Immigration Voice - Forums
Register Get Involved Contact Lawmakers Advocacy Discussion Image Image Image Image

Go Back   Immigration Voice > Immigration Voice Issues and Congressional updates > IV Agenda and Legislative Updates
Click to log in with Facebook
IV Agenda and Legislative Updates Immigration Voice's Agenda and Legislative Updates

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-09-2012, 11:13 PM
Administrator
Priority Date
:
Jun-02
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
08/04/2003
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140+I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
10/06/2003
Compare
Administrator2 has a reputation beyond repute Administrator2 has a reputation beyond repute Administrator2 has a reputation beyond repute Administrator2 has a reputation beyond repute Administrator2 has a reputation beyond repute Administrator2 has a reputation beyond repute Administrator2 has a reputation beyond repute Administrator2 has a reputation beyond repute Administrator2 has a reputation beyond repute Administrator2 has a reputation beyond repute Administrator2 has a reputation beyond repute
Default New rally date is September 8th, 2012: Fairness and Freedom March in San Jose, CA

Dear Friends,

We are humbled to have received such a positive response from all in the three days since announcing the planned "Fairness and Freedom March" in San Jose, California. The overwhelming response to the rally has been extremely encouraging. Thanks to everyone who has reached to volunteer to plan and organize the event. After seeing the response from IV members around the country, we are more confident than ever that our collective voice will ensure the passage of H.R.3012.

One positive development that we are glad to share is that some key lawmakers have expressed their desire to address the rally and show support for H.R.3012. These offices have been long time supporters of our bill and their continued support is very crucial for us. Unfortunately, we must change our chosen date for the rally in order to ensure the participation of these key supporters. To accommodate their varying schedules and in the interest of our success, we are moving the date of the "Freedom and Fairness March" to September 8th, 2012. The presence of these key officials will attract a lot more attention to our rally and will also help us maximize our chances of getting H.R. 3012 passed at the earliest date possible.

We understand that many of you from far off places have made travel plans and arranged to take time off from work to travel to California. We have not made this decision lightly, and we sincerely hope you understand that this change is in the interest of our efforts to get H.R.3012 passed. Raising our voices together for the "Fairness and Freedom March" is a key component of our overall strategy, and we can not leave any stone unturned to maximize its impact.

If you have made flight arrangements or any other reservations that will have to be changed, please contact us at rally@immigrationvoice.org or our coordinator at (202) 386-6250, so that we can work with you to reduce your inconvenience. We will do all that we can.

This positive development and requests to reschedule have happened in just the past few hours. We will update the flyers and other grassroots messages to reflect the updated information. Our first priority is to get this new information to our members/volunteers as soon as possible, and we will update you regarding the venue and other details shortly. We truly look forward to an even more massive and successful "Fairness and Freedom March" starting at 10am on September 8th, 2012 in the Bay Area.

Thank You,
Immigration Voice

Last edited by pappu; 08-10-2012 at 12:05 PM.
Bookmark and Share Compare Reply With Quote

5 out of 5 members found this post helpful.
Old 08-09-2012, 11:22 PM
Administrator
Priority Date
:
Jun-02
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
08/04/2003
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140+I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
10/06/2003
Compare
Administrator2 has a reputation beyond repute Administrator2 has a reputation beyond repute Administrator2 has a reputation beyond repute Administrator2 has a reputation beyond repute Administrator2 has a reputation beyond repute Administrator2 has a reputation beyond repute Administrator2 has a reputation beyond repute Administrator2 has a reputation beyond repute Administrator2 has a reputation beyond repute Administrator2 has a reputation beyond repute Administrator2 has a reputation beyond repute

ACTION ITEM:

Flyers Attached.

Please print and post in all grocery stores, temples, etc visited by high-skilled immigrants across the country.

Please also print and distribute it in parks, malls, public places to immigrants and request them to join this rally.

