. There is a difference between paper law and the real legislative process. Also, it is somewhat funny if you think that we did not explore ALL other options. But that is ok, we are not here to convince or seek your approval.

The advocacy group you seem to be referring and defending, well, with friends like these, who needs enemies. But thanks for the tip of the implied threat from this advocacy group for damaging the bill in the House. For long time behind the scenes this group has been working against the interest of the immigrants, and, immigrants were under the impression that this group somehow represented them. Good that things are coming out in open for everyone to see how it has been all along.

We wish you all the best.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gsiskind View Post
Well it's nice of you to ask Arun. First, I'd remind IV that no Senator has an absolute veto power on a bill. A Senator's hold only prevents the body from bypassing the committee process and moving legislation through the normal course as opposed to moving for unanimous consent and passing something quickly. When you're talking about a bill that passed by a ten to one margin in the House, it's hardly seen as controversial. Just go through normal mark up and make sure you work on the leaders in the Immigration Subcommittee (and Grassley is not the ranking member or the chair).

There is also a must pass immigration bill coming that includes extending several very popular programs. Getting 3012 attached probably would not have been seen as controversial. But the move to force Grassley's language in and it's attack on other advocacy groups is really going to make it hard to see anyone wanting to work with IV on this. And since 3012 is going to have to go back to the House and get past many who will find the Grassley language repulsive, I wouldn't be so confident in easy passage again.
Bookmark and Share Compare

2 out of 2 members found this post helpful.
Old 06-29-2012, 06:30 PM
Priority Date
:
Nov-10
Category
:
EB2-NIW
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
checkmet64 has a reputation beyond repute checkmet64 has a reputation beyond repute checkmet64 has a reputation beyond repute checkmet64 has a reputation beyond repute checkmet64 has a reputation beyond repute checkmet64 has a reputation beyond repute checkmet64 has a reputation beyond repute checkmet64 has a reputation beyond repute checkmet64 has a reputation beyond repute checkmet64 has a reputation beyond repute checkmet64 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Thank You but No Thank You

Quote:
Simplistic is believing you can move a pro-immigration bill by alienating the rest of the pro-immigration community. I've been at the legislative advocacy game for 20 years and have written a number of provisions in the Immigration and Nationality Act. This is not the way to get this done no matter how loud you guys want to shout.
Hi Greg,

This may come across rude, that is not the intent. Its just the frustration with the "long wait". I beg your pardon in advance if this does come across as arrogant.

You seem to think of yourself as pro-immigrantion. Well, I am an immigrant and I don't think your viewpoints are resonating with me.

First of all, you are posting your views in this public forum, what's the purpose? Did you try first to contact the core IV team and put your viewpoint infront of them. We as IV members fully support IV core's efforts in all ways possible. Are you posting here just to spread misinformation? Why are you cursing Senator Grassley in every sentence? If you belived that you are correct and that is the right thing to do, then you would not be wasting your time with us. Seriously, we have no power what so ever. And this is why the DoL may "screw" us over as you are saying and the immigration policies are screwing us over as you can see from our profiles and wait times. Please go and preach your rhetoric infront of people who have power. That would help us, then you can truely call yourself "pro-immigration".

Secondly, What solid efforts your have done to help us? Folks have been waiting for 10+ years. Where have you been? Did you go to USCIS, DOL or whereever they make these decisions and talk about the pitiful conditions these folks are in? Why are you suddenly active here and finding time to reply each and every post. If you were so concerned about our well being you would be expending every effort to help us. Are you doing that? Did you bring up a bill, good or bad, for us? Get it passed through house with potential for senate clearance? Just saying that you support HR3012 is not solid work. Thank IV for enabling you to do even that. That reminds me, are you by any chance working extra hours for our benefit along with your day job.

Guess what, few commited members in IV are doing all the things I asked for in the above paragraph. They are people within us. They represent our concerns. Please stop your BS (pardon the language but yes thats what it is), people are at the brink of their patience and sick and tired of wait.

Finally, I see little value in continuing this discussion, so please don't bother a reply (or writing on this forum) unless you have have "SOLID" evidence of your concern for immigrants.

