Immigration Voice - Forums
Register Get Involved Contact Lawmakers Advocacy Discussion Image Image Image Image

Go Back   Immigration Voice > Immigration Voice Issues and Congressional updates > IV Agenda and Legislative Updates
Click to log in with Facebook
IV Agenda and Legislative Updates Immigration Voice's Agenda and Legislative Updates

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-22-2012, 12:41 PM
Administrator
Priority Date
:
Jun-02
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
08/04/2003
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140+I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
10/06/2003
Compare
Administrator2 has a reputation beyond repute Administrator2 has a reputation beyond repute Administrator2 has a reputation beyond repute Administrator2 has a reputation beyond repute Administrator2 has a reputation beyond repute Administrator2 has a reputation beyond repute Administrator2 has a reputation beyond repute Administrator2 has a reputation beyond repute Administrator2 has a reputation beyond repute Administrator2 has a reputation beyond repute Administrator2 has a reputation beyond repute
Default UPDATE/ACTION ITEM:HR3012: Ask your employer to sign this petition supporting HR3012

--------------------------------------------------------
Update and Very Important Action Item
Note - Round 1 of this campaign was completed with HUGE SUCCESS on June 26th, 2012. Second round of the campaign will be initiated soon. Please watch this space.

For past few months, we have been involved in the discussion to find a way to move forward HR3012.

With the leadership of Senator Schumer and Senator Grassley, earlier this week, the amendment to HR3012 was finalized. Every part and every letter of this amendment has been carefully vetted. We have been engaged in the amendment negotiation process right since the beginning and we know that this is a good amendment.

This amendment makes a very good bill even better. The amendment is balanced in a way where a small fraction of employers with more than 100 employees and 15% employees on H1 (L1/J1 is not part of 15%) visa will be audited. Again, the amendment is to audit employers (not employees). The amendment doesn't put any restriction on the employers or employees. We applaud Senator Schumer and Senator Grassley for this amendment.

As we all know, there are some bad employers out there who take advantage of the system. This amendment is designed to root out companies engaged in fraud or exploitation. A large number of coalition, trade groups and the entire large Hi-tech industry (you know all the large companies) is fully on-board with this amendment. The reason being, they are not afraid of audit, they do not have anything to hide, they don't game the system. These 200 companies are the good citizens of the non-immigrant and immigrant visa system.

Now we need your help to reach out to more companies, your employers, to sign this petition to the key Senators.

The deadline for signing this letter is now extended to 26th June.

Letter to Hi-Tech employers (To request Hi-Tech employers to sign the petition)

http://Petition for Hi-Tech employer...ey lawmakers).

200 of the Top companies have already signed up this petition. We need more companies to sign up.

Needless to say, some lawyers or some group of lawyers are against this amendment. We believe that this fringe group has always advocated a system where immigrants are taken advantage off.

I understand that there never existed a civilized society in which one segment did not thrive upon the labor of another. From ancient times to biblical times to now, the so called “silicon age”. The basic tenants of one segment thriving upon the labor of another has not changed much. But this idea is totally contrary to a natural or inevitable phenomenon, a basic human concept called freedom, which is the first step towards innovation. The majority of innovations and inventions in the modern world were created and invented by free men post American Independence. These were men who were free to spend their energies on the own project or change/work for an employer of their choice. If the business of your employer directly or indirectly depends on innovation and technology, then your employer will appreciate you letting them know about these new developments about HR3012.

Some of these immigration Lawyers have chosen to be on the wrong side of history. They want to protect companies gaming the system. This set of immigration lawyers want to to take advantage of immigrants, siding with companies that under-cut US worker and commit fraud.

Its time for us to standup and speak for ourselves and tell everyone that immigration lawyers don't represent immigrant community. Immigration lawyers and their groups only represent their own special interest to design the system to keep more people in limbo for longer so that they can profit from decade long probationary status of immigrants.

