Immigration Voice - Forums
Register Get Involved Contact Lawmakers Advocacy Discussion Image Image Image Image

Go Back   Immigration Voice > Immigration Voice Issues and Congressional updates > IV Agenda and Legislative Updates
Click to log in with Facebook
IV Agenda and Legislative Updates Immigration Voice's Agenda and Legislative Updates

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-23-2012, 03:24 AM
Priority Date
:
Dec-08
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
forever_waiting has a reputation beyond repute forever_waiting has a reputation beyond repute forever_waiting has a reputation beyond repute forever_waiting has a reputation beyond repute forever_waiting has a reputation beyond repute forever_waiting has a reputation beyond repute forever_waiting has a reputation beyond repute forever_waiting has a reputation beyond repute forever_waiting has a reputation beyond repute forever_waiting has a reputation beyond repute forever_waiting has a reputation beyond repute
Default Well said

Starscream and checkmet64 are absolutely correct. If there was Any time we all should be super active and support an action item with full force, it is now. And while sharing the letter from this action item or talking to/within your company for support, remember the simple talking points we were given during the time we made phone calls to House last year - this is a simple bill with only a technical fix that make the existing green card queue first-come-first-serve without discriminating green card issuance on country of origin. Ultimately this is about fairness in the system and boosting American innovation. And this bill has full support in House, Senate and industry. So it is a no-brainer. Keep your message simple but effective.

This bill is the only hope for our friends in EB3. Even EB2 appliants might have got an EAD due to the recent visa bulletin movements, but you will be stuck waiting for a GC and renewing your EAD and asking "when will I get a GC?" for the next 4-5 years if there is no legislative relief. If I lose my job with just a glorious EAD in hand, I have to pack my bags. So lets keep in mind the reality of the situation and use this one chance we have to get this bill passed and start the process of clearing the backlog.
Bookmark and Share Compare

1 out of 1 members found this post helpful.
Old 06-23-2012, 09:28 AM
Priority Date
:
N/A
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
thefar is on a distinguished road
Default AI update

Signed up for $25 recurring contribution for 6 months
Subscription - 3S351747YY670463V

I live in a Indian-Chinese dominated community right outside of New York and have already spoken with 15 of my friends (both Indians and Chinese) to spread the awareness on this update; and speak to their respective employers on Monday. I will continue continue to reach out all this weekend, hopefully this will cover all lot of employers in NYC

Thanks IV for pushing this along. Although it will be a long wait for me since my EB2 priority date is Feb 2012, it's a step in the right direction.

Thanks again

Old 06-23-2012, 10:28 AM
Priority Date
:
Nov-10
Category
:
EB2-NIW
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
checkmet64 has a reputation beyond repute checkmet64 has a reputation beyond repute checkmet64 has a reputation beyond repute checkmet64 has a reputation beyond repute checkmet64 has a reputation beyond repute checkmet64 has a reputation beyond repute checkmet64 has a reputation beyond repute checkmet64 has a reputation beyond repute checkmet64 has a reputation beyond repute checkmet64 has a reputation beyond repute checkmet64 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Let's Show We REALLY Care

This is happening !! Life will probably never get any real than that. Each one of us can be a part of the history and those chances don't come by often !! Please contribute to support IV efforts.

Seriously, if you think about it, what could my few hundred dollars be able to achieve? Can I stir the congress? Can I get legislation through congress? Frankly, if anything its a pipe dream. I salute IV coreís efforts for where our legislation stands. Each one of us has to realize that the task at hand is much bigger than we think it is. How many times one gets to be a part of something like this in their life time? Lost opportunity will not knock door again.

The response from IV community is- disheartening really. I canít still think of a reason why people would hold it back. So, letís do this in another way. Letís show that chivalry is not dead. Here is the thing- I made a recurring contribution earlier this week. Now I pledge to contribute $ 5 each for the first 40 contributions that are made from now to Monday morning. And if at all we are able to reach 40 then for next 10 contributions from 41 to 50, I will contribute $10 per contribution.

I throw this challenge out to you guys. Let the chivalrous in you come out; show that you care. I leave it up to you to not let me down. It will be the best $300 I ever spent. Cynics might still say- oh its just small money still. Please try and understand the motivation behind coming up with something like this.