1 out of 1 members found this post helpful.
Old 06-29-2012, 06:32 PM
Priority Date
:
Jul-06
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
07/01/2006
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
08/07/2007
Compare
amulchandra has a reputation beyond repute amulchandra has a reputation beyond repute amulchandra has a reputation beyond repute amulchandra has a reputation beyond repute amulchandra has a reputation beyond repute amulchandra has a reputation beyond repute amulchandra has a reputation beyond repute amulchandra has a reputation beyond repute amulchandra has a reputation beyond repute amulchandra has a reputation beyond repute amulchandra has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Well it's nice of you to ask Arun. First, I'd remind IV that no Senator has an absolute veto power on a bill. A Senator's hold only prevents the body from bypassing the committee process and moving legislation through the normal course as opposed to moving for unanimous consent and passing something quickly. When you're talking about a bill that passed by a ten to one margin in the House, it's hardly seen as controversial. Just go through normal mark up and make sure you work on the leaders in the Immigration Subcommittee (and Grassley is not the ranking member or the chair).

There is also a must pass immigration bill coming that includes extending several very popular programs. Getting 3012 attached probably would not have been seen as controversial. But the move to force Grassley's language in and it's attack on other advocacy groups is really going to make it hard to see anyone wanting to work with IV on this. And since 3012 is going to have to go back to the House and get past many who will find the Grassley language repulsive, I wouldn't be so confident in easy passage again.
Hi Greg,

I have only one question for you . Which 'advocacy groups' are you talking about? I am curious. Did you mean AILA. We EB immigrants were on our own until IV came into picture. AILA has been here for ages. I want to know what did they accomplish for the immigrant community. No means I want to sound rude but from the bottom of my heart I want to know.

I am waiting in line for almost 6 years now. Do you think I can wait more with kids aging out? At least dreamers had sympathy we have none just because we are law abiding timid aspiring immigrants

Amul

Old 06-29-2012, 06:40 PM
Priority Date
:
N/A
Category
:
N/A
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
N/A
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
greyhair has a reputation beyond repute greyhair has a reputation beyond repute greyhair has a reputation beyond repute greyhair has a reputation beyond repute greyhair has a reputation beyond repute greyhair has a reputation beyond repute greyhair has a reputation beyond repute greyhair has a reputation beyond repute greyhair has a reputation beyond repute greyhair has a reputation beyond repute greyhair has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Simplistic is believing you can move a pro-immigration bill by alienating the rest of the pro-immigration community. I've been at the legislative advocacy game for 20 years and have written a number of provisions in the Immigration and Nationality Act. This is not the way to get this done no matter how loud you guys want to shout.
This is the problem. You are telling us that we brown immigrant must salute the 'know-all' immigration lawyers because you are the gatekeepers? Isn't that what you said?

Group of Immigration lawyers don't make 'pro-immigration' community. Immigrants make 'pro-immigration' community.

If immigration lawyers are headed for a collision course with immigrants then that is good. I want to be part of this fight.

People like greg don't have a clue about immigrant community rage and anger towards immigration lawyers.

2 out of 3 members found this post helpful.
Old 06-29-2012, 06:40 PM
Priority Date
:
Nov-10
Category
:
EB2-NIW
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
checkmet64 has a reputation beyond repute checkmet64 has a reputation beyond repute checkmet64 has a reputation beyond repute checkmet64 has a reputation beyond repute checkmet64 has a reputation beyond repute checkmet64 has a reputation beyond repute checkmet64 has a reputation beyond repute checkmet64 has a reputation beyond repute checkmet64 has a reputation beyond repute checkmet64 has a reputation beyond repute checkmet64 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Ignore the Distractions

Dear IV members,

There has been a lot of distraction in form of misinformation posted in this forum. Please avoid this trap and focus on our action items. There is a key action item from June 29-July 04. Pappu has a separate thread for that. Please do your action item over the weekend.

PLEASE DO NOT GET DISTRACTED BY ANYTHING ELSE. AT THIS TIME ONLY HEAR WHAT IV HAS TO SAY. ONLY THAT IS IN OUR INTEREST.

Old 06-29-2012, 07:05 PM
Priority Date
:
N/A
Category
:
N/A
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
N/A
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
greyhair has a reputation beyond repute greyhair has a reputation beyond repute greyhair has a reputation beyond repute greyhair has a reputation beyond repute greyhair has a reputation beyond repute greyhair has a reputation beyond repute greyhair has a reputation beyond repute greyhair has a reputation beyond repute greyhair has a reputation beyond repute greyhair has a reputation beyond repute greyhair has a reputation beyond repute

Guys,

It is clear that immigration lawyers are engaged in a campaign to create doubt and they are spreading false information. We should be cautious.