Housing market is not about realtors; Housing market is about living the American Dream and home ownership. Likewise, the purpose of immigration system is not for immigration lawyers to pocket more cash. Immigration system is about America, US Employers and immigrants. Its time for us to raise our voice together and say it loud & clear, that immigration lawyer or their group doesn't represent immigrant community.

Ask your employer to stand on the right side of history and support a change for you, a change which has been long awaited. Ask your employer to do the right thing NOW!

Thank You,

Team IV

=========================
Update June 27
Letter is attached.

Thank you everyone for your efforts and continued support.
Please contribute to IV if you have not done so this month. It is mission critical that we have enough resources to pull this bill through.

http://immigrationvoice.org/forum/at...un-27-2012.pdf

===============

Last edited by Administrator2; 01-10-2015 at 01:35 PM.
Bookmark and Share Compare

18 out of 18 members found this post helpful.
Old 06-22-2012, 12:44 PM
Administrator
Priority Date
:
Jun-02
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
08/04/2003
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140+I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
10/06/2003
Compare
Administrator2 has a reputation beyond repute Administrator2 has a reputation beyond repute Administrator2 has a reputation beyond repute Administrator2 has a reputation beyond repute Administrator2 has a reputation beyond repute Administrator2 has a reputation beyond repute Administrator2 has a reputation beyond repute Administrator2 has a reputation beyond repute Administrator2 has a reputation beyond repute Administrator2 has a reputation beyond repute Administrator2 has a reputation beyond repute

OTHER PARALLEL ACTION ITEMS:

There are thousands of people stuck in green card backlogs, long wait times, retreogresion but are still not aware of H.R3012 -Fairness for High-Skilled Immigrants Act and the benefits it brings by way of fairness, first-come-first-serve approach due to removal of per country caps.
We have to inform all such people about the bill and about IV grass-roots initiatives which have brought the bill close to the finish line now so they can join in the grass-roots efforts.

Please focus on below AIs between June 30th through the 4th of July weekend.

1) Print out - (color printouts much preferred) multiple copies of the following fliers

http://immigrationvoice.org/wiki/ima...help_flier.pdf
http://immigrationvoice.org/wiki/ima...chan_flier.pdf
http://immigrationvoice.org/wiki/ima...i76_flier1.pdf
http://immigrationvoice.org/wiki/ima...r2_updated.pdf

2) Post the fliers - near all grocery stores, temples, theaters and other locations which are frequented by impacted/retrogressed EB applicants who will benefited by this initiative. Use your judgement wisely on where you post the fliers.

3) Caution - DO NOT post the fliers on USPS mailboxes, it is against the law.

4) Talk to your friends/acquaintances - Pick up the phone and call your friends, colleagues, acquaintances who are still not aware of this bill. Explain the importance of H.R 3012 - how it brings long-awaited fairness to the system and reduces wait times drastically for retrogressed EB applicants. Explain how the bill was passed overwhelmingly by the House and is very close to being passed by the Senate and signed into law. There is no better tool than talking to someone to make them aware of the importance of this legislation.

5) Forward Flier - Forward soft copies of the flier to your friends, contacts and have them post it at locations in their neighborhood where it will be effective.

6) Like, Comment positively and share our Facebook page and follow us on Twitter. We are also on Google+ now. IV member donquit has been managing this single-handedly, on your behalf and its time to help him spread the message in social media world.

Facebook - https://www.facebook.com/#!/Support.HR3012
Twitter - http://twitter.com/support_hr_3012
http://twitter.com/Support_HR3012
Google+ - https://plus.google.com/109630183957372098398

We are very close to the finish line and are confident that H.R 3012 will be passed by Congress and signed into law very soon. Let us add more grassroots efforts now and be part of this historic legislative initiative. Immigration Voice requires all affected EB green card applicants - waiting for years to get a green card they deserve - to speak up, join this campaign and be counted.

