Immigration Voice - Forums
Register Get Involved Contact Lawmakers Advocacy Discussion Image Image Image Image

Go Back   Immigration Voice > Immigration Voice Issues and Congressional updates > IV Agenda and Legislative Updates
Click to log in with Facebook
IV Agenda and Legislative Updates Immigration Voice's Agenda and Legislative Updates

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-10-2012, 01:44 PM
Administrator
Priority Date
:
Mar-06
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
05/06/2006
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
06/29/2007
Compare
pappu has a reputation beyond repute pappu has a reputation beyond repute pappu has a reputation beyond repute pappu has a reputation beyond repute pappu has a reputation beyond repute pappu has a reputation beyond repute pappu has a reputation beyond repute pappu has a reputation beyond repute pappu has a reputation beyond repute pappu has a reputation beyond repute pappu has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by greyhair View Post
I was unable to make it to the summit but with all accounts I've read today, it was a great success. I tried my best to be there but due to work schedule reasons could not make it and I'm really sorry for that. I promise to be there the next time for sure, wherever I am needed to help.

myk110:

Respect is a 2-way street. There is nothing wrong with standing up to respect the national anthem of the country you call home. It doesn't mean you are being disrespectful to the country of citizenship, it just means you know how to behave as honorable guest, while you wait to become a citizen. The way I see it, respecting your host helps build mutual trust/understanding. Honoring national anthem of another country just means you respect their values.
Good reply.
You definitely have Grey Hairs!

Facebook | YouTube | Twitter | Mailing List

===================
I do not give legal advice. You can pay and get it from Lawyers. Just show me some love and click the links above to help ImmigrationVoice any way you choose.
-----------
Bookmark and Share Compare Reply With Quote

Old 09-10-2012, 03:21 PM
Priority Date
:
Nov-02
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
07/25/2007
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
02/06/2013
Compare
SGP has a reputation beyond repute SGP has a reputation beyond repute SGP has a reputation beyond repute SGP has a reputation beyond repute SGP has a reputation beyond repute SGP has a reputation beyond repute SGP has a reputation beyond repute SGP has a reputation beyond repute SGP has a reputation beyond repute SGP has a reputation beyond repute SGP has a reputation beyond repute

myk110:

Respect is a 2-way street. There is nothing wrong with standing up to respect the national anthem of the country you call home. It doesn't mean you are being disrespectful to the country of citizenship, it just means you know how to behave as honorable guest, while you wait to become a citizen. The way I see it, respecting your host helps build mutual trust/understanding. Honoring national anthem of another country just means you respect their values.[/quote]

Well said. I second this in every which way
I140 Receipt Date:Jul 26, '07
I140 Approved Date:Apr 8, '08
2nd I140 Receipt Date:Jul 22, '11
I140 RFE Date:Mar 6, '12
I140 Approved Date:May 23, '12
I-485 Mailed Date:Feb 6, '13 Finally
I-485 Receipt Date:Feb 7, '13
I-485 Notice Date:Feb 12, '13
EAD & Advance Parole Approval:Mar 2, '13
EAD & Advance Parole Combo Card Recd Date:Mar 8, '13 (valid for 1 year)
Finger Print Notice date:Mar 29, '13

Old 09-10-2012, 03:27 PM
Administrator
Priority Date
:
Apr-09
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
01/31/2012
Compare
The Alchemist has a reputation beyond repute The Alchemist has a reputation beyond repute The Alchemist has a reputation beyond repute The Alchemist has a reputation beyond repute The Alchemist has a reputation beyond repute The Alchemist has a reputation beyond repute The Alchemist has a reputation beyond repute The Alchemist has a reputation beyond repute The Alchemist has a reputation beyond repute The Alchemist has a reputation beyond repute The Alchemist has a reputation beyond repute
Thumbs up Thank you

Just want to thank all the members of this community who turned out to join us in making our voices heard. A special thanks to all the unsung volunteers who worked tirelessly in helping this event become a HUGE SUCCESS.

Thank you once again.

PS: Please click ImmigrationVoice.org - San Jose Summit Links or on "Summit" in the signature below for information about how to send in your pictures and videos.

