Immigration Voice - Forums
Register Get Involved Contact Lawmakers Advocacy Discussion Image Image Image Image

Go Back   Immigration Voice > Immigration Voice Issues and Congressional updates > IV Agenda and Legislative Updates
Click to log in with Facebook
IV Agenda and Legislative Updates Immigration Voice's Agenda and Legislative Updates

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-21-2013, 03:17 PM
Donor/Moderator
Priority Date
:
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
12/22/2009
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
sage2006 has a reputation beyond repute sage2006 has a reputation beyond repute sage2006 has a reputation beyond repute sage2006 has a reputation beyond repute sage2006 has a reputation beyond repute sage2006 has a reputation beyond repute sage2006 has a reputation beyond repute sage2006 has a reputation beyond repute sage2006 has a reputation beyond repute sage2006 has a reputation beyond repute sage2006 has a reputation beyond repute
Default what are you waiting for??

Folks,

We have added to the second post of the thread some experiences posted by IV members who came to past IV advocacy events. Same is copied below. Rather than hearing it from us all the time, we wanted you to read the advocacy experience of IV members from across the country who were moved by their advocacy experience and wanted to share the same with everyone. Please read through to get an idea of what goes on during IV advocacy events and how this is an opportunity of a lifetime one should not miss. We have had 10 IV advocacy events in DC in the past 7 years (4 events within the past 2 years alone..not all were announced publicly) and the sentiments below are shared by all the 100+ members who attended every advocacy day from all over the nation.

This is THE moment to get our provisions into CIR-2013. If we do not speak up with IV, no one will do so on our behalf.

Please read below for the experience of others who attend past IV Advocacy Days:

1) redds777 sharing his story and highlighting the importance of the IV platform.

http://immigrationvoice.org/forum/fo...ml#post1962756 (Live updates: Advocacy day Event)

2) devang777 shares his inspiring experience and the power feeling of visiting Capitol Hill.
http://immigrationvoice.org/forum/fo...ml#post1962889 (Live updates: Advocacy day Event)

3) needhelp has flown across the country to be at EVERY IV advocacy event, even after getting her GC. She is one of our respected lead volunteers and has been involved with the behind-the-scenes logistics and preparations for every IV advocacy event. Below is her experience -

http://immigrationvoice.org/forum/fo...ml#post1963685 (Live updates: Advocacy day Event)

4) Advocacy day experience by Starsun, another major driving force behind coordinating all our advocacy events. Only she knows how to schedule 400 meetings over two days for 100+ members

http://immigrationvoice.org/forum/fo...ml#post1963702 (Live updates: Advocacy day Event)

5) willigetgc? shares his experience as a first-time DC advocacy participant

http://immigrationvoice.org/forum/fo...ml#post1963852 (Live updates: Advocacy day Event)

6) gsc999 shares a very important perspective and his experience with advocacy.
http://immigrationvoice.org/forum/fo...ml#post1963883 (Live updates: Advocacy day Event)

7) logiclife sharing his IV advocacy experience in an inspiring way
http://immigrationvoice.org/forum/fo...ml#post1964344 (Live updates: Advocacy day Event)

8) goosetavo sharing his experience and highlighting the importance of advocating for our cause

http://immigrationvoice.org/forum/fo...ml#post1964381 (Live updates: Advocacy day Event)

9) Longtime IV member santb1975 providing a detailed description about the 3-day event in April 2010.
http://immigrationvoice.org/forum/fo...ml#post1965259 (Live updates: Advocacy day Event)

Last edited by sage2006; 02-21-2013 at 03:34 PM.
Bookmark and Share Compare Reply With Quote

1 out of 1 members found this post helpful.
Old 02-21-2013, 03:19 PM
Donor
Priority Date
:
Aug-07
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
08/10/2007
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140+I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
08/10/2007
Compare
bugsbunny has a reputation beyond repute bugsbunny has a reputation beyond repute bugsbunny has a reputation beyond repute bugsbunny has a reputation beyond repute bugsbunny has a reputation beyond repute bugsbunny has a reputation beyond repute bugsbunny has a reputation beyond repute bugsbunny has a reputation beyond repute bugsbunny has a reputation beyond repute bugsbunny has a reputation beyond repute bugsbunny has a reputation beyond repute
Default Donation

I really appreciate all the hard work you'll guys put into advocacy.

