Immigration Voice - Forums
Register Get Involved Contact Lawmakers Advocacy Discussion Image Image Image Image

Go Back   Immigration Voice > Immigration Voice Issues and Congressional updates > IV Agenda and Legislative Updates
Click to log in with Facebook
IV Agenda and Legislative Updates Immigration Voice's Agenda and Legislative Updates

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-20-2013, 07:18 AM
Administrator
Priority Date
:
Jun-02
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
08/04/2003
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140+I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
10/06/2003
Compare
Administrator2 has a reputation beyond repute Administrator2 has a reputation beyond repute Administrator2 has a reputation beyond repute Administrator2 has a reputation beyond repute Administrator2 has a reputation beyond repute Administrator2 has a reputation beyond repute Administrator2 has a reputation beyond repute Administrator2 has a reputation beyond repute Administrator2 has a reputation beyond repute Administrator2 has a reputation beyond repute Administrator2 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Announcement: Immigration Voice Advocacy Event - March 17th - 19th, 2013

Dear Friends,

As you may know, the Senate is currently drafting a major immigration reform bill right now and we are actively working on the provisions that would help us get our visa bulletin dates current by solving the backlogs and retrogression issues thru the immigration bill. There is also additional development on high-skills immigration bill. The bill for removing per-country ceilings H.R. 3012 that passed the House in 2011 with 97% majority and almost passed the Senate last year has been re-introduced in the new Congress as H.R. 633. This is a strong indication that our issue is still on the fore-front of high-skills immigration issues. Read more and discuss (Fairness for high-skilled Immigration : We applaud Rep. Chaffetz, Lofgren & Labrador). Read the H.R. 633 Press Release.

We applaud the Rep. Jason Chaffetz, Rep Lofgren and Rep Labrador for introducing Fairness for High-Skilled Immigration Act Ė H.R. 633.

In order to make sure that our provisions including the per-country ceiling removal and other measures are included in the Immigration Bill of 2013, we need all of you to step up and help us do it. IV core team cannot do this alone. We need your help. We urgently need to focus on 2 action items.

Register for DC advocacy event on March 17 - 19. Make travel plans in advance and join your fellow IV members in actual advocacy efforts to lobby congress to include our high skills immigration provisions. You can be a part of history-making and have the satisfaction of doing something for yourself and your family.

Secondly, as you may know, we have paid advocacy efforts also going on in DC and we receive professional help and counsel from lobbyists. In order to keep those efforts well-funded during this effort, we need your help to pitch in and make donations. You can see the wonderful work being done yourself if you attend our event in DC on March 17-19.

Please do not assume that the legal immigration problem will be solved automatically when the 2013 immigration bill passes. We have to ensure that we are not forgotten. Comprehensive bills are too big and there are many more sensitive issues and if we are not careful, we will be left behind. Already we have the last DOS visa bulletin indicate that EB2 dates may not move forward at all between now and September. So letís be active and letís be careful and not miss this opportunity.

See you in Washington, D.C. on 17th - 19th March!

Immigration Voice
Bookmark and Share Compare Reply With Quote

3 out of 3 members found this post helpful.
Old 02-20-2013, 07:41 AM
Administrator
Priority Date
:
Jun-02
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
08/04/2003
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140+I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
10/06/2003
Compare
Administrator2 has a reputation beyond repute Administrator2 has a reputation beyond repute Administrator2 has a reputation beyond repute Administrator2 has a reputation beyond repute Administrator2 has a reputation beyond repute Administrator2 has a reputation beyond repute Administrator2 has a reputation beyond repute Administrator2 has a reputation beyond repute Administrator2 has a reputation beyond repute Administrator2 has a reputation beyond repute Administrator2 has a reputation beyond repute
Thumbs up

What is Advocacy Days?

Advocacy Days does not involve rallies or protest on the streets. Instead Advocacy Days involve working collaboratively with the office of the Members of Congress in meeting format. This is more of the meeting in which you explain issues affecting you and the community. Members of Congress are not fully aware of our issues, which is why events such as - Advocacy Days - is needed to create awareness on our issues. Members of Congress want to listen and learn about the hardships faced by immigrants, they want to fix the broken system. The question is, are you willing to step up to make your voice count and actively participate to make the difference.

Why is this 3 day event?

The way we organize advocacy days is - we ask that you arrive in Washington, D.C. either on the 16th night or 17th March early morning. Whole day on 17th March, we will go over how to tell your unedited personal story effectively. You may think you know everything about advocacy, but the fact is, if you have not been to meeting with your representatives in the past, chances are you will not be able to make the best out of the face time with the Congressional offices. That is why attending this training is very very important and mandatory for effective and successful advocacy meetings so that you could articulate the issue, problems and solutions/recommendations to fix the system.

