Immigration Voice - Forums
Register Get Involved Contact Lawmakers Advocacy Discussion Image Image Image Image

Go Back   Immigration Voice > Immigration Voice Issues and Congressional updates > IV Agenda and Legislative Updates
Click to log in with Facebook
IV Agenda and Legislative Updates Immigration Voice's Agenda and Legislative Updates

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-29-2012, 07:47 PM
Priority Date
:
Dec-07
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
N/A
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
gk_2000 has a reputation beyond repute gk_2000 has a reputation beyond repute gk_2000 has a reputation beyond repute gk_2000 has a reputation beyond repute gk_2000 has a reputation beyond repute gk_2000 has a reputation beyond repute gk_2000 has a reputation beyond repute gk_2000 has a reputation beyond repute gk_2000 has a reputation beyond repute gk_2000 has a reputation beyond repute gk_2000 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by dts View Post
Updated flyer with tear off sheet.
'Law coming soon ' may be magnet for passive people and go deep in to this and then start supporting..
Please update flyer if you wish so...
Ok... I took another look, and have more points. I will not be able to edit it, because the text is in image form

- "waiting" -- needs capital "W"
- "Here it is" --- really?
Try: YOU can now make it happen
- Remove the law coming soon and final push lines below the image. Now
"ACT NOW FOR HR 3012" will remain. Makes sense?
- below that write:
It only needs your support for the FINAL PUSH
End 20 years wait for getting your green card. Join IV etc etc

Also, the image is "flattened" a bit. Try to lengthen it. You can drag down the bottom margin all the way. That will make room. See attached.
Attached Files
File Type: doc HR3012_FinalPush.doc (224.5 KB, 29 views)

Old 06-29-2012, 07:48 PM
Priority Date
:
Nov-10
Category
:
EB2-NIW
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
checkmet64 has a reputation beyond repute checkmet64 has a reputation beyond repute checkmet64 has a reputation beyond repute checkmet64 has a reputation beyond repute checkmet64 has a reputation beyond repute checkmet64 has a reputation beyond repute checkmet64 has a reputation beyond repute checkmet64 has a reputation beyond repute checkmet64 has a reputation beyond repute checkmet64 has a reputation beyond repute checkmet64 has a reputation beyond repute
Default great job

Quote:
Originally Posted by pappu View Post
Thanks. It looks good.

all 3 posters can now be printed and posted this weekend.
All 3 look great. I liked the one with King-Gandhi-Mandela the best, DHANSU really !!

Old 06-29-2012, 07:57 PM
Donor
Priority Date
:
Mar-05
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
turvi76 has a reputation beyond repute turvi76 has a reputation beyond repute turvi76 has a reputation beyond repute turvi76 has a reputation beyond repute turvi76 has a reputation beyond repute turvi76 has a reputation beyond repute turvi76 has a reputation beyond repute turvi76 has a reputation beyond repute turvi76 has a reputation beyond repute turvi76 has a reputation beyond repute turvi76 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashwin_27 View Post
Pappu's first post is updated with all the details and links to fliers.
Please start the action item ASAP.
ashwin_27, i had two posters. can you also post the second one (IV Poster-Clock1.pdf ) to pappu's original post if you deem that worthy too?
thanks.
Bookmark and Share Compare Reply With Quote

Old 06-29-2012, 07:59 PM
Donor/Moderator
Priority Date
:
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
12/22/2009
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
sage2006 has a reputation beyond repute sage2006 has a reputation beyond repute sage2006 has a reputation beyond repute sage2006 has a reputation beyond repute sage2006 has a reputation beyond repute sage2006 has a reputation beyond repute sage2006 has a reputation beyond repute sage2006 has a reputation beyond repute sage2006 has a reputation beyond repute sage2006 has a reputation beyond repute sage2006 has a reputation beyond repute

culd you correct the website address - its www.immigrationvoice.org
also pls attach the second flier you are referring to in a reply post and I can add it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by turvi76 View Post
ashwin_27, i had two posters. can you also post the second one (IV Poster-Clock1.pdf ) to pappu's original post if you deem that worthy too?
thanks.

