Immigration Voice - Forums
Register Get Involved Contact Lawmakers Advocacy Discussion Image Image Image Image

Go Back   Immigration Voice > Immigration Voice Issues and Congressional updates > IV Agenda and Legislative Updates
Click to log in with Facebook
IV Agenda and Legislative Updates Immigration Voice's Agenda and Legislative Updates

Closed Thread

LinkBack (1) Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-20-2012, 11:24 AM
Priority Date
:
Dec-08
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
12/08/2009
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
01/03/2012
Compare
naidu has much to be proud of naidu has much to be proud of naidu has much to be proud of naidu has much to be proud of naidu has much to be proud of naidu has much to be proud of naidu has much to be proud of naidu has much to be proud of naidu has much to be proud of naidu has much to be proud of

Done calling NJ Senators.
Then please send an email to ivcoordinator@gmail.com with subject - "I485 filing without current PD - Impacted Member". Include your 1) IV username 2) Email address 3) Ph#, 4) State of Residence so that grassroot efforts can be coordinated. Please refer to the first post on the thread and use the flier,talk to your friends/colleagues to spread the message.We need all members to get involved.
Bookmark and Share Compare

Old 09-20-2012, 11:28 AM
Priority Date
:
Apr-04
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
01/02/2003
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/02/2007
Compare
rathole is on a distinguished road

Done calling AZ senators. No details were taken!

Old 09-20-2012, 11:29 AM
Priority Date
:
Oct-03
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
07/16/2007
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/16/2007
Compare
blewstream is infamous around these parts blewstream is infamous around these parts blewstream is infamous around these parts blewstream is infamous around these parts
Default Called WI Senators

Called WI Senators today.

Old 09-20-2012, 11:39 AM
Priority Date
:
May-09
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
03/23/2010
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
anshu is infamous around these parts
Talking By OH law firm

Quote:
Originally Posted by blewstream View Post
Called WI Senators today.
[b]
See the news from OH LAW FIRM:

09/20/2012: Employment-Based Immigrant Community Under Stress as Reflected in the Congressional Report Website

The Congressional report website indicates that H.R. 3012 is the most hit legislative bill and S. 3245 is the fifth most hit legislative bill for its website at this time. Out of the legislative bills which were introduced in 2012, these two immigrant bills are the only bills that rank within five in hits, reflecting the anxiety and stress the employment-based immigrant community is going through at this time facing the potential Congressional recess either at the end of today or tomorrow.
For S. 3245, record reflects that the House sent a message to the Senate on 09/14/2012 that the House passed this bill without amendment. However, the Senate was not in session at the time. The Secretary of Senate then reported the message to the Senate yesterday, 09/19/2012. Probably, this could have delayed forwarding the bill to the White House for his signature into a law. We will see this probably before the end of this week. People may as well relax.
For H.R. 3012, the business community and supporters of this bill apparently have worked hard to take it up on the Senate floor before the Senate goes into the recess. The Senate wants to wrap up most of its legislative work today so that the members of the Congress can go to their districts this weekend. This depends on passage of H.J. Res. 117 Continuing Resolution to fund the federal government for the next six month to prevent shut down of federal government at the end of this month. The House passed this bill and the Senate picked up this bill on the floor yesterday, but believe it or not, two Senators presented amendments before the Senate adjourned yesterday. The Senate will struggle with this bill today to keep their agenda to finish up their legislative works today. The Senate majority leader hopes that the Senate passes this bill and should they have time, the Senate wants to take up other Roll Call Vote bills as many as possible. It is uncertain whether H.R. 3012 can come within this plan, but even if yes, unless the Senate is able to pass the Continuing Resolutions without exhausting its entire time today, it is infeasible unless the unlikely scenario of unanimous consent that has been agreed up between the two party leaders. Please stay tuned.

Old 09-20-2012, 12:04 PM
Priority Date
:
Apr-03
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
04/17/2007
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
06/29/2007
Compare
vsrinir has a reputation beyond repute vsrinir has a reputation beyond repute vsrinir has a reputation beyond repute vsrinir has a reputation beyond repute vsrinir has a reputation beyond repute vsrinir has a reputation beyond repute vsrinir has a reputation beyond repute vsrinir has a reputation beyond repute vsrinir has a reputation beyond repute vsrinir has a reputation beyond repute vsrinir has a reputation beyond repute
Default Clled MD Senators

Called MD Senators. Both of them said, they are getting numerous calls regarding H.R.3012

and told me they will pass on the message to Senators.

