Immigration Voice - Forums
Register Get Involved Contact Lawmakers Advocacy Discussion Image Image Image Image

Go Back   Immigration Voice > Immigration Voice Issues and Congressional updates > IV Agenda and Legislative Updates
Click to log in with Facebook
IV Agenda and Legislative Updates Immigration Voice's Agenda and Legislative Updates

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-28-2013, 08:38 AM
Banned
Priority Date
:
Dec-07
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
waitingnwaiting has a reputation beyond repute waitingnwaiting has a reputation beyond repute waitingnwaiting has a reputation beyond repute waitingnwaiting has a reputation beyond repute waitingnwaiting has a reputation beyond repute waitingnwaiting has a reputation beyond repute waitingnwaiting has a reputation beyond repute waitingnwaiting has a reputation beyond repute waitingnwaiting has a reputation beyond repute waitingnwaiting has a reputation beyond repute waitingnwaiting has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by somberi View Post
I did not ask about trading one for the other. Right now, this thread is all about patting each other on the back, kudos, sharing pretty pictures, giving thanks and in some cases downright psycophancy. Green cards don't give you permanent freedom either. Citizenship and the right attitude definitely will.

There was one mention of something concrete being discussed but I guess asking for information about that was too much to ask for. We could have saved a lot of breath by just sticking to answering the question instead of going back and forth and focussing on losing focus.
How can we only focus on citizenship? There are so many issues in immigration and each is unique to the person? I am confused about your comment on right attitude. Are you not happy when people appreciate someone doing hard work for all of us? Hundreds of people went DC on their own money, many donated for it. Did you go? Did you contribute? So why preaching right attitude and getting annoyed with appreciation? Don't you like what IV guys are doing?
Bookmark and Share Compare Reply With Quote

Old 03-28-2013, 09:09 AM
Priority Date
:
N/A
Category
:
N/A
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
N/A
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
greyhair has a reputation beyond repute greyhair has a reputation beyond repute greyhair has a reputation beyond repute greyhair has a reputation beyond repute greyhair has a reputation beyond repute greyhair has a reputation beyond repute greyhair has a reputation beyond repute greyhair has a reputation beyond repute greyhair has a reputation beyond repute greyhair has a reputation beyond repute greyhair has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by longwait4gc View Post
But recently any time any one writes(asking status or says something supportive) about EAD for H4 lot of IV members are taking aggressive stance against them as if the requester is an anti immigrant trying to sabotage CIR. This discourages people from participating in IV.

"Discourages people from participating"? Wow. So what were you doing anyways that you will stop doing? The only thing I see you do is ask something for yourself and the disappear. And if you are threatening to stop asking for something for youself - then please be my guest, do me a favor and stop asking for stuff. Adios

2 out of 2 members found this post helpful.
Old 03-28-2013, 09:22 AM
Priority Date
:
N/A
Category
:
N/A
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
N/A
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
greyhair has a reputation beyond repute greyhair has a reputation beyond repute greyhair has a reputation beyond repute greyhair has a reputation beyond repute greyhair has a reputation beyond repute greyhair has a reputation beyond repute greyhair has a reputation beyond repute greyhair has a reputation beyond repute greyhair has a reputation beyond repute greyhair has a reputation beyond repute greyhair has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by somberi View Post
I did not ask about trading one for the other. Right now, this thread is all about patting each other on the back, kudos, sharing pretty pictures, giving thanks and in some cases downright psycophancy. Green cards don't give you permanent freedom either. Citizenship and the right attitude definitely will.

There was one mention of something concrete being discussed but I guess asking for information about that was too much to ask for. We could have saved a lot of breath by just sticking to answering the question instead of going back and forth and focussing on losing focus.
20 something year old kid will not understand the value in thanking others who took 3 days away from family and work, spend over $1000 to advocate for someone like tobget EAD card. Is there a need to have a thread to Thank these people andbpat their back? Absolutely. Is this the right attitude? Without a doubt. Are there other threads on the internet where you can spit your disdain for positive attitude? No question about it. Then why the hell do you have to poop all over here?

Yes, if you have not done anything to change your condition, asking others to work on uour behalf is definitely too much to ask. No one here is answerable to you. Your demand for sticking to answering your question is childish and it shows your level of maturity.

Old 03-28-2013, 01:23 PM
Priority Date
:
Nov-10
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
01/25/2011
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
longwait4gc has a reputation beyond repute longwait4gc has a reputation beyond repute longwait4gc has a reputation beyond repute longwait4gc has a reputation beyond repute longwait4gc has a reputation beyond repute longwait4gc has a reputation beyond repute longwait4gc has a reputation beyond repute longwait4gc has a reputation beyond repute longwait4gc has a reputation beyond repute longwait4gc has a reputation beyond repute longwait4gc has a reputation beyond repute
Thumbs down

Quote:
Originally Posted by greyhair View Post
"Discourages people from participating"? Wow. So what were you doing anyways that you will stop doing? The only thing I see you do is ask something for yourself and the disappear. And if you are threatening to stop asking for something for youself - then please be my guest, do me a favor and stop asking for stuff. Adios
There are lot of H4's who visit this website. Instead of recruiting them to fight for the immigration cause lot of members like you insult them with comments and tell them EAD for H4 is not important.