Old 06-29-2012, 07:12 PM
Priority Date
:
N/A
Category
:
N/A
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
N/A
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
bugmenot is just really nice bugmenot is just really nice bugmenot is just really nice bugmenot is just really nice

I think Greg and the Immi Lawyers are scared of getting redundant because of the clause that protects the DOL from the courts ( or something to that effect) so his concern is related more to the Lawyers community than immigrants, though no where has Greg ever been against Hr3012 ( minus Grassley amendments) or country cap removal per say.

I think at some point it would be nice if IV could bring to light the Grassley clause and how badly it could get bad ( or not). Its always better to have everyone on our side

Old 06-29-2012, 07:16 PM
Priority Date
:
Jun-04
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
05/25/2007
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
08/12/2007
Compare
flthere has a reputation beyond repute flthere has a reputation beyond repute flthere has a reputation beyond repute flthere has a reputation beyond repute flthere has a reputation beyond repute flthere has a reputation beyond repute flthere has a reputation beyond repute flthere has a reputation beyond repute flthere has a reputation beyond repute flthere has a reputation beyond repute flthere has a reputation beyond repute

Greg,

I'd like to see HR3012 pass thru the senate and signed by President in the current form first. Then I'd like to see delays and audits that you have been fearing. And then I'd like to see advocates like you and advocacy groups of lawyers come out, fight against the provisions that Grassley wanted in the bill now, and would wish you good luck to get rid off it then. I presume you might dread to even think of organizing the advocacy, but would like to scare with your scares now when the HR3012 amended is still being negotiated.

If it's allowed under the 'law', please let us know if you and AILA or other groups are fighting Mr. Grassley over the amendments he wants in. let us know and we will support you as well.

One of my gurus once told me this: ' Do not come to me with just the problems, come up with possible solutions to tackle the problem and then we will see'.

Don't just say there are problems with the text, come up with solutions other than asking Grassley to delete his amendments.

Looks like the small businesses are not impacted by the amendment .. bigger corporations like Microsoft, Apple, Google etc., are not impacted by the amendment as they probably have less than 15% of their employees on H1. That leaves not so significant % of employers who are affected. particular, do you have employers like Infosys, Wipro, TCS etc in your clients list ? Those guys will surely be affected by this amendment cause they either bring employees on H1 or L1 in majority, though they hire Americans but in lesser numbers. Looks like you are batting for such employers. Doctors are certainly not your concerned demographics, I suppose.

Old 06-29-2012, 07:22 PM
Priority Date
:
Dec-07
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
N/A
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
gk_2000 has a reputation beyond repute gk_2000 has a reputation beyond repute gk_2000 has a reputation beyond repute gk_2000 has a reputation beyond repute gk_2000 has a reputation beyond repute gk_2000 has a reputation beyond repute gk_2000 has a reputation beyond repute gk_2000 has a reputation beyond repute gk_2000 has a reputation beyond repute gk_2000 has a reputation beyond repute gk_2000 has a reputation beyond repute

I fully endorse this from my personal side... minus the bad language. I take it the language is just there for emphasis, and does not distort truth in any way

Last edited by Administrator3; 06-29-2012 at 10:35 PM.

Old 06-29-2012, 08:24 PM
Priority Date
:
Jul-06
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
07/01/2006
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
08/07/2007
Compare
amulchandra has a reputation beyond repute amulchandra has a reputation beyond repute amulchandra has a reputation beyond repute amulchandra has a reputation beyond repute amulchandra has a reputation beyond repute amulchandra has a reputation beyond repute amulchandra has a reputation beyond repute amulchandra has a reputation beyond repute amulchandra has a reputation beyond repute amulchandra has a reputation beyond repute amulchandra has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by gk_2000 View Post
I fully endorse this from my personal side... minus the bad language. I take it the language is just there for emphasis, and does not distort truth in any way
Yes me too. My ex immigration attorney sat on my EB2 I-140 application till the last day until the PERM expired and filed it just before he vanished on a vacation. My i-140 got denied because of expired PERM and I couldn't fix it till date. Got stuck in this eb3 black hole again. I am waiting for HR 3012 to pass as I cannot take the mental pressure of another PERM and I-140. Not because of my employer who is willing to do but because of the messed up process.