Old 06-29-2012, 08:10 PM
Priority Date
:
N/A
Category
:
N/A
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
N/A
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
digital2k has a reputation beyond repute digital2k has a reputation beyond repute digital2k has a reputation beyond repute digital2k has a reputation beyond repute digital2k has a reputation beyond repute digital2k has a reputation beyond repute digital2k has a reputation beyond repute digital2k has a reputation beyond repute digital2k has a reputation beyond repute digital2k has a reputation beyond repute digital2k has a reputation beyond repute
Thumbs up Here We are - NOW

Thank You
Quote:
Thanks. It looks good.
all 3 posters can now be printed and posted this weekend.
Quote:
We had done these posters ImmigrationVoice.org - Immigration Voice Posters and Banners

few years ago. Could few members volunteer and create a few options today. We want people to be able to print them and post this weekend in grocery stores, places of worship and any other place where more immigrants come. This is an urgent action item to get people come together for 3012 asap on IV and help push it. Once there is a good copy, even I will be posting a poster this evening. It is a collaborative action item.

Please post on this thread the text you propose should be written. The other people who are not good with writing skills can try to create this flyer in a word document and post here. It does not matter if we have many designs. We just want people having posters to print for this weekend and 4th july holiday.

Message focus:
needs to be catchy and very simple.
- Bill to end backlogs coming soon. We need help get it passed.
- The bill removes country limits, the root cause of backlogs.
- Join Immigration voice
- Immigration voice is the largest grassroots organization of immigrants in USA.

And tear sheets below with Immigrationvoice name and immigrationvoice.org URL for people to tear and take home to remember the url.

UPDATE WITH DETAILS OF ACTION ITEM

1) Print out - (color printouts much preferred) multiple copies of the following fliers

http://immigrationvoice.org/wiki/images/0/05/Needhelp_flier.pdf
http://immigrationvoice.org/wiki/images/b/b0/Thomachan_flier.pdf

2) Post the fliers - near all grocery stores, temples, theaters and other locations which are frequented by impacted/retrogressed EB applicants who will benefited by this initiative. Use your judgement wisely on where you post the fliers.

3) Caution - DO NOT post the fliers on USPS mailboxes, it is against the law.

4) Talk to your friends/acquaintances - Pick up the phone and call your friends, colleagues, acquaintances who are still not aware of this bill. Explain the importance of H.R 3012 - how it brings long-awaited fairness to the system and reduces wait times drastically for retrogressed EB applicants. Explain how the bill was passed overwhelmingly by the House and is very close to being passed by the Senate and signed into law. There is no better tool than talking to someone to make them aware of the importance of this legislation.

5) Forward Flier - Forward soft copies of the flier to your friends, contacts and have them post it at locations in their neighborhood where it will be effective.

6) Like, Comment positively and share our Facebook page and follow us on Twitter. IV member donquit has been managing this single-handedly, on your behalf and its time to help him spread the message in social media world.

Facebook - https://www.facebook.com/#!/Support.HR3012
Twitter - http://twitter.com/support_hr_3012

We are very close to the finish line and are confident that H.R 3012 will be passed by Congress and signed into law very soon. Let us add more grassroots efforts now and be part of this historic legislative initiative. Immigration Voice requires all affected EB green card applicants - waiting for years to get a green card they deserve - to speak up, join this campaign and be counted.
Its our Chance to make the most out of next few days ...
Proud contributor, active in all Action Items

Old 06-29-2012, 08:49 PM
Donor
Priority Date
:
Mar-05
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
turvi76 has a reputation beyond repute turvi76 has a reputation beyond repute turvi76 has a reputation beyond repute turvi76 has a reputation beyond repute turvi76 has a reputation beyond repute turvi76 has a reputation beyond repute turvi76 has a reputation beyond repute turvi76 has a reputation beyond repute turvi76 has a reputation beyond repute turvi76 has a reputation beyond repute turvi76 has a reputation beyond repute

ashwin_27 here is 1 of 2 fliers...
Attached Files
File Type: pdf IV-AI HR3012 Flier - Red White Blue.pdf (1.15 MB, 73 views)

