Immigration Voice - Forums
Register Get Involved Contact Lawmakers Advocacy Discussion Image Image Image Image

Go Back   Immigration Voice > Immigration Voice Issues and Congressional updates > IV Agenda and Legislative Updates
Click to log in with Facebook
IV Agenda and Legislative Updates Immigration Voice's Agenda and Legislative Updates

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-03-2012, 01:24 PM
Priority Date
:
Dec-07
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
N/A
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
gk_2000 has a reputation beyond repute gk_2000 has a reputation beyond repute gk_2000 has a reputation beyond repute gk_2000 has a reputation beyond repute gk_2000 has a reputation beyond repute gk_2000 has a reputation beyond repute gk_2000 has a reputation beyond repute gk_2000 has a reputation beyond repute gk_2000 has a reputation beyond repute gk_2000 has a reputation beyond repute gk_2000 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by h1techSlave View Post
I have taken some 25 print outs of the first and last fliers and gave to all my colleagues @ work and requested them to post in Indian store, Gym etc.

The sad fact is that the awareness of EB GC issues is very low.
Not only that, but the resistance level is also very high. it is tiring!

Old 07-03-2012, 01:28 PM
Priority Date
:
Dec-07
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
N/A
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
gk_2000 has a reputation beyond repute gk_2000 has a reputation beyond repute gk_2000 has a reputation beyond repute gk_2000 has a reputation beyond repute gk_2000 has a reputation beyond repute gk_2000 has a reputation beyond repute gk_2000 has a reputation beyond repute gk_2000 has a reputation beyond repute gk_2000 has a reputation beyond repute gk_2000 has a reputation beyond repute gk_2000 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by thomachan72 View Post
Not true. The level of awarness about EB GC issues is quite adequate among both the EB community as well as others. Everybody know the issues of H1bs/H4s/labor audits/long waits etc etc The problem is that nobody believes that anything can be done about that. It is that perception that needs to be changed. Most people believe that 8 year wait is normal and not anything that is worth complaining about.

I do agree that the level of awareness about pending bill 3012 is very low. Again nobody even remotely thinks that it is possible for a group of immigrants who are all either on H1b or on EAD and a few of their friends who have been greened can create such an impact. But here we are, right on the doorstep of great freedom!! It is that impact of IV that needs to be spread among others. That we are "one" and the day is already here when EB immigrants also have a voice and a mechanism in place to voice their rightful demands.

We are happy that IV has finally broken the "ilusion" of a "helpful AILA". We dont want them to fight for us. They are welcome to join us but not to dictate terms for any matter that affects us.
Whenever I mention AILA, my friends run away, saying they are very powerful and we must have them on our side if we want to succeed. Also they say that in Nov 2011 AILA supported thats why we succeeded. Not sure what argument will be effective against them

