Immigration Voice - Forums
Register Get Involved Contact Lawmakers Advocacy Discussion Image Image Image Image

Go Back   Immigration Voice > Immigration Voice Issues and Congressional updates > IV Agenda and Legislative Updates
Click to log in with Facebook
IV Agenda and Legislative Updates Immigration Voice's Agenda and Legislative Updates

Closed Thread

LinkBack (1) Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-01-2012, 03:47 PM
Priority Date
:
Dec-07
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
N/A
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
gk_2000 has a reputation beyond repute gk_2000 has a reputation beyond repute gk_2000 has a reputation beyond repute gk_2000 has a reputation beyond repute gk_2000 has a reputation beyond repute gk_2000 has a reputation beyond repute gk_2000 has a reputation beyond repute gk_2000 has a reputation beyond repute gk_2000 has a reputation beyond repute gk_2000 has a reputation beyond repute gk_2000 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunny2007 View Post
Hello my friends of EB3-I , we should try to port to EB2 . Though IV is trying their level best , it's so difficult to convince both sides of isle.

Immigration Reform is a bad word on the HILL.
Dear Sunny

Thanks for your most useful suggestion. However, are you aware of how many EB3's are there exactly since 2004? And if they follow this advice, even a small portion of them, what could happen?

Therefore the solution you suggest cannot work this way. Please support our endeavors here and try to avoid giving this kind of advices

Old 10-01-2012, 05:36 PM
Priority Date
:
Dec-07
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
N/A
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
gk_2000 has a reputation beyond repute gk_2000 has a reputation beyond repute gk_2000 has a reputation beyond repute gk_2000 has a reputation beyond repute gk_2000 has a reputation beyond repute gk_2000 has a reputation beyond repute gk_2000 has a reputation beyond repute gk_2000 has a reputation beyond repute gk_2000 has a reputation beyond repute gk_2000 has a reputation beyond repute gk_2000 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by dhakaldoo View Post
Mr. Gk
Please do not start EB debate here. I am EB -2, I came to the rally from east coast with my family and baby.. I didnt see All the EB 3 s there either.
And from experiece, thoes astronomical wait times aparantly are not enough to motivate the EB3 either!!!. So please! If you want yo make an appeal make it to the whole commnunity. As I dont think categories matterswhen it comes to not puttng any effort and think that somebody else will take care of our problem...
Yes, thanks for reminding me about the EB3's

But, being an EB3 myself, I know exactly how we guys feel. And the way we feel is totally hopeless. No matter if we implement 3012 or not, it is still going to take 5-7 years at least, so that takes away all our energy. You have to be in our shoes to feel our sentiment

Old 10-01-2012, 07:51 PM
Priority Date
:
Nov-03
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
praskar has a reputation beyond repute praskar has a reputation beyond repute praskar has a reputation beyond repute praskar has a reputation beyond repute praskar has a reputation beyond repute praskar has a reputation beyond repute praskar has a reputation beyond repute praskar has a reputation beyond repute praskar has a reputation beyond repute praskar has a reputation beyond repute praskar has a reputation beyond repute

Made another call today to both the WA and OR contacts. The watch is on!! We will win.
Bookmark and Share Compare

Old 10-01-2012, 09:03 PM
Priority Date
:
Aug-03
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
sunny2007 has a reputation beyond repute sunny2007 has a reputation beyond repute sunny2007 has a reputation beyond repute sunny2007 has a reputation beyond repute sunny2007 has a reputation beyond repute sunny2007 has a reputation beyond repute sunny2007 has a reputation beyond repute sunny2007 has a reputation beyond repute sunny2007 has a reputation beyond repute sunny2007 has a reputation beyond repute sunny2007 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by gk_2000 View Post
Dear Sunny

Thanks for your most useful suggestion. However, are you aware of how many EB3's are there exactly since 2004? And if they follow this advice, even a small portion of them, what could happen?

Therefore the solution you suggest cannot work this way. Please support our endeavors here and try to avoid giving this kind of advices
Dear gk_2000 ,

I didn't write the message to have flames. I was totally concerned about EB3-I. I myself is struck since 2003. Though my employer was willing to sponsor for my GC in 1999/2000 I didn't show much interest then and didn't care in what category my lawyer applied.

