Immigration Voice - Forums
Register Get Involved Contact Lawmakers Advocacy Discussion Image Image Image Image

Go Back   Immigration Voice > Immigration Voice Issues and Congressional updates > IV Agenda and Legislative Updates
Click to log in with Facebook
IV Agenda and Legislative Updates Immigration Voice's Agenda and Legislative Updates

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-12-2012, 08:14 AM
Administrator
Priority Date
:
Mar-06
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
05/06/2006
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
06/29/2007
Compare
pappu has a reputation beyond repute pappu has a reputation beyond repute pappu has a reputation beyond repute pappu has a reputation beyond repute pappu has a reputation beyond repute pappu has a reputation beyond repute pappu has a reputation beyond repute pappu has a reputation beyond repute pappu has a reputation beyond repute pappu has a reputation beyond repute pappu has a reputation beyond repute
Default HR3012 in Senate: URGENT Action Item

Dear Immigration Voice Members,

We are excited to share with you that on July 11, 2012 Senator Grassley lifted his hold on H.R. 3012, the Fairness for High-Skilled Immigrants Act - the bill to remove per-country ceilings for a fair employment-based system that is “first-come, first-served.”

Senator Grassley (R-IA) and Senator Schumer (D-NY) have worked out an agreement on an amendment to HR 3012. With this amendment in place, Senator Grassley has removed his hold on HR 3012 and supports the bill’s passage in the Senate. We applaud Senator Grassley, Senator Schumer and their staff for the leadership and tremendous efforts to negotiate a compromise in the midst of a very partisan environment.

Here is the FAQ (FAQ for Grassley Amendment to HR3012) for the Grassley Amendment to H.R.3012.

As immigrants and those most affected by this bill, we have been and remain the key champions for HR 3012. Our employers, including Microsoft, Cisco, Intel, Google, HP, Qualcomm and several other tech companies, are on our side in this fight. They are good players and fully support the negotiated Grassley amendment, even though it could result in some additional costs to these companies. We believe that all of the Senators are on board with the substance of amended H.R.3012, and the House earlier passed HR 3012 with an overwhelming bipartisan majority—96% in favor. As far as immigration goes, this bill and the Grassley amendment are about as good as it get in terms of support.

Since the language of the bill will be amended, the bill will go back to the House after it passes the Senate. We are gearing up for our advocacy efforts to see the bill pass the Senate followed by vote on amended H.R.3012 in the House. But we cannot do this alone. As always we need every member to step up and do their share in fighting the good fight with the following two action items.

Action Items

1) We urge all members to contribute funds to Immigration Voice as you have done in the past many times. We have come a long way on this bill in last 6 years and we need to have a well-funded advocacy effort in next few weeks in Washington DC to finish this job. Immigration Voice - PayPal Donate

2) Send a message to your Senators requesting for their leadership on a bill that helps U.S. economy by letting high skilled immigrants create jobs in America.
ImmigrationVoice.org - Advocacy -- Request your Senators to to Pass H.R.3012 in the U.S Senate

If you receive a response from a Senate Office, please forward it to info@immigrationvoice.org. DO NOT NAME OR POST ANY SENATE OFFICE RESPONSES ON THE FORUM.

We have to act on these action items TODAY, TOMORROW and until you hear from us. Do not assume that “others” will do your share.

We are very close to getting this bill done and ending the discrimination based on country-of-birth once and for all. Our opponents have thought all along that the slow action in Congress would stop us. Now they are desperate and are making a last stand. Let’s work together on this final push and get this bill passed once and for all.

Thank you for your continued support!

Team Immigration Voice

Last edited by ashwin_27; 07-17-2012 at 04:05 PM.
Bookmark and Share Compare

3 out of 3 members found this post helpful.
Old 07-12-2012, 08:25 AM
Priority Date
:
Jul-09
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
sdeshpan has a reputation beyond repute sdeshpan has a reputation beyond repute sdeshpan has a reputation beyond repute sdeshpan has a reputation beyond repute sdeshpan has a reputation beyond repute sdeshpan has a reputation beyond repute sdeshpan has a reputation beyond repute sdeshpan has a reputation beyond repute sdeshpan has a reputation beyond repute sdeshpan has a reputation beyond repute sdeshpan has a reputation beyond repute

Great, will definitely do both! Good luck, let's push it one more time and this time out of the court!