1 out of 1 members found this post helpful.
Old 07-03-2012, 01:39 PM
Donor
Priority Date
:
Aug-08
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
12/30/2011
Compare
thomachan72 has a reputation beyond repute thomachan72 has a reputation beyond repute thomachan72 has a reputation beyond repute thomachan72 has a reputation beyond repute thomachan72 has a reputation beyond repute thomachan72 has a reputation beyond repute thomachan72 has a reputation beyond repute thomachan72 has a reputation beyond repute thomachan72 has a reputation beyond repute thomachan72 has a reputation beyond repute thomachan72 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by gk_2000 View Post
Whenever I mention AILA, my friends run away, saying they are very powerful and we must have them on our side if we want to succeed. Also they say that in Nov 2011 AILA supported thats why we succeeded. Not sure what argument will be effective against them
Well we are now out in the open ocean with no AILA to help us steer the boat now. We purposefully cut of that "pseudo-sail" that we had because it created an ilusion that we wrongfully relied on for many years. The good thing is that we are now on "reality sail". The only strength we have now is the true strength of EB immigrant community. IV has learnt how to flap its wings and really soar without resting frequently on unreliable branches.
I agree there is no argument against them that say AILA's support helped us. Yes it might certainly have been their help at that point of time: but now we are genuinely breaking away from that since we realized that everything they did had a hidden agenda that was not often in our ultimate interest.
IV has not said that it will not seek their help again. The only thing is that IV is now on firm footting and we will seek anybody's help as we think will serve our purpose. In other words the feeling I get being part of IV and hearing from core is that they now have learnt to steer the boat. Previously others were steering it and IV was looking at it from outside. Great going IV. IV is now the captain of its own team. We dont rely on consultants like AILA to serve as our captains anymore. They are reserves and can be asked to play if need arises!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Old 07-03-2012, 01:43 PM
Priority Date
:
Jul-06
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
07/01/2006
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
08/07/2007
Compare
amulchandra has a reputation beyond repute amulchandra has a reputation beyond repute amulchandra has a reputation beyond repute amulchandra has a reputation beyond repute amulchandra has a reputation beyond repute amulchandra has a reputation beyond repute amulchandra has a reputation beyond repute amulchandra has a reputation beyond repute amulchandra has a reputation beyond repute amulchandra has a reputation beyond repute amulchandra has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Well we are now out in the open ocean with no AILA to help us steer the boat now. We purposefully cut of that "pseudo-sail" that we had because it created an ilusion that we wrongfully relied on for many years. The good thing is that we are now on "reality sail". The only strength we have now is the true strength of EB immigrant community. IV has learnt how to flap its wings and really soar without resting frequently on unreliable branches.
I agree there is no argument against them that say AILA's support helped us. Yes it might certainly have been their help at that point of time: but now we are genuinely breaking away from that since we realized that everything they did had a hidden agenda that was not often in our ultimate interest.
IV has not said that it will not seek their help again. The only thing is that IV is now on firm footting and we will seek anybody's help as we think will serve our purpose. In other words the feeling I get being part of IV and hearing from core is that they now have learnt to steer the boat. Previously others were steering it and IV was looking at it from outside. Great going IV. IV is now the captain of its own team. We dont rely on consultants like AILA to serve as our captains anymore. They are reserves and can be asked to play if need arises!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Great explanation!
Bookmark and Share Compare Reply With Quote

Old 07-03-2012, 01:47 PM
Donor
Priority Date
:
Aug-08
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
12/30/2011
Compare
thomachan72 has a reputation beyond repute thomachan72 has a reputation beyond repute thomachan72 has a reputation beyond repute thomachan72 has a reputation beyond repute thomachan72 has a reputation beyond repute thomachan72 has a reputation beyond repute thomachan72 has a reputation beyond repute thomachan72 has a reputation beyond repute thomachan72 has a reputation beyond repute thomachan72 has a reputation beyond repute thomachan72 has a reputation beyond repute

I am wondering whether it will be possible for the mods/admins to create a seperate section towards the top of the website just for H.R.3012. something like "H.R.3012 Action place" or something like that. It should have a brief outline of the bill, its current status, and the action items". It also could have links to the wiki/facebook/twitter etc and a link for contribution.
As a result of the flyer campaign if anybody visits our website they should find the navigation smooth and clear. I wouldn't want to read through thread of several pages to realize whats going on.
Again this is all asuming that the flyer campaign will result in increased traffic of atleast >5K in the next few days.

Old 07-03-2012, 02:51 PM
Donor/Moderator
Priority Date
:
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
12/22/2009
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
sage2006 has a reputation beyond repute sage2006 has a reputation beyond repute sage2006 has a reputation beyond repute sage2006 has a reputation beyond repute sage2006 has a reputation beyond repute sage2006 has a reputation beyond repute sage2006 has a reputation beyond repute sage2006 has a reputation beyond repute sage2006 has a reputation beyond repute sage2006 has a reputation beyond repute sage2006 has a reputation beyond repute

Folks,

Please add/update your signature as below. We have an HR3012 wiki with some very useful information especially for people who want an overview of the bill and some milestones. Please add the signature so new members or anyone can easily link to the Wiki as well as our FB, twitter, G+ pages. You can change the title or the format to something you like..just make sure all the links are there.

Last edited by ashwin_27; 07-03-2012 at 03:11 PM.

Old 07-03-2012, 02:52 PM
Administrator
Priority Date
:
Mar-06
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
05/06/2006
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
06/29/2007
Compare
pappu has a reputation beyond repute pappu has a reputation beyond repute pappu has a reputation beyond repute pappu has a reputation beyond repute pappu has a reputation beyond repute pappu has a reputation beyond repute pappu has a reputation beyond repute pappu has a reputation beyond repute pappu has a reputation beyond repute pappu has a reputation beyond repute pappu has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by gk_2000 View Post
Not only that, but the resistance level is also very high. it is tiring!
Not really.