Considerable delays in EB3-I hurt me first in 2008 November , when I couldn't go to India for a family emergency as my AP took a long time to get it approved and when I went to local USCIS office , an officer told I can't give you Advance Parole in local office and told wait till Nebraska Center approves your AP. Later I got my AP in late December to go to Varanasi to merge the ashes in Ganges.

Next time I felt terribly sad is in December 2011 when Senator Grassley put the hold.

What else you want to know.

When I went to the Immigration Rally in San Jose , my daughter asked "Dad why are we going to the Rally ? My teacher said we are already American citizens as you are working in this country since 1999" .. Illegals get Citizenship directly ?

Today I had to take a cab to drop my daughter @ School and the Cab driver is surprised to know that it takes so long to get GC in Employment based category. He is very sad to know , so should I ask him to send an email to the Senator Sessions ?

What else you want to know about EB3-I ?

Facebook | Google+ | Twitter | Contribute | HR3012 Wiki

Info on Rally | Posters | Volunteers

Old 10-01-2012, 09:05 PM
Priority Date
:
Mar-05
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
05/13/2011
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
06/29/2007
Compare
diptam has a reputation beyond repute diptam has a reputation beyond repute diptam has a reputation beyond repute diptam has a reputation beyond repute diptam has a reputation beyond repute diptam has a reputation beyond repute diptam has a reputation beyond repute diptam has a reputation beyond repute diptam has a reputation beyond repute diptam has a reputation beyond repute diptam has a reputation beyond repute
Default Good Humour But ...

Rohit,
While I appreciate the humour in your words , I can't agree with you. My local MA Congressman helped me on many occasions without expecting any return. Mostly they are good peoples.

Passing a bill is a huge thing with 'N' number of variables , however common sense/birpartisan the topic of the Bill is - Plus a lot of energies go in election year on things like Presidential campaign. Though I Zeroed in on my Green Card journey last year 2011 by a legit and well deserved porting from a '05 EB3-I to EB2, I morally support the fundamentals of what Immigration Voice is advocating in HR 3012. I did walk on streets of Washington DC in Sep 2007 on behalf of Immigration Voice. It simply makes no common sense to have a "per-country" cap on Skill based immigration.

Try to actually meet or contact a Congressman or Senator with a real issue and see how they acts. At the same time try to meet and visualize meeting a minister back there - you being a smart man will immediatly know the difference !

Quote:
Originally Posted by RohitSharma View Post
Indian ministers don't meet don't do. In US they meet but don't do. Ultimately no difference.

Old 10-01-2012, 09:10 PM
Administrator
Priority Date
:
Mar-06
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
05/06/2006
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
06/29/2007
Compare
pappu has a reputation beyond repute pappu has a reputation beyond repute pappu has a reputation beyond repute pappu has a reputation beyond repute pappu has a reputation beyond repute pappu has a reputation beyond repute pappu has a reputation beyond repute pappu has a reputation beyond repute pappu has a reputation beyond repute pappu has a reputation beyond repute pappu has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Dear gk_2000 ,

I didn't write the message to have flames. I was totally concerned about EB3-I. I myself is struck since 2003. Though my employer was willing to sponsor for my GC in 1999/2000 I didn't show much interest then and didn't care in what category my lawyer applied.

Considerable delays in EB3-I hurt me first in 2008 November , when I couldn't go to India for a family emergency as my AP took a long time to get it approved and when I went to local USCIS office , an officer told I can't give you Advance Parole in local office and told wait till Nebraska Center approves your AP. Later I got my AP in late December to go to Varanasi to merge the ashes in Ganges.

Next time I felt terribly sad is in December 2011 when Senator Grassley put the hold.

When I went to the Immigration Rally in San Jose , my daughter asked "Dad why are we going to the Rally ? My teacher said we are already American citizens as you are working in this country since 1999" .. Illegals get Citizenship directly ?