===========
===========
Posters:

Design 1

http://immigrationvoice.org/wiki/ima...ally_Flyer.pdf

Design 2

http://immigrationvoice.org/wiki/ima...ly_poster1.pdf (B&W)

Design 3

http://immigrationvoice.org/wiki/ima...er2a_color.pdf (Color without tear-off strips)
http://immigrationvoice.org/wiki/ima...y_poster2a.pdf (B&W without tear-off strips)

Design 4

http://immigrationvoice.org/wiki/ima...ter3_color.pdf (Color)
http://immigrationvoice.org/wiki/ima...ly_poster3.pdf (B&W)

Design 5

http://immigrationvoice.org/wiki/ima...er4_color2.pdf (Color)
http://immigrationvoice.org/wiki/ima...y_poster4a.pdf (B&W)

==============
Cards
http://immigrationvoice.org/wiki/ima.../5x7_cards.pdf
=========

Last edited by ashwin_27; 08-11-2012 at 02:08 AM.

Old 08-10-2012, 05:39 AM
Donor
Priority Date
:
Jun-09
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
Labor Certification
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
cleopatra has a reputation beyond repute cleopatra has a reputation beyond repute cleopatra has a reputation beyond repute cleopatra has a reputation beyond repute cleopatra has a reputation beyond repute cleopatra has a reputation beyond repute cleopatra has a reputation beyond repute cleopatra has a reputation beyond repute cleopatra has a reputation beyond repute cleopatra has a reputation beyond repute cleopatra has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks for the update. This is great news. Our goal is to get the bill passed. Thanks to IV for getting the bill to this stage and for all the efforts.

If changing the dates will help the bill, I am all for it. This is a fantastic opportunity and let's keep the momentum going.

Now the more people who join the effort, the better it is and with the update, it will certainly help with the momentum and in bringing exposure to the discriminatory practices in the system.

Let's work together and bring fairness to the system.

Once again thanks for the update and the great news.

Old 08-10-2012, 08:42 AM
Priority Date
:
Dec-08
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
01/31/2012
Compare
kumar4875 is a jewel in the rough kumar4875 is a jewel in the rough kumar4875 is a jewel in the rough kumar4875 is a jewel in the rough

are we organising another rally in east coast too?

Old 08-10-2012, 09:25 AM
Priority Date
:
Jun-03
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
srij has a reputation beyond repute srij has a reputation beyond repute srij has a reputation beyond repute srij has a reputation beyond repute srij has a reputation beyond repute srij has a reputation beyond repute srij has a reputation beyond repute srij has a reputation beyond repute srij has a reputation beyond repute srij has a reputation beyond repute srij has a reputation beyond repute
Default No problem..will be there

We were able to change the dates. No problem. BTW we are flying southwest from Newark,NJ.

Old 08-10-2012, 09:42 AM
Donor
Priority Date
:
Nov-06
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
01/27/2007
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/27/2007
Compare
mantagon has a reputation beyond repute mantagon has a reputation beyond repute mantagon has a reputation beyond repute mantagon has a reputation beyond repute mantagon has a reputation beyond repute mantagon has a reputation beyond repute mantagon has a reputation beyond repute mantagon has a reputation beyond repute mantagon has a reputation beyond repute mantagon has a reputation beyond repute mantagon has a reputation beyond repute
Default I was able...

...to change the flight dates too!
The rally will be even more exciting and noteworthy, now that some of the key lawmakers will be there to supoort our cause...

Go IV!

Old 08-10-2012, 09:52 AM
Administrator
Priority Date
:
Mar-06
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
05/06/2006
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
06/29/2007
Compare
pappu has a reputation beyond repute pappu has a reputation beyond repute pappu has a reputation beyond repute pappu has a reputation beyond repute pappu has a reputation beyond repute pappu has a reputation beyond repute pappu has a reputation beyond repute pappu has a reputation beyond repute pappu has a reputation beyond repute pappu has a reputation beyond repute pappu has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by kumar4875 View Post
are we organising another rally in east coast too?
Only in San Jose. People are flying in from all corners. Every IV member has to come there if they need the bill to pass. It is mandatory.