Donated $100.

Life is a journey Enjoy the ride!

Old 02-21-2013, 03:52 PM
Priority Date
:
N/A
Category
:
EB1C
I140 Mailed Date
:
12/25/2013
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140+I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
12/25/2013
Compare
go_guy123 has a reputation beyond repute go_guy123 has a reputation beyond repute go_guy123 has a reputation beyond repute go_guy123 has a reputation beyond repute go_guy123 has a reputation beyond repute go_guy123 has a reputation beyond repute go_guy123 has a reputation beyond repute go_guy123 has a reputation beyond repute go_guy123 has a reputation beyond repute go_guy123 has a reputation beyond repute go_guy123 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by aadohio View Post
Signed up for recurring donation
Subscription#S-20B16500C83336050

We are expecting a baby, due date is Mar 22. If the baby arrives early and all is well I will drive over to DC for 4 days. In that case I can use some last minute help regarding accommodation.
First of all congratualation !!! My best wishes to you and your family.
Your greencard is atleast guaranteed after 21 years.

0 out of 1 members found this post helpful.
Old 02-21-2013, 03:59 PM
Priority Date
:
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
aadohio has a spectacular aura about aadohio has a spectacular aura about
Default Better than that !

Quote:
Originally Posted by go_guy123 View Post
First of all congratualation !!! My best wishes to you and your family.
Your greencard is atleast guaranteed after 21 years.
Thanks !!! My first kid is 3 years old so the max wait is 18 years

0 out of 1 members found this post helpful.
Old 02-21-2013, 07:43 PM
Priority Date
:
Apr-09
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
03/01/2010
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
04/03/2012
Compare
hsingh82 has a reputation beyond repute hsingh82 has a reputation beyond repute hsingh82 has a reputation beyond repute hsingh82 has a reputation beyond repute hsingh82 has a reputation beyond repute hsingh82 has a reputation beyond repute hsingh82 has a reputation beyond repute hsingh82 has a reputation beyond repute hsingh82 has a reputation beyond repute hsingh82 has a reputation beyond repute hsingh82 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Let's contribute!

As many of us can't go to DC because of various reasons, we should donate atleast the money we had spent had we been there which would be average of $400-$500... I am willing to donate that if enough people (20-30 minimum) come forward.

Harpreet

0 out of 2 members found this post helpful.
Old 02-22-2013, 12:11 AM
Priority Date
:
Sep-08
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
gp_waiting has a reputation beyond repute gp_waiting has a reputation beyond repute gp_waiting has a reputation beyond repute gp_waiting has a reputation beyond repute gp_waiting has a reputation beyond repute gp_waiting has a reputation beyond repute gp_waiting has a reputation beyond repute gp_waiting has a reputation beyond repute gp_waiting has a reputation beyond repute gp_waiting has a reputation beyond repute gp_waiting has a reputation beyond repute
Thumbs up

Thank you.

My contribution in the form of subscription for six months:
Paypal Subscription ID: S-3GU016668D915225H

Old 02-22-2013, 07:39 AM
Priority Date
:
Feb-05
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
08/13/2007
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140+I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
08/13/2007
Compare
gcharry has a reputation beyond repute gcharry has a reputation beyond repute gcharry has a reputation beyond repute gcharry has a reputation beyond repute gcharry has a reputation beyond repute gcharry has a reputation beyond repute gcharry has a reputation beyond repute gcharry has a reputation beyond repute gcharry has a reputation beyond repute gcharry has a reputation beyond repute gcharry has a reputation beyond repute

Day before yesterday I have signed up for $50 for 6 months

If I see a total donation of $500.00 for today, I will donate $25 tonight. If you donate please put your receipt #s.

signed up for $50 for 6 months.
25 K miles
$300.00 in the past.
Thanks.

