Immigration Voice - Forums
Register Get Involved Contact Lawmakers Advocacy Discussion Image Image Image Image

Go Back   Immigration Voice > Immigration Voice Issues and Congressional updates > IV Agenda and Legislative Updates
Click to log in with Facebook
IV Agenda and Legislative Updates Immigration Voice's Agenda and Legislative Updates

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-17-2012, 11:08 AM
Donor
Priority Date
:
Mar-03
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
03/05/2007
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
06/08/2007
Compare
seahawks has a reputation beyond repute seahawks has a reputation beyond repute seahawks has a reputation beyond repute seahawks has a reputation beyond repute seahawks has a reputation beyond repute seahawks has a reputation beyond repute seahawks has a reputation beyond repute seahawks has a reputation beyond repute seahawks has a reputation beyond repute seahawks has a reputation beyond repute seahawks has a reputation beyond repute

Quote from One of my friends who moved out of the US. I feel he put it nicely when I reached out to him.

Even though I have no stake as I moved out of the U.S, I believe Immigration Voice is a great movement that has indeed helped move the Green Card process. A lot needs to be done still and the folks who wield the power need to made aware of the grim fact that if the Green Card process continues to move at a glacial pace, the US will have to contend with some of its best immigrant engineers (many of whom have received Masterís degrees from the best of the Universities all along the West and East coasts and the MidWest) will just look for greener pastures, either in their home countries or in other countries that give their qualifications the true credit they deserve.

Lawmakers should realize that while granting someone a green card is a privilege offered by the US, the US also enjoys the privilege of the services of hardworking immigrant men and women who contribute incredibly to the economy. Their experience and qualifications are strong enough that other countries will be more than happy to give them a place to settle along with endless lucrative opportunities.

1 out of 1 members found this post helpful.
Old 08-17-2012, 03:30 PM
Priority Date
:
May-04
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
dts has a reputation beyond repute dts has a reputation beyond repute dts has a reputation beyond repute dts has a reputation beyond repute dts has a reputation beyond repute dts has a reputation beyond repute dts has a reputation beyond repute dts has a reputation beyond repute dts has a reputation beyond repute dts has a reputation beyond repute dts has a reputation beyond repute
Default NJ Compaign

Quote:
Originally Posted by sanjuu View Post
Is there a local NJ chapter for Immigration Voice? I see thousands(probably in tens of thousands) of Indians taking trains from Metropark, NJ everyday and think will be a good place to seek donation and increase awareness. Is there someone who is thinking alike and want to join?
Hi sanjuu,
In fact, I and other member PAK already in talk about this.
Please contact ritu@immigrationvoice.org and send me PM.
We will coordinate efforts to handout thousnad of flyers on NJ stations.

" Support HR-3012 and Support Fairness! DONATE

HR3012 Wiki | Facebook | Google+ | Twitter
"
Bookmark and Share Compare Reply With Quote

Old 08-17-2012, 03:34 PM
Priority Date
:
May-04
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
dts has a reputation beyond repute dts has a reputation beyond repute dts has a reputation beyond repute dts has a reputation beyond repute dts has a reputation beyond repute dts has a reputation beyond repute dts has a reputation beyond repute dts has a reputation beyond repute dts has a reputation beyond repute dts has a reputation beyond repute dts has a reputation beyond repute
Default Signature

Quote:
Originally Posted by seahawks View Post
Quote from One of my friends who moved out of the US. I feel he put it nicely when I reached out to him.

Even though I have no stake as I moved out of the U.S, I believe Immigration Voice is a great movement that has indeed helped move the Green Card process. A lot needs to be done still and the folks who wield the power need to made aware of the grim fact that if the Green Card process continues to move at a glacial pace, the US will have to contend with some of its best immigrant engineers (many of whom have received Masterís degrees from the best of the Universities all along the West and East coasts and the MidWest) will just look for greener pastures, either in their home countries or in other countries that give their qualifications the true credit they deserve.

Lawmakers should realize that while granting someone a green card is a privilege offered by the US, the US also enjoys the privilege of the services of hardworking immigrant men and women who contribute incredibly to the economy. Their experience and qualifications are strong enough that other countries will be more than happy to give them a place to settle along with endless lucrative opportunities.
Can you please put signature HTML code to copy and paste in ours?

" Support HR-3012 and Support Fairness! DONATE

"

Old 08-18-2012, 01:54 PM
Priority Date
:
Category
:
N/A
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
kumar700 has a reputation beyond repute kumar700 has a reputation beyond repute kumar700 has a reputation beyond repute kumar700 has a reputation beyond repute kumar700 has a reputation beyond repute kumar700 has a reputation beyond repute kumar700 has a reputation beyond repute kumar700 has a reputation beyond repute kumar700 has a reputation beyond repute kumar700 has a reputation beyond repute kumar700 has a reputation beyond repute

admin: can't we have Rally discussion threads on top of other threads. if no one touches it then moves furthur down.