Old 09-10-2012, 04:42 PM
Administrator
Priority Date
:
Mar-06
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
05/06/2006
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
06/29/2007
Compare
pappu has a reputation beyond repute pappu has a reputation beyond repute pappu has a reputation beyond repute pappu has a reputation beyond repute pappu has a reputation beyond repute pappu has a reputation beyond repute pappu has a reputation beyond repute pappu has a reputation beyond repute pappu has a reputation beyond repute pappu has a reputation beyond repute pappu has a reputation beyond repute

Please submit all your pictures and videos here

ImmigrationVoice.org - San Jose Summit Links

We will later put them all together for everyone to see,

===================
I do not give legal advice. You can pay and get it from Lawyers. Just show me some love and click the links above to help ImmigrationVoice any way you choose.
-----------

1 out of 1 members found this post helpful.
Old 09-10-2012, 05:37 PM
Priority Date
:
Nov-08
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
Rb_newsletter has a reputation beyond repute Rb_newsletter has a reputation beyond repute Rb_newsletter has a reputation beyond repute Rb_newsletter has a reputation beyond repute Rb_newsletter has a reputation beyond repute Rb_newsletter has a reputation beyond repute Rb_newsletter has a reputation beyond repute Rb_newsletter has a reputation beyond repute Rb_newsletter has a reputation beyond repute Rb_newsletter has a reputation beyond repute Rb_newsletter has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by pappu View Post
Please submit all your pictures and videos here

ImmigrationVoice.org - San Jose Summit Links

We will later put them all together for everyone to see,
Pappu,

Were you the host on the stage with white t-shirt conducting the event?

Congrats on a successful event completion!

Felt good to hear directly from congress woman. She made the point very clear to everyone when she said it is not fair to ask for country of birth for employment GC when no company asks the same question while hiring. Also I liked when she compared and said that the population of Island is 1/3 of population of city of San Jose and still has same amount of visas available as China/India.

And no one has mentioned about stand up comedy. It was really nice and thought provoking. IV made nice choice by choosing him.

Also I would like to appreciate IV volunteer who raised from Iowa to negotiate with Hon'l Senator who raised to put a hold on the bill. Thanks a lot Doctor, your efforts are wonderful.

For people who stay in San Jose area and couldn't show up to the event on a Saturday, this Iowa volunteer should be a great inspiration to you guys. I learnt that he made several visits to senator's office on workdays (i.e. taking off from work) driving 2 hours one way. And he also attended the summit.

Everything was good.

I have only one question in my mind. I didn't see any one from other back logged countries. I am sure these efforts are going to benefit them a lot; they could have attended and showed their support.

Old 09-10-2012, 05:48 PM
Priority Date
:
Jun-03
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
10/22/2006
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/12/2007
Compare
amitjoey has a reputation beyond repute amitjoey has a reputation beyond repute amitjoey has a reputation beyond repute amitjoey has a reputation beyond repute amitjoey has a reputation beyond repute amitjoey has a reputation beyond repute amitjoey has a reputation beyond repute amitjoey has a reputation beyond repute amitjoey has a reputation beyond repute amitjoey has a reputation beyond repute amitjoey has a reputation beyond repute

VISA Bulletin OUT

EB1 INDIA: CURRENT
EB2 INDIA: 01SEP 04
EB3 INDIA: 15 OCT 02

HR3012 Wiki | Facebook | Google+ | Twitter

Attended SJ Rally, flower campaign, DC Rally, Contributor since2007, Attended SJ 2012- HR3012 Rally.

New EB2 started April 2011
Greened Oct 2012

Old 09-10-2012, 06:11 PM
Priority Date
:
Sep-06
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
arc has a brilliant future arc has a brilliant future arc has a brilliant future arc has a brilliant future arc has a brilliant future arc has a brilliant future arc has a brilliant future arc has a brilliant future arc has a brilliant future arc has a brilliant future arc has a brilliant future
Default Other Countries

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rb_newsletter View Post
Pappu,

Were you the host on the stage with white t-shirt conducting the event?

Congrats on a successful event completion!

Felt good to hear directly from congress woman. She made the point very clear to everyone when she said it is not fair to ask for country of birth for employment GC when no company asks the same question while hiring. Also I liked when she compared and said that the population of Island is 1/3 of population of city of San Jose and still has same amount of visas available as China/India.

And no one has mentioned about stand up comedy. It was really nice and thought provoking. IV made nice choice by choosing him.

Also I would like to appreciate IV volunteer who raised from Iowa to negotiate with Hon'l Senator who raised to put a hold on the bill. Thanks a lot Doctor, your efforts are wonderful.

