Immigration Voice - Forums
Register Get Involved Contact Lawmakers Advocacy Discussion Image Image Image Image

Go Back   Immigration Voice > Immigration Voice Issues and Congressional updates > IV Agenda and Legislative Updates
Click to log in with Facebook
IV Agenda and Legislative Updates Immigration Voice's Agenda and Legislative Updates

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-09-2012, 03:13 PM
Super Moderator
Priority Date
:
Jul-07
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
07/02/2007
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140+I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/02/2007
Compare
paskal has a reputation beyond repute paskal has a reputation beyond repute paskal has a reputation beyond repute paskal has a reputation beyond repute paskal has a reputation beyond repute paskal has a reputation beyond repute paskal has a reputation beyond repute paskal has a reputation beyond repute paskal has a reputation beyond repute paskal has a reputation beyond repute paskal has a reputation beyond repute
Default People Flying in!

It was great to meet people from so many places, who flew in for the event. You guys rock! I remember meeting folks from DC, VA, FL, MO, IA, WA, IL, IN and SoCal among others :-)

To be a star, you must shine your own light, follow your own path, and not worry about the darkness, for that is when the stars shine brightest!
Don't be afraid to try something new, remember amateurs built the ark and professionals the Titanic!
Bookmark and Share Compare Reply With Quote

Old 09-09-2012, 05:04 PM
Donor
Priority Date
:
Oct-06
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
10/15/2006
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
06/30/2007
Compare
checklaw has a reputation beyond repute checklaw has a reputation beyond repute checklaw has a reputation beyond repute checklaw has a reputation beyond repute checklaw has a reputation beyond repute checklaw has a reputation beyond repute checklaw has a reputation beyond repute checklaw has a reputation beyond repute checklaw has a reputation beyond repute checklaw has a reputation beyond repute checklaw has a reputation beyond repute
Default Feel re-energized after visitng San Jose summit !!

Thanks to the wonderful team of IV for organizing this perfect event !! Thanks to the thousand's who showed up !! It was good to get to know so many important things in person.

Every time I have participated in an IV effort be it the DC Rally, lobbying efforts at DC or this San Jose rally or the countless other indirect but important action items, I have felt re-energized and empowered. Something within tells me that now its just a just a matter of time and we will be seeing fruition to our efforts.

I am proud to be part of this historic journey with IV rather then be watching it from the sidelines with a guilty conscience. This was the right thing to do...and thank god I did it but I also know I am just a soldier in this compared to other tireless core team and IV volunteers I see each time...

On a quick concluding note, the best part of this San Jose rally was reserved for me when I returned back to NJ today.. My daughter and my wife were waiting for me with a look that said "Thank you for trying so hard to make our lives better". That was priceless...and worth this trip...

Cheers everyone !!

3 out of 4 members found this post helpful.
Old 09-09-2012, 05:56 PM
Priority Date
:
Nov-10
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
I-140
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
sijinkj has a reputation beyond repute sijinkj has a reputation beyond repute sijinkj has a reputation beyond repute sijinkj has a reputation beyond repute sijinkj has a reputation beyond repute sijinkj has a reputation beyond repute sijinkj has a reputation beyond repute sijinkj has a reputation beyond repute sijinkj has a reputation beyond repute sijinkj has a reputation beyond repute sijinkj has a reputation beyond repute

Werent there a live streaming online?

If IV continues to segregate people based on their different levels of participation, be ready to accept only that level of participation from rest of us.

In my best belief they have all the right to do that and I'm fine with whatever category they put me in. I will work for IV and will volunteer for every activity from now, no matter how they are going to classify me.I now their intention is good and is paying off.

1 out of 1 members found this post helpful.
Old 09-09-2012, 05:57 PM
Priority Date
:
Jul-04
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
04/12/2007
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/18/2007
Compare
pak has a reputation beyond repute pak has a reputation beyond repute pak has a reputation beyond repute pak has a reputation beyond repute pak has a reputation beyond repute pak has a reputation beyond repute pak has a reputation beyond repute pak has a reputation beyond repute pak has a reputation beyond repute pak has a reputation beyond repute pak has a reputation beyond repute
Default Thank you NY/NJ/PA members at San Jose Summitt

I thank all the IV members, volunteers, core, lawmakers and special guests for joining the summit especially from New York, New Jersey, Pennsylvania. Special thanks to members who could not come due to unavoidable reasons but donated generously to IV and sharing air ticket costs. We still need to do lot of work ahead to pass HR3012. With your support and ground work we will make this happen. Go IV!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by paskal View Post
It was great to meet people from so many places, who flew in for the event. You guys rock! I remember meeting folks from DC, VA, FL, MO, IA, WA, IL, IN and SoCal among others :-)