Have you done Advocacy Days before?

We have conducted over 10 advocacy days till now. Due to various reason, many of these events were not unannounced on the forum. Each Advocacy event involves constituents coming in from across the country, as far as Alaska and Hawaii, representing each State/district. Most Advocacy days are attended by around 100 members in which members go to between 100 to 450 Congressional meetings in two days, explain our issues and providing meaningful suggestions to fix the systematic problem with the system.

How many meetings will I go to?

After all day training on the 17th March, your entire day on 18th and 19th March will be packed with Congressional meetings. You will be going to Congressional meetings in small groups with others attending the Advocacy days from your State/other States.

How many IV members are you expecting in this Advocacy Days? Who has already signed up?

We are planning on conducting around 200 meetings in 2 days. So we would like no more than 125-150 members to attend this event. If you can imagine, scheduling 200 Congressional meetings, matching with the schedule of 150 different people coming in and leaving from out of town, making sure everyone is comfortable and well placed, it's a complex task to plan and execute such an event. Which is why, we prefer no more than 125-150 members. The question is, are you willing to step up to make your voice count and actively participate to make the difference.

Some of the IV members who have already signed up include PHDs, Medical doctors, employees to large tech companies, university professors etc. We would like to invite everyone who aligns with our stated goals of elimination of EB backlogs.

What are you supposed to do to be part of Advocacy days? What Do I need to do in advance?

You do not have to do anything in advance. If you have the burning desire to stand-up for you and your family, to speak up and have your voice heard in a democratic process, have lawmakers listen to your issues so that there could be a meaningful reform, then this is your chance to make a difference.

Just sign-up and show up on time. We will setup meetings with Senate offices and specific House offices for you. When you arrive, we will hand you your meeting schedule, training material, advocacy folders for each office, provide you with specific training on how to meaningfully and effectively communicate your personal story, plus we will go over how to explain our problems and issues when you go for the meetings with Congressional Offices.

Sign-up for the Advocacy days here

I've Secret clearance required for my job, will attending Advocacy Days affect my clearance?

Speaking-up and making your voice heard in a civilized manner is the most American thing. In Advocacy events, we are meeting with Congressional offices to tell our stories and recommend solutions based on how things work on the ground. There is nothing wrong with participating in Advocacy days. In fact, at the meeting you could probably end up getting picture with your Senator or Member of Congress. None of this should negatively affect your security clearance of any other part of your job or immigration process.

Please read below for the experience of others who attend past IV Advocacy Days:

1) redds777 sharing his story and highlighting the importance of the IV platform.

http://immigrationvoice.org/forum/fo...ml#post1962756 (Live updates: Advocacy day Event)

2) devang777 shares his inspiring experience and the power feeling of visiting Capitol Hill.
http://immigrationvoice.org/forum/fo...ml#post1962889 (Live updates: Advocacy day Event)

3) needhelp has flown across the country to be at EVERY IV advocacy event, even after getting her GC. She is one of our respected lead volunteers and has been involved with the behind-the-scenes logistics and preparations for every IV advocacy event. Below is her experience -

http://immigrationvoice.org/forum/fo...ml#post1963685 (Live updates: Advocacy day Event)

4) Advocacy day experience by Starsun, another major driving force behind coordinating all our advocacy events

http://immigrationvoice.org/forum/fo...ml#post1963702 (Live updates: Advocacy day Event)

5) http://immigrationvoice.org/forum/fo...ml#post1963852 (Live updates: Advocacy day Event)

6) gsc999 shares a very important perspective and his experience with advocacy.
http://immigrationvoice.org/forum/fo...ml#post1963883 (Live updates: Advocacy day Event)

7) logiclife sharing his IV advocacy experience in an inspiring way
http://immigrationvoice.org/forum/fo...ml#post1964344 (Live updates: Advocacy day Event)

8) goosetavo sharing his experience and highlighting the importance of advocating for our cause

http://immigrationvoice.org/forum/fo...ml#post1964381 (Live updates: Advocacy day Event)

9) Longtime IV member santb1975 providing a detailed description about the 3-day event in April 2010.
http://immigrationvoice.org/forum/fo...ml#post1965259 (Live updates: Advocacy day Event)

Last edited by Administrator2; 02-22-2013 at 09:49 AM.