Don't ask me to leave this place. I didn't ask any thing wrong. If I asked anything wrong one of the moderators will tell me to stop. If you dont want to read my comments or comments from people like me then you know what to do .

Old 03-28-2013, 02:37 PM
Priority Date
:
N/A
Category
:
N/A
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
N/A
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare

Quote:
There are lot of H4's who visit this website. Instead of recruiting them to fight for the immigration cause lot of members like you insult them with comments and tell them EAD for H4 is not important.

Don't ask me to leave this place. I didn't ask any thing wrong. If I asked anything wrong one of the moderators will tell me to stop. If you dont want to read my comments or comments from people like me then you know what to do .
You are saying - Give H4 spouses EAD

I am saying - Give H4 spouses Green Cards

Which is better?

Undocumented are asking for Citizenship, can we at least ask for provisions so that everyone gets their Green Cards in 1-2 years? Anyone would want EAD if someone is in pending green card status for long time and if people don't see anything for 10-20 years. But when CIR is happening, we should not spend 95% energy on EAD cards and 5% of Green Cards. It should be the other way around where most energy is spent on Green Cards. Would it not be a disaster if we just ask for EAD cards in CIR and that is all we get?

CIR will contain EAD for H-4 spouses. Rather than asking over and over again "will H-4 spouses get EAD", "will H-4 spouses get EAD", "will H-4 spouses get EAD", "will H-4 spouses get EAD", "will H-4 spouses get EAD", "will H-4 spouses get EAD", "will H-4 spouses get EAD", "will H-4 spouses get EAD", "will H-4 spouses get EAD", "will H-4 spouses get EAD", "will H-4 spouses get EAD", "will H-4 spouses get EAD"....... "will H-4 spouses get EAD".....

Is it not prudent to ask, what can we do to help with CIR?

And I'm not insulting anyone, you asked question, and I asked you back question? How is that "insulting" to anyone?

If anyone works on this, you are not doing me a favor. The only favor you are doing is to yourself. For me, you can very well get lost, I don't care. So stop giving me this crap about "if I ask you a question then I must be insulting everyone on H-4". That's totally absurd.

1 out of 1 members found this post helpful.
Old 03-28-2013, 02:41 PM
Priority Date
:
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
Flyingcrow has a reputation beyond repute Flyingcrow has a reputation beyond repute Flyingcrow has a reputation beyond repute Flyingcrow has a reputation beyond repute Flyingcrow has a reputation beyond repute Flyingcrow has a reputation beyond repute Flyingcrow has a reputation beyond repute Flyingcrow has a reputation beyond repute Flyingcrow has a reputation beyond repute Flyingcrow has a reputation beyond repute Flyingcrow has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:

I would like to point out a small correction, H4 or F1s or whatever Visa, everyone is free to participate, whenever there is a call for action. All that is required is the will and self-commitment, everything else is hogwash. And there are indeed H4 folks who are actively contributing. So I would not accept your above comments. Request you all passive forum readers, to pitch in if you can, rather than sitting back and crying foul.

Old 03-28-2013, 03:51 PM
Priority Date
:
Nov-10
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
01/25/2011
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
longwait4gc has a reputation beyond repute longwait4gc has a reputation beyond repute longwait4gc has a reputation beyond repute longwait4gc has a reputation beyond repute longwait4gc has a reputation beyond repute longwait4gc has a reputation beyond repute longwait4gc has a reputation beyond repute longwait4gc has a reputation beyond repute longwait4gc has a reputation beyond repute longwait4gc has a reputation beyond repute longwait4gc has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
CIR will contain EAD for H-4 spouses. Rather than asking over and over again "will H-4 spouses get EAD", "will H-4 spouses get EAD", "will H-4 spouses get EAD", "will H-4 spouses get EAD", "will H-4 spouses get EAD", "will H-4 spouses get EAD", "will H-4 spouses get EAD", "will H-4 spouses get EAD", "will H-4 spouses get EAD", "will H-4 spouses get EAD", "will H-4 spouses get EAD", "will H-4 spouses get EAD"....... "will H-4 spouses get EAD".....
For me, you can very well get lost, I don't care.
Exactly thats what I am saying dont take aggressive stance against people who are talking about EAD for H4. You pasted the same sentence several times to make it sound annoying.
We will definitely stop asking this if IV says it not IV agenda any more.
As for CIR, I hope it happens but until then a interim relief will also help.