Old 02-22-2013, 08:19 AM
Priority Date
:
N/A
Category
:
N/A
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
N/A
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
deeshin is on a distinguished road

Donated in the past several times.
Signed up for 50$--6 month recurring.
Go IV
Deepak

Old 02-22-2013, 10:22 AM
Administrator
Priority Date
:
Mar-06
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
05/06/2006
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
06/29/2007
Compare
pappu has a reputation beyond repute pappu has a reputation beyond repute pappu has a reputation beyond repute pappu has a reputation beyond repute pappu has a reputation beyond repute pappu has a reputation beyond repute pappu has a reputation beyond repute pappu has a reputation beyond repute pappu has a reputation beyond repute pappu has a reputation beyond repute pappu has a reputation beyond repute

Those who are unable to come to DC, please consider consider contributing the amount you would have spent on travel and stay if you came to DC for 3 days. We have to invest a lot in the massive advocacy effort in the coming months.

Facebook | YouTube | Twitter | Mailing List

===================
I do not give legal advice. You can pay and get it from Lawyers. Just show me some love and click the links above to help ImmigrationVoice any way you choose.
-----------

Old 02-22-2013, 10:42 AM
Priority Date
:
Sep-07
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
PERM12 has a reputation beyond repute PERM12 has a reputation beyond repute PERM12 has a reputation beyond repute PERM12 has a reputation beyond repute PERM12 has a reputation beyond repute PERM12 has a reputation beyond repute PERM12 has a reputation beyond repute PERM12 has a reputation beyond repute PERM12 has a reputation beyond repute PERM12 has a reputation beyond repute PERM12 has a reputation beyond repute

6 Month Recurring donation subscribed...

Old 02-22-2013, 01:15 PM
Priority Date
:
Jun-07
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
08/10/2007
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140+I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
08/10/2007
Compare
visa_info is on a distinguished road

Registered to attend the event. Should I expect a confirmation email? I haven't received any email yet.

Old 02-22-2013, 01:32 PM
Administrator
Priority Date
:
Apr-09
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
01/31/2012
Compare
The Alchemist has a reputation beyond repute The Alchemist has a reputation beyond repute The Alchemist has a reputation beyond repute The Alchemist has a reputation beyond repute The Alchemist has a reputation beyond repute The Alchemist has a reputation beyond repute The Alchemist has a reputation beyond repute The Alchemist has a reputation beyond repute The Alchemist has a reputation beyond repute The Alchemist has a reputation beyond repute The Alchemist has a reputation beyond repute
Default Registration Form Submission Confirmation

Once you submit the form, a confirmation dialogue appears to validate submission.

Quote:
Originally Posted by visa_info View Post
Registered to attend the event. Should I expect a confirmation email? I haven't received any email yet.
Your data has been received. A member of Team IV will reach out to you over the next couple of weeks with further details.

If you have not yet finalized your travel plans, please email advocacy@immigrationvoice.org and let us know the details once confirmed.

Thank You
Team IV

Old 02-22-2013, 02:39 PM
Priority Date
:
Jan-07
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
gaintsnj@gmail.com is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by pappu View Post
Those who are unable to come to DC, please consider consider contributing the amount you would have spent on travel and stay if you came to DC for 3 days. We have to invest a lot in the massive advocacy effort in the coming months.
Dear Fellow IV members

I agree with Pappu, if we are unable to attend the meeting at-least we can do is contribute. I registered today however I was contributing to IV through paypal payments using my friends account. I sincerely thank every member of this organization for lending their time and extraordinary efforts to bring relief to EB backlogs.

