Immigration Voice - Forums
Register Get Involved Contact Lawmakers Advocacy Discussion Image Image Image Image

Go Back   Immigration Voice > Immigration Voice Issues and Congressional updates > IV Agenda and Legislative Updates
Click to log in with Facebook
IV Agenda and Legislative Updates Immigration Voice's Agenda and Legislative Updates

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-15-2012, 03:34 PM
Donor
Priority Date
:
Nov-06
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
01/27/2007
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/27/2007
Compare
mantagon has a reputation beyond repute mantagon has a reputation beyond repute mantagon has a reputation beyond repute mantagon has a reputation beyond repute mantagon has a reputation beyond repute mantagon has a reputation beyond repute mantagon has a reputation beyond repute mantagon has a reputation beyond repute mantagon has a reputation beyond repute mantagon has a reputation beyond repute mantagon has a reputation beyond repute
Default We admire your dedication...

...believe you already have your green card, yet continue to be active here and going to the rally! Awe-inspiring! People like you make this world a better place...

Folks, even an iota of inspiration will help...stop maintaining a status quo...come out of your comfort zone and show some zeal...

Quote:
Originally Posted by needhelp! View Post
It takes a certain courage to come out and do something about an issue. We all have it in us, and whats to lose? IV has done all the hard work. All we have to do is show up and have our friends show up..
Bookmark and Share Compare Reply With Quote

Old 08-15-2012, 04:01 PM
Priority Date
:
May-03
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140+I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
gcebanil has a reputation beyond repute gcebanil has a reputation beyond repute gcebanil has a reputation beyond repute gcebanil has a reputation beyond repute gcebanil has a reputation beyond repute gcebanil has a reputation beyond repute gcebanil has a reputation beyond repute gcebanil has a reputation beyond repute gcebanil has a reputation beyond repute gcebanil has a reputation beyond repute gcebanil has a reputation beyond repute
Default one person.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nikunjshreya View Post
I live in Fremont and can accommodate a small family . please let me know whom to talk about it ? I can also pickup same from oakland airport.
Hi, I am coming alone on Friday and will leave on Saturday night, would you kindly help me out ?

Old 08-15-2012, 07:24 PM
Priority Date
:
Category
:
N/A
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
apshodh has a reputation beyond repute apshodh has a reputation beyond repute apshodh has a reputation beyond repute apshodh has a reputation beyond repute apshodh has a reputation beyond repute apshodh has a reputation beyond repute apshodh has a reputation beyond repute apshodh has a reputation beyond repute apshodh has a reputation beyond repute apshodh has a reputation beyond repute apshodh has a reputation beyond repute
Lightbulb good chance to Market San Jose rally in Fremont city tomorrow

On 16th and 18th August, Fremont city (part of Bay Area, very near to San Jose, CA) is going to celebrate Indian Independence day. Every year, Fremont which has very very huge Indian population celebrates Indian Independence day with great fervor, pomp and pageantry. I belive a couple thousand Indians get together and celebrate.

Here is the link to the event --> 2012 Festival of India and Parade | Fremont | FunCheapSF

This is a very good opportunity to Market and canvass about this rally. I will not be able to go because of other compulsions. If any body is going, please carry few hundred printouts of San Jose rally flyers and distribute. Please spread the message.

This is a unique opportunity to spread the word among Indian brothers and sisters.

Old 08-16-2012, 09:05 AM
Donor
Priority Date
:
Nov-06
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
01/27/2007
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/27/2007
Compare
mantagon has a reputation beyond repute mantagon has a reputation beyond repute mantagon has a reputation beyond repute mantagon has a reputation beyond repute mantagon has a reputation beyond repute mantagon has a reputation beyond repute mantagon has a reputation beyond repute mantagon has a reputation beyond repute mantagon has a reputation beyond repute mantagon has a reputation beyond repute mantagon has a reputation beyond repute
Default Excellent idea...

...hopefully, several folks can make this their action item and follow through.

Apshodh, I'm sure you must have talked about this to your friends who may be able to do this, since you cannot!

Thanks for the great idea!

Quote:
Originally Posted by apshodh View Post

On 16th and 18th August, Fremont city (part of Bay Area, very near to San Jose, CA) is going to celebrate Indian Independence day. Every year, Fremont which has very very huge Indian population celebrates Indian Independence day with great fervor, pomp and pageantry. I belive a couple thousand Indians get together and celebrate.