If you tell people-- come and I will tell you what is the prediction for next month's bulletin, a lot of them will come.

It just shows that people are more than aware. They are simply hiding behind anonymity on the forums/are helpless without hope/ or have no idea how advocacy is done. But once you explain what we do, people get interested. There needs to be a one to one dialog and it works. This is why we ask each one of us to reach out to our friends on emails and facebook. Call people you know and talk to them and we are going to be a part of a big historic moment soon. Not only dates will move forward like a Grand Prix race the discriminatory quota system will disappear. And all this is happening because of a like minded bunch of immigrants like you and me decided to get together and took this challenge and are fixing it. Let us join them, help out and be a proud member of this historic moment.

Facebook | YouTube | Twitter | Mailing List

===================
I do not give legal advice. You can pay and get it from Lawyers. Just show me some love and click the links above to help ImmigrationVoice any way you choose.
-----------

Last edited by pappu; 07-03-2012 at 02:55 PM.

Old 07-03-2012, 02:55 PM
Administrator
Priority Date
:
Mar-06
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
05/06/2006
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
06/29/2007
Compare
pappu has a reputation beyond repute pappu has a reputation beyond repute pappu has a reputation beyond repute pappu has a reputation beyond repute pappu has a reputation beyond repute pappu has a reputation beyond repute pappu has a reputation beyond repute pappu has a reputation beyond repute pappu has a reputation beyond repute pappu has a reputation beyond repute pappu has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashwin_27 View Post
Folks,

Please add/update your signature as below. We have an HR3012 wiki with some very useful information especially for people who want an overview of the bill and some milestones. Please add the signature so new members or anyone can easily link to the Wiki as well as our FB, twitter, G+ pages. You can change the title or the format to something you like..just make sure all the links are there.
Thank you. Could you please repost with the link code in it, so that everyone can copy paste.

Facebook | YouTube | Twitter | Mailing List

===================
I do not give legal advice. You can pay and get it from Lawyers. Just show me some love and click the links above to help ImmigrationVoice any way you choose.
-----------

Old 07-03-2012, 03:51 PM
Donor
Priority Date
:
Oct-06
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
10/15/2006
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
06/30/2007
Compare
checklaw has a reputation beyond repute checklaw has a reputation beyond repute checklaw has a reputation beyond repute checklaw has a reputation beyond repute checklaw has a reputation beyond repute checklaw has a reputation beyond repute checklaw has a reputation beyond repute checklaw has a reputation beyond repute checklaw has a reputation beyond repute checklaw has a reputation beyond repute checklaw has a reputation beyond repute

Posted fliers at 3 prominent grocery stores around my home and work area today.

2 out of 2 members found this post helpful.
Old 07-03-2012, 03:54 PM
Donor
Priority Date
:
Oct-06
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
02/10/2008
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
N/A
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
starscream has a reputation beyond repute starscream has a reputation beyond repute starscream has a reputation beyond repute starscream has a reputation beyond repute starscream has a reputation beyond repute starscream has a reputation beyond repute starscream has a reputation beyond repute starscream has a reputation beyond repute starscream has a reputation beyond repute starscream has a reputation beyond repute starscream has a reputation beyond repute

Shriny,

Welcome to IV. Please update your profile. Please do browse throug the nbelwomlinks to find out more about HR 3012 and IV activities for HR 3012

Quote:
Originally Posted by shriny View Post
your reply says, link deleted, but you deleted entire content.

I am not sure if knowing status questions are not allowed?
+1 on Google+
Follow us on Twitter

Old 07-03-2012, 04:39 PM
Administrator
Priority Date
:
Apr-09
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
01/31/2012
Compare
The Alchemist has a reputation beyond repute The Alchemist has a reputation beyond repute The Alchemist has a reputation beyond repute The Alchemist has a reputation beyond repute The Alchemist has a reputation beyond repute The Alchemist has a reputation beyond repute The Alchemist has a reputation beyond repute The Alchemist has a reputation beyond repute The Alchemist has a reputation beyond repute The Alchemist has a reputation beyond repute The Alchemist has a reputation beyond repute
Lightbulb Signature Code

