Immigration Voice - Forums
Register Get Involved Contact Lawmakers Advocacy Discussion Image Image Image Image

Go Back   Immigration Voice > Immigration Voice Issues and Congressional updates > IV Agenda and Legislative Updates
Click to log in with Facebook
IV Agenda and Legislative Updates Immigration Voice's Agenda and Legislative Updates

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-04-2012, 12:22 PM
Priority Date
:
Jul-03
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/02/2007
Compare
sanhari has a reputation beyond repute sanhari has a reputation beyond repute sanhari has a reputation beyond repute sanhari has a reputation beyond repute sanhari has a reputation beyond repute sanhari has a reputation beyond repute sanhari has a reputation beyond repute sanhari has a reputation beyond repute sanhari has a reputation beyond repute sanhari has a reputation beyond repute sanhari has a reputation beyond repute
Default Just subscribed for a monthly donation to IV

Date of sign up: Jul 4, 2012
Subscription Name: Donation to Support Immigration Voice (User: sanhari)

Just now subscribed for a monthly donation to IV.

Good luck to all of us on getting the HR3012 signed and passed at the earliest

Thanks to IV for all the efforts and selfless service....
Bookmark and Share Compare Reply With Quote

1 out of 1 members found this post helpful.
Old 07-04-2012, 02:07 PM
Priority Date
:
Jul-03
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
Chandini has a reputation beyond repute Chandini has a reputation beyond repute Chandini has a reputation beyond repute Chandini has a reputation beyond repute Chandini has a reputation beyond repute Chandini has a reputation beyond repute Chandini has a reputation beyond repute Chandini has a reputation beyond repute Chandini has a reputation beyond repute Chandini has a reputation beyond repute Chandini has a reputation beyond repute
Default Donated

Pappu,

Receipt No: 4337-5364-6286-6467.

Posted flyers at the temple and Indian grocery stores.

Already Sent Hindu temple database and other organization of 9000 people an email blasts about H R 3012

Sent a email to small desi community database in CA.

i will TRY requesting the Sai center and Chinnmaya mission people to send the same.

Hope it helps. Good luck to each and every one

2 out of 2 members found this post helpful.
Old 07-04-2012, 03:12 PM
Administrator
Priority Date
:
Mar-06
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
05/06/2006
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
06/29/2007
Compare
pappu has a reputation beyond repute pappu has a reputation beyond repute pappu has a reputation beyond repute pappu has a reputation beyond repute pappu has a reputation beyond repute pappu has a reputation beyond repute pappu has a reputation beyond repute pappu has a reputation beyond repute pappu has a reputation beyond repute pappu has a reputation beyond repute pappu has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chandini View Post
Pappu,

Receipt No: 4337-5364-6286-6467.

Posted flyers at the temple and Indian grocery stores.

Already Sent Hindu temple database and other organization of 9000 people an email blasts about H R 3012

Sent a email to small desi community database in CA.

i will TRY requesting the Sai center and Chinnmaya mission people to send the same.

Hope it helps. Good luck to each and every one
Thank you

Facebook | YouTube | Twitter | Mailing List

===================
I do not give legal advice. You can pay and get it from Lawyers. Just show me some love and click the links above to help ImmigrationVoice any way you choose.
-----------

Old 07-04-2012, 03:57 PM
Priority Date
:
Jan-05
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
08/13/2007
Compare
ahasan is on a distinguished road
Default Donated

Donated $100

Receipt number: 1886-9166-0264-2237.

Thanks IV

Old 07-04-2012, 09:08 PM
Priority Date
:
Mar-05
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
07/09/2007
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140+I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
08/14/2007
Compare
sripk has a reputation beyond repute sripk has a reputation beyond repute sripk has a reputation beyond repute sripk has a reputation beyond repute sripk has a reputation beyond repute sripk has a reputation beyond repute sripk has a reputation beyond repute sripk has a reputation beyond repute sripk has a reputation beyond repute sripk has a reputation beyond repute sripk has a reputation beyond repute
Default Posted flyers

I posted flyers today at many buildings in our big apartment complex but surprisingly there was not even a single flyer related to this in any of the places though many Indians live and work here in the heart of silicon valley. I can only imagine how hard it must be for the core team to motivate people to help themselves by at least spreading the word if not more. Hope people realize that everyone must do their part and not wait for others to do all the work. I spoke to couple of non Indians and they were very supportive. I explained the issue but one of them asked me why I don't go back to India instead of struggling here as job market is good there. I told I earned my advanced degree here and why not GC as i have lived and contributed to economy for a decade in this country. Thanks again IV for fighting this battle with few resources and close to getting this bill passed!