Facebook | YouTube | Twitter | Mailing List

===================
I do not give legal advice. You can pay and get it from Lawyers. Just show me some love and click the links above to help ImmigrationVoice any way you choose.
-----------

Old 08-10-2012, 10:14 AM
Priority Date
:
Jun-03
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
10/22/2006
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/12/2007
Compare
amitjoey has a reputation beyond repute amitjoey has a reputation beyond repute amitjoey has a reputation beyond repute amitjoey has a reputation beyond repute amitjoey has a reputation beyond repute amitjoey has a reputation beyond repute amitjoey has a reputation beyond repute amitjoey has a reputation beyond repute amitjoey has a reputation beyond repute amitjoey has a reputation beyond repute amitjoey has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks for the update Pappu. The date change allows certain lawmakers to address the rally and get us more attention in the national press- more better.

All Power to IV.

HR3012 Wiki | Facebook | Google+ | Twitter

Attended SJ Rally, flower campaign, DC Rally, Contributor since2007, Attended SJ 2012- HR3012 Rally.

New EB2 started April 2011
Greened Oct 2012

Old 08-10-2012, 10:14 AM
Donor
Priority Date
:
Nov-06
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
01/27/2007
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/27/2007
Compare
mantagon has a reputation beyond repute mantagon has a reputation beyond repute mantagon has a reputation beyond repute mantagon has a reputation beyond repute mantagon has a reputation beyond repute mantagon has a reputation beyond repute mantagon has a reputation beyond repute mantagon has a reputation beyond repute mantagon has a reputation beyond repute mantagon has a reputation beyond repute mantagon has a reputation beyond repute
Default Common guys...

...you owe it yourselves! Now that the rally is postponed by 2 weeks, each one of you should make it.
There are 100 guests on this thread as we speak, so a humble request to each of you - please don't be a mere spectator - ACT! This is definitely not an issue where you can afford to be a cheapskate in terms of money, time and efforts. If you have even an iota of gratitude towards what IV has managed to do so far in the face or adversity, then please have the courage to be there.

Thank you!

Quote:
Originally Posted by pappu View Post
Only in San Jose. People are flying in from all corners. Every IV member has to come there if they need the bill to pass. It is mandatory.

1 out of 1 members found this post helpful.
Old 08-10-2012, 10:29 AM
Donor
Priority Date
:
Jan-07
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
05/02/2007
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/17/2007
Compare
needhelp! has a reputation beyond repute needhelp! has a reputation beyond repute needhelp! has a reputation beyond repute needhelp! has a reputation beyond repute needhelp! has a reputation beyond repute needhelp! has a reputation beyond repute needhelp! has a reputation beyond repute needhelp! has a reputation beyond repute needhelp! has a reputation beyond repute needhelp! has a reputation beyond repute needhelp! has a reputation beyond repute

Changed our flights.. got better route with only one stop. Southwest saves the day!
AND.. best part about the change, +1 for the rally, convinced the DH to to come and make it a family trip....

Got GC in Sept 2011

Spread the RALLY message on:
Facebook | Google+ | Twitter | Contribute | HR3012 Wiki
Info on Rally | Accommodation | Air Miles | Carpool | Merchandize | Posters | Volunteers

Old 08-10-2012, 11:46 AM
Priority Date
:
Category
:
N/A
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
UDParin has a reputation beyond repute UDParin has a reputation beyond repute UDParin has a reputation beyond repute UDParin has a reputation beyond repute UDParin has a reputation beyond repute UDParin has a reputation beyond repute UDParin has a reputation beyond repute UDParin has a reputation beyond repute UDParin has a reputation beyond repute UDParin has a reputation beyond repute UDParin has a reputation beyond repute

Probably I am little late to join immigrationvoice but its better to be late then never . Same thing goes with March. I want to say all immigration who are waiting for GC patiently , its already too late for lot of people who are waiting from decade to get the GC but now its time for better. Now is the time or it will be never. You can't blame others if yourself not committing to come to this march. Ask yourself how many times we get chance in life to support / help thousands of people with just one sacrifice. Take 1 day out of your life and make this March biggest ever. We will not only correct the unfair system but will get lot of blessing from people who are waiting for their GC from decades.