Here is the link to the event --> 2012 Festival of India and Parade | Fremont | FunCheapSF

This is a very good opportunity to Market and canvass about this rally. I will not be able to go because of other compulsions. If any body is going, please carry few hundred printouts of San Jose rally flyers and distribute. Please spread the message.

This is a unique opportunity to spread the word among Indian brothers and sisters.

Old 08-16-2012, 09:22 AM
Priority Date
:
Category
:
N/A
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
MarkVikki is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by mantagon View Post
...hopefully, several folks can make this their action item and follow through.

Apshodh, I'm sure you must have talked about this to your friends who may be able to do this, since you cannot!

Thanks for the great idea!
This is a fantastic idea...

Guys..Rally organizers should contact the Fremont organizers and request them to announce about Sep 8th rally...Individuals trying to talk there doesn't work...
What an opportunity to invite a lot of people.

Old 08-16-2012, 10:48 AM
Donor
Priority Date
:
Jan-07
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
05/02/2007
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/17/2007
Compare
needhelp! has a reputation beyond repute needhelp! has a reputation beyond repute needhelp! has a reputation beyond repute needhelp! has a reputation beyond repute needhelp! has a reputation beyond repute needhelp! has a reputation beyond repute needhelp! has a reputation beyond repute needhelp! has a reputation beyond repute needhelp! has a reputation beyond repute needhelp! has a reputation beyond repute needhelp! has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by mantagon View Post
...believe you already have your green card, yet continue to be active here and going to the rally! Awe-inspiring! People like you make this world a better place...

Folks, even an iota of inspiration will help...stop maintaining a status quo...come out of your comfort zone and show some zeal...

Actually, its the other way around. Its an honor being associated with the awe-inspiring leaders that are driving this organization. May their kind flourish and grow!!

Got GC in Sept 2011

Spread the RALLY message on:
Facebook | Google+ | Twitter | Contribute | HR3012 Wiki
Info on Rally | Accommodation | Air Miles | Carpool | Merchandize | Posters | Volunteers

Old 08-16-2012, 12:52 PM
Priority Date
:
Category
:
N/A
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
GCkiyaGanja has a reputation beyond repute GCkiyaGanja has a reputation beyond repute GCkiyaGanja has a reputation beyond repute GCkiyaGanja has a reputation beyond repute GCkiyaGanja has a reputation beyond repute GCkiyaGanja has a reputation beyond repute GCkiyaGanja has a reputation beyond repute GCkiyaGanja has a reputation beyond repute GCkiyaGanja has a reputation beyond repute GCkiyaGanja has a reputation beyond repute GCkiyaGanja has a reputation beyond repute
Default Use VTA on September 8th to avoid Parking Hassles

Folks to avoid parking issues on September 8th , you can use VTA to SJ down town, Bay area locals might already be aware , but I thought this information would be handy nevertheless..there are free park n ride locations around the VTA routes which might help.

More info on park and ride lots Park and Rides Lots Map - Santa Clara Valley Transportation Authority

For Schedules and Routes visit vta.org

1 out of 1 members found this post helpful.
Old 08-16-2012, 01:59 PM
Priority Date
:
Category
:
N/A
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
apshodh has a reputation beyond repute apshodh has a reputation beyond repute apshodh has a reputation beyond repute apshodh has a reputation beyond repute apshodh has a reputation beyond repute apshodh has a reputation beyond repute apshodh has a reputation beyond repute apshodh has a reputation beyond repute apshodh has a reputation beyond repute apshodh has a reputation beyond repute apshodh has a reputation beyond repute
Default Transportation to San Jose

Quote:
Originally Posted by GCkiyaGanja View Post
Folks to avoid parking issues on September 8th , you can use VTA to SJ down town, Bay area locals might already be aware , but I thought this information would be handy nevertheless..there are free park n ride locations around the VTA routes which might help.

More info on park and ride lots Park and Rides Lots Map - Santa Clara Valley Transportation Authority

For Schedules and Routes visit vta.org
VTA (Valley Trasportation Authority) runs buses as well as trains (it is called lightrails in bay area). The nearest light rail station to Circle of Palms is San Antonio light rail station --> San Antonio Station (0)

There also other bus stops near by. Please check it in the same link above. Use google maps to get route for public transportation (very handy to quickly search nearest and fastest public trasporation). Any questions about San Jose, please let me know.