I am contributing $300 today as I am not able to attend. I know this is very small contribution, however I feel every penny counts.

Paypal Transactions
22G335209B731813T - $200
009203134U502011V - $100

Old 02-23-2013, 06:11 PM
Priority Date
:
N/A
Category
:
N/A
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
N/A
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
babloo has much to be proud of babloo has much to be proud of babloo has much to be proud of babloo has much to be proud of babloo has much to be proud of babloo has much to be proud of babloo has much to be proud of babloo has much to be proud of babloo has much to be proud of
Default Registered

Registered and Fired up to make a difference

HR3012 Wiki | Facebook | Google+ | Twitter

Old 02-24-2013, 12:07 AM
Priority Date
:
Sep-07
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
02/22/2008
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
lostcause2007 has a reputation beyond repute lostcause2007 has a reputation beyond repute lostcause2007 has a reputation beyond repute lostcause2007 has a reputation beyond repute lostcause2007 has a reputation beyond repute lostcause2007 has a reputation beyond repute lostcause2007 has a reputation beyond repute lostcause2007 has a reputation beyond repute lostcause2007 has a reputation beyond repute lostcause2007 has a reputation beyond repute lostcause2007 has a reputation beyond repute

Thx for sharing these experiences from other IV members.
Quote:
Originally Posted by sage2006 View Post
Folks,

We have added to the second post of the thread some experiences posted by IV members who came to past IV advocacy events. Same is copied below. Rather than hearing it from us all the time, we wanted you to read the advocacy experience of IV members from across the country who were moved by their advocacy experience and wanted to share the same with everyone. Please read through to get an idea of what goes on during IV advocacy events and how this is an opportunity of a lifetime one should not miss. We have had 10 IV advocacy events in DC in the past 7 years (4 events within the past 2 years alone..not all were announced publicly) and the sentiments below are shared by all the 100+ members who attended every advocacy day from all over the nation.

This is THE moment to get our provisions into CIR-2013. If we do not speak up with IV, no one will do so on our behalf.

Please read below for the experience of others who attend past IV Advocacy Days:

1) redds777 sharing his story and highlighting the importance of the IV platform.

http://immigrationvoice.org/forum/fo...ml#post1962756 (Live updates: Advocacy day Event)

2) devang777 shares his inspiring experience and the power feeling of visiting Capitol Hill.
http://immigrationvoice.org/forum/fo...ml#post1962889 (Live updates: Advocacy day Event)

3) needhelp has flown across the country to be at EVERY IV advocacy event, even after getting her GC. She is one of our respected lead volunteers and has been involved with the behind-the-scenes logistics and preparations for every IV advocacy event. Below is her experience -

http://immigrationvoice.org/forum/fo...ml#post1963685 (Live updates: Advocacy day Event)

4) Advocacy day experience by Starsun, another major driving force behind coordinating all our advocacy events. Only she knows how to schedule 400 meetings over two days for 100+ members

http://immigrationvoice.org/forum/fo...ml#post1963702 (Live updates: Advocacy day Event)

5) willigetgc? shares his experience as a first-time DC advocacy participant

http://immigrationvoice.org/forum/fo...ml#post1963852 (Live updates: Advocacy day Event)

6) gsc999 shares a very important perspective and his experience with advocacy.
http://immigrationvoice.org/forum/fo...ml#post1963883 (Live updates: Advocacy day Event)

7) logiclife sharing his IV advocacy experience in an inspiring way
http://immigrationvoice.org/forum/fo...ml#post1964344 (Live updates: Advocacy day Event)

8) goosetavo sharing his experience and highlighting the importance of advocating for our cause

http://immigrationvoice.org/forum/fo...ml#post1964381 (Live updates: Advocacy day Event)

9) Longtime IV member santb1975 providing a detailed description about the 3-day event in April 2010.
http://immigrationvoice.org/forum/fo...ml#post1965259 (Live updates: Advocacy day Event)