Old 07-05-2012, 12:26 AM
Donor
Priority Date
:
Mar-05
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
turvi76 has a reputation beyond repute turvi76 has a reputation beyond repute turvi76 has a reputation beyond repute turvi76 has a reputation beyond repute turvi76 has a reputation beyond repute turvi76 has a reputation beyond repute turvi76 has a reputation beyond repute turvi76 has a reputation beyond repute turvi76 has a reputation beyond repute turvi76 has a reputation beyond repute turvi76 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by sripk View Post
I posted flyers today at many buildings in our big apartment complex but surprisingly there was not even a single flyer related to this in any of the places though many Indians live and work here in the heart of silicon valley. I can only imagine how hard it must be for the core team to motivate people to help themselves by at least spreading the word if not more. Hope people realize that everyone must do their part and not wait for others to do all the work. I spoke to couple of non Indians and they were very supportive. I explained the issue but one of them asked me why I don't go back to India instead of struggling here as job market is good there. I told I earned my advanced degree here and why not GC as i have lived and contributed to economy for a decade in this country. Thanks again IV for fighting this battle with few resources and close to getting this bill passed!
True. I went to a couple grocery stores and indian chat cafe and none of them had the flyers. I educated the people at the counter about this bill in case anyone asked them what it is about. I was really surprised that so many indians frequent these stores and there was no action.
My non-indian coworkers and friends have been super supportive and have already signed the online petition.
At this moment, i believe, we need more people like us, stuck on H-1b to join IV and contribute.
IV - can you please take few other members suggestions to make H.R. 3012 more prominent on the homepage? I know most of you are stretched thin with plenty tasks along with your day jobs. I applaud your time and sincerity. We cannot thank you enough!

Rally|Accommodation|Merchandize|Posters|Volunteers

Old 07-05-2012, 09:29 AM
Priority Date
:
Aug-09
Category
:
N/A
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
satyasrd has a brilliant future satyasrd has a brilliant future satyasrd has a brilliant future satyasrd has a brilliant future satyasrd has a brilliant future satyasrd has a brilliant future satyasrd has a brilliant future satyasrd has a brilliant future satyasrd has a brilliant future satyasrd has a brilliant future satyasrd has a brilliant future
Default Flier format

Hi,
Could someone please give me a format for the flier? I want to post it in my apartment complex and local grocery stores.
I am from the Boston area.

Thank you!

Old 07-05-2012, 09:42 AM
Donor
Priority Date
:
Aug-08
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
12/30/2011
Compare
thomachan72 has a reputation beyond repute thomachan72 has a reputation beyond repute thomachan72 has a reputation beyond repute thomachan72 has a reputation beyond repute thomachan72 has a reputation beyond repute thomachan72 has a reputation beyond repute thomachan72 has a reputation beyond repute thomachan72 has a reputation beyond repute thomachan72 has a reputation beyond repute thomachan72 has a reputation beyond repute thomachan72 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by satyasrd View Post
Hi,
Could someone please give me a format for the flier? I want to post it in my apartment complex and local grocery stores.

Thank you!
You can download the flyers from the first page of the action item thread.

Old 07-05-2012, 11:09 AM
Donor
Priority Date
:
Jul-06
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
07/15/2006
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/02/2007
Compare
new_horizon has a reputation beyond repute new_horizon has a reputation beyond repute new_horizon has a reputation beyond repute new_horizon has a reputation beyond repute new_horizon has a reputation beyond repute new_horizon has a reputation beyond repute new_horizon has a reputation beyond repute new_horizon has a reputation beyond repute new_horizon has a reputation beyond repute new_horizon has a reputation beyond repute new_horizon has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by satyasrd View Post
Hi,

Thank you!
You'll find it here:

http://immigrationvoice.org/forum/fo...st3512058.html

- Member of MI IV Chapter
- Contributing $25 monthly since 2007
- Several one-time contributions totalling over $1,500
- Participated in ALL Advocacy Efforts in Washington DC & San Jose since JUL 2007
- I am doing my part, have you done yours to advance our mutual cause?

* If you have the Faith of a Mustard Seed You can say to the Mountain 'Be Moved', and it WILL be Moved!!