Old 07-12-2012, 08:32 AM
Priority Date
:
Sep-10
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
03/01/2011
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
schumy_micheal has a brilliant future schumy_micheal has a brilliant future schumy_micheal has a brilliant future schumy_micheal has a brilliant future schumy_micheal has a brilliant future schumy_micheal has a brilliant future schumy_micheal has a brilliant future schumy_micheal has a brilliant future schumy_micheal has a brilliant future schumy_micheal has a brilliant future schumy_micheal has a brilliant future
Default AI Done

This is awesome news!! Lets focus our energy in this last lap...

Completed both AI's
- Sent Letters to my Senators
- $100 besides my $25/month recurring contribution

Thanks,
Prem

Old 07-12-2012, 08:33 AM
Priority Date
:
Mar-05
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140+I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
ramap is a jewel in the rough ramap is a jewel in the rough ramap is a jewel in the rough
Default $200

Your transaction ID for this payment is: 7FV94567RS235260C

1 out of 1 members found this post helpful.
Old 07-12-2012, 08:34 AM
Priority Date
:
Sep-10
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
03/01/2011
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
schumy_micheal has a brilliant future schumy_micheal has a brilliant future schumy_micheal has a brilliant future schumy_micheal has a brilliant future schumy_micheal has a brilliant future schumy_micheal has a brilliant future schumy_micheal has a brilliant future schumy_micheal has a brilliant future schumy_micheal has a brilliant future schumy_micheal has a brilliant future schumy_micheal has a brilliant future
Default It takes just 2 minutes!!

Forgot to add...
It takes less than 2 minutes for these 2 AI's. Please do your part so that IV can put their best foot forward in this crucial situation.

Thanks,
Prem

Old 07-12-2012, 08:37 AM
Priority Date
:
Feb-05
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
08/09/2007
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140+I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
rosevj is on a distinguished road

Many Thanks to IV for all the efforts put in for this cause. Action items completed.

Old 07-12-2012, 08:37 AM
Priority Date
:
Dec-04
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
06/01/2007
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
06/30/2007
Compare
Suva has a reputation beyond repute Suva has a reputation beyond repute Suva has a reputation beyond repute Suva has a reputation beyond repute Suva has a reputation beyond repute Suva has a reputation beyond repute Suva has a reputation beyond repute Suva has a reputation beyond repute Suva has a reputation beyond repute Suva has a reputation beyond repute Suva has a reputation beyond repute

Letters sent to my NJ senators.

Thanks

Old 07-12-2012, 08:40 AM
Priority Date
:
Apr-03
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
04/17/2007
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
06/29/2007
Compare
vsrinir has a reputation beyond repute vsrinir has a reputation beyond repute vsrinir has a reputation beyond repute vsrinir has a reputation beyond repute vsrinir has a reputation beyond repute vsrinir has a reputation beyond repute vsrinir has a reputation beyond repute vsrinir has a reputation beyond repute vsrinir has a reputation beyond repute vsrinir has a reputation beyond repute vsrinir has a reputation beyond repute

Done AI

Old 07-12-2012, 08:41 AM
Donor
Priority Date
:
Nov-08
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
06/22/2009
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
rajchadha has a reputation beyond repute rajchadha has a reputation beyond repute rajchadha has a reputation beyond repute rajchadha has a reputation beyond repute rajchadha has a reputation beyond repute rajchadha has a reputation beyond repute rajchadha has a reputation beyond repute rajchadha has a reputation beyond repute rajchadha has a reputation beyond repute rajchadha has a reputation beyond repute rajchadha has a reputation beyond repute

E-mailed to local senator
made 6 more coworkers to e-mail.
Contributed another 100-- paypal-id--00W52943411704232
Thanks guys.

2 out of 2 members found this post helpful.
Old 07-12-2012, 08:48 AM
Priority Date
:
Category
:
N/A
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
kumar700 has a reputation beyond repute kumar700 has a reputation beyond repute kumar700 has a reputation beyond repute kumar700 has a reputation beyond repute kumar700 has a reputation beyond repute kumar700 has a reputation beyond repute kumar700 has a reputation beyond repute kumar700 has a reputation beyond repute kumar700 has a reputation beyond repute kumar700 has a reputation beyond repute kumar700 has a reputation beyond repute

Sent Letters to my Senators - GA.
Forwarded the link to my friends.

