Immigration Voice - Forums
Register Get Involved Contact Lawmakers Advocacy Discussion Image Image Image Image

Go Back   Immigration Voice > Immigration Voice Issues and Congressional updates > IV Agenda and Legislative Updates
Click to log in with Facebook
IV Agenda and Legislative Updates Immigration Voice's Agenda and Legislative Updates

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-13-2013, 04:02 PM
Administrator
Priority Date
:
Jun-02
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
08/04/2003
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140+I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
10/06/2003
Compare
Administrator2 has a reputation beyond repute Administrator2 has a reputation beyond repute Administrator2 has a reputation beyond repute Administrator2 has a reputation beyond repute Administrator2 has a reputation beyond repute Administrator2 has a reputation beyond repute Administrator2 has a reputation beyond repute Administrator2 has a reputation beyond repute Administrator2 has a reputation beyond repute Administrator2 has a reputation beyond repute Administrator2 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Fairness for high-skilled Immigration : We applaud Rep. Chaffetz, Lofgren & Labrador

Immigration Voice applaud Rep. Jason Chaffetz, Rep Lofgren and Rep Labrador for introducing Fairness for High-Skilled Immigration Act - the bill to eliminate per-country limits.

We are grateful that Rep. Jason Chaffetz decided to sponsor this very important bill, and Rep Lofgren and Rep Labrador decided to be original co-sponsors, for eliminating discriminatory country caps and enabling immigrants to be processed fairly. This legislation will provide relief to immigrants stuck in decades-long backlogs and provide a real boost to U.S. competitiveness by freeing the entrepreneurial potential of high-skilled immigrants. We urge the House and the Senate to pass this important bill without delay.

Fairness for High-Skilled Immigration bill, which passed the U.S. House of Representatives in the 112th Congress with overwhelming bipartisan vote of 389 to 15, would phase out the limits on the numbers of employment-based green cards that can be given to immigrants from any one country. Current law limits any one country to 7% of employment-based permanent resident visas, causing enormous backlogs for legal immigrants from certain large countries that provide America with substantial numbers of skilled immigrants. Additionally, the bill adjusts upward the per country caps for family-based visas from 7% to 15%.
Bookmark and Share Compare Reply With Quote

5 out of 5 members found this post helpful.
Old 02-13-2013, 04:55 PM
Donor
Priority Date
:
Jun-08
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
02/21/2013
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
hello has a reputation beyond repute hello has a reputation beyond repute hello has a reputation beyond repute hello has a reputation beyond repute hello has a reputation beyond repute hello has a reputation beyond repute hello has a reputation beyond repute hello has a reputation beyond repute hello has a reputation beyond repute hello has a reputation beyond repute hello has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Administrator2 View Post
Immigration Voice applaud Rep. Jason Chaffetz, Rep Lofgren and Rep Labrador for introducing Fairness for High-Skilled Immigration Act - the bill to eliminate per-country limits.

We are grateful that Rep. Jason Chaffetz decided to sponsor this very important bill, and Rep Lofgren and Rep Labrador decided to be original co-sponsors, for eliminating discriminatory country caps and enabling immigrants to be processed fairly. This legislation will provide relief to immigrants stuck in decades-long backlogs and provide a real boost to U.S. competitiveness by freeing the entrepreneurial potential of high-skilled immigrants. We urge the House and the Senate to pass this important bill without delay.

Fairness for High-Skilled Immigration bill, which passed the U.S. House of Representatives in the 112th Congress with overwhelming bipartisan vote of 389 to 15, would phase out the limits on the numbers of employment-based green cards that can be given to immigrants from any one country. Current law limits any one country to 7% of employment-based permanent resident visas, causing enormous backlogs for legal immigrants from certain large countries that provide America with substantial numbers of skilled immigrants. Additionally, the bill adjusts upward the per country caps for family-based visas from 7% to 15%.
Admin,do they have H1B(Sen G) proposals in this bill?Does IV want them to vote on this?