----------------------------------------------------------

Quote:
Originally Posted by pappu View Post
This is a big action item and we ask each person to get it done from their company managent. If there was something very important that could help our bill pass, this is it.

Please also spread awareness. Send the link to the thread to your friends. If you know anyone in media, send the link to them. We are ready for media interviews on this.

Lastly, if you do not have monthly subscription yet, or has expired, please do so ASAP. We need resources to pull through. It has been non stop work over past year and last few months were very hectic. We need all support we can get to put more rsources in getting this bill passed.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Administrator2 View Post
1. Yes, the signature for the petition should come from the authorized signatory
2. If you are contractor, you can contact your employer and you can speak with your client manager to consider signing the petition.
3. We have around 200 companies that have signed the letter. But we unable to publish that list yet. We recommend reaching out to your employer regardless asking them to sign the petition or voice your support for their positive actions to get the bill pass.
Quote:
We have 200 companies till now. The list is not public yet. In the last few months we have been working. Nevertheless even if your company is say in the list, we want members to contact management anyways to show how much this bill means to them and that they need company's support.Do not wait to coordinate. Time is short. Each person has to do their part, More people contacting the management will only help this effort and show the company that many employees need support from the employer against fraud and unfairness.
Quote:
Please also post links of this thread on several other immigration forums out there every once in a while to have more people know about this action item and remind them again if they have not taken part in it. If any site deletes it it will only mean they do not support this bill bringing fairness to the system and stopping fraud.
Quote:
There is a like button at the bottom of the firstpost. Please click that to make it popular on facebook.
Quote:
Please spread the word to all your friends .

Let's call up and email each friend, relative in USA and seek his help. It does not matter if they are citizens green card holders. All they Have to do is come to this thread and do action item.

Last edited by ashwin_27; 07-03-2012 at 02:55 PM.

Old 06-22-2012, 12:44 PM
Administrator
Priority Date
:
Jun-02
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
08/04/2003
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140+I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
10/06/2003
Compare
Default Sample format for requesting support from HR head

Hello ____________ (NAME OF HR VP/HEAD)

I work within ___________ (Organization Name) and report to ______.

My green card application applied by the company is pending with USCIS since ______.

I’m reaching out to find out if ________ is a member of a trade group called TechNet? The reason being, there is a bill pending before US Congress and if this bill becomes the law, it will benefit my pending application and the pending application of many other colleagues at ______ (NAME OF YOUR EMPLOYER). This bill is H.R.3012 and it passed the House of Representatives by 97% votes. Soon the bill is expected to come for vote in the Senate. H.R.3012 or Fairness for High-Skilled immigration could potentially reduce my green card wait times by many years.

Trade group - TechNet - is running a drive to gather support of large technology companies to sign a petition to US Senate to consider High-Skilled immigration bill called HR3012. Apparently, you could sign the petition supporting the bill even if we are not the members of TechNet. I learned that over 200 large tech companies (some of them listed here - Members | TechNet) have already signed expressing their support for the pending high-skilled immigration bill H.R.3012. It would be great if __________ (NAME OF YOUR EMPLOYER) will consider signing this petition to US Senate.

Here is a link to more information about the petition:

Information about Petition for H.R.3012

Here is the link to online petition:

Online Petition to the Senate

Thank you for looking into this and please let me know if you would like for me to research and send additional information your way.

YOUR NAME
TITLE
SUB-ORGANIZATION NAME

Last edited by pappu; 06-27-2012 at 12:42 PM.

Old 06-22-2012, 01:00 PM
Priority Date
:
Nov-10
Category
:
EB2-NIW
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
checkmet64 has a reputation beyond repute checkmet64 has a reputation beyond repute checkmet64 has a reputation beyond repute checkmet64 has a reputation beyond repute checkmet64 has a reputation beyond repute checkmet64 has a reputation beyond repute checkmet64 has a reputation beyond repute checkmet64 has a reputation beyond repute checkmet64 has a reputation beyond repute checkmet64 has a reputation beyond repute checkmet64 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:

For past few months, we have been involved in the discussion to find a way to move forward HR3012.