Old 06-29-2012, 08:51 PM
Donor
Priority Date
:
Mar-05
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare

ashwin_27, here is 2 of 2 fliers...
Attached Files
File Type: pdf IV-AI HR3012 Flier - Year Clock.pdf (238.2 KB, 94 views)

Old 06-30-2012, 02:05 AM
Priority Date
:
Nov-10
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
12/12/2011
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
smiles has a reputation beyond repute smiles has a reputation beyond repute smiles has a reputation beyond repute smiles has a reputation beyond repute smiles has a reputation beyond repute smiles has a reputation beyond repute smiles has a reputation beyond repute smiles has a reputation beyond repute smiles has a reputation beyond repute smiles has a reputation beyond repute smiles has a reputation beyond repute
Default Thanks....

Great effort !! Just saw the posters and all of them look awesome !!

I'll be the first one to post in all prominent locations in my city in the morning... thanks again for all the contributions....

1 out of 1 members found this post helpful.
Old 06-30-2012, 12:07 PM
Priority Date
:
Oct-04
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
spicy_guy has a reputation beyond repute spicy_guy has a reputation beyond repute spicy_guy has a reputation beyond repute spicy_guy has a reputation beyond repute spicy_guy has a reputation beyond repute spicy_guy has a reputation beyond repute spicy_guy has a reputation beyond repute spicy_guy has a reputation beyond repute spicy_guy has a reputation beyond repute spicy_guy has a reputation beyond repute spicy_guy has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by thomachan72 View Post
My spell check did not catch that. Here is the corrected one
I have a few minor suggestions.

1. Text Immigrationvoice.org is not legit. We should make it eye catchy when we glance at the poster.
2. There should be a comma between "WHEN THESE SOULS TALKED, OTHER SOULS LISTENED".
3. I think there should verbiage somewhere about Green Card, Backlog, etc. That way, it will be more compelling.

Old 06-30-2012, 02:29 PM
Priority Date
:
Dec-01
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
sbuggana has a reputation beyond repute sbuggana has a reputation beyond repute sbuggana has a reputation beyond repute sbuggana has a reputation beyond repute sbuggana has a reputation beyond repute sbuggana has a reputation beyond repute sbuggana has a reputation beyond repute sbuggana has a reputation beyond repute sbuggana has a reputation beyond repute sbuggana has a reputation beyond repute sbuggana has a reputation beyond repute

most of the versions look very decent to me but i think the more important point to ro post at places where lot of people not only will pay attention but have time to discuss and willing to act on it. to do this people need to hang in there and explain the stuff.Just try to be the best salesman for this noble cause . Please call every single indian and even americans you know and are willing to sign the petition b'cos numbers matter, whether they are GC holders or citizens.

Old 06-30-2012, 02:56 PM
Priority Date
:
Dec-04
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
09/10/2006
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/25/2007
Compare
Robert Kumar has a reputation beyond repute Robert Kumar has a reputation beyond repute Robert Kumar has a reputation beyond repute Robert Kumar has a reputation beyond repute Robert Kumar has a reputation beyond repute Robert Kumar has a reputation beyond repute Robert Kumar has a reputation beyond repute Robert Kumar has a reputation beyond repute Robert Kumar has a reputation beyond repute Robert Kumar has a reputation beyond repute Robert Kumar has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by turvi76 View Post
ashwin_27, here is 2 of 2 fliers...
Great Flyers.
I'm printing these now and will place them at grocery stories in the area,

Old 06-30-2012, 03:36 PM
Priority Date
:
Dec-08
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
forever_waiting has a reputation beyond repute forever_waiting has a reputation beyond repute forever_waiting has a reputation beyond repute forever_waiting has a reputation beyond repute forever_waiting has a reputation beyond repute forever_waiting has a reputation beyond repute forever_waiting has a reputation beyond repute forever_waiting has a reputation beyond repute forever_waiting has a reputation beyond repute forever_waiting has a reputation beyond repute forever_waiting has a reputation beyond repute

Posted several fliers at a nearby desi grocery store this morning. Half the strips were gone on many of the fliers by the time I was done shopping.
Will post at two temples this evening.

Come on folks..need more energy here!!

