Immigration Voice - Forums
Register Get Involved Contact Lawmakers Advocacy Discussion Image Image Image Image

Go Back   Immigration Voice > Immigration Voice Issues and Congressional updates > IV Agenda and Legislative Updates
Click to log in with Facebook
IV Agenda and Legislative Updates Immigration Voice's Agenda and Legislative Updates

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-12-2012, 05:14 PM
Priority Date
:
Category
:
N/A
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
N/A
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
spiderman is infamous around these parts spiderman is infamous around these parts spiderman is infamous around these parts spiderman is infamous around these parts spiderman is infamous around these parts
Default Lead!

Pappu,

I was at the rally. I flew from Seattle. I have a gc. And I'd be a citizen next year.

Now, how can I help?

I realize that there is an incredible amount of apathy in our community about this issue for various reasons and hence the 2000 turn-out. But that should not dishearten those of us who fought.

I dare not compare myself to the likes of Gandhi and Mandela. But, I am sure they were part of events that did not bring out as many people as they liked. And I am sure that did not stop them.

I feel your frustration. But, we shouldn't stop now. Do what you have been doing; Lead!

Your efforts and IV's efforts are now at the edge affecting a generation of change. You know it.
Bookmark and Share Compare Reply With Quote

Old 09-12-2012, 05:25 PM
Administrator
Priority Date
:
Mar-06
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
05/06/2006
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
06/29/2007
Compare
pappu has a reputation beyond repute pappu has a reputation beyond repute pappu has a reputation beyond repute pappu has a reputation beyond repute pappu has a reputation beyond repute pappu has a reputation beyond repute pappu has a reputation beyond repute pappu has a reputation beyond repute pappu has a reputation beyond repute pappu has a reputation beyond repute pappu has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by spiderman View Post
Pappu,

I was at the rally. I flew from Seattle. I have a gc. And I'd be a citizen next year.

Now, how can I help?:
Thank you very much for coming and showing support. All members who got greencards and wish to continue supporting this cause should contact IV. We have a much larger role for you where you can get more politically involved. Please contact with your name, email and phone number to reach you and discuss the opportunities to take this effort to the next level. We already have several IV members who have greencards working on this behind the scenes. More people joining this group will be a good boost.

Facebook | YouTube | Twitter | Mailing List

===================
I do not give legal advice. You can pay and get it from Lawyers. Just show me some love and click the links above to help ImmigrationVoice any way you choose.
-----------

Last edited by pappu; 09-12-2012 at 05:27 PM.

Old 09-12-2012, 05:41 PM
Administrator
Priority Date
:
Mar-06
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
05/06/2006
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
06/29/2007
Compare
pappu has a reputation beyond repute pappu has a reputation beyond repute pappu has a reputation beyond repute pappu has a reputation beyond repute pappu has a reputation beyond repute pappu has a reputation beyond repute pappu has a reputation beyond repute pappu has a reputation beyond repute pappu has a reputation beyond repute pappu has a reputation beyond repute pappu has a reputation beyond repute

High skilled immigrants are known to be not very active politically. The percentage of such citizens going to vote is very less. This needs to change if we have to voice our opinion for the benefit of our community. It is an area to bring awareness. Even while waiting for greencards we should be talking about local politics in our state and national politics. How many of us do it? How many of us discuss politics with our US citizen friends? How many of us have gone to hear the candidates in our towns? All we do is discuss our PD. Students only want to discuss H1B. H4 only want to discuss ability to work. Labor guys only want to discuss labor delays and audit. Those who filed 485 only discuss EB1 fraud , predictions and if porting is good for America. Indians only think about India date, other countries only care about their date movement. Each person waiting in line nly thinks about the people in front of him and feels jealous and think they all are fraud we all need to go beyond the narrow lens and think like one big community. We make it a point when talking to everyone to not have a narrow point of view that revolves only around our own application or benefit. Likewise those who got greencards should not just think their part towards this community is over. Learn from other interest groups in this country how they work like a unified community. We can achieve many things if we all think about the person waiting behind us and not just who is in front of us.

===================
I do not give legal advice. You can pay and get it from Lawyers. Just show me some love and click the links above to help ImmigrationVoice any way you choose.
-----------

Last edited by pappu; 09-12-2012 at 05:44 PM.