Pappu, I am not sure if any one has suggested all these thoughts but i do have few suggestions. See if it helps to make this march successful.

1) Get the list of all senators who supported or might support HR3012 and send one personal letters requesting them to attend the March. After all we don't have anything to loose. Explain them how this reform will help US to clear the immigration backlong and will contribute on US economy - housing rate etc.

2) Send letter to all companies who sign of supporting HR3012 and ask them to contribute if they can. Request them to give the support to our March. Its win -win situation for everyone.
3) Send letter to all universities who sign in support of HR3012 and put the flyer on their student board to come and support us. We might get huge response from Chinese and Indian.
4) We have lot many doctors from China and India waiting for GC lets find connection to doctors and ask them to share with other doctors and bring their friends. Even with small help we will go towards big success.
5) Put some money to advertise about the March on Radio channel like 850Koa etc. Wording has to be choose properly which make every one realize that how its unfair.

Lets make this rally huge huge success so ppl from down the line can produly tell we are in these position because few ppl stand up and they stood united.

Old 08-10-2012, 11:55 AM
Priority Date
:
Category
:
N/A
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
UDParin has a reputation beyond repute UDParin has a reputation beyond repute UDParin has a reputation beyond repute UDParin has a reputation beyond repute UDParin has a reputation beyond repute UDParin has a reputation beyond repute UDParin has a reputation beyond repute UDParin has a reputation beyond repute UDParin has a reputation beyond repute UDParin has a reputation beyond repute UDParin has a reputation beyond repute

5) Send letters to all Immigration lawyer requesting them to stand with us and support us on this event. If you believe what we are doing right then support us and inform all their clients if they want to support us.

Old 08-10-2012, 12:10 PM
Administrator
Priority Date
:
Mar-06
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
05/06/2006
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
06/29/2007
Compare
pappu has a reputation beyond repute pappu has a reputation beyond repute pappu has a reputation beyond repute pappu has a reputation beyond repute pappu has a reputation beyond repute pappu has a reputation beyond repute pappu has a reputation beyond repute pappu has a reputation beyond repute pappu has a reputation beyond repute pappu has a reputation beyond repute pappu has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by UDParin View Post
Lets make this rally huge huge success so ppl from down the line can produly tell we are in these position because few ppl stand up and they stood united.
Thank you. We have to together make this event successful. We have a lot of positive response yesterday from some offices and we are now more excited about the possible outcome of this rally. We need many volunteers for the rally. Please contact us asap so that you can help with some of the ideas. Please also RSVP for the rally.

Facebook | YouTube | Twitter | Mailing List

===================
I do not give legal advice. You can pay and get it from Lawyers. Just show me some love and click the links above to help ImmigrationVoice any way you choose.
-----------

Old 08-10-2012, 12:25 PM
Priority Date
:
Category
:
N/A
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare

Quote:
Originally Posted by pappu View Post
Thank you. We have to together make this event successful. We have a lot of positive response yesterday from some offices and we are now more excited about the possible outcome of this rally. We need many volunteers for the rally. Please contact us asap so that you can help with some of the ideas. Please also RSVP for the rally.
Sorry for being novice but please let me know how to contact . I guess I saw some where contact number and email id.
I have already started talking to my colleagues and friends about this and requesting them to support us.

1 out of 1 members found this post helpful.
Old 08-10-2012, 12:34 PM
Priority Date
:
Category
:
N/A
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare

Quote:
Originally Posted by UDParin View Post
Sorry for being novice but please let me know how to contact . I guess I saw some where contact number and email id.
I have already started talking to my colleagues and friends about this and requesting them to support us.
No Worries.. Got the information