For people who stay in San Jose area and couldn't show up to the event on a Saturday, this Iowa volunteer should be a great inspiration to you guys. I learnt that he made several visits to senator's office on workdays (i.e. taking off from work) driving 2 hours one way. And he also attended the summit.

Everything was good.

I have only one question in my mind. I didn't see any one from other back logged countries. I am sure these efforts are going to benefit them a lot; they could have attended and showed their support.
We had some leaders show up for other communities, Mexico and China - But yes unfortunately they did not have as many volunteers or word of mouth/news wasn't spread enough, as compared to the previous San Jose rally we saw less turnout from other affected countries, contribute any ideas/ways to get those communities on-board - One idea was to air the event details on their radio as well like we did on 1170AM.

Old 09-10-2012, 06:54 PM
Donor
Priority Date
:
May-09
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
pd052009 has a reputation beyond repute pd052009 has a reputation beyond repute pd052009 has a reputation beyond repute pd052009 has a reputation beyond repute pd052009 has a reputation beyond repute pd052009 has a reputation beyond repute pd052009 has a reputation beyond repute pd052009 has a reputation beyond repute pd052009 has a reputation beyond repute pd052009 has a reputation beyond repute pd052009 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by amitjoey View Post
VISA Bulletin OUT

EB1 INDIA: CURRENT
EB2 INDIA: 01SEP 04
EB3 INDIA: 15 OCT 02
Hope this will push the community to pour more active support for Hr 3012
c) priority date and
d)location to i485.mailing.list@gmail.com .

Until Congress enacts legislation to eliminate backlogs, people who cannot file I485 will always be in limbo and at the mercy of endless H1B visa extensions and visa stamps. Join us and be a part of future IV initiatives to push USCIS to allow I485 filing without current PD.
Wiki

Old 09-10-2012, 07:16 PM
Administrator
Priority Date
:
Mar-06
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
05/06/2006
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
06/29/2007
Compare

Quote:
Originally Posted by pd052009 View Post
Hope this will push the community to pour more active support for Hr 3012
I called several people urging them to come for the event. It was good to see majority of them responding and feeling happy that someone from IV is taking the trouble to call them and inform them about the event, however a small minority I called refused to take interest even though they were IV members posting heavily about their EAD and RFE issues. I was told that they are not really desperate about greencard since they are in EB2 and will get current very soon. I tried telling them your eb2 dates will go back next month so back it will take time to reach your PD. they started giving me names of websites and people who they worship telling me that xyz says this and they believe him/her. I had to end the conversation by telling them the prediction they believe in will be incorrect next month. Here we are now and in a way feel vindicated. While none of us like dates going back and expect them moving forward it is time people look beyond their own selfish little cocoon of PD, tracking, prediction , worshiping others and attack the root cause of the problem. Infact some time back I had joked with an official that these days predicting visa bulletin has become a good business and promoting their services.
If country limits were not there in the first pace we all would have been in a good place. If all of us were vigilant in the last decade visas would not have been wasted and dates would have been easy to reach for everyone. There is still a chance for these folks to get active and do the right thing. It is sincerely asking an honest answer from ourself- do we genuinely want a greencard or are we kidding ourselves by saying we do not care about greencard to run away from our community's responsibility?

===================
-----------

Last edited by pappu; 09-10-2012 at 07:22 PM.

Old 09-10-2012, 07:17 PM
Priority Date
:
Aug-06
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
03/28/2007
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
N/A
I485 Mailed Date
:
06/30/2007
Compare
abhijitp has a reputation beyond repute abhijitp has a reputation beyond repute abhijitp has a reputation beyond repute abhijitp has a reputation beyond repute abhijitp has a reputation beyond repute abhijitp has a reputation beyond repute abhijitp has a reputation beyond repute abhijitp has a reputation beyond repute abhijitp has a reputation beyond repute abhijitp has a reputation beyond repute abhijitp has a reputation beyond repute
Default A different perspective

I am writing to both, thank IV and congratulate IV on the Fairness and Freedom Summit.

I showed up a bit late as I was unaware of the schedule change, and missed the part before the walk to the performing arts center. However, I enjoyed every moment of being present there and being part of our community, and walking together!

My family joined me later at the performing arts too. Our 7 year old twins were both very interested in the walk, so not doing that was a bit disappointing for them, but they still wanted to come, so they did come and sat inside the auditorium, even if they
probably understood nothing about the content. But they did know one thing. Their dad used to volunteer with these people and that is how we (including the two of them) got our green cards in about SIX years. (That may not even sound real to those who were not born in India and China. People grateful for getting a green card in 6 years? But we are!)