Old 09-12-2012, 06:00 PM
Priority Date
:
Jun-06
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
DallasBlue has a brilliant future DallasBlue has a brilliant future DallasBlue has a brilliant future DallasBlue has a brilliant future DallasBlue has a brilliant future DallasBlue has a brilliant future DallasBlue has a brilliant future DallasBlue has a brilliant future DallasBlue has a brilliant future DallasBlue has a brilliant future DallasBlue has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by pappu View Post
High skilled immigrants are known to be not very active politically. The percentage of such citizens going to vote is very less. This needs to change if we have to voice our opinion for the benefit of our community. It is an area to bring awareness. Even while waiting for greencards we should be talking about local politics in our state and national politics. How many of us do it? How many of us discuss politics with our US citizen friends? How many of us have gone to hear the candidates in our towns? All we do is discuss our PD. Students only want to discuss H1B. H4 only want to discuss ability to work. Labor guys only want to discuss labor delays and audit. Those who filed 485 only discuss EB1 fraud , predictions and if porting is good for America. Indians only think about India date, other countries only care about their date movement. Each person waiting in line nly thinks about the people in front of him and feels jealous and think they all are fraud we all need to go beyond the narrow lens and think like one big community. We make it a point when talking to everyone to not have a narrow point of view that revolves only around our own application or benefit. Likewise those who got greencards should not just think their part towards this community is over. Learn from other interest groups in this country how they work like a unified community. We can achieve many things if we all think about the person waiting behind us and not just who is in front of us.
all those who are citizens now and support IV , should registervote.org

Old 09-12-2012, 06:10 PM
Priority Date
:
Category
:
N/A
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
N/A
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
spiderman is infamous around these parts spiderman is infamous around these parts spiderman is infamous around these parts spiderman is infamous around these parts spiderman is infamous around these parts

How can I get involved? Where can I sign up? Can you please give me a specific link?

Quote:
Originally Posted by pappu View Post
Thank you very much for coming and showing support. All members who got greencards and wish to continue supporting this cause should contact IV. We have a much larger role for you where you can get more politically involved. Please contact with your name, email and phone number to reach you and discuss the opportunities to take this effort to the next level. We already have several IV members who have greencards working on this behind the scenes. More people joining this group will be a good boost.

Old 09-12-2012, 06:29 PM
Priority Date
:
Apr-08
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
deepakd has a reputation beyond repute deepakd has a reputation beyond repute deepakd has a reputation beyond repute deepakd has a reputation beyond repute deepakd has a reputation beyond repute deepakd has a reputation beyond repute deepakd has a reputation beyond repute deepakd has a reputation beyond repute deepakd has a reputation beyond repute deepakd has a reputation beyond repute deepakd has a reputation beyond repute

I am happy that for EB2-I the dates have gone back to 2004.
I did do a lot of AIs and am a regular recurring contributor.

Most of my friends did not contribute to IV in any way because their PD is 2008/2009/2010 and they all thought they don't need HR3012 because of rapid date movements for EB2-I.
Now their euphoria has vaporized and now facing the reality.

I'd again ask them to contribute to IV.

Thanks a lot to all who made San Jose rally successful and Hats Off to IV leadership.

DD

Donated: $100 so far.
Done AI for HR3012 as well/Do.
Donated 11K airlines miles

Old 09-12-2012, 06:38 PM
Priority Date
:
Dec-07
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
N/A
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
gk_2000 has a reputation beyond repute gk_2000 has a reputation beyond repute gk_2000 has a reputation beyond repute gk_2000 has a reputation beyond repute gk_2000 has a reputation beyond repute gk_2000 has a reputation beyond repute gk_2000 has a reputation beyond repute gk_2000 has a reputation beyond repute gk_2000 has a reputation beyond repute gk_2000 has a reputation beyond repute gk_2000 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by deepakd View Post
I am happy that for EB2-I the dates have gone back to 2004.
I did do a lot of AIs and am a regular recurring contributor.

Most of my friends did not contribute to IV in any way because their PD is 2008/2009/2010 and they all thought they don't need HR3012 because of rapid date movements for EB2-I.
Now their euphoria has vaporized and now facing the reality.

I'd again ask them to contribute to IV.

Thanks a lot to all who made San Jose rally successful and Hats Off to IV leadership.

DD
The Oct bulletin should have popped up just a little earlier ... we would have had much better numbers, from the cozy corners of 2007-12 EB2 PD's

Old 09-12-2012, 07:50 PM
Administrator
Priority Date
:
Mar-06
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
05/06/2006
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
06/29/2007
Compare

Quote:
Originally Posted by spiderman View Post
How can I get involved? Where can I sign up? Can you please give me a specific link?
send an email to info at immigrationvoice.org and we will get in touch

===================
-----------

Old 09-12-2012, 09:23 PM
Priority Date
:
Mar-04
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
08/19/2007
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
08/08/2007
Compare
sri1309 has a reputation beyond repute sri1309 has a reputation beyond repute sri1309 has a reputation beyond repute sri1309 has a reputation beyond repute sri1309 has a reputation beyond repute sri1309 has a reputation beyond repute sri1309 has a reputation beyond repute sri1309 has a reputation beyond repute sri1309 has a reputation beyond repute sri1309 has a reputation beyond repute sri1309 has a reputation beyond repute
Default High time to participate in whatever you can