Old 09-20-2012, 12:12 PM
Donor
Priority Date
:
Nov-06
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
01/27/2007
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/27/2007
Compare
mantagon has a reputation beyond repute mantagon has a reputation beyond repute mantagon has a reputation beyond repute mantagon has a reputation beyond repute mantagon has a reputation beyond repute mantagon has a reputation beyond repute mantagon has a reputation beyond repute mantagon has a reputation beyond repute mantagon has a reputation beyond repute mantagon has a reputation beyond repute mantagon has a reputation beyond repute
Default Called Senators...

...for the 4th consecutive day!

Common folks, keep on callin'...

Old 09-20-2012, 12:14 PM
Priority Date
:
Jan-09
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
fatboysam is infamous around these parts fatboysam is infamous around these parts fatboysam is infamous around these parts fatboysam is infamous around these parts fatboysam is infamous around these parts fatboysam is infamous around these parts fatboysam is infamous around these parts fatboysam is infamous around these parts fatboysam is infamous around these parts fatboysam is infamous around these parts fatboysam is infamous around these parts

Quote:
Originally Posted by anshu View Post
[b]
See the news from OH LAW FIRM:

09/20/2012: Employment-Based Immigrant Community Under Stress as Reflected in the Congressional Report Website

The Congressional report website indicates that H.R. 3012 is the most hit legislative bill and S. 3245 is the fifth most hit legislative bill for its website at this time. Out of the legislative bills which were introduced in 2012, these two immigrant bills are the only bills that rank within five in hits, reflecting the anxiety and stress the employment-based immigrant community is going through at this time facing the potential Congressional recess either at the end of today or tomorrow.
For S. 3245, record reflects that the House sent a message to the Senate on 09/14/2012 that the House passed this bill without amendment. However, the Senate was not in session at the time. The Secretary of Senate then reported the message to the Senate yesterday, 09/19/2012. Probably, this could have delayed forwarding the bill to the White House for his signature into a law. We will see this probably before the end of this week. People may as well relax.
For H.R. 3012, the business community and supporters of this bill apparently have worked hard to take it up on the Senate floor before the Senate goes into the recess. The Senate wants to wrap up most of its legislative work today so that the members of the Congress can go to their districts this weekend. This depends on passage of H.J. Res. 117 Continuing Resolution to fund the federal government for the next six month to prevent shut down of federal government at the end of this month. The House passed this bill and the Senate picked up this bill on the floor yesterday, but believe it or not, two Senators presented amendments before the Senate adjourned yesterday. The Senate will struggle with this bill today to keep their agenda to finish up their legislative works today. The Senate majority leader hopes that the Senate passes this bill and should they have time, the Senate wants to take up other Roll Call Vote bills as many as possible. It is uncertain whether H.R. 3012 can come within this plan, but even if yes, unless the Senate is able to pass the Continuing Resolutions without exhausting its entire time today, it is infeasible unless the unlikely scenario of unanimous consent that has been agreed up between the two party leaders. Please stay tuned.
called CA senators, no reaction from other people in this forum? does it mean it's today or never ?

Old 09-20-2012, 12:18 PM
Donor
Priority Date
:
Nov-04
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
05/05/2007
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/01/2007
Compare
bigboy007 has a reputation beyond repute bigboy007 has a reputation beyond repute bigboy007 has a reputation beyond repute bigboy007 has a reputation beyond repute bigboy007 has a reputation beyond repute bigboy007 has a reputation beyond repute bigboy007 has a reputation beyond repute bigboy007 has a reputation beyond repute bigboy007 has a reputation beyond repute bigboy007 has a reputation beyond repute bigboy007 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by fatboysam View Post
called CA senators, no reaction from other people in this forum? does it mean it's today or never ?
our job is worry about calling now...lets dont worry about outcome now. Keep calling , keep posting, keep pushing.

Old 09-20-2012, 12:19 PM
Priority Date
:
Mar-06
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
05/01/2006
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
Madhuri has a reputation beyond repute Madhuri has a reputation beyond repute Madhuri has a reputation beyond repute Madhuri has a reputation beyond repute Madhuri has a reputation beyond repute Madhuri has a reputation beyond repute Madhuri has a reputation beyond repute Madhuri has a reputation beyond repute Madhuri has a reputation beyond repute Madhuri has a reputation beyond repute Madhuri has a reputation beyond repute

Day 4 - done AI for CA.