** Faith without Action is Futile.

- The Bible

Old 07-05-2012, 01:52 PM
Priority Date
:
Apr-10
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
GCSeeker_1 has a brilliant future GCSeeker_1 has a brilliant future GCSeeker_1 has a brilliant future GCSeeker_1 has a brilliant future GCSeeker_1 has a brilliant future GCSeeker_1 has a brilliant future GCSeeker_1 has a brilliant future GCSeeker_1 has a brilliant future GCSeeker_1 has a brilliant future GCSeeker_1 has a brilliant future GCSeeker_1 has a brilliant future
Thumbs up Donation

Donated $100.00
Thanks IV for all your efforts ..
Your receipt number for this payment is: 3137-6290-1406-3917

GCSeeker_1

Old 07-06-2012, 11:15 PM
Priority Date
:
Dec-08
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
forever_waiting has a reputation beyond repute forever_waiting has a reputation beyond repute forever_waiting has a reputation beyond repute forever_waiting has a reputation beyond repute forever_waiting has a reputation beyond repute forever_waiting has a reputation beyond repute forever_waiting has a reputation beyond repute forever_waiting has a reputation beyond repute forever_waiting has a reputation beyond repute forever_waiting has a reputation beyond repute forever_waiting has a reputation beyond repute

Forwarded fliers to a friend in Dallas and talked to him to post the fliers there. He lives in an area with lots of desi folks but hasn't seen the flier anywhere there so far. I am sure there are lots of folks on this forum from Dallas...please help spread the message there.

Old 07-07-2012, 07:24 AM
Priority Date
:
Dec-04
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
09/10/2006
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/25/2007
Compare
Robert Kumar has a reputation beyond repute Robert Kumar has a reputation beyond repute Robert Kumar has a reputation beyond repute Robert Kumar has a reputation beyond repute Robert Kumar has a reputation beyond repute Robert Kumar has a reputation beyond repute Robert Kumar has a reputation beyond repute Robert Kumar has a reputation beyond repute Robert Kumar has a reputation beyond repute Robert Kumar has a reputation beyond repute Robert Kumar has a reputation beyond repute
Default Please spread the mesg, its very easy

Staples charges between 5c to 10 c for a copy. 500 copies cost $25.00.

I'm getting these into Indian stores and into places of worship through friends.
Please do your part. You can see my signature RK at the bottom(just to let you know you will recognize that I did by end of today).
DO YOUR PART. ITS FOR EVERYONE.

Old 07-07-2012, 10:33 AM
Priority Date
:
Apr-08
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
deepakd has a reputation beyond repute deepakd has a reputation beyond repute deepakd has a reputation beyond repute deepakd has a reputation beyond repute deepakd has a reputation beyond repute deepakd has a reputation beyond repute deepakd has a reputation beyond repute deepakd has a reputation beyond repute deepakd has a reputation beyond repute deepakd has a reputation beyond repute deepakd has a reputation beyond repute

Made a one time contribution of $100: Your receipt number for this payment is: 3029-1186-0673-4565.

Already have monthly contribution of $25 for next 6 months.

Donated: $100 so far.
Done AI for HR3012 as well/Do.
Donated 11K airlines miles

Old 07-07-2012, 05:20 PM
Priority Date
:
Dec-04
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
09/10/2006
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/25/2007
Compare
Robert Kumar has a reputation beyond repute Robert Kumar has a reputation beyond repute Robert Kumar has a reputation beyond repute Robert Kumar has a reputation beyond repute Robert Kumar has a reputation beyond repute Robert Kumar has a reputation beyond repute Robert Kumar has a reputation beyond repute Robert Kumar has a reputation beyond repute Robert Kumar has a reputation beyond repute Robert Kumar has a reputation beyond repute Robert Kumar has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robert Kumar View Post
Staples charges between 5c to 10 c for a copy. 500 copies cost $25.00.

I'm getting these into Indian stores and into places of worship through friends.
Please do your part. You can see my signature RK at the bottom(just to let you know you will recognize that I did by end of today).
DO YOUR PART. ITS FOR EVERYONE.
You can NOW see the posters in the three most crowded Indian grocery stores at Oak Tree, NJ in the same place when you find the free magazines.

Old 07-07-2012, 06:29 PM
Priority Date
:
Jul-03
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
Chandini has a reputation beyond repute Chandini has a reputation beyond repute Chandini has a reputation beyond repute Chandini has a reputation beyond repute Chandini has a reputation beyond repute Chandini has a reputation beyond repute Chandini has a reputation beyond repute Chandini has a reputation beyond repute Chandini has a reputation beyond repute Chandini has a reputation beyond repute Chandini has a reputation beyond repute
Default Flyers

I posted IV last week and left about 30 flyer. I just visited the temple and Indian store now.

All the flyer are taken and some of them even tore the Immigration voice website address so people are looking at my flyer. :-)

Good luck for each and every one of us.

0 out of 2 members found this post helpful.