3012 is the only hope for Eb2 and Eb3. If for some reason it doesnt pass,
EB2 will also crawl at the same pace as EB3 did till now. Even if porting isnt there, yet there will be very slow movement due to limited #s.
So its time for all, contributors and non-contributors to join the efforts whatever may be, funds, campaign, spreading awareness, etc,.
Its only the matter of when, and not if, that you may have to pack your bags due to the rules that change all the time,unfortunately. You can get stuck somewhere very easily, and loose the oppty.
IV has shown us all via live telecast the proof of their efforts on Sep 8th, and the system too did its part to bring us more closer to ground realities by proof of Oct bulletin.

Old 09-13-2012, 03:30 PM
Priority Date
:
Dec-04
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
06/30/2006
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
N/A
I485 Mailed Date
:
08/08/2007
Compare
Ennada has a reputation beyond repute Ennada has a reputation beyond repute Ennada has a reputation beyond repute Ennada has a reputation beyond repute Ennada has a reputation beyond repute Ennada has a reputation beyond repute Ennada has a reputation beyond repute Ennada has a reputation beyond repute Ennada has a reputation beyond repute Ennada has a reputation beyond repute Ennada has a reputation beyond repute

Wow! logging in after a long time.... thought EB2 was in good shape somewhere in 2010. This is really wow.

Old 09-13-2012, 03:47 PM
Priority Date
:
Apr-10
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
ascetic has a reputation beyond repute ascetic has a reputation beyond repute ascetic has a reputation beyond repute ascetic has a reputation beyond repute ascetic has a reputation beyond repute ascetic has a reputation beyond repute ascetic has a reputation beyond repute ascetic has a reputation beyond repute ascetic has a reputation beyond repute ascetic has a reputation beyond repute ascetic has a reputation beyond repute

Yep, Sep'04. Is'int that freakin odd... especially since your pd is Dec'04?

Old 09-13-2012, 05:40 PM
Priority Date
:
Category
:
N/A
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
nsubash1 is a splendid one to behold nsubash1 is a splendid one to behold nsubash1 is a splendid one to behold nsubash1 is a splendid one to behold nsubash1 is a splendid one to behold nsubash1 is a splendid one to behold nsubash1 is a splendid one to behold
Thumbs up Thanks for great efforts by Immigration Voice

Guys,
I was one of the guys who got his green card in Mar 2012. The least I could do was to contribute $200.00 to this great forum.

1 out of 1 members found this post helpful.
Old 09-14-2012, 04:54 PM
Priority Date
:
Nov-06
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
N/A
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
sasidhar79 is infamous around these parts sasidhar79 is infamous around these parts sasidhar79 is infamous around these parts sasidhar79 is infamous around these parts sasidhar79 is infamous around these parts

please close this thread as it has become a battleground between EB2 and EB3 applicants.

We need to unite and work not fight among ourselves, no wonder the British could use Divide and Rule policy on us.

All this hatred between members of our own community is very shameful.

Old 09-14-2012, 08:16 PM
Priority Date
:
Category
:
N/A
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
GCkiyaGanja has a reputation beyond repute GCkiyaGanja has a reputation beyond repute GCkiyaGanja has a reputation beyond repute GCkiyaGanja has a reputation beyond repute GCkiyaGanja has a reputation beyond repute GCkiyaGanja has a reputation beyond repute GCkiyaGanja has a reputation beyond repute GCkiyaGanja has a reputation beyond repute GCkiyaGanja has a reputation beyond repute GCkiyaGanja has a reputation beyond repute GCkiyaGanja has a reputation beyond repute

I agree 100% please close this thread. People don't understand for whatever reason the backlog is , a backlog is not a good situation for any one .. I have faced backlogs in labor cert and now in 485 ..no amount of fighting and bickering is gonna be helpful.. Please please stop this ..instead support IV and do the best we can.. With all due respect to everyone ..please do the best we can to support IV, we all stand to gain collectively.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sasidhar79 View Post
please close this thread as it has become a battleground between EB2 and EB3 applicants.

We need to unite and work not fight among ourselves, no wonder the British could use Divide and Rule policy on us.

All this hatred between members of our own community is very shameful.

Old 09-16-2012, 02:32 PM
Priority Date
:
Category
:
N/A
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
residency.now will become famous soon enough residency.now will become famous soon enough
Default Focus on the main goal

Folks who're fighting over EB2/EB3 are missing the bigger picture. There are quite a few folks out there who'd rather see us be divided and fight amongst ourselves while they benefit from this discriminating policy of per country caps.