Old 09-20-2012, 12:21 PM
Priority Date
:
Sep-08
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
gp_waiting has a reputation beyond repute gp_waiting has a reputation beyond repute gp_waiting has a reputation beyond repute gp_waiting has a reputation beyond repute gp_waiting has a reputation beyond repute gp_waiting has a reputation beyond repute gp_waiting has a reputation beyond repute gp_waiting has a reputation beyond repute gp_waiting has a reputation beyond repute gp_waiting has a reputation beyond repute gp_waiting has a reputation beyond repute
Default Done AI

Called senators in CA, MD and TN.

PS: I did try out the pre-call dance routine. It was amazing. Highly recommend it.

1 out of 1 members found this post helpful.
Old 09-20-2012, 12:24 PM
Priority Date
:
Jan-09
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
fatboysam is infamous around these parts fatboysam is infamous around these parts fatboysam is infamous around these parts fatboysam is infamous around these parts fatboysam is infamous around these parts fatboysam is infamous around these parts fatboysam is infamous around these parts fatboysam is infamous around these parts fatboysam is infamous around these parts fatboysam is infamous around these parts fatboysam is infamous around these parts

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigboy007 View Post
our job is worry about calling now...lets dont worry about outcome now. Keep calling , keep posting, keep pushing.
why not, I don't understand ? can you be little more open, I just want to understand the message behind this post

Old 09-20-2012, 12:25 PM
Priority Date
:
May-03
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
AnnaRamdev has much to be proud of AnnaRamdev has much to be proud of AnnaRamdev has much to be proud of AnnaRamdev has much to be proud of AnnaRamdev has much to be proud of AnnaRamdev has much to be proud of AnnaRamdev has much to be proud of AnnaRamdev has much to be proud of AnnaRamdev has much to be proud of AnnaRamdev has much to be proud of
Default called for 4th day tx

called for 4th day . in tx

intresting point...today staffer at senator hutchison asked if i was calling for hr 3012and i said yes.
THEN SHE ASKED ME IF WAS CALLING FOR IN SUPPORT OR AGAINST THE BILL.
i replied of course in support and she said she will pass along the message.
it means people are calling for against the bill also????????????
why people dont like fairness?????????

Old 09-20-2012, 12:27 PM
Priority Date
:
Mar-05
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
gc_seeeker_eb3 has a reputation beyond repute gc_seeeker_eb3 has a reputation beyond repute gc_seeeker_eb3 has a reputation beyond repute gc_seeeker_eb3 has a reputation beyond repute gc_seeeker_eb3 has a reputation beyond repute gc_seeeker_eb3 has a reputation beyond repute gc_seeeker_eb3 has a reputation beyond repute gc_seeeker_eb3 has a reputation beyond repute gc_seeeker_eb3 has a reputation beyond repute gc_seeeker_eb3 has a reputation beyond repute gc_seeeker_eb3 has a reputation beyond repute
Default AI Done..

Done AI for VA....

Old 09-20-2012, 12:31 PM
Donor
Priority Date
:
Oct-04
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
02/22/2007
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
06/29/2007
Compare
veereddy has a reputation beyond repute veereddy has a reputation beyond repute veereddy has a reputation beyond repute veereddy has a reputation beyond repute veereddy has a reputation beyond repute veereddy has a reputation beyond repute veereddy has a reputation beyond repute veereddy has a reputation beyond repute veereddy has a reputation beyond repute veereddy has a reputation beyond repute veereddy has a reputation beyond repute
Default Done

Completed AI for PA.

- Monthly Contributor
- Total contributions over $1,000

Old 09-20-2012, 12:31 PM
Priority Date
:
Jul-04
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
GCTorture has a reputation beyond repute GCTorture has a reputation beyond repute GCTorture has a reputation beyond repute GCTorture has a reputation beyond repute GCTorture has a reputation beyond repute GCTorture has a reputation beyond repute GCTorture has a reputation beyond repute GCTorture has a reputation beyond repute GCTorture has a reputation beyond repute GCTorture has a reputation beyond repute GCTorture has a reputation beyond repute

AI done again for today.

I call both Senators from NY. The person who gets the phone, doesnt take name, doesn't take zipcode. The moment I say HR3012, I will let the senator know. Thats all.

Senator know what? How much of my concern about the bill, will be passed to senator? This small number of non-immigrant Indians don't count for vote, so no crap will be given to them. Hang in there all your life, we will see - thats the attitude. And all their talk - wanting to be tech leaders of the world - is just a hypocrisy talk.

Closed Thread