With the leadership of Senator Schumer and Senator Grassley, earlier this week, the amendment to HR3012 was finalized. Every part and every letter of this amendment has been carefully vetted. We have been engaged in the amendment negotiation process right since and beginning the we know that this is a good amendment.

This amendment makes a very good bill even better. The amendment is balanced in a way where a small fraction of employers with more than 100 employees and 15% employees on H1 (L1/J1 is not part of 15%) visa will be audited. Again, the amendment is to audit employers (not employees). The amendment doesn't put any restriction on the employers or employees.

As we all know, there are some bad employers out there who take advantage of the system. This amendment is designed to root out companies engaged in fraud or exploitation. A large number of coalition, trade groups and the entire large Hi-tech industry (you know all the large companies) is fully on-board with this amendment. The reason being, they are not afraid of audit, they do not have anything to hide, they don't game the system. These 200 companies are the good citizens of the non-immigrant and immigrant visa system.

Now we need your help to reach out to more companies, your employers, to sign this petition to the key Senators. The deadline for signing this letter is now extended to 26th June.

Letter to Hi-Tech employers

Petition for Hi-Tech employers

200 of the Top companies have already signed up this petition. We need more companies to sign up.

Needless to say, some lawyers or some group of lawyers are against this amendment. We believe that this fringe group has always advocated a system where immigrants are taken advantage off.

I understand that there never existed a civilized society in which one segment did not thrive upon the labor of another. From ancient times to biblical times to now, the so called “silicon age”. The basic tenants of one segment did not thrive upon the labor of another has not changed as much. But this idea or supposedly a natural or inevitable phenomenon is totally contrary to the basic human concept of freedom, which is the first step towards innovation. If your employer business directly or indirectly depends on innovation and technology, then your employer will appreciate you letting them know about this development.

Its time for us to standup and speak for ourselves and tell everyone that immigration lawyers don't represent immigrants. Immigration lawyers and their groups only represent their own special interest to design the system to keep more people in limbo for longer so that they can pocket more money. Housing market is not about realtors; Housing market is about living the American Dream and home ownership. Likewise, the purpose of immigration system is not for Immigration lawyers to pocket more cash. Immigration system is about America, US Employers and immigrants. Its time for us to raise our voice and say it loud, that immigration lawyer or their group doesn't represent Immigrants.

Ask your employer to stand on the right side of history and support a change for you, a change which has been long awaited. Ask your employer to do the right thing NOW!

Thank You,

Team IV
This is real action !!

Old 06-22-2012, 01:02 PM
Priority Date
:
Dec-08
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
forever_waiting has a reputation beyond repute forever_waiting has a reputation beyond repute forever_waiting has a reputation beyond repute forever_waiting has a reputation beyond repute forever_waiting has a reputation beyond repute forever_waiting has a reputation beyond repute forever_waiting has a reputation beyond repute forever_waiting has a reputation beyond repute forever_waiting has a reputation beyond repute forever_waiting has a reputation beyond repute forever_waiting has a reputation beyond repute

Awesome!! I knew IV was working hard all along to make HR3012 a reality!.
Forwarding letter to my employer right now and requesting them to sign the petition! Let us get this done. For fairness and for justice in the EB green card system.
No high skilled immigrant should have to wait for decades to get a green card!