HR3012 Wiki | Facebook | Google+ | Twitter

Old 09-09-2012, 06:39 PM
Priority Date
:
Mar-04
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
08/19/2007
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
08/08/2007
Compare
sri1309 has a reputation beyond repute sri1309 has a reputation beyond repute sri1309 has a reputation beyond repute sri1309 has a reputation beyond repute sri1309 has a reputation beyond repute sri1309 has a reputation beyond repute sri1309 has a reputation beyond repute sri1309 has a reputation beyond repute sri1309 has a reputation beyond repute sri1309 has a reputation beyond repute sri1309 has a reputation beyond repute

IV knows that not everyone will be able to come, but you need to be able to contribute. The event IV organized will result in you and me saving 1000s of dollars spent in renewing H1s/GCs/EADs etc and pain, and also in letting us think about investments now. Yet, there are MANY fence sitters, and did not contribute even a single dollar. Dont you know these folks.
Who said the efforts in this line are over now and no more spending is needed. Bill is not yet passed, Sir. Funds are always needed in doing whatever they already did, and will be doing in the near future. Feel free to contribute now, no one is holding you back.
Personally I wasnt able to go, yet I contributed $200 just two days before the event. I have contributed in the past too.
Pappu
You are 100% wrong when you said "Folks who did not show up do not have greencard as a priority and are not really suffering".
No Sir, they do have GC as a priority, and are really suffering, and are screwed up in every way possible related to these H1Bs, GCs etc.. Yet they feel they dont need to as others are already doing. They will be willing and shameless to come to eat the cake, not willing to participate in the efforts to make it. What do we say about this group.
You see this crap everywhere, trust me.

Last edited by pappu; 09-09-2012 at 06:44 PM.

1 out of 2 members found this post helpful.
Old 09-09-2012, 07:41 PM
Administrator
Priority Date
:
Mar-06
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
05/06/2006
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
06/29/2007
Compare
pappu has a reputation beyond repute pappu has a reputation beyond repute pappu has a reputation beyond repute pappu has a reputation beyond repute pappu has a reputation beyond repute pappu has a reputation beyond repute pappu has a reputation beyond repute pappu has a reputation beyond repute pappu has a reputation beyond repute pappu has a reputation beyond repute pappu has a reputation beyond repute

Thank you Sri for your thoughts and your support. We had a successful event because of such dedicated IV folks and we salute them. IV is what each one of us makes it. Nobody is doing a favor to me or core or to IV by participating. We are all doing a favor to ourselves by being active for the cause. The post was meant for people who like to sit on the sidelines , enjoy being the armchair critic, freeloader and the kind of people who give excuses like hair cut appointment or cricket match etc being the reason not to participate. Such posts will definitely rub them the wrong way. We are not here to play to the crowd and make people feel good and tell them what they want to hear. They can go to other sites where they will get all that because our community's long term green card wait serves their site's business interests. Over here our aim is different and we have no such interest. In fact by being successful we will no longer need any immigration forum, tracking, prediction or lawyer services for renewals, RFEs, porting etc. It is aimed telling people to rise to the occasion when it matters. The next round of fight is going to be crucial and everyone needs to be sincere if they want to be a part of the community that helps each other cross the finish line. It is acting now and get the relief when it is in sight or continue to run the marathon for the elusive green card for decades. We all have to make choices of deciding if we genuinely want our greencards and are willing to be sincere about it or are happy with status quo.

Facebook | YouTube | Twitter | Mailing List

===================
I do not give legal advice. You can pay and get it from Lawyers. Just show me some love and click the links above to help ImmigrationVoice any way you choose.
-----------

Last edited by pappu; 09-09-2012 at 09:02 PM.

Old 09-09-2012, 09:33 PM
Donor
Priority Date
:
Jan-07
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
05/02/2007
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/17/2007
Compare
needhelp! has a reputation beyond repute needhelp! has a reputation beyond repute needhelp! has a reputation beyond repute needhelp! has a reputation beyond repute needhelp! has a reputation beyond repute needhelp! has a reputation beyond repute needhelp! has a reputation beyond repute needhelp! has a reputation beyond repute needhelp! has a reputation beyond repute needhelp! has a reputation beyond repute needhelp! has a reputation beyond repute
Default I-We IV does it AGAIN!

All I can say is WOW... You guys pulled it off and how!