Thanks

Old 08-16-2012, 04:49 PM
Donor
Priority Date
:
Jan-07
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
05/02/2007
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/17/2007
Compare
needhelp! has a reputation beyond repute needhelp! has a reputation beyond repute needhelp! has a reputation beyond repute needhelp! has a reputation beyond repute needhelp! has a reputation beyond repute needhelp! has a reputation beyond repute needhelp! has a reputation beyond repute needhelp! has a reputation beyond repute needhelp! has a reputation beyond repute needhelp! has a reputation beyond repute needhelp! has a reputation beyond repute
Default All IV members make an effort to support your own cause..

Some flight deals for the Rally weekend:

$160 Phoenix <-> San Jose
$191 Seattle <-> San Jose
$211 Portland <-> San Jose
$300 Austin <-> San Jose

if you find another one, post it !

Got GC in Sept 2011

Spread the RALLY message on:
Facebook | Google+ | Twitter | Contribute | HR3012 Wiki
Info on Rally | Accommodation | Air Miles | Carpool | Merchandize | Posters | Volunteers

Old 08-16-2012, 07:27 PM
Administrator
Priority Date
:
Mar-06
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
05/06/2006
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
06/29/2007
Compare
pappu has a reputation beyond repute pappu has a reputation beyond repute pappu has a reputation beyond repute pappu has a reputation beyond repute pappu has a reputation beyond repute pappu has a reputation beyond repute pappu has a reputation beyond repute pappu has a reputation beyond repute pappu has a reputation beyond repute pappu has a reputation beyond repute pappu has a reputation beyond repute

Please post rally info in your state chapter forums and local craigs list, local desi sites, ethnic message boards etc.

Facebook | YouTube | Twitter | Mailing List

===================
I do not give legal advice. You can pay and get it from Lawyers. Just show me some love and click the links above to help ImmigrationVoice any way you choose.
-----------

Old 08-16-2012, 10:04 PM
Priority Date
:
Category
:
N/A
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
N/A
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
spiderman is infamous around these parts spiderman is infamous around these parts spiderman is infamous around these parts spiderman is infamous around these parts spiderman is infamous around these parts
Default Act! Act! Act!

Here are some more pamphlets we created:

Please Spread the word and get people to act!

If you sit on the side lines now and wait, we might all have to wait for YEARS!!

ACT! ACT! ACT!

https://picasaweb.google.com/pavank425/HR3012

Old 08-17-2012, 09:49 AM
Donor
Priority Date
:
Nov-06
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
01/27/2007
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/27/2007
Compare
Default Tgif...

...so who's gonna make it extra special...by committing to the rally?

Common friends, take the step forward, you'll be glad you did...

Old 08-17-2012, 10:35 AM
Priority Date
:
Nov-03
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
Labor Certification
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
sanjuu has much to be proud of sanjuu has much to be proud of sanjuu has much to be proud of sanjuu has much to be proud of sanjuu has much to be proud of sanjuu has much to be proud of sanjuu has much to be proud of sanjuu has much to be proud of sanjuu has much to be proud of sanjuu has much to be proud of
Default Want to donate 30,000 Delta Miles for the rally

Can someone direct me to what needs to be done for this. I saw it in one of the threads but not sure which one was that and at what page.

Old 08-17-2012, 10:38 AM
Priority Date
:
Nov-03
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
Labor Certification
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
sanjuu has much to be proud of sanjuu has much to be proud of sanjuu has much to be proud of sanjuu has much to be proud of sanjuu has much to be proud of sanjuu has much to be proud of sanjuu has much to be proud of sanjuu has much to be proud of sanjuu has much to be proud of sanjuu has much to be proud of
Default NJ local chapter

Is there a local NJ chapter for Immigration Voice? I see thousands(probably in tens of thousands) of Indians taking trains from Metropark, NJ everyday and think will be a good place to seek donation and increase awareness. Is there someone who is thinking alike and want to join?

1 out of 1 members found this post helpful.
Old 08-17-2012, 11:00 AM
Donor
Priority Date
:
Nov-06
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
01/27/2007
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/27/2007
Compare
Default Here it is...

...http://immigrationvoice.org/forum/fo...ml#post3557484 (San Jose September 8th, 2012 Summit: Donate/Get Frequent Flyer Miles)

Thank you for being generous!

Quote:
Originally Posted by sanjuu View Post
Can someone direct me to what needs to be done for this. I saw it in one of the threads but not sure which one was that and at what page.