Today I had to take a cab to drop my daughter @ School and the Cab driver is surprised to know that it takes so long to get GC in Employment based category. He is very sad to know , so should I ask him to send an email to the Senator Sessions ?

Sorry to hear about AP. God Should never give such emergency to anyone. But if someone faces a problem and no one is helping, contact IV.

It is ridiculous that people have to undergo such pain.

Facebook | YouTube | Twitter | Mailing List

===================
I do not give legal advice. You can pay and get it from Lawyers. Just show me some love and click the links above to help ImmigrationVoice any way you choose.
-----------

Old 10-01-2012, 09:25 PM
Priority Date
:
Mar-05
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
05/13/2011
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
06/29/2007
Compare
diptam has a reputation beyond repute diptam has a reputation beyond repute diptam has a reputation beyond repute diptam has a reputation beyond repute diptam has a reputation beyond repute diptam has a reputation beyond repute diptam has a reputation beyond repute diptam has a reputation beyond repute diptam has a reputation beyond repute diptam has a reputation beyond repute diptam has a reputation beyond repute
Default Nothing wrong being EB3-I - Its not in our hands!

gk_2000,
Pls read my post above , I was EB3-I for 5yrs and then EB2-I for 5 months - I love both The Skill based immigration system being screwed up by so called
"employers" , some one being EB3 or EB2 is not really in their hands.

I came in the country in 2000 and had more than sufficient credentials to start my GC journey in EB2-I in 2005 but my employer duped me. I was not much educated about
difference of Eb3 and Eb2 that time and they scared me by saying Eb2 gets lot more rejection than Eb3 - total B/S

Eventually I found a ethical employer in Fall 2010 (should have found in 2009 after I-140 approval , but the process delayed due to recession) who llifted me up to Eb2 and end2end it took 5 months from 'Perm Labor' to 'Card at Hand'.....

There is a EB3 within every EB2 and vice versa.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gk_2000 View Post
Yes, thanks for reminding me about the EB3's

But, being an EB3 myself, I know exactly how we guys feel. And the way we feel is totally hopeless. No matter if we implement 3012 or not, it is still going to take 5-7 years at least, so that takes away all our energy. You have to be in our shoes to feel our sentiment

Old 10-01-2012, 10:24 PM
Priority Date
:
Category
:
N/A
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
RohitSharma has a reputation beyond repute RohitSharma has a reputation beyond repute RohitSharma has a reputation beyond repute RohitSharma has a reputation beyond repute RohitSharma has a reputation beyond repute RohitSharma has a reputation beyond repute RohitSharma has a reputation beyond repute RohitSharma has a reputation beyond repute RohitSharma has a reputation beyond repute RohitSharma has a reputation beyond repute RohitSharma has a reputation beyond repute

It was a loose statement made for fun sake...Obviously the system works in this country that's why we are here and the system does not work in our country and that's why we are here.
Quote:
Originally Posted by diptam View Post
Rohit,
While I appreciate the humour in your words , I can't agree with you. My local MA Congressman helped me on many occasions without expecting any return. Mostly they are good peoples...!

Old 10-01-2012, 10:33 PM
Priority Date
:
Nov-03
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
praskar has a reputation beyond repute praskar has a reputation beyond repute praskar has a reputation beyond repute praskar has a reputation beyond repute praskar has a reputation beyond repute praskar has a reputation beyond repute praskar has a reputation beyond repute praskar has a reputation beyond repute praskar has a reputation beyond repute praskar has a reputation beyond repute praskar has a reputation beyond repute

A little less discussion, a little more work perhaps?

Old 10-01-2012, 10:56 PM
Donor
Priority Date
:
Feb-05
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
08/17/2006
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/12/2007
Compare
ronhira has a reputation beyond repute ronhira has a reputation beyond repute ronhira has a reputation beyond repute ronhira has a reputation beyond repute ronhira has a reputation beyond repute ronhira has a reputation beyond repute ronhira has a reputation beyond repute ronhira has a reputation beyond repute ronhira has a reputation beyond repute ronhira has a reputation beyond repute ronhira has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by geve View Post
Pappu,

While sincerely appreciating your efforts and passion towards the immigration community service, I strongly object your statement " hopeless country like India". Do n't forget we are from that place and our ancestors in fact entire family roots are there. If it is hopeless we are not here today. It is not a debate or Desa Bhakti I am talking about just professional statement especially when you volunteered to lead a Non- profit entity.