Old 08-18-2012, 04:59 PM
Administrator
Priority Date
:
Mar-06
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
05/06/2006
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
06/29/2007
Compare
pappu has a reputation beyond repute pappu has a reputation beyond repute pappu has a reputation beyond repute pappu has a reputation beyond repute pappu has a reputation beyond repute pappu has a reputation beyond repute pappu has a reputation beyond repute pappu has a reputation beyond repute pappu has a reputation beyond repute pappu has a reputation beyond repute pappu has a reputation beyond repute

Please start informing media about this even by following this simple action item that only takes 10 seconds
ImmigrationVoice.org - Advocacy -- Thousands of legal, high-skilled immigrants to march peacefully in Silicon Valley in support of H.R.3012

Facebook | YouTube | Twitter | Mailing List

===================
I do not give legal advice. You can pay and get it from Lawyers. Just show me some love and click the links above to help ImmigrationVoice any way you choose.
-----------

Old 08-19-2012, 09:28 AM
Donor
Priority Date
:
Apr-03
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
gujju has a reputation beyond repute gujju has a reputation beyond repute gujju has a reputation beyond repute gujju has a reputation beyond repute gujju has a reputation beyond repute gujju has a reputation beyond repute gujju has a reputation beyond repute gujju has a reputation beyond repute gujju has a reputation beyond repute gujju has a reputation beyond repute gujju has a reputation beyond repute
Default Rally

Our destiny is in our own hands. If we don't speak, we won't be heard.

All the Members and guests who keep on asking questions ,giving suggestions now is the time to show you care for yourself and will do something for yourself and for that you will be willing to go the extra mile.GO ATTEND THE RALLY AND MAKE A DIFFERENCE.

Old 08-19-2012, 11:42 AM
Priority Date
:
Nov-10
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
12/12/2011
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
smiles has a reputation beyond repute smiles has a reputation beyond repute smiles has a reputation beyond repute smiles has a reputation beyond repute smiles has a reputation beyond repute smiles has a reputation beyond repute smiles has a reputation beyond repute smiles has a reputation beyond repute smiles has a reputation beyond repute smiles has a reputation beyond repute smiles has a reputation beyond repute
Default Booth in Fremont Mela

Quote:
Originally Posted by apshodh View Post

On 16th and 18th August, Fremont city (part of Bay Area, very near to San Jose, CA) is going to celebrate Indian Independence day. Every year, Fremont which has very very huge Indian population celebrates Indian Independence day with great fervor, pomp and pageantry. I belive a couple thousand Indians get together and celebrate.

Here is the link to the event --> 2012 Festival of India and Parade | Fremont | FunCheapSF

This is a very good opportunity to Market and canvass about this rally. I will not be able to go because of other compulsions. If any body is going, please carry few hundred printouts of San Jose rally flyers and distribute. Please spread the message.

This is a unique opportunity to spread the word among Indian brothers and sisters.

We've a dedicated booth setup in the Fremont Mela... If you can spare some time, please go there and help the volunteers.

Old 08-19-2012, 11:56 AM
Priority Date
:
Nov-10
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
12/12/2011
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
smiles has a reputation beyond repute smiles has a reputation beyond repute smiles has a reputation beyond repute smiles has a reputation beyond repute smiles has a reputation beyond repute smiles has a reputation beyond repute smiles has a reputation beyond repute smiles has a reputation beyond repute smiles has a reputation beyond repute smiles has a reputation beyond repute smiles has a reputation beyond repute
Default Fremont Booth updates

IV core gathered in Bay area and also participated with other volunteers in spreading the information in Fremont.

http://immigrationvoice.org/wiki/ima...edownload.jpeg

Folks, we've few weeks left and every member should participate in whatever way they can. l'm calling people, posting banners and volunteering in activities, just like other 100s of people I see in distribution lists. Please call coordinators and pick up some activities for yourself and support the cause.

Old 08-19-2012, 03:02 PM
Priority Date
:
Jul-04
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
04/12/2007
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/18/2007
Compare
pak has a reputation beyond repute pak has a reputation beyond repute pak has a reputation beyond repute pak has a reputation beyond repute pak has a reputation beyond repute pak has a reputation beyond repute pak has a reputation beyond repute pak has a reputation beyond repute pak has a reputation beyond repute pak has a reputation beyond repute pak has a reputation beyond repute
Default NJ/NY flyer drive

We distributed 600 flyers at India Day Parade today. Within 2 hours we ran out of flyers. We met with at least 25 people stuck in backlog. Many people asked questions and committed support to IV.