Quote:
Originally Posted by pappu View Post
Thank you. Could you please repost with the link code in it, so that everyone can copy paste.
see attachment...you can always tweak per your taste!
Attached Files
File Type: txt SignatureCode.txt (317 Bytes, 70 views)

2 out of 2 members found this post helpful.
Old 07-03-2012, 04:43 PM
Donor
Priority Date
:
Mar-05
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
turvi76 has a reputation beyond repute turvi76 has a reputation beyond repute turvi76 has a reputation beyond repute turvi76 has a reputation beyond repute turvi76 has a reputation beyond repute turvi76 has a reputation beyond repute turvi76 has a reputation beyond repute turvi76 has a reputation beyond repute turvi76 has a reputation beyond repute turvi76 has a reputation beyond repute turvi76 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by donquit View Post
Nice signature

Rally|Accommodation|Merchandize|Posters|Volunteers

Old 07-04-2012, 08:13 AM
Priority Date
:
Category
:
N/A
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
in8thfloor has a reputation beyond repute in8thfloor has a reputation beyond repute in8thfloor has a reputation beyond repute in8thfloor has a reputation beyond repute in8thfloor has a reputation beyond repute in8thfloor has a reputation beyond repute in8thfloor has a reputation beyond repute in8thfloor has a reputation beyond repute in8thfloor has a reputation beyond repute in8thfloor has a reputation beyond repute in8thfloor has a reputation beyond repute
Default Inspiring

Quote:
Not true. The level of awarness about EB GC issues is quite adequate among both the EB community as well as others. Everybody know the issues of H1bs/H4s/labor audits/long waits etc etc The problem is that nobody believes that anything can be done about that. It is that perception that needs to be changed. Most people believe that 8 year wait is normal and not anything that is worth complaining about.

I do agree that the level of awareness about pending bill 3012 is very low. Again nobody even remotely thinks that it is possible for a group of immigrants who are all either on H1b or on EAD and a few of their friends who have been greened can create such an impact. But here we are, right on the doorstep of great freedom!! It is that impact of IV that needs to be spread among others. That we are "one" and the day is already here when EB immigrants also have a voice and a mechanism in place to voice their rightful demands.

We are happy that IV has finally broken the "ilusion" of a "helpful AILA". We dont want them to fight for us. They are welcome to join us but not to dictate terms for any matter that affects us.
That's really true. Many people do not know IV's effort behind this bill, and they do not think that change is possible.
I had been sending email to all know friends, surprisingly half of them do not have any idea how things work and some of them never heard about IV.

Please spread awareness and request them to contribute.

Old 07-04-2012, 08:57 AM
Priority Date
:
Nov-03
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/23/2007
Compare
gc_check has a reputation beyond repute gc_check has a reputation beyond repute gc_check has a reputation beyond repute gc_check has a reputation beyond repute gc_check has a reputation beyond repute gc_check has a reputation beyond repute gc_check has a reputation beyond repute gc_check has a reputation beyond repute gc_check has a reputation beyond repute gc_check has a reputation beyond repute gc_check has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by donquit View Post
It will be good to include the signature in personal emails too that you send to folks affected by EB Backlogs and to other as well if you prefer.

Old 07-04-2012, 10:44 AM
Priority Date
:
Jul-03
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/02/2007
Compare
sanhari has a reputation beyond repute sanhari has a reputation beyond repute sanhari has a reputation beyond repute sanhari has a reputation beyond repute sanhari has a reputation beyond repute sanhari has a reputation beyond repute sanhari has a reputation beyond repute sanhari has a reputation beyond repute sanhari has a reputation beyond repute sanhari has a reputation beyond repute sanhari has a reputation beyond repute
Default I agree there should be a link on the main page of IV for HR3012

I agree with you thomachan72, there should be a link on the main page of IV for HR3012 (bold and bright), that will greatly help for new visitors of IV.

Quote:
I am wondering whether it will be possible for the mods/admins to create a seperate section towards the top of the website just for H.R.3012. something like "H.R.3012 Action place" or something like that. It should have a brief outline of the bill, its current status, and the action items". It also could have links to the wiki/facebook/twitter etc and a link for contribution.
As a result of the flyer campaign if anybody visits our website they should find the navigation smooth and clear. I wouldn't want to read through thread of several pages to realize whats going on.
Again this is all asuming that the flyer campaign will result in increased traffic of atleast >5K in the next few days.