Immigration Voice - Forums
Register Get Involved Contact Lawmakers Advocacy Discussion Image Image Image Image

Go Back   Immigration Voice > Immigration Voice Issues and Congressional updates > IV Agenda and Legislative Updates
Click to log in with Facebook
IV Agenda and Legislative Updates Immigration Voice's Agenda and Legislative Updates

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-15-2013, 04:34 PM
Priority Date
:
Nov-05
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
04/17/2006
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/02/2007
Compare
imh1b has a reputation beyond repute imh1b has a reputation beyond repute imh1b has a reputation beyond repute imh1b has a reputation beyond repute imh1b has a reputation beyond repute imh1b has a reputation beyond repute imh1b has a reputation beyond repute imh1b has a reputation beyond repute imh1b has a reputation beyond repute imh1b has a reputation beyond repute imh1b has a reputation beyond repute

One of the article says--
"Waiting and worrying
While Miss Universe can land a green card in a matter of weeks, this Golden Pasties winner had to wait more than a year and a half because her lawyer left her birth certificate out of the application and the adjudication officer kept sending requests for more evidence. “I was a wreck, thinking at any minute they’re going to tell me you have to leave the country," she said. "It’s so hard to live your life that way. What do I do if I get kicked out? If I go back to Canada, I’ll have to get a desk job.” After $10,000 in legal fees, May got her ego-boosting green card in August."

So how is this a US government problem? If you hired a sloppy lawyer and paid a whopping 10K it is your problem? Putting such statements in media damages your own cause Madam!
Bookmark and Share Compare Reply With Quote

Old 04-15-2013, 10:26 PM
Priority Date
:
Category
:
N/A
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
karthikforever is on a distinguished road
Default Effect of CIR on Body Shopping Companies

Hi All. I was wondering how CIR might impact typical body shopping companies and their employees. Specifically companies and their employees who are part of the Client>Vendor>Employer>Employee model of functioning. Are provisions expected in CIR that might have a negative or positive effect on such companies and their employees?

Old 04-16-2013, 01:52 AM
Priority Date
:
Dec-07
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
N/A
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
gk_2000 has a reputation beyond repute gk_2000 has a reputation beyond repute gk_2000 has a reputation beyond repute gk_2000 has a reputation beyond repute gk_2000 has a reputation beyond repute gk_2000 has a reputation beyond repute gk_2000 has a reputation beyond repute gk_2000 has a reputation beyond repute gk_2000 has a reputation beyond repute gk_2000 has a reputation beyond repute gk_2000 has a reputation beyond repute

Reality check folks

Smith: Senate Immigration Proposal is Fatally Flawed | Congressman Lamar Smith

Everyone is talking about senate and gang of 8 but the face of trouble looks something like this, and lurks in house

Old 04-16-2013, 07:19 AM
Priority Date
:
May-05
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
jetflyer has a reputation beyond repute jetflyer has a reputation beyond repute jetflyer has a reputation beyond repute jetflyer has a reputation beyond repute jetflyer has a reputation beyond repute jetflyer has a reputation beyond repute jetflyer has a reputation beyond repute jetflyer has a reputation beyond repute jetflyer has a reputation beyond repute jetflyer has a reputation beyond repute jetflyer has a reputation beyond repute
Default CIR Released - key points

Key provisions expected in immigration legislation proposal - The Washington Post

Old 04-16-2013, 09:49 AM
Priority Date
:
N/A
Category
:
N/A
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
N/A
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
The WalL has a reputation beyond repute The WalL has a reputation beyond repute The WalL has a reputation beyond repute The WalL has a reputation beyond repute The WalL has a reputation beyond repute The WalL has a reputation beyond repute The WalL has a reputation beyond repute The WalL has a reputation beyond repute The WalL has a reputation beyond repute The WalL has a reputation beyond repute The WalL has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by gk_2000 View Post
Reality check folks

Smith: Senate Immigration Proposal is Fatally Flawed | Congressman Lamar Smith

Everyone is talking about senate and gang of 8 but the face of trouble looks something like this, and lurks in house
And that is coming from one of the co-sponsors of HR 3012...don't read too much into it. Its trying to give himself wriggle room for negotiating a bit more border security money into the bill.

Old 04-16-2013, 09:51 AM
Priority Date
:
N/A
Category
:
N/A
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
N/A
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
The WalL has a reputation beyond repute The WalL has a reputation beyond repute The WalL has a reputation beyond repute The WalL has a reputation beyond repute The WalL has a reputation beyond repute The WalL has a reputation beyond repute The WalL has a reputation beyond repute The WalL has a reputation beyond repute The WalL has a reputation beyond repute The WalL has a reputation beyond repute The WalL has a reputation beyond repute

Details of sweeping Senate immigration plan revealed - First Read

A bit more detail on whats in the Senate bill...again, not much for legal immigration other than elimination of DV lottery and diversion of that to EB...raising EB usage to 40% from the current 15% levels.

