Immigration Voice - Forums
Register Get Involved Contact Lawmakers Advocacy Discussion Image Image Image Image

Go Back   Immigration Voice > Immigration Voice Issues and Congressional updates > IV Agenda and Legislative Updates
Click to log in with Facebook
IV Agenda and Legislative Updates Immigration Voice's Agenda and Legislative Updates

Closed Thread

LinkBack (1) Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-16-2012, 05:51 AM
Administrator
Priority Date
:
Mar-06
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
05/06/2006
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
06/29/2007
Compare
pappu has a reputation beyond repute pappu has a reputation beyond repute pappu has a reputation beyond repute pappu has a reputation beyond repute pappu has a reputation beyond repute pappu has a reputation beyond repute pappu has a reputation beyond repute pappu has a reputation beyond repute pappu has a reputation beyond repute pappu has a reputation beyond repute pappu has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by sri1309 View Post
Yes, we can do flower campaign too, apart from any other. No Harm. Nothing like it must be done only once.
All,
We need to start working again, and lets not wake up in the last moment. We need more voice.
Work goes on even if it not posted on the forum. We posted asking for volunteers few weeks ago those that fit the specific roles we were looking are now working everyday on the action item along with our counsul in DC. There is no public action item. The last major public action item was San Jose event. Those that did not show up cannot complain now. We will post any public action item when the time is right. Lastly since people post about flower campiaign, let me clarify that flowers cannot get any bill passed. It can bring the issue to attention and media coverage at the most. This is not the priority at this time. Lastly fyi The visa bulletin reversal was due to our hardworking advocacy effort in DC. Flowers only complemented that work. If flowers, spam emails and online petitions can get bills passed, there will be nobody standing in line and working day and night to advocate for years in DC.

Facebook | YouTube | Twitter | Mailing List

===================
I do not give legal advice. You can pay and get it from Lawyers. Just show me some love and click the links above to help ImmigrationVoice any way you choose.
-----------
Bookmark and Share Compare

Old 10-16-2012, 06:13 PM
Priority Date
:
Category
:
N/A
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
2008candid is a glorious beacon of light 2008candid is a glorious beacon of light 2008candid is a glorious beacon of light 2008candid is a glorious beacon of light 2008candid is a glorious beacon of light

I didn't get what you meant by this?

Lastly fyi The visa bulletin reversal was due to our hardworking advocacy effort in DC.

Old 10-16-2012, 07:01 PM
Administrator
Priority Date
:
Mar-06
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
05/06/2006
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
06/29/2007
Compare
pappu has a reputation beyond repute pappu has a reputation beyond repute pappu has a reputation beyond repute pappu has a reputation beyond repute pappu has a reputation beyond repute pappu has a reputation beyond repute pappu has a reputation beyond repute pappu has a reputation beyond repute pappu has a reputation beyond repute pappu has a reputation beyond repute pappu has a reputation beyond repute

It was referring to an event that happened 5 years ago.

Spend time on the website reading about advocacy, participate , volunteer and you will understand the process. In the absence of awareness it is difficult for any new immigrant to understand politics, the way laws and fixes are done, how advocacy works etc in the country. There is more fear and naiveness instead of being able to stand up against unfairness and injustice. It is a gradual learning process and takes time and would recommend to all new members.

===================
I do not give legal advice. You can pay and get it from Lawyers. Just show me some love and click the links above to help ImmigrationVoice any way you choose.
-----------

Last edited by pappu; 10-16-2012 at 07:46 PM.

Old 10-16-2012, 11:27 PM
Priority Date
:
Mar-05
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
07/02/2007
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
iptel will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by pappu View Post
Work goes on even if it not posted on the forum. We posted asking for volunteers few weeks ago those that fit the specific roles we were looking are now working everyday on the action item along with our counsul in DC. There is no public action item. The last major public action item was San Jose event. Those that did not show up cannot complain now. We will post any public action item when the time is right. Lastly since people post about flower campiaign, let me clarify that flowers cannot get any bill passed. It can bring the issue to attention and media coverage at the most. This is not the priority at this time. Lastly fyi The visa bulletin reversal was due to our hardworking advocacy effort in DC. Flowers only complemented that work. If flowers, spam emails and online petitions can get bills passed, there will be nobody standing in line and working day and night to advocate for years in DC.
Hi Pappu,
I am sorry I missed your post I am willing to volunteer. Previously I have taken part in DC event, meeting with Congress reps. I would admit I did not participate during San Jose due to unavoidable circumstances. Feel free to send an email.

