Immigration Voice

Immigration Voice (https://immigrationvoice.org/forum/)
-   IV Agenda and Legislative Updates (https://immigrationvoice.org/forum/forum16-iv-agenda-and-legislative-updates/)
-   -   UPDATED:Quick action item July 2012 (https://immigrationvoice.org/forum/forum16-iv-agenda-and-legislative-updates/3052016-updated-quick-action-item-july-2012-a.html)

thomachan72 07-10-2012 01:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by vsrinir (Post 3530086)
I did posted flyers at Grocery Stores, Temples.

My question: What is the use of posting flyers at indian grocery stores and temples.

How they ( our indian community ) supports our issue in congress?almost everybody has this very same question (will our desi community help us or would they even care?) so you are not alone. Our job is not to convince everybody to join our cause. We are looking for ways to bring in those folks who have not joined us yet either because they are totally not aware of IVs efforts or have been disinterested so far due to lack of belief in the possibility of success with the legislative process. The news of the success of the bill so far should not be confined within this community. Only massive public movements get some response from the senators/reps so we are doing our best to get more folks to join

We need to fucus on action items like what we did in 2007 " Flower campaign to Congress/President".flower campaign, as you said, has been used before when IV felt that it would help. Thats not the case now. Either way, even for a successful flower campaign we need more people to join our cause. few hundred people sending flowers will not do anything other than waste money

Please correct me if I am wrong.

Hopefully atleast a few people will pick up your flyers and visit our website. Dont underestimate the effect of these flyers/your calling etc. The whole process snowballs into something bigger gradually. Next time we put up flyers it will be noticed even more.

bpratap 07-10-2012 01:48 PM

Car Bumper Sticker

A suggestion.

Can we place these IV print outs in our car Glass / doors ? our cars will be mobile advertisement for IV's grass root efforts. what are the thought's around it ?

sukhwinderd 07-10-2012 02:17 PM

it will

attract indian/chinese and ROW alike. not sure I want to do that.

Quote:

Originally Posted by bpratap (Post 3530160)
A suggestion.

Can we place these IV print outs in our car Glass / doors ? our cars will be mobile advertisement for IV's grass root efforts. what are the thought's around it ?

geve 07-10-2012 02:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pappu (Post 3530069)
Its better to be a religious worker than a high skilled worker . :) The religious worker category is always current.

Pappu,

It is too late. Since 2000 we ( New temple, I am one of the Trustee.) sponsored 4 priests and all of them got their GC with in 2 years. Being a Vedic scholar is not easy too. I believe they deserver that.

vsrinir 07-10-2012 02:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by thomachan72 (Post 3530145)
Hopefully atleast a few people will pick up your flyers and visit our website. Dont underestimate the effect of these flyers/your calling etc. The whole process snowballs into something bigger gradually. Next time we put up flyers it will be noticed even more.

Thank you very much for the time. I totally agree with you.

gk_2000 has replied me with out patience. One has to learn nice way of communication.

vsrinir 07-10-2012 02:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by thomachan72 (Post 3530145)

gk_2000 has replied me with out patience. One has to learn good way of communication.

we are all here for the same cause. not for fighting between us.

dts 07-11-2012 11:16 AM

Bump

Can't let thread down.

gk_2000 07-11-2012 12:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by vsrinir (Post 3530222)

gk_2000 has replied me with out patience. One has to learn good way of communication.

we are all here for the same cause. not for fighting between us.

To clarify, your question seems to imply
- since desi guys are not in senate what is the use of telling them
- attack senate directly with flower campaign

This means that you don't know what IV has been doing since past many months (advocacy) and when I checked your join date it was way back in 2006. Hence my comment is justified

i_my_Voice 07-11-2012 03:24 PM

Hold lifted now...:) sent $ 200.....Go IV!!!!!!!!

pappu 07-11-2012 09:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sm2009 (Post 3532435)
First post here. Small contribution of $100.
Thanks a lot team IV for all the hard work, great job !!!

Thank you. Each contribution will help us put in more resources to inch closer to our goal of getting HR3012 passed. Please encourage your friends to join and support this effort asap. This is crunch time and we need all hands on the deck for support.

IndiaEB32003 07-11-2012 10:11 PM

Thank you IV

Just made a small contribution of $100
Your transaction ID for this payment is: 7E2316147T997950S

ivwizard 07-12-2012 03:28 AM

Donated $100

Donated $100 for the cause. Transaction Id - 60245169FY999342F

smiles 07-17-2012 10:47 AM

Posted more flyers in local stores... It was encouraging to see that most of the places already had flyers and HR3012 Wiki handouts in prominent places...

Guys, I think the wave has picked up and we're getting there.... Doing AI everyday, GO IV !!!

turvi76 07-17-2012 12:04 PM

I am following senate sessions live online every day in anticipation of H.R. 3012 being brought upů keeping my fingers crossed and wishing for the best.
Does anyone know how to look up senate calendar in advance for the future day(s)?

This two week period is super crucial to get the bill to vote before the lengthy august recess and it makes me very worried.

Done AI(emails) for today like every day. Go IV!

spicy_guy 07-17-2012 12:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by turvi76 (Post 3541790)
I am following senate sessions live online every day in anticipation of H.R. 3012 being brought upů keeping my fingers crossed and wishing for the best.
Does anyone know how to look up senate calendar in advance for the future day(s)?

This two week period is super crucial to get the bill to vote before the lengthy august recess and it makes me very worried.

Done AI(emails) for today like every day. Go IV!

Unless we hear anything from IV core, I guess no one knows anything for sure.