Old 06-22-2012, 01:03 PM
Priority Date
:
Nov-10
Category
:
EB2-NIW
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
checkmet64 has a reputation beyond repute checkmet64 has a reputation beyond repute checkmet64 has a reputation beyond repute checkmet64 has a reputation beyond repute checkmet64 has a reputation beyond repute checkmet64 has a reputation beyond repute checkmet64 has a reputation beyond repute checkmet64 has a reputation beyond repute checkmet64 has a reputation beyond repute checkmet64 has a reputation beyond repute checkmet64 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:

With the leadership of Senator Schumer and Senator Grassley, earlier this week, the amendment to HR3012 was finalized. Every part and every letter of this amendment has been carefully vetted. We have been engaged in the amendment negotiation process right since and beginning the we know that this is a good amendment.

This amendment makes a very good bill even better. The amendment is balanced in a way where a small fraction of employers with more than 100 employees and 15% employees on H1 (L1/J1 is not part of 15%) visa will be audited. Again, the amendment is to audit employers (not employees). The amendment doesn't put any restriction on the employers or employees.

Now we need your help to reach out to more companies, your employers, to sign this petition to the key Senators. The deadline for signing this letter is now extended to 26th June.

Letter to Hi-Tech employers

Petition for Hi-Tech employers

I understand that there never existed a civilized society in which one segment did not thrive upon the labor of another. From ancient times to biblical times to now, the so called “silicon age”. The basic tenants of one segment did not thrive upon the labor of another has not changed as much. But this idea or supposedly a natural or inevitable phenomenon is totally contrary to the basic human concept of freedom, which is the first step towards innovation. If your employer business directly or indirectly depends on innovation and technology, then your employer will appreciate you letting them know about this development.

Its time for us to standup and speak for ourselves and tell everyone that immigration lawyers don't represent immigrants. Immigration lawyers and their groups only represent their own special interest to design the system to keep more people in limbo for longer so that they can pocket more money. Housing market is not about realtors; Housing market is about living the American Dream and home ownership. Likewise, the purpose of immigration system is not for Immigration lawyers to pocket more cash. Immigration system is about America, US Employers and immigrants. Its time for us to raise our voice and say it loud, that immigration lawyer or their group doesn't represent Immigrants.

Thank You,

Team IV
Admin,

The petion that you forwarded says "tech" industry. Does is apply to biotech as well?

Old 06-22-2012, 01:04 PM
Priority Date
:
N/A
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
h1techSlave has a reputation beyond repute h1techSlave has a reputation beyond repute h1techSlave has a reputation beyond repute h1techSlave has a reputation beyond repute h1techSlave has a reputation beyond repute h1techSlave has a reputation beyond repute h1techSlave has a reputation beyond repute h1techSlave has a reputation beyond repute h1techSlave has a reputation beyond repute h1techSlave has a reputation beyond repute h1techSlave has a reputation beyond repute
Default bravo

Me and a few of our friends are taking it up with our employers.

The deadline is 26th, right?

Old 06-22-2012, 01:07 PM
Administrator
Priority Date
:
Jun-02
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
08/04/2003
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140+I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
10/06/2003
Compare

Quote:
Originally Posted by checkmet64 View Post
Admin,

The petion that you forwarded says "tech" industry. Does is apply to biotech as well?
It applies to any employer who cares for innovation. As we said, the first step to innovation is free thinking and freedom. HR3012 is about Fairness of high-skilled immigration. If your employer is Bio-Tech, this petition is very much applicable.

Thank You!

Old 06-22-2012, 01:10 PM
Priority Date
:
Nov-10
Category
:
EB2-NIW
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare

Quote:
It applies to any employer who cares for innovation. As we said, the first step to innovation is free thinking and freedom. HR3012 is about Fairness of high-skilled immigration. If your employer is Bio-Tech, this petition is very much applicable.

Thank You!
Thanks for the clarification. I will take to our HR for discussion.

Old 06-22-2012, 01:13 PM
Priority Date
:
Dec-07
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
N/A
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
gk_2000 has a reputation beyond repute gk_2000 has a reputation beyond repute gk_2000 has a reputation beyond repute gk_2000 has a reputation beyond repute gk_2000 has a reputation beyond repute gk_2000 has a reputation beyond repute gk_2000 has a reputation beyond repute gk_2000 has a reputation beyond repute gk_2000 has a reputation beyond repute gk_2000 has a reputation beyond repute gk_2000 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:

Now we need your help to reach out to more companies, your employers, to sign this petition to the key Senators.