Old 02-20-2013, 08:34 AM
Priority Date
:
Feb-05
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
08/13/2007
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140+I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
08/13/2007
Compare
gcharry has a reputation beyond repute gcharry has a reputation beyond repute gcharry has a reputation beyond repute gcharry has a reputation beyond repute gcharry has a reputation beyond repute gcharry has a reputation beyond repute gcharry has a reputation beyond repute gcharry has a reputation beyond repute gcharry has a reputation beyond repute gcharry has a reputation beyond repute gcharry has a reputation beyond repute

IV, Thank you for your efforts. People who work behind the scenes only knows how difficult it is to lobby and get things done. Good luck to all this time.

Signed up today for a very small amount of $50 each for 6 months.

In the past $300.00 and 25000 United miles.

Old 02-20-2013, 09:23 AM
Priority Date
:
Jul-09
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
04/20/2010
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
02/21/2012
Compare
laddu0 has a reputation beyond repute laddu0 has a reputation beyond repute laddu0 has a reputation beyond repute laddu0 has a reputation beyond repute laddu0 has a reputation beyond repute laddu0 has a reputation beyond repute laddu0 has a reputation beyond repute laddu0 has a reputation beyond repute laddu0 has a reputation beyond repute laddu0 has a reputation beyond repute laddu0 has a reputation beyond repute

Great news.

I will be there for the event.

Old 02-20-2013, 09:30 AM
Donor
Priority Date
:
Apr-03
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
gujju has a reputation beyond repute gujju has a reputation beyond repute gujju has a reputation beyond repute gujju has a reputation beyond repute gujju has a reputation beyond repute gujju has a reputation beyond repute gujju has a reputation beyond repute gujju has a reputation beyond repute gujju has a reputation beyond repute gujju has a reputation beyond repute gujju has a reputation beyond repute
Default Contribute and Participate

Common all of you , its been 3hrs , since this was posted and we don't have enough ppl participating and joining .We need 100's of ppl to make this success.This is the chance to make it happen.We have reached so far due to the effort of last 7 to 8 yrs from IV now we cannot let it go in vain.

Thanks,
GUjju

Old 02-20-2013, 09:38 AM
Priority Date
:
May-11
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
pd052011 has a reputation beyond repute pd052011 has a reputation beyond repute pd052011 has a reputation beyond repute pd052011 has a reputation beyond repute pd052011 has a reputation beyond repute pd052011 has a reputation beyond repute pd052011 has a reputation beyond repute pd052011 has a reputation beyond repute pd052011 has a reputation beyond repute pd052011 has a reputation beyond repute pd052011 has a reputation beyond repute

Registered.

Old 02-20-2013, 09:50 AM
Donor
Priority Date
:
Jul-06
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
07/15/2006
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/02/2007
Compare
new_horizon has a reputation beyond repute new_horizon has a reputation beyond repute new_horizon has a reputation beyond repute new_horizon has a reputation beyond repute new_horizon has a reputation beyond repute new_horizon has a reputation beyond repute new_horizon has a reputation beyond repute new_horizon has a reputation beyond repute new_horizon has a reputation beyond repute new_horizon has a reputation beyond repute new_horizon has a reputation beyond repute

Registered.

- Member of MI IV Chapter
- Contributing $25 monthly since 2007
- Several one-time contributions totalling over $1,500
- Participated in ALL Advocacy Efforts in Washington DC & San Jose since JUL 2007
- I am doing my part, have you done yours to advance our mutual cause?

* If you have the Faith of a Mustard Seed You can say to the Mountain 'Be Moved', and it WILL be Moved!!

** Faith without Action is Futile.

- The Bible

Old 02-20-2013, 10:25 AM
Donor
Priority Date
:
Nov-07
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
PD200711 has a reputation beyond repute PD200711 has a reputation beyond repute PD200711 has a reputation beyond repute PD200711 has a reputation beyond repute PD200711 has a reputation beyond repute PD200711 has a reputation beyond repute PD200711 has a reputation beyond repute PD200711 has a reputation beyond repute PD200711 has a reputation beyond repute PD200711 has a reputation beyond repute PD200711 has a reputation beyond repute

I am planning to register for this event and come to DC. First thing, i need to check with my manager and apply for leave. Hope i will not have any production deployment that week.

Is any member from Charlotte, North Carolina planning to attend this event? please let me know. We can plan to travel as a group.