1 out of 1 members found this post helpful.
Old 02-13-2013, 05:07 PM
Donor
Priority Date
:
Feb-05
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
08/17/2006
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/12/2007
Compare
ronhira has a reputation beyond repute ronhira has a reputation beyond repute ronhira has a reputation beyond repute ronhira has a reputation beyond repute ronhira has a reputation beyond repute ronhira has a reputation beyond repute ronhira has a reputation beyond repute ronhira has a reputation beyond repute ronhira has a reputation beyond repute ronhira has a reputation beyond repute ronhira has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by balbirbagdu View Post
Ofcourse , my opinion doesn't matter , it is upto to hands of US citizens , their congress and President to decide , i am just another guest worker present legally in this country since 12 years so excuse me if i am not getting it .
excused

Old 02-13-2013, 05:29 PM
Priority Date
:
Dec-07
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
N/A
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
gk_2000 has a reputation beyond repute gk_2000 has a reputation beyond repute gk_2000 has a reputation beyond repute gk_2000 has a reputation beyond repute gk_2000 has a reputation beyond repute gk_2000 has a reputation beyond repute gk_2000 has a reputation beyond repute gk_2000 has a reputation beyond repute gk_2000 has a reputation beyond repute gk_2000 has a reputation beyond repute gk_2000 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by hello View Post
Admin,do they have H1B(Sen G) proposals in this bill?Does IV want them to vote on this?
Interesting qs ..

Old 02-13-2013, 07:34 PM
Priority Date
:
Category
:
N/A
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
wbinewbie is on a distinguished road

This will likely get past the house smooth sailing this time too, especially since the house repubs want to look like they are doing something. Its in the senate that the devils with the 'various holds' await....

Old 02-13-2013, 07:47 PM
Priority Date
:
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
Flyingcrow has a reputation beyond repute Flyingcrow has a reputation beyond repute Flyingcrow has a reputation beyond repute Flyingcrow has a reputation beyond repute Flyingcrow has a reputation beyond repute Flyingcrow has a reputation beyond repute Flyingcrow has a reputation beyond repute Flyingcrow has a reputation beyond repute Flyingcrow has a reputation beyond repute Flyingcrow has a reputation beyond repute Flyingcrow has a reputation beyond repute

But without the other two: number recapture, exclusion of fly members how far will it help? Admin as
balbirbagdu pointed out, we already have the Immigration Innovation bill isn't? Now why is this separate one, and is this about removing it over the 3-4 yrs time frame? Kindly explain.

Old 02-13-2013, 08:43 PM
Priority Date
:
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
10/25/2012
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
avinashchand is on a distinguished road
Wink Rebirth of HR 3012

In essence, its re-birth of HR 3012. As the voices are being echoed from multiple corners, looks like something is going to happen positively this time.

Old 02-13-2013, 08:45 PM
Administrator
Priority Date
:
Mar-06
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
05/06/2006
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
06/29/2007
Compare
pappu has a reputation beyond repute pappu has a reputation beyond repute pappu has a reputation beyond repute pappu has a reputation beyond repute pappu has a reputation beyond repute pappu has a reputation beyond repute pappu has a reputation beyond repute pappu has a reputation beyond repute pappu has a reputation beyond repute pappu has a reputation beyond repute pappu has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by wbinewbie View Post
This will likely get past the house smooth sailing this time too, especially since the house repubs want to look like they are doing something. Its in the senate that the devils with the 'various holds' await....
When they talk about undocumented some guys here were saying what about documented.

When CIR was being discussed, some guys here said CIR will fail bluntly as if they are legislation experts.

When country limit bill, the easiest of all is introduced specifically for EB, documented folks people are being negative.

Do you guys want any bill to pass?
What do you guys want and are willing to do for it. At least appreciate when something positive is happening. Be positive, give your best shot and hope for the best. Outcome is not in our hands but efforts are.

Facebook | YouTube | Twitter | Mailing List

===================
I do not give legal advice. You can pay and get it from Lawyers. Just show me some love and click the links above to help ImmigrationVoice any way you choose.
-----------

Last edited by pappu; 02-13-2013 at 09:40 PM.

