Immigration Voice - Forums
Register Get Involved Contact Lawmakers Advocacy Discussion Image Image Image Image

Go Back   Immigration Voice > Immigration Voice Issues and Congressional updates > IV Agenda and Legislative Updates
Click to log in with Facebook
IV Agenda and Legislative Updates Immigration Voice's Agenda and Legislative Updates

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-13-2012, 09:19 AM
Administrator
Priority Date
:
Mar-06
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
05/06/2006
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
06/29/2007
Compare
pappu has a reputation beyond repute pappu has a reputation beyond repute pappu has a reputation beyond repute pappu has a reputation beyond repute pappu has a reputation beyond repute pappu has a reputation beyond repute pappu has a reputation beyond repute pappu has a reputation beyond repute pappu has a reputation beyond repute pappu has a reputation beyond repute pappu has a reputation beyond repute
Default Events in Seattle and Sunnyvale this weekend

To support the Sept 8th rally in San Jose, CA, Immigration Voice would like to invite you for a town hall meeting with their founders and leaders to create awareness and answer questions on the work that is being done to represent Employment based immigration community and why we have reached a critical juncture where every bit counts.

You will learn what the issues are, how they relate to all of us and the different ways each one of us can support to help bring relief.
=================
California:
Time: 11 AM PST on coming Saturday- 18th August
250 E Java Dr Sunnyvale, CA 94089
Phone: 408-400-0007
Strike Out Bar
==================
Seattle:
Time: Sunday, August 19, 2012 1:00pm PDT
==================

Facebook | YouTube | Twitter | Mailing List

===================
I do not give legal advice. You can pay and get it from Lawyers. Just show me some love and click the links above to help ImmigrationVoice any way you choose.
-----------
Bookmark and Share Compare Reply With Quote

1 out of 1 members found this post helpful.
Old 08-13-2012, 11:17 AM
Priority Date
:
Sep-08
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
smp_king has a reputation beyond repute smp_king has a reputation beyond repute smp_king has a reputation beyond repute smp_king has a reputation beyond repute smp_king has a reputation beyond repute smp_king has a reputation beyond repute smp_king has a reputation beyond repute smp_king has a reputation beyond repute smp_king has a reputation beyond repute smp_king has a reputation beyond repute smp_king has a reputation beyond repute
Default Add to facebook

Please post the event in facebook page so we can share it to others.

Old 08-13-2012, 04:43 PM
Donor
Priority Date
:
Mar-03
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
03/05/2007
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
06/08/2007
Compare
seahawks has a reputation beyond repute seahawks has a reputation beyond repute seahawks has a reputation beyond repute seahawks has a reputation beyond repute seahawks has a reputation beyond repute seahawks has a reputation beyond repute seahawks has a reputation beyond repute seahawks has a reputation beyond repute seahawks has a reputation beyond repute seahawks has a reputation beyond repute seahawks has a reputation beyond repute

Here is the link to the Seattle event, please share and ask members to accept the invite also.

Thanks

https://www.facebook.com/events/270953819671135/

Old 08-13-2012, 05:06 PM
Priority Date
:
May-04
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
dts has a reputation beyond repute dts has a reputation beyond repute dts has a reputation beyond repute dts has a reputation beyond repute dts has a reputation beyond repute dts has a reputation beyond repute dts has a reputation beyond repute dts has a reputation beyond repute dts has a reputation beyond repute dts has a reputation beyond repute dts has a reputation beyond repute
Default Can this event/Meetup be arranged in NJ/NY and other states?

Quote:
Originally Posted by pappu View Post
To support the Sept 8th rally in San Jose, CA, Immigration Voice would like to invite you for a town hall meeting with their founders and leaders to create awareness and answer questions on the work that is being done to represent Employment based immigration community and why we have reached a critical juncture where every bit counts.