Old 06-23-2012, 11:00 AM
Priority Date
:
Jul-06
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
Amman has a reputation beyond repute Amman has a reputation beyond repute Amman has a reputation beyond repute Amman has a reputation beyond repute Amman has a reputation beyond repute Amman has a reputation beyond repute Amman has a reputation beyond repute Amman has a reputation beyond repute Amman has a reputation beyond repute Amman has a reputation beyond repute Amman has a reputation beyond repute

Sent the request to my employer to sign. Also spoke to several friends to have them contribute and ask their employer to participate.

Old 06-23-2012, 11:20 AM
Priority Date
:
Jan-04
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
07/22/2007
Chargeability
:
Georgia
Processing Stage
:
I-140+I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/22/2007
Compare
dhirajs98 has a reputation beyond repute dhirajs98 has a reputation beyond repute dhirajs98 has a reputation beyond repute dhirajs98 has a reputation beyond repute dhirajs98 has a reputation beyond repute dhirajs98 has a reputation beyond repute dhirajs98 has a reputation beyond repute dhirajs98 has a reputation beyond repute dhirajs98 has a reputation beyond repute dhirajs98 has a reputation beyond repute dhirajs98 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Donated $100

Just donated $100 for the great cause through paypal

Your transaction ID for this payment is: 8C481948X8617513N.

Old 06-23-2012, 11:21 AM
Priority Date
:
Mar-04
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
rdoib has a reputation beyond repute rdoib has a reputation beyond repute rdoib has a reputation beyond repute rdoib has a reputation beyond repute rdoib has a reputation beyond repute rdoib has a reputation beyond repute rdoib has a reputation beyond repute rdoib has a reputation beyond repute rdoib has a reputation beyond repute rdoib has a reputation beyond repute rdoib has a reputation beyond repute
Default Please Contribute and help

Transaction ID:
74K79886AW7241648

Please get involved and contribute. Get up from the fence and jump in it is more exciting here.

Old 06-23-2012, 12:08 PM
Priority Date
:
May-10
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
bibliophile2020 has a reputation beyond repute bibliophile2020 has a reputation beyond repute bibliophile2020 has a reputation beyond repute bibliophile2020 has a reputation beyond repute bibliophile2020 has a reputation beyond repute bibliophile2020 has a reputation beyond repute bibliophile2020 has a reputation beyond repute bibliophile2020 has a reputation beyond repute bibliophile2020 has a reputation beyond repute bibliophile2020 has a reputation beyond repute bibliophile2020 has a reputation beyond repute
Thumbs up

Just donated $100 for the cause, $600 so far from Nov, 2011.

Your transaction ID for this payment: 3J0885248K137014E

GO HR3012 - Hara hara hara Mahadev.....

Old 06-23-2012, 12:27 PM
Priority Date
:
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
I-140
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
unbeatensujoy is on a distinguished road
Default Lets do this!!!

Just a suggestion for all who are doing action Items.

Contact the independent consultants (Mainly US citizens) who work for companies of behalf of their own companies. In most of the cases they are the only consultants in their own company. Since they have a company and they are the are owner of the company. They are the best person to sign the petition as this will help them too. I have contacted 3 such person and asked to sign petition.

Please use all of your contacts as much as possible. If contacts does not works for us then why do we need those contacts. Please use those.

Sent a contribution cheque by mail.

Old 06-23-2012, 01:46 PM
Priority Date
:
Oct-09
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
reddy531 is on a distinguished road
Default Thank you and a heartfelt apology

I am EB2I with 2009 priority date. I didnt follow immigration policies closely untill very recently. I bumped into this forun or any other immigration forum only after my PD became current early this year. I am a casual GC seeker, I get it when i get it. Didnt know anything about country quotas etc let alone HR3012 until few months back.

After I started following the immigration policy updates I never thought HR3012 will be passed. I was very skeptical about IV efforts but never expressed them openly. Today after seeing this progress you guys made I want to offer my apology and more importantly a 6 months recurring contribution for $50.

I never made any contributions to any advocacy groups before. More than just the HR3012 it is the feeling that somebody got our backs in case of injustices in a foreign land that made me contribute. Needless to say I will contribute more once this becomes law.