1800 of you showed up to stand up for Fairness
1800 of you showed up to stand up for Freedom
1800 of you showed up to stand up for Justice
1800 of you showed up to stand up for Innovation

1800 of you showed up for your selves and for the remaining 998,200 high-skilled immigrants and their families to stand up for HR3012, the bill the will remove the unfairness and injustice that has been thrust upon you by this archaic law of per country limits in high skilled green cards. 1800 of you have stood up and said that you believe in America and the values that make this country so great. 1800 of you have spoken for freedom from the day to day battles that restrict your ability to contribute even more to this great country.

And Because you showed up, HR 3012 will no longer be a dream.
Because of your support, thousands that come after you will not have to face what you have faced.
Because of your activism history will be written.
Because of your contribution, America will WIN
And Because of your faith in this cause, I-We WILL SUCCEED.

It was an honor to be a part of something THIS big. I consider myself lucky to have gotten a chance to be around such relentless, dedicated volunteers and believe that even though I will definitely forget your names, that a little bit of your spirit will always remain with me and push me to do my part.

THANK YOU IV!

Got GC in Sept 2011

Spread the RALLY message on:
Facebook | Google+ | Twitter | Contribute | HR3012 Wiki
Info on Rally | Accommodation | Air Miles | Carpool | Merchandize | Posters | Volunteers

Last edited by needhelp!; 09-09-2012 at 09:38 PM.

Old 09-09-2012, 10:12 PM
Administrator
Priority Date
:
Mar-06
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
05/06/2006
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
06/29/2007
Compare
pappu has a reputation beyond repute pappu has a reputation beyond repute pappu has a reputation beyond repute pappu has a reputation beyond repute pappu has a reputation beyond repute pappu has a reputation beyond repute pappu has a reputation beyond repute pappu has a reputation beyond repute pappu has a reputation beyond repute pappu has a reputation beyond repute pappu has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by needhelp! View Post
All I can say is WOW... You guys pulled it off and how!

1800 of you showed up to stand up for Fairness
1800 of you showed up to stand up for Freedom
1800 of you showed up to stand up for Justice
1800 of you showed up to stand up for Innovation

1800 of you showed up for your selves and for the remaining 998,200 high-skilled immigrants and their families to stand up for HR3012, the bill the will remove the unfairness and injustice that has been thrust upon you by this archaic law of per country limits in high skilled green cards. 1800 of you have stood up and said that you believe in America and the values that make this country so great. 1800 of you have spoken for freedom from the day to day battles that restrict your ability to contribute even more to this great country.

And Because you showed up, HR 3012 will no longer be a dream.
Because of your support, thousands that come after you will not have to face what you have faced.
Because of your activism history will be written.
Because of your contribution, America will WIN
And Because of your faith in this cause, I-We WILL SUCCEED.

It was an honor to be a part of something THIS big. I consider myself lucky to have gotten a chance to be around such relentless, dedicated volunteers and believe that even though I will definitely forget your names, that a little bit of your spirit will always remain with me and push me to do my part.

THANK YOU IV!
Thank you very much for coming all the way from Texas, volunteering and helping make this event a success. Your support gets an extra salute from all of us because you already have a greencard and continue to be a part of this active community to help us all cross the finish line.

Facebook | YouTube | Twitter | Mailing List

===================
I do not give legal advice. You can pay and get it from Lawyers. Just show me some love and click the links above to help ImmigrationVoice any way you choose.
-----------

Old 09-09-2012, 11:16 PM
Donor
Priority Date
:
Nov-05
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
Labor Certification
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
optimizer has a reputation beyond repute optimizer has a reputation beyond repute optimizer has a reputation beyond repute optimizer has a reputation beyond repute optimizer has a reputation beyond repute optimizer has a reputation beyond repute optimizer has a reputation beyond repute optimizer has a reputation beyond repute optimizer has a reputation beyond repute optimizer has a reputation beyond repute optimizer has a reputation beyond repute
Default Congratulations on making the Summit successful

Congratulations to everyone who made the summit successful.

Sorry, I couldn't make it to the summit. No excuse is reasonable for such meetings, but sometimes things are beyond one's control.

Here is my one time contribution of $100 on top of my recurring monthly contribution.

Your transaction ID for this payment is: 7A073490659330844.

Old 09-09-2012, 11:30 PM
Priority Date
:
Jan-06
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
PKV4voice is on a distinguished road
Default Thanks IV !!

Subscription#S-6GF46196NJ9808220

Thanks IV !!