Old 07-12-2012, 08:54 AM
Priority Date
:
Apr-03
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
damidi has a reputation beyond repute damidi has a reputation beyond repute damidi has a reputation beyond repute damidi has a reputation beyond repute damidi has a reputation beyond repute damidi has a reputation beyond repute damidi has a reputation beyond repute damidi has a reputation beyond repute damidi has a reputation beyond repute damidi has a reputation beyond repute damidi has a reputation beyond repute
Default AI Done

Completed both the action items.

Contributed another $100-- paypal-receipt: 4932-6352-1291-0093

Thank you and Good Luck to all.

1 out of 1 members found this post helpful.
Old 07-12-2012, 08:57 AM
Donor
Priority Date
:
Aug-08
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
05/11/2009
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
Hopeful567 has a reputation beyond repute Hopeful567 has a reputation beyond repute Hopeful567 has a reputation beyond repute Hopeful567 has a reputation beyond repute Hopeful567 has a reputation beyond repute Hopeful567 has a reputation beyond repute Hopeful567 has a reputation beyond repute Hopeful567 has a reputation beyond repute Hopeful567 has a reputation beyond repute Hopeful567 has a reputation beyond repute Hopeful567 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Ai

Sent letters to both the PA Senators.

We need to go all out

Old 07-12-2012, 08:58 AM
Donor
Priority Date
:
Jun-09
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
Labor Certification
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
cleopatra has a reputation beyond repute cleopatra has a reputation beyond repute cleopatra has a reputation beyond repute cleopatra has a reputation beyond repute cleopatra has a reputation beyond repute cleopatra has a reputation beyond repute cleopatra has a reputation beyond repute cleopatra has a reputation beyond repute cleopatra has a reputation beyond repute cleopatra has a reputation beyond repute cleopatra has a reputation beyond repute
Default Done

Donated $100 and sent the letters to my senators.

As someone who attended couple of advocacy day events in DC related to this bill, I can tell people here who have not done so, that this is a monumental achievement to have reached this far.

When you attend the advocacy days, you see first hand the kind of effort and resources required to get something like this done. You also see the process in action.

Please contribute and also spread the word among your friends. These two action items need to be done asap. Please follow up and get this across to as many people as you can.

Once again, please do your part and be part of the solution and history. We have a chance and let us take the opportunity presented to us.

Contribute both money and effort towards this cause. Participate and win.

Old 07-12-2012, 09:05 AM
Donor
Priority Date
:
Aug-08
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
12/30/2011
Compare
thomachan72 has a reputation beyond repute thomachan72 has a reputation beyond repute thomachan72 has a reputation beyond repute thomachan72 has a reputation beyond repute thomachan72 has a reputation beyond repute thomachan72 has a reputation beyond repute thomachan72 has a reputation beyond repute thomachan72 has a reputation beyond repute thomachan72 has a reputation beyond repute thomachan72 has a reputation beyond repute thomachan72 has a reputation beyond repute

All EB3/EB2 I/C/Phi/Mex folks please join in the AI ASAP. contribute funds and send the emails as directed. All it takes is <5 minutes of our time. All the rest has been taken care off. Lets do our part. This is indeed a big deal. Waiting times will drastically reduce over the next few years as the backlogg slowly clears up. Dont waste this unique opportunity to be part of the action.
MOST IMP: INVITE YOUR FRIENDS OR EVEN STRANGERS TO JOIN

Old 07-12-2012, 09:06 AM
Donor
Priority Date
:
Jun-09
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
Labor Certification
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
cleopatra has a reputation beyond repute cleopatra has a reputation beyond repute cleopatra has a reputation beyond repute cleopatra has a reputation beyond repute cleopatra has a reputation beyond repute cleopatra has a reputation beyond repute cleopatra has a reputation beyond repute cleopatra has a reputation beyond repute cleopatra has a reputation beyond repute cleopatra has a reputation beyond repute cleopatra has a reputation beyond repute

Come one friends. I see more than 250 people viewing this right now. What are you waiting for? Go ahead and complete the action items. It is your time for action now.

Closed Thread