Old 10-17-2012, 01:40 PM
Priority Date
:
Jul-04
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
GCTorture has a reputation beyond repute GCTorture has a reputation beyond repute GCTorture has a reputation beyond repute GCTorture has a reputation beyond repute GCTorture has a reputation beyond repute GCTorture has a reputation beyond repute GCTorture has a reputation beyond repute GCTorture has a reputation beyond repute GCTorture has a reputation beyond repute GCTorture has a reputation beyond repute GCTorture has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by pappu View Post
Pappu,
First, no doubt in what IV core had done so far, or doing now, or will do in future. Again, for thousands of us, IV Core is the hope. At the same time, please be humble. "Those that did not show up cannot complain now." <-- Nobody is complaining here, we are only suggesting.
"It can bring the issue to attention and media coverage at the most."<-- yes, to get their attention only. To get media attention which will in turn get more people involved. By sending flowers we are not expecting bill would pass. We are not that stupid.
Try to understand the other's point of view and please stop over-dramatize it saying spam mails blah blah.
Isnt it great even to get attention of those senators and media on the bill at this point?

1 out of 1 members found this post helpful.
Old 10-17-2012, 02:51 PM
Administrator
Priority Date
:
Mar-06
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
05/06/2006
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
06/29/2007
Compare

I would not like to play to the crowd and sugar coat everything. There is no business interest here like other sites. We are in this together. And from time to time, it is always good to let people know the hard cold facts. There are many naive people among us who only think by sending emails to lawmakers we can get a bill passed. They have never even once in their lifetime on IV that maybe years, even met their lawmaker. How difficult is it to take few hours off from work and go and meet the lawmaker ? A lot of awareness is needed in our community if we really want to get any bill passed. I can be nice and tell good stories and people will just sit around and gossip. But that is not the aim. Our aim is that we do not want people even needing any immigration forums anymore if we can get the bill passed. Why should we all be wasting our time in the immigration mess when we all could be doing something extra for our career growth and personal life?
There is a political reality and that reality requires each one of us to stand up and show up when we do any event. One cannot be giving excuses of hair cutting appointment or cricket match when we ask them fly to San Jose and show up. So if now if someone asks why the bill is not happening, they need to first look inside and see if they are desperate enough and willing to make sacrifices for it. Unless each one of us is desperate and willing to go an extra mile we will continue to keep discussing on the forums, distract each other with eb2 vs eb3, annonymous members will pick up issues with other annonymous members on petty things and we will all blame someone else for our own problems.

===================
-----------

Last edited by pappu; 10-17-2012 at 02:53 PM.

Old 10-17-2012, 07:50 PM
Priority Date
:
Mar-04
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
08/19/2007
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
08/08/2007
Compare
sri1309 has a reputation beyond repute sri1309 has a reputation beyond repute sri1309 has a reputation beyond repute sri1309 has a reputation beyond repute sri1309 has a reputation beyond repute sri1309 has a reputation beyond repute sri1309 has a reputation beyond repute sri1309 has a reputation beyond repute sri1309 has a reputation beyond repute sri1309 has a reputation beyond repute sri1309 has a reputation beyond repute

Any action items, please...