Please PM me if you are interested in similar drive at "Chaalo Gujarat - 2012" - World Gujarati Conference event at Raritan Center, NJ on Aug 31, Sept 1 and 2. Approx. 15,000 people will visit the event. www.worldgujaraticonference.com/

Old 08-19-2012, 04:19 PM
Priority Date
:
Oct-04
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
spicy_guy has a reputation beyond repute spicy_guy has a reputation beyond repute spicy_guy has a reputation beyond repute spicy_guy has a reputation beyond repute spicy_guy has a reputation beyond repute spicy_guy has a reputation beyond repute spicy_guy has a reputation beyond repute spicy_guy has a reputation beyond repute spicy_guy has a reputation beyond repute spicy_guy has a reputation beyond repute spicy_guy has a reputation beyond repute
Default Suggession

In Bay Area, there are a couple radio stations Indians listen to during the weekend. Especially Telugu, Tamil, and Hindi. The website is klok1170am.com.

I guess we can reach them to grab more attendees.

Old 08-20-2012, 01:47 AM
Priority Date
:
Jun-04
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
05/25/2007
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
08/12/2007
Compare
flthere has a reputation beyond repute flthere has a reputation beyond repute flthere has a reputation beyond repute flthere has a reputation beyond repute flthere has a reputation beyond repute flthere has a reputation beyond repute flthere has a reputation beyond repute flthere has a reputation beyond repute flthere has a reputation beyond repute flthere has a reputation beyond repute flthere has a reputation beyond repute

Glad to see IV booth in Fremont festival today ...

Old 08-20-2012, 07:31 AM
Administrator
Priority Date
:
Mar-06
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
05/06/2006
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
06/29/2007
Compare
pappu has a reputation beyond repute pappu has a reputation beyond repute pappu has a reputation beyond repute pappu has a reputation beyond repute pappu has a reputation beyond repute pappu has a reputation beyond repute pappu has a reputation beyond repute pappu has a reputation beyond repute pappu has a reputation beyond repute pappu has a reputation beyond repute pappu has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by pak View Post
We distributed 600 flyers at India Day Parade today. Within 2 hours we ran out of flyers. We met with at least 25 people stuck in backlog. Many people asked questions and committed support to IV.

Please PM me if you are interested in similar drive at "Chaalo Gujarat - 2012" - World Gujarati Conference event at Raritan Center, NJ on Aug 31, Sept 1 and 2. Approx. 15,000 people will visit the event. www.worldgujaraticonference.com/
IV core salutes you.

===================
I do not give legal advice. You can pay and get it from Lawyers. Just show me some love and click the links above to help ImmigrationVoice any way you choose.
-----------

Old 08-20-2012, 12:43 PM
Donor
Priority Date
:
Nov-06
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
01/27/2007
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/27/2007
Compare
mantagon has a reputation beyond repute mantagon has a reputation beyond repute mantagon has a reputation beyond repute mantagon has a reputation beyond repute mantagon has a reputation beyond repute mantagon has a reputation beyond repute mantagon has a reputation beyond repute mantagon has a reputation beyond repute mantagon has a reputation beyond repute mantagon has a reputation beyond repute mantagon has a reputation beyond repute
Default Wow...

...hopefully more people will be able to see the light at the end of the tunnel and come to the rally!

Quote:
Originally Posted by pak View Post

Old 08-20-2012, 01:01 PM
Priority Date
:
Jun-03
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
srij has a reputation beyond repute srij has a reputation beyond repute srij has a reputation beyond repute srij has a reputation beyond repute srij has a reputation beyond repute srij has a reputation beyond repute srij has a reputation beyond repute srij has a reputation beyond repute srij has a reputation beyond repute srij has a reputation beyond repute srij has a reputation beyond repute
Default I am from NJ too

Quote:
Originally Posted by dts View Post
Hi sanjuu,
In fact, I and other member PAK already in talk about this.
Please contact ritu@immigrationvoice.org and send me PM.
We will coordinate efforts to handout thousnad of flyers on NJ stations.
Guys, I am from NJ too. In fact I am attending the rally at San Jose, and have also volunteered to (and making) calls to people on the west coast. Please let me know how we can co ordinate and distribute flyers. BTW I live 2 miles from Oak tree road.

Thanks
Sri

Old 08-20-2012, 03:59 PM
Administrator
Priority Date
:
Mar-06
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
05/06/2006
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
06/29/2007
Compare

Here is what I wrote for someone who was complaining about a 2 month delay in one of his forms on another thread . I think people need to get up and ask the system to be fixed. We do not do rally every month. And who knows if there will ever be a rally again if HR 3012 gets stuck. So then do not blame anyone else. Just blame ourselves for not showing up.
-----
Welcome to the world of immigration. 2 months delay is nothing. After filing 140 prepare to wait for years and even decade.
It takes 2 months or even more to fill and sign a simple form because everyone is okay with it. And on top of that many will line up to worship people who file simple forms. I have always maintained that this backlog and the messed up system exists because of immigrants themselves. Fault is immigrants and the attitude. This is the reason we see so many posts on the forums where people will either whine or tell a story of getting screwed. But none will take matters in their own hand and fix the system. Posts like this will continue forever unless people get up from their whining, tracking, predictions and join a big movement to fix the system. Come for the rally and that will be the start of a big change. Many will follow after HR3012 is passed.

===================
-----------