Our family expresses immense gratitude for giving us a chance to come and express our support to the noble cause.

I hope the bill is a success. I will be sure to make my share of the phone calls to urge law makers to support it!

Now... I know I have not actively been part of the lobby day efforts lately... however there is something I want to suggest from whatever personal growth my son and I have achieved in the last 3 years thanks to the program we do for his recovery from
autism.

When a child with autism tantrums, most parents get really uncomfortable about it and get angry or even feel guilty. They then try to do everything they can to stop him. My wife and I learned that doing that only helps the child know that's a great way to get noticed
and feel empowered. So in our program we re-programmed ourselves to be caring and loving, yet act slow and respond with less (not more) energy to his tantrums and crying when things did not go his way. You may not believe this, but his crying and tantrums stopped in less than a week.... and have not returned!

Why am I telling you guys about that?

Because in general, there is (and was during the summit) a lot of negativity expressed (along with all the positive energy too) when anyone speaks about how the broken legal high skilled immigration system affects
their personal, family, and professional lives. I totally accept that, and I was doing this myself too when I sang that "wake up before you go crazy" song 5 years ago. But I feel there is no balance. Most of us are only saying how we get frustrated when that happens. How about noticing the opportunity that the backlogs created... an opportunity to come together and participate in solving such an important issue through a peaceful and democratic process, while finding the most amazing friends that we find here everyday.

When we shower so much attention on someone for doing what we do not want to see, they are likely to keep doing it. We want the senators and the congressmen to help our cause, but we are saying so much about what it means when they DO NOT help us. The more we talk about it with frustration, the more it suggests they are the ones who are
controlling our lives. Well, who would give up being in control? If I was a law maker who even supported us, I might internally feel more empowered when we say our happiness depends on their taking action.

If we turned around our message, what would it be?

Maybe we could say: "We all have a life, and we are doing our best with it. If we do not get our green cards soon, that's okay. We will do our jobs with integrity and zeal, no matter what. BECAUSE WE CHOOSE TO. We chose to come to this country and we stayed, and we want to stay more... because we love this place. The system is
broken, but it is not in charge of our happiness. We are in charge!

However.... if we did get our green cards on time... we and our children would take away a very different and positive experience from our life here. It would be an experience where we will be more free to do what we want... including the interesting or
rewarding job or career or role in our existing job we want. And our children (future American employers) will have the stability they want now, in order to grow to become tomorrow's employers in America.

We are Immigrants and Immigrants embrace and represent change. Life is change. Life and really the universe celebrates itself through change. And those who oppose change, are really opposing life!

Immigrants give up what they have, and decide to come to an unknown land, and call it their home. Their kids watch this everyday. Immigrants' kids therefore also likely believe that "change is good".

If someone is wanting to promote "conservation" of the system versus promoting change, that is okay too. We and our kids, will excel no matter what, because we are extra-ordinary folks who left what we had to come here and create something wonderful! Our intention is empowering enough for us to have a rewarding life experience... no matter where we have to go!

The other party WANTS something too. Simply avoiding us is not really what it is. Below every instance of "I do not want THIS" there is an "I want THAT". Do we know what THAT is? I think if we accept those who are opposing this bill as justified in whatever they are saying for their own personal reasons, a new perspective will open up. I am serious. Then we can talk to them about what they actually WANT. That would help us solve the grid-lock!

Perhaps he wants to keep things the same i.e. no one takes away jobs. Conservation is part of the human experience, as much as change and growth. But without change, there is no life. We were born because we had nothing to lose and everything to gain by trying to be born! So... the question that we can really coolly ask the opposition is: what does the US have to lose if a few thousand more highly skilled immigrants got our green cards sooner? As well as we say to them: they are not making us unhappy by not giving us those green cards. But then say what we will do, if we did get those green cards sooner. What will all the stability mean, for our children, who could be the potential employers of their kids? (They are MORE recent immigrants than their kids, so our kids have a clear advantage there.)

Anyways. Thanks again for the wonderful opportunity that IV has created.