"Subscription Payment Sent (Unique Transaction ID # 9HJ34124BW4348549)
See related S-45315608939669418"
Attached Files
File Type: doc IV contribution.doc (314.5 KB, 18 views)

Old 06-23-2012, 02:12 PM
Priority Date
:
Nov-10
Category
:
EB2-NIW
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
checkmet64 has a reputation beyond repute checkmet64 has a reputation beyond repute checkmet64 has a reputation beyond repute checkmet64 has a reputation beyond repute checkmet64 has a reputation beyond repute checkmet64 has a reputation beyond repute checkmet64 has a reputation beyond repute checkmet64 has a reputation beyond repute checkmet64 has a reputation beyond repute checkmet64 has a reputation beyond repute checkmet64 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Thanks

Quote:
Originally Posted by reddy531 View Post
I am EB2I with 2009 priority date. I didnt follow immigration policies closely untill very recently. I bumped into this forun or any other immigration forum only after my PD became current early this year. I am a casual GC seeker, I get it when i get it. Didnt know anything about country quotas etc let alone HR3012 until few months back.

After I started following the immigration policy updates I never thought HR3012 will be passed. I was very skeptical about IV efforts but never expressed them openly. Today after seeing this progress you guys made I want to offer my apology and more importantly a 6 months recurring contribution for $50.

I never made any contributions to any advocacy groups before. More than just the HR3012 it is the feeling that somebody got our backs in case of injustices in a foreign land that made me contribute. Needless to say I will contribute more once this becomes law.

"Subscription Payment Sent (Unique Transaction ID # 9HJ34124BW4348549)
See related S-45315608939669418"
Thank you and please don't feel that you are too late. Infact you are just in time. I would still suggest if you have space for more contuributions please consider it for now. The need for contributions is now more than ever. Of course, you are still welcomed to make it at your convenience at a later time.

Old 06-23-2012, 02:26 PM
Priority Date
:
May-10
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
11/21/2010
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
Jsad has a spectacular aura about Jsad has a spectacular aura about
Default Donated through Paypal

Donated 100$ for the cause

Your transaction ID for this payment is: 4YC92546LM4281253.

Thank-you IV for all your hard work & dedication!!!!!

Old 06-23-2012, 02:52 PM
Priority Date
:
Oct-09
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
reddy531 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by checkmet64 View Post
Thank you and please don't feel that you are too late. Infact you are just in time. I would still suggest if you have space for more contuributions please consider it for now. The need for contributions is now more than ever. Of course, you are still welcomed to make it at your convenience at a later time.

Just did a onetime $100 contribution on top of my $50/moth. Thank you for your efforts. I am pledging $500 if it passes.

Your transaction ID for this payment is: 6BM71372RM266900E.
Attached Files
File Type: pdf IV 100 USD onetime .pdf (90.8 KB, 9 views)

Old 06-23-2012, 02:59 PM
Donor
Priority Date
:
Aug-10
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
hx82 has a brilliant future hx82 has a brilliant future hx82 has a brilliant future hx82 has a brilliant future hx82 has a brilliant future hx82 has a brilliant future hx82 has a brilliant future hx82 has a brilliant future hx82 has a brilliant future hx82 has a brilliant future hx82 has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jsad View Post
Donated 100$ for the cause

Your transaction ID for this payment is: 4YC92546LM4281253.

Thank-you IV for all your hard work & dedication!!!!!
Thank you.

Old 06-23-2012, 03:09 PM
Priority Date
:
Nov-10
Category
:
EB2-NIW
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare

Quote:
Originally Posted by reddy531 View Post
Just did a onetime $100 contribution on top of my $50/moth. Thank you for your efforts. I am pledging $500 if it passes.

Your transaction ID for this payment is: 6BM71372RM266900E.
Thanks for responding to the request. I hope everybody follows suit.

Old 06-23-2012, 03:31 PM
Administrator
Priority Date
:
Mar-06
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
05/06/2006
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
06/29/2007
Compare
pappu has a reputation beyond repute pappu has a reputation beyond repute pappu has a reputation beyond repute pappu has a reputation beyond repute pappu has a reputation beyond repute pappu has a reputation beyond repute pappu has a reputation beyond repute pappu has a reputation beyond repute pappu has a reputation beyond repute pappu has a reputation beyond repute pappu has a reputation beyond repute

Thank you everyone for your support and doing the action item. Let us use this weekend to spread the message to our friends and relatives.

Facebook | YouTube | Twitter | Mailing List

===================
I do not give legal advice. You can pay and get it from Lawyers. Just show me some love and click the links above to help ImmigrationVoice any way you choose.
-----------

Closed Thread