Old 04-16-2013, 09:57 AM
Priority Date
:
N/A
Category
:
N/A
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
N/A
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare

Reuters FACTbox:
Factbox: Major provisions of Senate immigration reform bill | Reuters

Most interesting bit for EB folks:
Quote:
* About 40 percent of employment-based visas would be allocated to professionals with advanced degrees to work in the United States in the sciences, arts and other professions, including certain people with foreign medical degrees. Those holding graduate degrees in engineering, mathematics, science and technology from U.S. universities also would be included.

Old 04-16-2013, 10:08 AM
Priority Date
:
May-11
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
pd052011 has a reputation beyond repute pd052011 has a reputation beyond repute pd052011 has a reputation beyond repute pd052011 has a reputation beyond repute pd052011 has a reputation beyond repute pd052011 has a reputation beyond repute pd052011 has a reputation beyond repute pd052011 has a reputation beyond repute pd052011 has a reputation beyond repute pd052011 has a reputation beyond repute pd052011 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by The WalL View Post
Reuters FACTbox:
Factbox: Major provisions of Senate immigration reform bill | Reuters

Most interesting bit for EB folks:
I read on Yahoo that it was only PhDs and not Masters.

Old 04-16-2013, 10:13 AM
Priority Date
:
Jul-06
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
07/01/2006
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
08/07/2007
Compare
amulchandra has a reputation beyond repute amulchandra has a reputation beyond repute amulchandra has a reputation beyond repute amulchandra has a reputation beyond repute amulchandra has a reputation beyond repute amulchandra has a reputation beyond repute amulchandra has a reputation beyond repute amulchandra has a reputation beyond repute amulchandra has a reputation beyond repute amulchandra has a reputation beyond repute amulchandra has a reputation beyond repute

The following is the link for broader outline.

Outline of the Border Security, Economic Opportunity, and Immigration Modernization Act of 2013

Old 04-16-2013, 10:29 AM
Priority Date
:
May-11
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
pd052011 has a reputation beyond repute pd052011 has a reputation beyond repute pd052011 has a reputation beyond repute pd052011 has a reputation beyond repute pd052011 has a reputation beyond repute pd052011 has a reputation beyond repute pd052011 has a reputation beyond repute pd052011 has a reputation beyond repute pd052011 has a reputation beyond repute pd052011 has a reputation beyond repute pd052011 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by amulchandra View Post
There is no mention of removal of country caps.

Old 04-16-2013, 10:32 AM
Priority Date
:
Mar-06
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
08/01/2007
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
08/01/2007
Compare
chyoji is infamous around these parts chyoji is infamous around these parts chyoji is infamous around these parts chyoji is infamous around these parts chyoji is infamous around these parts chyoji is infamous around these parts chyoji is infamous around these parts chyoji is infamous around these parts chyoji is infamous around these parts chyoji is infamous around these parts chyoji is infamous around these parts

Annual numerical limits on employment-based immigrants:
derivative beneficiaries of employment-based immigrants; aliens of extraordinary ability in the sciences, arts, education, business or athletics; outstanding professors and researchers; multinational executives and managers; doctoral degree holders in STEM field; and physicians who have completed the foreign residency requirements or have received a waiver.

Old 04-16-2013, 10:49 AM
Priority Date
:
Dec-03
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
07/27/2007
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140+I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/27/2007
Compare
gvenkat has a reputation beyond repute gvenkat has a reputation beyond repute gvenkat has a reputation beyond repute gvenkat has a reputation beyond repute gvenkat has a reputation beyond repute gvenkat has a reputation beyond repute gvenkat has a reputation beyond repute gvenkat has a reputation beyond repute gvenkat has a reputation beyond repute gvenkat has a reputation beyond repute gvenkat has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by pd052011 View Post
There is no mention of removal of country caps.
No mention of country caps or visa recapture.

Old 04-16-2013, 10:55 AM
Priority Date
:
Dec-06
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
01/15/2007
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/25/2007
Compare
dhiru is a splendid one to behold dhiru is a splendid one to behold dhiru is a splendid one to behold dhiru is a splendid one to behold dhiru is a splendid one to behold dhiru is a splendid one to behold dhiru is a splendid one to behold
Default CIR summary

Here is the summary to the CIR presented in the Senate -

Scribd

Old 04-16-2013, 10:58 AM
Priority Date
:
Category
:
N/A
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
Amig is a glorious beacon of light Amig is a glorious beacon of light Amig is a glorious beacon of light Amig is a glorious beacon of light Amig is a glorious beacon of light Amig is a glorious beacon of light

Yes, it is very disappointing that there is no mention of removal of country caps. I hope, there is some additions to it once other Senators make changes to the proposals.

Old 04-16-2013, 11:11 AM
Priority Date
:
Jul-06
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
07/01/2006
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
08/07/2007
Compare
amulchandra has a reputation beyond repute amulchandra has a reputation beyond repute amulchandra has a reputation beyond repute amulchandra has a reputation beyond repute amulchandra has a reputation beyond repute amulchandra has a reputation beyond repute amulchandra has a reputation beyond repute amulchandra has a reputation beyond repute amulchandra has a reputation beyond repute amulchandra has a reputation beyond repute amulchandra has a reputation beyond repute

My gut feeling is that may be it is not explicitly spelled out in the outline but will be
there in the bill language.