Old 02-20-2013, 10:28 AM
Priority Date
:
Jul-06
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
Amman has a reputation beyond repute Amman has a reputation beyond repute Amman has a reputation beyond repute Amman has a reputation beyond repute Amman has a reputation beyond repute Amman has a reputation beyond repute Amman has a reputation beyond repute Amman has a reputation beyond repute Amman has a reputation beyond repute Amman has a reputation beyond repute Amman has a reputation beyond repute

Registered. Thank You IV for organizing this event.

Old 02-20-2013, 10:56 AM
Priority Date
:
Mar-10
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
psagarn is infamous around these parts psagarn is infamous around these parts psagarn is infamous around these parts psagarn is infamous around these parts psagarn is infamous around these parts psagarn is infamous around these parts psagarn is infamous around these parts psagarn is infamous around these parts psagarn is infamous around these parts psagarn is infamous around these parts
Default Great News!

Really appreciate the efforts of IV in organizing this event! I will be there....will register as soon as I reach home in the evening....for some reason it is not letting me register from here. Also, I will be traveling from Pittsburgh...would try to gather as many people as possible but feel free to leave me a message if some one needs to a ride. I am willing to pick up people from their place and drop them off too.

-Prem

Old 02-20-2013, 11:03 AM
Priority Date
:
Dec-03
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
08/10/2007
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140+I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
08/10/2007
Compare
gcbikari has a reputation beyond repute gcbikari has a reputation beyond repute gcbikari has a reputation beyond repute gcbikari has a reputation beyond repute gcbikari has a reputation beyond repute gcbikari has a reputation beyond repute gcbikari has a reputation beyond repute gcbikari has a reputation beyond repute gcbikari has a reputation beyond repute gcbikari has a reputation beyond repute gcbikari has a reputation beyond repute
Default $50 contribution - Paypal Unique Transaction ID # 9AF26295CC274514L

Feb 20, 2013 Onetime $50 contribution - Paypal Unique Transaction ID # 9AF26295CC274514L

How I did one time contribution using Paypal:
Add payee wit email below

Business Name:
Immigration Voice (The recipient of this payment is Verified)
Email:
donations@immigrationvoice.org
Contributed $50 for HR3012 campaign in Feb 2012.
Contributed $50 for April 2011 Advocacy day event.

Old 02-20-2013, 11:22 AM
Priority Date
:
Oct-04
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
spicy_guy has a reputation beyond repute spicy_guy has a reputation beyond repute spicy_guy has a reputation beyond repute spicy_guy has a reputation beyond repute spicy_guy has a reputation beyond repute spicy_guy has a reputation beyond repute spicy_guy has a reputation beyond repute spicy_guy has a reputation beyond repute spicy_guy has a reputation beyond repute spicy_guy has a reputation beyond repute spicy_guy has a reputation beyond repute

Will be there. Can't miss this. This is like working on "my" (our) problems.

Old 02-20-2013, 12:21 PM
Priority Date
:
Apr-08
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
deepakd has a reputation beyond repute deepakd has a reputation beyond repute deepakd has a reputation beyond repute deepakd has a reputation beyond repute deepakd has a reputation beyond repute deepakd has a reputation beyond repute deepakd has a reputation beyond repute deepakd has a reputation beyond repute deepakd has a reputation beyond repute deepakd has a reputation beyond repute deepakd has a reputation beyond repute

I may be there. Can't confirm right now :-(
I have been saving miles for vacation and if I recall correctly I have more than 50,000 miles in southwest which I'd like to donate. I'd also make cash donation.
Questions:
1) Can I donate miles ?
2) if Yes then how ?
3) Can any admin please contact me to help me out ?

Thanks

DD

Donated: $100 so far.
Done AI for HR3012 as well/Do.
Donated 11K airlines miles

Old 02-20-2013, 12:35 PM
Priority Date
:
Category
:
N/A
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
cu.buff is infamous around these parts cu.buff is infamous around these parts cu.buff is infamous around these parts cu.buff is infamous around these parts cu.buff is infamous around these parts cu.buff is infamous around these parts cu.buff is infamous around these parts cu.buff is infamous around these parts cu.buff is infamous around these parts cu.buff is infamous around these parts cu.buff is infamous around these parts
Thumbs up Will be there

Registered, coming from IL and will be there on 16th and 17th.

Old 02-20-2013, 12:39 PM
Priority Date
:
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
aadohio has a spectacular aura about aadohio has a spectacular aura about
Arrow

Signed up for recurring donation
Subscription#S-20B16500C83336050

We are expecting a baby, due date is Mar 22. If the baby arrives early and all is well I will drive over to DC for 4 days. In that case I can use some last minute help regarding accommodation.