Always proud to be part of IV!
2) Flowers campaign, SJ rally, Youtube Video Campaign, Attended DC Rally & co-ordinated Airfare Sponsorships, Gathered and mailed over 300 letters in Admin Fix campaign
PD: Aug 2006. I-485: July, August 2007 @ TSC. I-485 approved on June 15, 2011

Old 09-10-2012, 07:45 PM
Banned
Priority Date
:
Dec-07
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
waitingnwaiting has a reputation beyond repute waitingnwaiting has a reputation beyond repute waitingnwaiting has a reputation beyond repute waitingnwaiting has a reputation beyond repute waitingnwaiting has a reputation beyond repute waitingnwaiting has a reputation beyond repute waitingnwaiting has a reputation beyond repute waitingnwaiting has a reputation beyond repute waitingnwaiting has a reputation beyond repute waitingnwaiting has a reputation beyond repute waitingnwaiting has a reputation beyond repute

Did anyone notice a consulting company guy with a board showing openings in his company and distributing his business cards outside the venue? Funnily people were taking those cards from the sucker.

0 out of 1 members found this post helpful.
Old 09-10-2012, 08:31 PM
Donor
Priority Date
:
Mar-03
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
03/05/2007
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
06/08/2007
Compare
seahawks has a reputation beyond repute seahawks has a reputation beyond repute seahawks has a reputation beyond repute seahawks has a reputation beyond repute seahawks has a reputation beyond repute seahawks has a reputation beyond repute seahawks has a reputation beyond repute seahawks has a reputation beyond repute seahawks has a reputation beyond repute seahawks has a reputation beyond repute seahawks has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by abhijitp View Post
I am writing to both, thank IV and congratulate IV on the Fairness and Freedom Summit.

I showed up a bit late as I was unaware of the schedule change, and missed the part before the walk to the performing arts center. However, I enjoyed every moment of being present there and being part of our community, and walking together!

My family joined me later at the performing arts too. Our 7 year old twins were both very interested in the walk, so not doing that was a bit disappointing for them, but they still wanted to come, so they did come and sat inside the auditorium, even if they
probably understood nothing about the content. But they did know one thing. Their dad used to volunteer with these people and that is how we (including the two of them) got our green cards in about SIX years. (That may not even sound real to those who were not born in India and China. People grateful for getting a green card in 6 years? But we are!)

Our family expresses immense gratitude for giving us a chance to come and express our support to the noble cause.

I hope the bill is a success. I will be sure to make my share of the phone calls to urge law makers to support it!

Now... I know I have not actively been part of the lobby day efforts lately... however there is something I want to suggest from whatever personal growth my son and I have achieved in the last 3 years thanks to the program we do for his recovery from
autism.

When a child with autism tantrums, most parents get really uncomfortable about it and get angry or even feel guilty. They then try to do everything they can to stop him. My wife and I learned that doing that only helps the child know that's a great way to get noticed
and feel empowered. So in our program we re-programmed ourselves to be caring and loving, yet act slow and respond with less (not more) energy to his tantrums and crying when things did not go his way. You may not believe this, but his crying and tantrums stopped in less than a week.... and have not returned!

Why am I telling you guys about that?

Because in general, there is (and was during the summit) a lot of negativity expressed (along with all the positive energy too) when anyone speaks about how the broken legal high skilled immigration system affects
their personal, family, and professional lives. I totally accept that, and I was doing this myself too when I sang that "wake up before you go crazy" song 5 years ago. But I feel there is no balance. Most of us are only saying how we get frustrated when that happens. How about noticing the opportunity that the backlogs created... an opportunity to come together and participate in solving such an important issue through a peaceful and democratic process, while finding the most amazing friends that we find here everyday.

When we shower so much attention on someone for doing what we do not want to see, they are likely to keep doing it. We want the senators and the congressmen to help our cause, but we are saying so much about what it means when they DO NOT help us. The more we talk about it with frustration, the more it suggests they are the ones who are
controlling our lives. Well, who would give up being in control? If I was a law maker who even supported us, I might internally feel more empowered when we say our happiness depends on their taking action.

If we turned around our message, what would it be?

Maybe we could say: "We all have a life, and we are doing our best with it. If we do not get our green cards soon, that's okay. We will do our jobs with integrity and zeal, no matter what. BECAUSE WE CHOOSE TO. We chose to come to this country and we stayed, and we want to stay more... because we love this place. The system is
broken, but it is not in charge of our happiness. We are in charge!

However.... if we did get our green cards on time... we and our children would take away a very different and positive experience from our life here. It would be an experience where we will be more free to do what we want... including the interesting or
rewarding job or career or role in our existing job we want. And our children (future American employers) will have the stability they want now, in order to grow to become tomorrow's employers in America.