You will learn what the issues are, how they relate to all of us and the different ways each one of us can support to help bring relief.
=================
California:
Time: 11 AM PST on coming Saturday- 18th August
250 E Java Dr Sunnyvale, CA 94089
Phone: 408-400-0007
Strike Out Bar
==================
Seattle:
Time: Sunday, August 19, 2012 1:00pm PDT
==================

This is very good event to bring people together and motivate them to participate.
can similar ( or on smalled scale) meetings be arranged in NJ / NY where large number of stackholders exist which can be motivated to participate?

" Support HR-3012 and Support Fairness! DONATE

HR3012 Wiki | Facebook | Google+ | Twitter
"

Old 08-13-2012, 06:13 PM
Administrator
Priority Date
:
Mar-06
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
05/06/2006
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
06/29/2007
Compare
pappu has a reputation beyond repute pappu has a reputation beyond repute pappu has a reputation beyond repute pappu has a reputation beyond repute pappu has a reputation beyond repute pappu has a reputation beyond repute pappu has a reputation beyond repute pappu has a reputation beyond repute pappu has a reputation beyond repute pappu has a reputation beyond repute pappu has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by dts View Post
This is very good event to bring people together and motivate them to participate.
can similar ( or on smalled scale) meetings be arranged in NJ / NY where large number of stackholders exist which can be motivated to participate?
Definitely. Let's do it.
People interested in leading this initiative please contact me or write to info@immigrationvoice.org . Some core team members will come for this event as well.

Facebook | YouTube | Twitter | Mailing List

===================
I do not give legal advice. You can pay and get it from Lawyers. Just show me some love and click the links above to help ImmigrationVoice any way you choose.
-----------

Old 08-14-2012, 06:45 PM
Donor
Priority Date
:
Mar-03
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
03/05/2007
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
06/08/2007
Compare
seahawks has a reputation beyond repute seahawks has a reputation beyond repute seahawks has a reputation beyond repute seahawks has a reputation beyond repute seahawks has a reputation beyond repute seahawks has a reputation beyond repute seahawks has a reputation beyond repute seahawks has a reputation beyond repute seahawks has a reputation beyond repute seahawks has a reputation beyond repute seahawks has a reputation beyond repute

WA and Seattle area residents, please come for the event. We have IV leaders from different parts of the country coming to speak to all of us. Get to know them, understand why they are doing this, what is at stake and how you can help in different ways. We want everyone to be at the rally in San Jose on Sept 8th, lets start working together to get as many people as we can to attend. Don't be on the side lines, hoping magic happens. There is no magic, hard work, and perseverance will prevail, that's we learn as kids, lets now do our part and be part of this amazing movement. Talking to strangers is hard at first, if you feel you are trying to sell them something. This is our problem, this is their problem, this is everyone's problem to solve. So believe and work hard, we are so close but we need everyone to be there.

RSVP for the Seattle event at

Old 08-15-2012, 03:42 PM
Donor
Priority Date
:
Jan-07
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
05/02/2007
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/17/2007
Compare
needhelp! has a reputation beyond repute needhelp! has a reputation beyond repute needhelp! has a reputation beyond repute needhelp! has a reputation beyond repute needhelp! has a reputation beyond repute needhelp! has a reputation beyond repute needhelp! has a reputation beyond repute needhelp! has a reputation beyond repute needhelp! has a reputation beyond repute needhelp! has a reputation beyond repute needhelp! has a reputation beyond repute

Is there a facebook event page for the Sunnyvale event?

Got GC in Sept 2011

Spread the RALLY message on:
Facebook | Google+ | Twitter | Contribute | HR3012 Wiki
Info on Rally | Accommodation | Air Miles | Carpool | Merchandize | Posters | Volunteers

Old 08-15-2012, 04:02 PM
Donor
Priority Date
:
Nov-06
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
01/27/2007
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/27/2007
Compare
mantagon has a reputation beyond repute mantagon has a reputation beyond repute mantagon has a reputation beyond repute mantagon has a reputation beyond repute mantagon has a reputation beyond repute mantagon has a reputation beyond repute mantagon has a reputation beyond repute mantagon has a reputation beyond repute mantagon has a reputation beyond repute mantagon has a reputation beyond repute mantagon has a reputation beyond repute
Default This ain't Amway!!