Old 02-13-2013, 08:49 PM
Priority Date
:
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
10/25/2012
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare

Quote:
Originally Posted by pappu View Post
When they talk about undocumented some guys here were saying what about documented.

When CIR was being discussed, some guys here said CIR will fail bluntly as if they are legislation experts.

When country limit bill, the easiest of all is introduced specifically for EB documents , documented folks people are being negative.

What do you guys want and are willing to do for it. At least appreciate when something positive is happening. Be positive, give your best shot and hope for the best. Outcome is not in our hands but efforts are.
totally agreed...

Old 02-13-2013, 08:59 PM
Priority Date
:
Category
:
N/A
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
wbinewbie is on a distinguished road

Agree too. Let me not let my cynicism and. Negativity rub off. Let's be positive and hope for the best

Quote:

When country limit bill, the easiest of all is introduced specifically for EB documents , documented folks people are being negative.

Old 02-13-2013, 09:11 PM
Priority Date
:
Jul-04
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
04/12/2007
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/18/2007
Compare
pak has a reputation beyond repute pak has a reputation beyond repute pak has a reputation beyond repute pak has a reputation beyond repute pak has a reputation beyond repute pak has a reputation beyond repute pak has a reputation beyond repute pak has a reputation beyond repute pak has a reputation beyond repute pak has a reputation beyond repute pak has a reputation beyond repute
Default Mike Lee introducing CIR

Mike Lee introduces comprehensive immigration reform bills | St. George News | STGnews.comSt. George News | STGnews.com

HR3012 Wiki | Facebook | Google+ | Twitter

Old 02-13-2013, 10:31 PM
Donor
Priority Date
:
Mar-05
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
03/18/2007
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
08/13/2007
Compare
bpratap has a reputation beyond repute bpratap has a reputation beyond repute bpratap has a reputation beyond repute bpratap has a reputation beyond repute bpratap has a reputation beyond repute bpratap has a reputation beyond repute bpratap has a reputation beyond repute bpratap has a reputation beyond repute bpratap has a reputation beyond repute bpratap has a reputation beyond repute bpratap has a reputation beyond repute
Default Awesome !

Old 02-13-2013, 10:45 PM
Priority Date
:
Dec-07
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
N/A
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
gk_2000 has a reputation beyond repute gk_2000 has a reputation beyond repute gk_2000 has a reputation beyond repute gk_2000 has a reputation beyond repute gk_2000 has a reputation beyond repute gk_2000 has a reputation beyond repute gk_2000 has a reputation beyond repute gk_2000 has a reputation beyond repute gk_2000 has a reputation beyond repute gk_2000 has a reputation beyond repute gk_2000 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:

When country limit bill, the easiest of all is introduced specifically for EB, documented folks people are being negative.

It is testing, with so many ups and downs.. certainly most of us didn't realize it would be such a long haul. It is like a marathon run of unspecified distance -- like they make the military trainees do ... have you watched "Surviving the cut" on netflix?

Old 02-13-2013, 11:13 PM
Priority Date
:
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
10/25/2012
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare

Quote:
Originally Posted by gk_2000 View Post
It is testing, with so many ups and downs.. certainly most of us didn't realize it would be such a long haul. It is like a marathon run of unspecified distance -- like they make the military trainees do ... have you watched "Surviving the cut" on netflix?
and why on netflix??? its available on amazon too.

Old 02-13-2013, 11:27 PM
Priority Date
:
Category
:
N/A
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
GC_for_All has a reputation beyond repute GC_for_All has a reputation beyond repute GC_for_All has a reputation beyond repute GC_for_All has a reputation beyond repute GC_for_All has a reputation beyond repute GC_for_All has a reputation beyond repute GC_for_All has a reputation beyond repute GC_for_All has a reputation beyond repute GC_for_All has a reputation beyond repute GC_for_All has a reputation beyond repute GC_for_All has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:

Agreed. I appreciate everything you guys are doing. Thanks a lot