We are Immigrants and Immigrants embrace and represent change. Life is change. Life and really the universe celebrates itself through change. And those who oppose change, are really opposing life!

Immigrants give up what they have, and decide to come to an unknown land, and call it their home. Their kids watch this everyday. Immigrants' kids therefore also likely believe that "change is good".

If someone is wanting to promote "conservation" of the system versus promoting change, that is okay too. We and our kids, will excel no matter what, because we are extra-ordinary folks who left what we had to come here and create something wonderful! Our intention is empowering enough for us to have a rewarding life experience... no matter where we have to go!

The other party WANTS something too. Simply avoiding us is not really what it is. Below every instance of "I do not want THIS" there is an "I want THAT". Do we know what THAT is? I think if we accept those who are opposing this bill as justified in whatever they are saying for their own personal reasons, a new perspective will open up. I am serious. Then we can talk to them about what they actually WANT. That would help us solve the grid-lock!

Perhaps he wants to keep things the same i.e. no one takes away jobs. Conservation is part of the human experience, as much as change and growth. But without change, there is no life. We were born because we had nothing to lose and everything to gain by trying to be born! So... the question that we can really coolly ask the opposition is: what does the US have to lose if a few thousand more highly skilled immigrants got our green cards sooner? As well as we say to them: they are not making us unhappy by not giving us those green cards. But then say what we will do, if we did get those green cards sooner. What will all the stability mean, for our children, who could be the potential employers of their kids? (They are MORE recent immigrants than their kids, so our kids have a clear advantage there.)

Anyways. Thanks again for the wonderful opportunity that IV has created.

Always proud to be part of IV!
Thanks for your perspective, I am not sure or feel qualified to compare about what you are dealing with being a parent and what is currently the legal immigration system.I really admire your perspective on the personal front, however I find it difficult on relating it to the current legal immigration system. We are not a voting a constituent, so unfortunately we are not heard unless we intensify our efforts and make people aware. If I were to say, you know wifey, I know you are qualified and you are experienced, but you know what, its okay, this is the system currently, so lets be happy and you stay at home.. I won't be even sleeping in the couch We can either accept the situation that we are put in and do nothing, or we can do something about it. Telling people we are happy, life will move on and there is absolutely nothing about the system that bothers me is equivalent to doing nothing in my opinion. Standing up and telling your story and saying it the way it is, is the right thing to do, there is nothing negative about it. We are a movement of professionally skilled workers who feel are in the receiving end. Yes, it is a choice we made to live in this country and I understand it is not a right. I look at it this way, medical insurance is not a right either, you either afford it or you don't, if you can't afford it, then your life may not be important enough to ones who can afford it. The same way if you are born in the heavily retrogressed countries, it should not matter, as it is your skills and experience that should the basis for employment based immigration.

Imagine this, go back to the colonial rule of India, if I was born then,happy and not participated in the different movements bringing awareness, I would still be living under colonial rule, if I were someone who never had the right to vote, I would still not have a right to vote.. so my point being, immigration may be a hot button issue is might not be popular among some, but it is the right thing to do.

Old 09-10-2012, 09:01 PM
Priority Date
:
Aug-06
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
03/28/2007
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
N/A
I485 Mailed Date
:
06/30/2007
Compare
abhijitp has a reputation beyond repute abhijitp has a reputation beyond repute abhijitp has a reputation beyond repute abhijitp has a reputation beyond repute abhijitp has a reputation beyond repute abhijitp has a reputation beyond repute abhijitp has a reputation beyond repute abhijitp has a reputation beyond repute abhijitp has a reputation beyond repute abhijitp has a reputation beyond repute abhijitp has a reputation beyond repute
Default Do nothing? Did I say that?

Do nothing? Did I say that? (Feel free to re-read at my post.)

Accept is not "stop looking for change". Accept = be okay with the outcome, and then focus on changing what you want to change. Want all you want without worrying about failure.

We first complain about not being able to file our I-485. Then we complain about not being able to get our EAD's and AP's on time. Then we complain about not getting the GC on time. Finally, after we get the GC, we complain about not getting citizenship sooner. Thereafter we look for other things to complain about.

How about: I want to file my I-485 right away without regard to the country of my birth. I want to have ONE EAD and AP that works until I get my GC. I want that GC to be with me in a year. If you cannot do that for me, give me my GC and take your time and return to the 1% people who have issues with RFE's. I can want and sincerely lobby the lawmakers for all or part of this without complaining that the lawmakers are in charge of making me sad when they do not do anything about it.