It's not a sales pitch...so don't act like someone's gonna get ya...

As Seahawks said, it is YOUR problem...own it and ACT!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by seahawks View Post
WA and Seattle area residents, please come for the event. We have IV leaders from different parts of the country coming to speak to all of us. Get to know them, understand why they are doing this, what is at stake and how you can help in different ways. We want everyone to be at the rally in San Jose on Sept 8th, lets start working together to get as many people as we can to attend. Don't be on the side lines, hoping magic happens. There is no magic, hard work, and perseverance will prevail, that's we learn as kids, lets now do our part and be part of this amazing movement. Talking to strangers is hard at first, if you feel you are trying to sell them something. This is our problem, this is their problem, this is everyone's problem to solve. So believe and work hard, we are so close but we need everyone to be there.

RSVP for the Seattle event at

Old 08-15-2012, 07:26 PM
Priority Date
:
Category
:
N/A
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
apshodh has a reputation beyond repute apshodh has a reputation beyond repute apshodh has a reputation beyond repute apshodh has a reputation beyond repute apshodh has a reputation beyond repute apshodh has a reputation beyond repute apshodh has a reputation beyond repute apshodh has a reputation beyond repute apshodh has a reputation beyond repute apshodh has a reputation beyond repute apshodh has a reputation beyond repute
Lightbulb good chance to Market San Jose rally in Fremont city tomorrow

On 16th, 18th and 19th August, Fremont city (part of Bay Area, very near to San Jose, CA) is going to celebrate Indian Independence day. Every year, Fremont which has very very huge Indian population celebrates Indian Independence day with great fervor, pomp and pageantry. I belive a couple thousand Indians get together and celebrate.

Here is the link to the event --> 2012 Festival of India and Parade | Fremont | FunCheapSF

This is a very good opportunity to Market and canvass about this rally. I will not be able to go because of other compulsions. If any body is going, please carry few hundred printouts of San Jose rally flyers and distribute. Please spread the message.

This is a unique opportunity to spread the word among Indian brothers and sisters.

1 out of 1 members found this post helpful.
Old 08-15-2012, 07:50 PM
Priority Date
:
Oct-05
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
GCVivek has a reputation beyond repute GCVivek has a reputation beyond repute GCVivek has a reputation beyond repute GCVivek has a reputation beyond repute GCVivek has a reputation beyond repute GCVivek has a reputation beyond repute GCVivek has a reputation beyond repute GCVivek has a reputation beyond repute GCVivek has a reputation beyond repute GCVivek has a reputation beyond repute GCVivek has a reputation beyond repute
Default Frustrating loss

Today, illegal aliens have been given amnesty by Obama and his democrats by circumventing the US Constitution and Congress. This is a huge blow for us who have been patiently waiting in line for over 10 years. Holding these rallies and making calls to senators, etc. are of no use. What we really need is to make sure we show Americans who are watching our rallies that we are serious. Let's make huge boards and banners that tell US voters to vote OUT all democrats from every district in the US, from the President's election to local elections. Obama is the worst US president who had been pandering for Latino votes and is ready to sell the USA to hold on to power. Let us show him and his Democrats who really have the power to turn the election. Vote only republicans....democrats are cheats and have done nothing for legal immigrants. Compare the $495 that these illegals have to pay to get EAD and SS # - compare that to the thousands legal Indians spend to renew visas year after year and pay attorneys and all that and still many spouses have to wait 10 years to get an EAD. Doesn't this burn you?