Old 10-18-2012, 01:48 PM
Priority Date
:
Dec-08
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
forever_waiting has a reputation beyond repute forever_waiting has a reputation beyond repute forever_waiting has a reputation beyond repute forever_waiting has a reputation beyond repute forever_waiting has a reputation beyond repute forever_waiting has a reputation beyond repute forever_waiting has a reputation beyond repute forever_waiting has a reputation beyond repute forever_waiting has a reputation beyond repute forever_waiting has a reputation beyond repute forever_waiting has a reputation beyond repute

There is no over-dramatization buddy..what pappu is saying is the reality.
Folks like him in IV-Core have been involved for 6-7 years and have probably seen hundreds of folks come up with several recycled ideas that miss the point.
I myself have seen folks throw out totally random recycled ideas and then when an actual action item comes up, the same people completely vanish. So i understand where the frustration in pappu's posts comes from. Bottomline is time for flowers is over. There could not have been more attention drawn (to relevant folks) than what was done by the IV summit.
Lets wait and watch what happens after elections now.
HR3012 is truly the only hope.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GCTorture View Post
Pappu,
First, no doubt in what IV core had done so far, or doing now, or will do in future. Again, for thousands of us, IV Core is the hope. At the same time, please be humble. "Those that did not show up cannot complain now." <-- Nobody is complaining here, we are only suggesting.
"It can bring the issue to attention and media coverage at the most."<-- yes, to get their attention only. To get media attention which will in turn get more people involved. By sending flowers we are not expecting bill would pass. We are not that stupid.
Try to understand the other's point of view and please stop over-dramatize it saying spam mails blah blah.
Isnt it great even to get attention of those senators and media on the bill at this point?

Old 10-18-2012, 05:35 PM
Administrator
Priority Date
:
Mar-06
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
05/06/2006
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
06/29/2007
Compare

Quote:
Originally Posted by apshodh View Post

[url="http://[/URL]
Your post is exactly why I wrote the strong post.

You are the same person who in the past posted ideas and every time I asked you to contact IV and volunteer, never responded.

Do you even read what we write on IV? Have you tried to even understand the politics and advocacy process?

Do you really think by posting some random online petition a rule will change or a law will pass? Please Stop posting onlne petitions on this website. It only misleads other naive people like yourself.

Spend time reading this website advocacy section and IV wiki instead of tracking, gossip and useless posts.
If you sincerely want any immigration bill to pass or admin fix to be done, get actively involved, volunteer and learn what we do and how we do.

===================
-----------

Last edited by pappu; 10-18-2012 at 05:44 PM.

Old 10-23-2012, 12:44 PM
Priority Date
:
Category
:
N/A
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
kichoudh has a reputation beyond repute kichoudh has a reputation beyond repute kichoudh has a reputation beyond repute kichoudh has a reputation beyond repute kichoudh has a reputation beyond repute kichoudh has a reputation beyond repute kichoudh has a reputation beyond repute kichoudh has a reputation beyond repute kichoudh has a reputation beyond repute kichoudh has a reputation beyond repute kichoudh has a reputation beyond repute
Default Thanks IV

Pappu -- Many Thanks to you and IV core for your initiatives for the community.

I have been in the US for a little over 6 years and still am trying to learn more about the political process here.

To help IV I have put a recurring contribution to IV via Paypal to provide you guys with much needed funds.

For all members I think the simple thing to do is to help make contributions to IV as much as we can to provide the core team with more resources.

Again Thanks for spearheading this effort.

Old 10-23-2012, 02:34 PM
Priority Date
:
Jul-04
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
04/12/2007
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/18/2007
Compare
pak has a reputation beyond repute pak has a reputation beyond repute pak has a reputation beyond repute pak has a reputation beyond repute pak has a reputation beyond repute pak has a reputation beyond repute pak has a reputation beyond repute pak has a reputation beyond repute pak has a reputation beyond repute pak has a reputation beyond repute pak has a reputation beyond repute
Default Romney vs Obama on skilled immigration

Romney's plan: Raise Visa Caps for Highly Skilled Workers (refer page 126)

Obama's Plan: None for legal immigrants, everything for illegals (Refer The clear choice on immigration — Barack Obama)

HR3012 Wiki | Facebook | Google+ | Twitter

Old 10-23-2012, 04:59 PM
Priority Date
:
Jun-04
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
07/26/2007
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
psychedelicNerd has a reputation beyond repute psychedelicNerd has a reputation beyond repute psychedelicNerd has a reputation beyond repute psychedelicNerd has a reputation beyond repute psychedelicNerd has a reputation beyond repute psychedelicNerd has a reputation beyond repute psychedelicNerd has a reputation beyond repute psychedelicNerd has a reputation beyond repute psychedelicNerd has a reputation beyond repute psychedelicNerd has a reputation beyond repute psychedelicNerd has a reputation beyond repute

My brother and sister are citizens here. Immigration reform (primarily fairness for skilled immigrants) is one of the main things that will help them decide their vote. Looks like Romney is pro immigrants. Obama has an Immi agenda too but doesn't look like its mainly around illegals.