Quote:
[i]------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
UPDATED WITH DETAILS OF ACTION ITEM[/u][/b]

1) Print out - (color printouts much preferred) multiple copies of the following fliers

http://immigrationvoice.org/wiki/ima...help_flier.pdf
http://immigrationvoice.org/wiki/ima...chan_flier.pdf
http://immigrationvoice.org/wiki/ima...i76_flier1.pdf
http://immigrationvoice.org/wiki/ima...i76_flier2.pdf

2) Post the fliers - near all grocery stores, temples, theaters and other locations which are frequented by impacted/retrogressed EB applicants who will benefited by this initiative. Use your judgement wisely on where you post the fliers. Please start this weekend and continue through the July 4th weekend.

3) Caution - DO NOT post the fliers on USPS mailboxes, it is against the law.

4) Talk to your friends/acquaintances - Pick up the phone and call your friends, colleagues, acquaintances who are still not aware of this bill. Explain the importance of H.R 3012 - how it brings long-awaited fairness to the system and reduces wait times drastically for retrogressed EB applicants. Explain how the bill was passed overwhelmingly by the House and is very close to being passed by the Senate and signed into law. There is no better tool than talking to someone to make them aware of the importance of this legislation.
Encourage your friends to become members and CONTRIBUTE to IV and help in the advocacy efforts.

5) Forward Flier - Forward soft copies of the flier to your friends, contacts and have them post it at locations in their neighborhood where it will be effective.

6) Like, Comment positively and share our Facebook page and follow us on Twitter. We are also on Google+ now. IV member donquit has been managing this single-handedly, on your behalf and its time to help him spread the message in social media world.

Facebook - https://www.facebook.com/#!/Support.HR3012
Twitter - Pass.HR3012 (SUPPORT_HR_3012) on Twitter
Support.HR3012 (SUPPORT_HR3012) on Twitter
Google+ - https://plus.google.com/109630183957372098398

We are very close to the finish line and are confident that H.R 3012 will be passed by Congress and signed into law very soon. Let us add more grassroots efforts now and be part of this historic legislative initiative. Immigration Voice requires all affected EB green card applicants - waiting for years to get a green card they deserve - to speak up, join this campaign and be counted.

1 out of 1 members found this post helpful.
Old 06-30-2012, 04:02 PM
Priority Date
:
Oct-04
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
spicy_guy has a reputation beyond repute spicy_guy has a reputation beyond repute spicy_guy has a reputation beyond repute spicy_guy has a reputation beyond repute spicy_guy has a reputation beyond repute spicy_guy has a reputation beyond repute spicy_guy has a reputation beyond repute spicy_guy has a reputation beyond repute spicy_guy has a reputation beyond repute spicy_guy has a reputation beyond repute spicy_guy has a reputation beyond repute
Default Sticky thread

As new people flock in, I guess we need to make the Important thread sticky. That way new people won't wander over the site to get the right info. (Action items?)

0 out of 1 members found this post helpful.
Old 06-30-2012, 04:10 PM
Priority Date
:
Jul-03
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
Chandini has a reputation beyond repute Chandini has a reputation beyond repute Chandini has a reputation beyond repute Chandini has a reputation beyond repute Chandini has a reputation beyond repute Chandini has a reputation beyond repute Chandini has a reputation beyond repute Chandini has a reputation beyond repute Chandini has a reputation beyond repute Chandini has a reputation beyond repute Chandini has a reputation beyond repute
Default Flyers in Chicago

I already posted in Temples and 2 indian grocery stores. I left about 30 printed papers at the temple and flyers are already taken. Hope it helps

Old 06-30-2012, 04:32 PM
Donor
Priority Date
:
Mar-05
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare

Quote:
Originally Posted by spicy_guy View Post
As new people flock in, I guess we need to make the Important thread sticky. That way new people won't wander over the site to get the right info. (Action items?)
I second that. The homepage has lot of items and its easy for a new comer to get lost and loose interest.
Admin- Can the website be a little adjusted to make the pressing items/action items more stand out?

I dont know if others face this but i frequently get bumped out after logging in and have to try several times to retain my account logged in to post something on the forum.