Immigration Voice - Forums
Register Get Involved Contact Lawmakers Advocacy Discussion Image Image Image Image

Go Back   Immigration Voice > Immigration Voice Issues and Congressional updates > IV Agenda and Legislative Updates
Click to log in with Facebook
IV Agenda and Legislative Updates Immigration Voice's Agenda and Legislative Updates

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-05-2012, 12:57 PM
Administrator
Priority Date
:
Mar-05
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
10/10/2006
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/05/2007
Compare
Administrator3 has a brilliant future Administrator3 has a brilliant future Administrator3 has a brilliant future Administrator3 has a brilliant future Administrator3 has a brilliant future Administrator3 has a brilliant future Administrator3 has a brilliant future Administrator3 has a brilliant future Administrator3 has a brilliant future Administrator3 has a brilliant future Administrator3 has a brilliant future
Default Sept 8th Summit, Event Details and Schedule.

We would encourage all members to join us for this event and show our support and solidarity for H.R. 3012 and the overall issue of removing per-country ceilings. This is a family friendly event and maximum participation is encouraged, so please come with your family members.

Here are some of the details of this event:
10 AM – 12 PM. Circle of palms Plaza in Downtown San Jose.
Address: 150 South Market Street, San Jose, CA.
Event details: Introductions, Registration, Live music band, H.R. 3012 bill update, Q&A with Immigration Voice Core Team, collect your free Immigration Voice T-shirt.

12 PM to 1 PM: Small afternoon snack will be arranged. After this event, we walk to next event at San Jose Center for Performing Arts. It’s a short 10-12 minute walk. (0.3 miles).

1 PM to 4 PM. San Jose Center for Performing Arts
Address: 255 Almaden Boulevard, San Jose, CA
Event details: National Anthem by Jessica Johnson, Welcome Address, Speech from Congresswoman Zoe Lofgren, Q&A with Congresswoman Zoe Lofgren, Video address by Congressman Jason Chaffetz, Immigration Voice documentary on H.R. 3012, Panel discussion with Immigration and legislation experts, small comedy event, address to the crowd from Immigration Voice core team members, “God Bless America” by Jessica Johnson. The event will also be attended by high ranking official of DHS who overlooks immigration policy and also key industry entrepreneurs and leaders of high-tech community.

Last edited by Administrator2; 09-05-2012 at 02:35 PM.
Bookmark and Share Compare Reply With Quote

4 out of 4 members found this post helpful.
Old 09-05-2012, 01:16 PM
Donor
Priority Date
:
Jan-07
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
05/02/2007
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/17/2007
Compare
needhelp! has a reputation beyond repute needhelp! has a reputation beyond repute needhelp! has a reputation beyond repute needhelp! has a reputation beyond repute needhelp! has a reputation beyond repute needhelp! has a reputation beyond repute needhelp! has a reputation beyond repute needhelp! has a reputation beyond repute needhelp! has a reputation beyond repute needhelp! has a reputation beyond repute needhelp! has a reputation beyond repute

ImmigrationVoice.org - Advocacy -- Thousands of legal, high-skilled immigrants to march peacefully in Silicon Valley in support of H.R.3012

Got GC in Sept 2011

Spread the RALLY message on:
Facebook | Google+ | Twitter | Contribute | HR3012 Wiki
Info on Rally | Accommodation | Air Miles | Carpool | Merchandize | Posters | Volunteers

Old 09-06-2012, 09:48 AM
Administrator
Priority Date
:
Mar-06
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
05/06/2006
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
06/29/2007
Compare
pappu has a reputation beyond repute pappu has a reputation beyond repute pappu has a reputation beyond repute pappu has a reputation beyond repute pappu has a reputation beyond repute pappu has a reputation beyond repute pappu has a reputation beyond repute pappu has a reputation beyond repute pappu has a reputation beyond repute pappu has a reputation beyond repute pappu has a reputation beyond repute

Dear Friends,

For too many years, we have seen visa bulletins month after month and year after year that do not move at all for 3 or 4 countries, mainly India, China, Mexico and Philippines. For too many years, we have seen that our colleagues with same education and skills, who were not born in India or China, are ready to take oath of citizenship, while we are still refreshing visa bulletins on first Friday of each month. Since 2005, the wait times for India and China, especially in EB3 category have been around 8-15 years, just because we were born in India and China. And others have leap-frogged ahead years ago just because they were born elsewhere. Since when did country of birth become a job skill?

If you feel that system needs change, then you need to show up for change.

Change will not come by hoping that others will show up. Change will not come by playing cricket and sitting around in social parties on Saturday discussing visa bulletins. Change will not come by praying for better visa bulletins. Members of Congress are not going to go door to door and ask if you have an issue that they can solve. They will wait for you to show up again and again. They will need to know that you are serious. And they will act on things only if they know for sure that you are serious about your own issue.

We are having Fairness and Freedom this Saturday, 8th September in downtown San Jose. We need to send a strong message to members of Congress in Washington DC that we have a very unfair system and we are asking them to do right by us by passing H.R. 3012. We are counting on every one of you to show up, especially the local residents who live in the Bay area. This is a family friendly event and maximum participation is encouraged, so please come with your family members. Click here to RSVP.

Event Schedule:

· 10 AM – 12 PM. Circle of palms Plaza in Downtown San Jose.

Address: 150 South Market Street, San Jose, CA.

Event details: H.R. 3012 bill update, Introductions, Registration, Live music band, Q&A with Immigration Voice core team members, collect your free Immigration Voice T-shirt.

· 12 PM to 1 PM: Small afternoon snack will be arranged. After this event, we walk to next event at San Jose Center for Performing Arts. It’s a short 10-12 minute walk. (0.3 miles).

· 1 PM to 4 PM. San Jose Center for performing arts.

Address: 255 Almaden Boulevard, San Jose, CA

Event details: National Anthem by Jessica Johnson, Welcome Address, Speech from Congresswoman Zoe Lofgren, Q&A with Congresswoman Zoe Lofgren, Video address by Congressman Jason Chaffetz, Immigration Voice documentary on H.R. 3012, Panel discussion with Immigration and legislation experts, small comedy event, address to the crowd from Immigration Voice core team members, “God Bless America” by Jessica Johnson. The event will also be attended by high ranking official of DHS who overlooks immigration policy and also key industry entrepreneurs and leaders of high-tech community.

Please RSVP for this event as soon as possible if you are attending. Click here to RSVP.

Please plan to attend on time and bring your family with you. If you can bring your friends or colleagues who are also stuck in green-card waiting limbo, we would really appreciate it.

Stand up for yourself and your family. No one else will stand up for you. You have to do this for yourself.

Team IV

Facebook | YouTube | Twitter | Mailing List

===================
I do not give legal advice. You can pay and get it from Lawyers. Just show me some love and click the links above to help ImmigrationVoice any way you choose.
-----------