All said and done, I totally accept your viewpoint as your viewpoint.

This is not to say mine is the right viewpoint and the majority is not. It is simply a matter of a choice.

I myself did not stop worrying about the GC until 2 years ago, and really... until the day I got it!

That said, that did not help my GC come to me any faster than if I had been totally chilled out and enjoying doing my part i.e. working to get 300 signatures on letters to President Bush, go to SJ and DC rallies, making phone calls to lawmakers, and everything else I was doing... which, by the way, I was immensely enjoying... even as I was worrying inside about not getting my GC on time.

I will also be the first one to tell you this. Until July 2007 I did not want to do anything about this issue. I used to worry about losing $50 by donating to IV, but I was okay to spend over $100 on cable. The fear of losing something does not motivate most people!

Then the VB fiasco happened. Then I did everything I could, for I had nothing to lose, and everything to gain by trying. My friends ridiculed me for sending flowers and making YT videos. If I had become uncomfortable about losing that money or losing friends, I could not have moved. What I did until 2007 is what most of my friends who still haven't received their green cards are doing (and they are waiting since 2003). They will hold on to the $50 than donate it to IV because they are too attached to the outcome. Lose the fear of losing, and you will free yourself to actually do something!

Quote:
Originally Posted by seahawks View Post
Thanks for your perspective, I am not sure or feel qualified to compare about what you are dealing with being a parent and what is currently the legal immigration system.I really admire your perspective on the personal front, however I find it difficult on relating it to the current legal immigration system. We are not a voting a constituent, so unfortunately we are not heard unless we intensify our efforts and make people aware. If I were to say, you know wifey, I know you are qualified and you are experienced, but you know what, its okay, this is the system currently, so lets be happy and you stay at home.. I won't be even sleeping in the couch We can either accept the situation that we are put in and do nothing, or we can do something about it. Telling people we are happy, life will move on and there is absolutely nothing about the system that bothers me is equivalent to doing nothing in my opinion. Standing up and telling your story and saying it the way it is, is the right thing to do, there is nothing negative about it. We are a movement of professionally skilled workers who feel are in the receiving end. Yes, it is a choice we made to live in this country and I understand it is not a right. I look at it this way, medical insurance is not a right either, you either afford it or you don't, if you can't afford it, then your life may not be important enough to ones who can afford it. The same way if you are born in the heavily retrogressed countries, it should not matter, as it is your skills and experience that should the basis for employment based immigration.

Imagine this, go back to the colonial rule of India, if I was born then,happy and not participated in the different movements bringing awareness, I would still be living under colonial rule, if I were someone who never had the right to vote, I would still not have a right to vote.. so my point being, immigration may be a hot button issue is might not be popular among some, but it is the right thing to do.
2) Flowers campaign, SJ rally, Youtube Video Campaign, Attended DC Rally & co-ordinated Airfare Sponsorships, Gathered and mailed over 300 letters in Admin Fix campaign
PD: Aug 2006. I-485: July, August 2007 @ TSC. I-485 approved on June 15, 2011

Last edited by abhijitp; 09-10-2012 at 09:04 PM.

Old 09-10-2012, 09:02 PM
Priority Date
:
Nov-10
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
01/28/2011
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
CKR can only hope to improve

HOW ABOUT creating and Promoting a Youtube video with all the facts in a style similar to KONI 2012 video???

I will try to help whatever I can, but I am no Flash guru, but guess will learn it soon if need be.

Old 09-10-2012, 09:14 PM
Priority Date
:
Jun-10
Category
:
N/A
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
ankydoodle has a brilliant future ankydoodle has a brilliant future ankydoodle has a brilliant future ankydoodle has a brilliant future ankydoodle has a brilliant future ankydoodle has a brilliant future ankydoodle has a brilliant future ankydoodle has a brilliant future ankydoodle has a brilliant future ankydoodle has a brilliant future ankydoodle has a brilliant future
Thumbs up All the Best !

I didn't know about IV until very recently. I really applaud all the work you guys have been doing to add power to all our voices. Keep it up. I contributed $100 already (Transaction ID: 32P05271UA529123G) after a day of learning about this forum. I hope to lend my full support in the future as well. I already mailed the local senator but still waiting to hear back from him. All the Best to all of us... Thanks...