Kind Regards,
Prasad
and when r u going to bring in next - india invented and gave zero to the world - oh common...... we got to move beyond zero...... don't get me wrong, we r all proud of where we have come from..... which is different matter from immigration system of this country...... there is no need to get overly emotional or touchy @ it

Old 10-02-2012, 08:37 AM
Donor
Priority Date
:
Feb-05
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
08/17/2006
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/12/2007
Compare
ronhira has a reputation beyond repute ronhira has a reputation beyond repute ronhira has a reputation beyond repute ronhira has a reputation beyond repute ronhira has a reputation beyond repute ronhira has a reputation beyond repute ronhira has a reputation beyond repute ronhira has a reputation beyond repute ronhira has a reputation beyond repute ronhira has a reputation beyond repute ronhira has a reputation beyond repute

is this action item still valid?

Old 10-02-2012, 09:06 AM
Donor
Priority Date
:
May-03
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
01/05/2006
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
06/28/2007
Compare
geve has much to be proud of geve has much to be proud of geve has much to be proud of geve has much to be proud of geve has much to be proud of geve has much to be proud of geve has much to be proud of geve has much to be proud of geve has much to be proud of geve has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by pappu View Post
Sorry to hear about AP. God Should never give such emergency to anyone. But if someone faces a problem and no one is helping, contact IV.

It is ridiculous that people have to undergo such pain.
Sincerely Be proud of being IV member. Can any one or Organization offer help to our immigration community with out their hidden agenda? This ( Immigration Voice) is founded and managed by US and attained highest confidence level to resolve the immigration issues.

Kudos to Core Team.

Old 10-03-2012, 03:13 PM
Priority Date
:
Feb-05
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
05/05/2007
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/27/2007
Compare
RNGC has much to be proud of RNGC has much to be proud of RNGC has much to be proud of RNGC has much to be proud of RNGC has much to be proud of RNGC has much to be proud of RNGC has much to be proud of RNGC has much to be proud of RNGC has much to be proud of RNGC has much to be proud of

Quote:
Dear gk_2000 ,

I am so sorry about your story...not a day goes by without me thinking of my elderly parents. Just frustrated with all these selfish politicians who will not do any work till the elections are over! But, patientce is word here! If something is not in our control what can we do ? I just console myself that there are more people who have even greater hardship than us and move on!

Joe Biden once said "god puts the cross on those who can carry it", god has put you thru rough times, Please be resilient and good time will come. Good luck and god bless!
Attended the Advocacy days in DC - 2011

Old 10-03-2012, 03:14 PM
Priority Date
:
Dec-04
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
06/01/2007
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
06/30/2007
Compare
Suva has a reputation beyond repute Suva has a reputation beyond repute Suva has a reputation beyond repute Suva has a reputation beyond repute Suva has a reputation beyond repute Suva has a reputation beyond repute Suva has a reputation beyond repute Suva has a reputation beyond repute Suva has a reputation beyond repute Suva has a reputation beyond repute Suva has a reputation beyond repute
Default Why Silicon Valley is losing its luster

Good article by Fareed Zakaria...

http://globalpublic.blogs.cnn.com/20...ng-its-luster/

Old 10-03-2012, 03:16 PM
Priority Date
:
Dec-04
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
06/01/2007
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
06/30/2007
Compare
Suva has a reputation beyond repute Suva has a reputation beyond repute Suva has a reputation beyond repute Suva has a reputation beyond repute Suva has a reputation beyond repute Suva has a reputation beyond repute Suva has a reputation beyond repute Suva has a reputation beyond repute Suva has a reputation beyond repute Suva has a reputation beyond repute Suva has a reputation beyond repute

[quote=Suva;3561061]Good article by Fareed Zakaria...

http://globalpublic.blogs.cnn.com/20...ng-its-luster/

Closed Thread