Old 09-10-2012, 12:33 AM
Donor
Priority Date
:
Oct-04
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
02/22/2007
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
06/29/2007
Compare
veereddy has a reputation beyond repute veereddy has a reputation beyond repute veereddy has a reputation beyond repute veereddy has a reputation beyond repute veereddy has a reputation beyond repute veereddy has a reputation beyond repute veereddy has a reputation beyond repute veereddy has a reputation beyond repute veereddy has a reputation beyond repute veereddy has a reputation beyond repute veereddy has a reputation beyond repute
Thumbs up Thank you IV

Quote:
Originally Posted by pak View Post
I thank all the IV members, volunteers, core, lawmakers and special guests for joining the summit especially from New York, New Jersey, Pennsylvania. Special thanks to members who could not come due to unavoidable reasons but donated generously to IV and sharing air ticket costs. We still need to do lot of work ahead to pass HR3012. With your support and ground work we will make this happen. Go IV!!!
Thanks IV and everyone who made this event successful!!

I'm a proud participant from Philadelphia; it was a pleasure meeting with IV core and other volunteers who are working tirelessly.

Go IV!!

- Monthly Contributor
- Total contributions over $1,000

Old 09-10-2012, 01:29 AM
Priority Date
:
Category
:
N/A
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
vijayan_r has a reputation beyond repute vijayan_r has a reputation beyond repute vijayan_r has a reputation beyond repute vijayan_r has a reputation beyond repute vijayan_r has a reputation beyond repute vijayan_r has a reputation beyond repute vijayan_r has a reputation beyond repute vijayan_r has a reputation beyond repute vijayan_r has a reputation beyond repute vijayan_r has a reputation beyond repute vijayan_r has a reputation beyond repute

The presentation that was shown during the summit on Saturday was very professional and very well made with good production values. I guess that should be put in front of a lot more people.

Old 09-10-2012, 01:53 AM
Priority Date
:
Sep-09
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
amoltipnis has a reputation beyond repute amoltipnis has a reputation beyond repute amoltipnis has a reputation beyond repute amoltipnis has a reputation beyond repute amoltipnis has a reputation beyond repute amoltipnis has a reputation beyond repute amoltipnis has a reputation beyond repute amoltipnis has a reputation beyond repute amoltipnis has a reputation beyond repute amoltipnis has a reputation beyond repute amoltipnis has a reputation beyond repute
Default Great Team Effort!!

It was great to see/hear IV core members live on the stage. Great team effort. The panel discussion was very informative, especially to hear that USCIS is supportive of eliminating country limits.

Facebook | Google+ | Twitter | Contribute | HR3012 Wiki

Info on Rally | Accommodation | Air Miles | Carpool | Merchandize | Posters | Volunteers

Old 09-10-2012, 02:19 AM
Donor
Priority Date
:
Nov-03
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
07/01/2006
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/02/2007
Compare
nosightofgc has a reputation beyond repute nosightofgc has a reputation beyond repute nosightofgc has a reputation beyond repute nosightofgc has a reputation beyond repute nosightofgc has a reputation beyond repute nosightofgc has a reputation beyond repute nosightofgc has a reputation beyond repute nosightofgc has a reputation beyond repute nosightofgc has a reputation beyond repute nosightofgc has a reputation beyond repute nosightofgc has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks to IV for organizing such a monumental effort and make it as a grand success. We all know that IV core is spending numerous hours in the back ground to bring cloture to our bill, but this summit also required hours from several hundred volunteers and thanks a lot for that.

Due to changes in my personal life, I could not attend the summit as I planned originally. But here is my contribution for the effort. $200 new contribution in addition to $1200 I contributed earlier+monthly contributions. Confirmation Number: DZWLG-V08RM.

HR3012 Wiki | Facebook | Google+ | Twitter

-----------------------------------------------------------------------
Contributed to all action items for H.R.3012 including $1400.00

Old 09-10-2012, 02:48 AM
Priority Date
:
Sep-04
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
03/01/2007
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/01/2007
Compare
looivy has a reputation beyond repute looivy has a reputation beyond repute looivy has a reputation beyond repute looivy has a reputation beyond repute looivy has a reputation beyond repute looivy has a reputation beyond repute looivy has a reputation beyond repute looivy has a reputation beyond repute looivy has a reputation beyond repute looivy has a reputation beyond repute looivy has a reputation beyond repute
Default Thank you

IV -

It was a great event...I feel proud to have attended this event with another 1800 of my friends. Thanks for organizing this impressive event and thanks for your efforts. It takes a lot to coordinate an event of such a magnitude and get Congress-peoples to come and speak at our forum. I was impressed with Congressowman Zoe Logren speech and Rep Jason Chaffetz' message. Except a few selfish ROWers, everybody understands our plight.

I have mailed in a small contribution via check to your Santa Clara mailing address.

Thanks for leading us.

Cheers.