The deadline for signing this letter is now extended to 26th June.

Letter to Hi-Tech employers (To request Hi-Tech employers to sign the petition)

Petition for Hi-Tech employers - (Petition to be signed by Hi-Tech employers and which will go to key lawmakers).

Thank You,

Team IV
Did that. Will share with other/previous employers tonight..

Old 06-22-2012, 01:16 PM
Priority Date
:
Dec-04
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
06/01/2007
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
06/30/2007
Compare
Suva has a reputation beyond repute Suva has a reputation beyond repute Suva has a reputation beyond repute Suva has a reputation beyond repute Suva has a reputation beyond repute Suva has a reputation beyond repute Suva has a reputation beyond repute Suva has a reputation beyond repute Suva has a reputation beyond repute Suva has a reputation beyond repute Suva has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks IV for working hard on this. I would forward this action item to my friends to let their employers know.

Old 06-22-2012, 01:18 PM
Priority Date
:
Dec-04
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
09/10/2006
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/25/2007
Compare
Robert Kumar has a reputation beyond repute Robert Kumar has a reputation beyond repute Robert Kumar has a reputation beyond repute Robert Kumar has a reputation beyond repute Robert Kumar has a reputation beyond repute Robert Kumar has a reputation beyond repute Robert Kumar has a reputation beyond repute Robert Kumar has a reputation beyond repute Robert Kumar has a reputation beyond repute Robert Kumar has a reputation beyond repute Robert Kumar has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:

Thank You!
THANK YOU SO MUCH, ALL Credit goes to IV leadership.

I'm on it, passing this to my employer.

Old 06-22-2012, 01:23 PM
Priority Date
:
Jun-04
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
05/25/2007
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
08/12/2007
Compare
flthere has a reputation beyond repute flthere has a reputation beyond repute flthere has a reputation beyond repute flthere has a reputation beyond repute flthere has a reputation beyond repute flthere has a reputation beyond repute flthere has a reputation beyond repute flthere has a reputation beyond repute flthere has a reputation beyond repute flthere has a reputation beyond repute flthere has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks for the initiative IV .. I just forwarded it to my employer as well.

Old 06-22-2012, 01:35 PM
Priority Date
:
Jul-06
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
07/01/2006
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
08/07/2007
Compare
amulchandra has a reputation beyond repute amulchandra has a reputation beyond repute amulchandra has a reputation beyond repute amulchandra has a reputation beyond repute amulchandra has a reputation beyond repute amulchandra has a reputation beyond repute amulchandra has a reputation beyond repute amulchandra has a reputation beyond repute amulchandra has a reputation beyond repute amulchandra has a reputation beyond repute amulchandra has a reputation beyond repute

Done

Amul

Old 06-22-2012, 01:41 PM
Donor
Priority Date
:
Aug-08
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
12/30/2011
Compare
thomachan72 has a reputation beyond repute thomachan72 has a reputation beyond repute thomachan72 has a reputation beyond repute thomachan72 has a reputation beyond repute thomachan72 has a reputation beyond repute thomachan72 has a reputation beyond repute thomachan72 has a reputation beyond repute thomachan72 has a reputation beyond repute thomachan72 has a reputation beyond repute thomachan72 has a reputation beyond repute thomachan72 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by amulchandra View Post
Done

Amul
Amul pls make sure they sign it when you get time. Those among us who have a good shot at gettting this signed "SHOULD WITHOUT FAIL" help out with this AI.
I am forwarding to few of my friend now. My comp is biotech with an HR very difficult to convince but will certainly try today itself.
Best of luck everybody. This is it!!!!!!!!

Closed Thread