I wonder how many people would be like me. Just to determine the size of the vote bank associated with people in a status like I am. Will it make a difference for the candidate to win that vote bank?

Old 10-23-2012, 05:00 PM
Priority Date
:
Jun-04
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
07/26/2007
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
psychedelicNerd has a reputation beyond repute psychedelicNerd has a reputation beyond repute psychedelicNerd has a reputation beyond repute psychedelicNerd has a reputation beyond repute psychedelicNerd has a reputation beyond repute psychedelicNerd has a reputation beyond repute psychedelicNerd has a reputation beyond repute psychedelicNerd has a reputation beyond repute psychedelicNerd has a reputation beyond repute psychedelicNerd has a reputation beyond repute psychedelicNerd has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by psychedelicNerd View Post
My brother and sister are citizens here. Immigration reform (primarily fairness for skilled immigrants) is one of the main things that will help them decide their vote. Looks like Romney is pro immigrants. Obama has an Immi agenda too but doesn't look like its mainly around illegals.

I wonder how many people would be like me. Just to determine the size of the vote bank associated with people in a status like I am. Will it make a difference for the candidate to win that vote bank?
Correction: Obama has an Immi agenda too but looks like its mainly around illegals.

Old 10-23-2012, 07:14 PM
Priority Date
:
Sep-04
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
03/01/2007
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/01/2007
Compare
looivy has a reputation beyond repute looivy has a reputation beyond repute looivy has a reputation beyond repute looivy has a reputation beyond repute looivy has a reputation beyond repute looivy has a reputation beyond repute looivy has a reputation beyond repute looivy has a reputation beyond repute looivy has a reputation beyond repute looivy has a reputation beyond repute looivy has a reputation beyond repute
Default I have got an island to sell

Really...this is all marketing BS. If Romney wins 2012, be will try to win second term and would not do sh$% for immigrants (Legal or Illegal)....also most of his supporters are xenophobes so don't expect much...he will play to his base.

Obama on the other hand has nothing to lose if he wins 2012 and it seems that most presidents deal with immigration issues in their second terms. Obama did the Dream Act to boost up the Hispanic base....o/w he would not have touched Dream Act. Also, he wanted to hand over a hot potato to Romney in case he loses.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pak View Post
Romney's plan: Raise Visa Caps for Highly Skilled Workers (refer page 126)

Obama's Plan: None for legal immigrants, everything for illegals (Refer The clear choice on immigration — Barack Obama)

Old 10-23-2012, 07:46 PM
Donor
Priority Date
:
N/A
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
actaccord has a reputation beyond repute actaccord has a reputation beyond repute actaccord has a reputation beyond repute actaccord has a reputation beyond repute actaccord has a reputation beyond repute actaccord has a reputation beyond repute actaccord has a reputation beyond repute actaccord has a reputation beyond repute actaccord has a reputation beyond repute actaccord has a reputation beyond repute actaccord has a reputation beyond repute
Default Lets try

to look at this issue from a family perspective,

You have two kids at home and one kid is crying whole time to grab your attention and another kid plays quietly with whatever it got (even it is a broken toy) to play with. Now think honestly, which kid you would address 1st...

Here crying and attention grabbing kid is Dreamers and quite kids is EB community. As long as we don't make enough noise with reasonable volume no president/party will address our issue until every other issue is resolved and they have nothing to do which I doubt.

Quote:
Originally Posted by psychedelicNerd View Post
Correction: Obama has an Immi agenda too but looks like its mainly around illegals.
Actively participated in April 2011 Advocacy Day (all 4 days).
Got chance to discuss our issue at 8 congress offices.
Started monthly contribution $25 from April 2011.

Closed Thread