Old 06-29-2012, 08:46 PM
Priority Date
:
Nov-10
Category
:
EB2-NIW
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
Default Lets Refocus

Guys,

People are attempting to distract us. Lets refocus energies on HR3012. There is a key Action Item to take care. The debate with this lawyer guy is pointless. Let him be alone, he will find his way to the truth

Old 06-29-2012, 09:03 PM
Priority Date
:
Nov-03
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/23/2007
Compare
gc_check has a reputation beyond repute gc_check has a reputation beyond repute gc_check has a reputation beyond repute gc_check has a reputation beyond repute gc_check has a reputation beyond repute gc_check has a reputation beyond repute gc_check has a reputation beyond repute gc_check has a reputation beyond repute gc_check has a reputation beyond repute gc_check has a reputation beyond repute gc_check has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
You don't hear that much from me except my uniformly supportive blogging over the years. I would hope that my strong words are registering with at least some. Grassley's amendment could probably be changed further to make it more acceptable, but the email sent from IV is making a lot of advocates just want to wash their hands of 3012. Unfortunate.
I have read some of your blogs / update and also seen your impressive resume in your website. I do not think the language in the amendment with regards to the LCA or Audit be an issue for an Attorney like you. This is good for the US Citizens, the Immigrants / Applicants, for the country and the business community. Yes, this might increase the audit chances for employers with 100 employees or more with 15% or more on H1 Visa, but why should they worry if they comply with the rules and law. I am not sure why this language is causing so much concerns. Again, what did the group you say or call pro-immigrant did to address this national problems, did for the suffering applicants community in past decade... Now,, there seems to be a slim chance thing could work, but you are misleading / misguiding the group by putting the companies that pay the attorney's first and applicant's difficulties behind.

I would rather request you to ask the the clientele of yours, to sign and support this bill along with the 300+ companies that is already supporting.

I have a feeling, time has taught us all the much need lesson and people are now educated on the real issue and this bill will pass in spite of all the hurdles that is caused by anti-immigration advocates.

Old 06-30-2012, 12:16 AM
Donor/Moderator
Priority Date
:
Jun-03
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
05/04/2004
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
06/29/2007
Compare
coopheal has a reputation beyond repute coopheal has a reputation beyond repute coopheal has a reputation beyond repute coopheal has a reputation beyond repute coopheal has a reputation beyond repute coopheal has a reputation beyond repute coopheal has a reputation beyond repute coopheal has a reputation beyond repute coopheal has a reputation beyond repute coopheal has a reputation beyond repute coopheal has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
You don't hear that much from me except my uniformly supportive blogging over the years. I would hope that my strong words are registering with at least some. Grassley's amendment could probably be changed further to make it more acceptable, but the email sent from IV is making a lot of advocates just want to wash their hands of 3012. Unfortunate.
You started with deceiving post and then went on to be become anti of our only hope.
You lied, included wrong "facts"
You tried to scare us.
All you can do is "helpful blogging" and block IV's real efforts.

Old 07-01-2012, 07:05 PM
Priority Date
:
Dec-07
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
N/A
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
gk_2000 has a reputation beyond repute gk_2000 has a reputation beyond repute gk_2000 has a reputation beyond repute gk_2000 has a reputation beyond repute gk_2000 has a reputation beyond repute gk_2000 has a reputation beyond repute gk_2000 has a reputation beyond repute gk_2000 has a reputation beyond repute gk_2000 has a reputation beyond repute gk_2000 has a reputation beyond repute gk_2000 has a reputation beyond repute
Default slightly on lighter side :)

Quote:
Originally Posted by coopheal View Post
You started with deceiving post and then went on to be become anti of our only hope.
You lied, included wrong "facts"
You tried to scare us.
All you can do is "helpful blogging" and block IV's real efforts.
You have offended my family..... and you've offended the shaolin temple

~ dialogue from Enter the dragon

Old 07-02-2012, 09:59 AM
Priority Date
:
May-10
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
bibliophile2020 has a reputation beyond repute bibliophile2020 has a reputation beyond repute bibliophile2020 has a reputation beyond repute bibliophile2020 has a reputation beyond repute bibliophile2020 has a reputation beyond repute bibliophile2020 has a reputation beyond repute bibliophile2020 has a reputation beyond repute bibliophile2020 has a reputation beyond repute bibliophile2020 has a reputation beyond repute bibliophile2020 has a reputation beyond repute bibliophile2020 has a reputation beyond repute

I see that Greg is off IV Advisory board. He must have seen this coming!

Closed Thread