0 out of 3 members found this post helpful.
Old 08-16-2012, 07:06 AM
Priority Date
:
Mar-04
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
rdoib has a reputation beyond repute rdoib has a reputation beyond repute rdoib has a reputation beyond repute rdoib has a reputation beyond repute rdoib has a reputation beyond repute rdoib has a reputation beyond repute rdoib has a reputation beyond repute rdoib has a reputation beyond repute rdoib has a reputation beyond repute rdoib has a reputation beyond repute rdoib has a reputation beyond repute
Default Turn this into positive energy

Quote:
Originally Posted by GCVivek View Post
Today, illegal aliens have been given amnesty by Obama and his democrats by circumventing the US Constitution and Congress. This is a huge blow for us who have been patiently waiting in line for over 10 years. Holding these rallies and making calls to senators, etc. are of no use. What we really need is to make sure we show Americans who are watching our rallies that we are serious. Let's make huge boards and banners that tell US voters to vote OUT all democrats from every district in the US, from the President's election to local elections. Obama is the worst US president who had been pandering for Latino votes and is ready to sell the USA to hold on to power. Let us show him and his Democrats who really have the power to turn the election. Vote only republicans....democrats are cheats and have done nothing for legal immigrants. Compare the $495 that these illegals have to pay to get EAD and SS # - compare that to the thousands legal Indians spend to renew visas year after year and pay attorneys and all that and still many spouses have to wait 10 years to get an EAD. Doesn't this burn you?

Just getting frustrated will get you deeper into the hole, instead transition your frustration into positive energy and help with the rally, contribute and follow any future action items that come along.

Old 08-16-2012, 08:56 AM
Donor
Priority Date
:
Nov-06
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
01/27/2007
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/27/2007
Compare
mantagon has a reputation beyond repute mantagon has a reputation beyond repute mantagon has a reputation beyond repute mantagon has a reputation beyond repute mantagon has a reputation beyond repute mantagon has a reputation beyond repute mantagon has a reputation beyond repute mantagon has a reputation beyond repute mantagon has a reputation beyond repute mantagon has a reputation beyond repute mantagon has a reputation beyond repute
Default Do you know why?

...partly 'coz they had the guts to stand up and express their frustrations out in the open, although being undocumented. Whether what Obama did is right or wrong, but the fact remains that the noise created by these people were heard.

So, it teaches us something...no use whining about the situation we are in, rather do something about it! And what better way than joining the rally. So, are you gonna be there at the rally? By looking at what you are feeling, I'd think you would, won't you?

Quote:

Old 08-16-2012, 04:46 PM
Donor
Priority Date
:
Mar-03
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
03/05/2007
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
06/08/2007
Compare

Quote:
I respectfully disagree, but I can understand your frustration. We can use some of your energy in volunteering and making this rally successful. Come join us, and lets speak in one voice.

"“If you are willing to do more than you are paid to do, eventually you will be paid to do more than you do”

Old 08-16-2012, 05:01 PM
Donor
Priority Date
:
Mar-03
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
03/05/2007
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
06/08/2007
Compare

Quote:
Originally Posted by needhelp! View Post
Is there a facebook event page for the Sunnyvale event?
https://www.facebook.com/events/267002093409739/

I just created one and need help you are one of the hosts.. so please feel free to add other hosts from your list of friends, so they can manage it.

Old 08-16-2012, 07:36 PM
Donor
Priority Date
:
Mar-05
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
03/18/2007
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
08/13/2007
Compare
bpratap has a reputation beyond repute bpratap has a reputation beyond repute bpratap has a reputation beyond repute bpratap has a reputation beyond repute bpratap has a reputation beyond repute bpratap has a reputation beyond repute bpratap has a reputation beyond repute bpratap has a reputation beyond repute bpratap has a reputation beyond repute bpratap has a reputation beyond repute bpratap has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by seahawks View Post
https://www.facebook.com/events/267002093409739/

I just created one and need help you are one of the hosts.. so please feel free to add other hosts from your list of friends, so they can manage it.
thanks for the facebook event !

Guys,

Please invite as many people as possible for the Saturday Meeting in Amman & Core team. Meeting Core Team is gonna energize the efforts to get people for the Rally.

We as a team (few guys in my co.) sent out meeting Invite to Lots Desi list and Green Card list. so far good response for Saturday Meeting. I m sure each one who attend the TownHall meeting this Saturday will get energized and get more people.