Old 03-28-2013, 04:07 PM
Banned
Priority Date
:
Dec-07
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
waitingnwaiting has a reputation beyond repute waitingnwaiting has a reputation beyond repute waitingnwaiting has a reputation beyond repute waitingnwaiting has a reputation beyond repute waitingnwaiting has a reputation beyond repute waitingnwaiting has a reputation beyond repute waitingnwaiting has a reputation beyond repute waitingnwaiting has a reputation beyond repute waitingnwaiting has a reputation beyond repute waitingnwaiting has a reputation beyond repute waitingnwaiting has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Exactly thats what I am saying dont take aggressive stance against people who are talking about EAD for H4. You pasted the same sentence several times to make it sound annoying.
We will definitely stop asking this if IV says it not IV agenda any more.
As for CIR, I hope it happens but until then a interim relief will also help.
Since everyone is talking about interim relief, I want to pitch in and suggest 4 more to be added to the list before CIR is passed.

Allow everyone to file I-485 when dates are not current
Abolish 221G
Ban Consulting
Or just move EB3I dates by 5 years.

IV Can this be done?

Old 03-28-2013, 04:29 PM
Priority Date
:
Category
:
N/A
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
chtummala is infamous around these parts chtummala is infamous around these parts chtummala is infamous around these parts chtummala is infamous around these parts chtummala is infamous around these parts

Quote:

hmm members are not against them .. IV and Lot of members are mainly focused on GC back log ..
few people were irritating others about H4 EAD while main focus is on GC .you could check them in other threads..
and proposed H4 EAD is still in pending in OMB and if it become regulation ..
only people with 140 cleared and waiting for PD to current .. and used AC21 act to extend h1 b are eligible for this H4 EAD ..

Old 03-28-2013, 04:33 PM
Priority Date
:
Category
:
N/A
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
chtummala is infamous around these parts chtummala is infamous around these parts chtummala is infamous around these parts chtummala is infamous around these parts chtummala is infamous around these parts

Quote:
Originally Posted by waitingnwaiting View Post
Since everyone is talking about interim relief, I want to pitch in and suggest 4 more to be added to the list before CIR is passed.

Abolish 221G
Ban Consulting
Or just move EB3I dates by 5 years.

IV Can this be done?
very unlikely to done ..
-------
Allow everyone to file I-485 when dates are not current
this one could be possible ..

Old 03-28-2013, 06:30 PM
Priority Date
:
Category
:
N/A
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
somberi is infamous around these parts somberi is infamous around these parts somberi is infamous around these parts somberi is infamous around these parts somberi is infamous around these parts somberi is infamous around these parts

GreyHair,

What I take exception to is your statement :

Quote:

As Benjamin Franklin said - "People willing to trade their permanent freedom for temporary security, deserve neither".
I am just pointing out to you that your own beloved green card is not permanent freedom either and is also only temporary security. Therefore by your own words, you deserve neither! There, How does it feel to have some of your own 'poop' (yoir words, not mine) shoved back in your face !

Dont squat on these forums and pass judgement on what is or is not important to others and who is or is not deserving of something. Let us either get information or guidance (to the contrary) from the relevant authoritative sources or be ignored. Dont muddy the water and soil the air with your opinions here. you are not helping anyone focus on anything. You are only irritating everybody and bringing the negative undercurrents to the surface.

Quote:
20 something year old kid will not understand the value in thanking others who took 3 days away from family and work, spend over $1000 to advocate for someone like tobget EAD card. Is there a need to have a thread to Thank these people andbpat their back? Absolutely. Is this the right attitude? Without a doubt. Are there other threads on the internet where you can spit your disdain for positive attitude? No question about it. Then why the hell do you have to poop all over here?

Yes, if you have not done anything to change your condition, asking others to work on uour behalf is definitely too much to ask. No one here is answerable to you. Your demand for sticking to answering your question is childish and it shows your level of maturity.

0 out of 1 members found this post helpful.
Old 03-28-2013, 08:36 PM
Donor
Priority Date
:
Dec-06
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
08/11/2007
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
08/11/2007
Compare
GCHope2011 has a reputation beyond repute GCHope2011 has a reputation beyond repute GCHope2011 has a reputation beyond repute GCHope2011 has a reputation beyond repute GCHope2011 has a reputation beyond repute GCHope2011 has a reputation beyond repute GCHope2011 has a reputation beyond repute GCHope2011 has a reputation beyond repute GCHope2011 has a reputation beyond repute GCHope2011 has a reputation beyond repute GCHope2011 has a reputation beyond repute
Lightbulb The myth of participation

Kudos to all those who made it to Washington DC for the advocacy event. And to those who contributed to it in terms of time, money or both in helping organize it. You are the real participants and drivers of this process.

Harsh as it may sound - the rest are just armchair activists (or keyboard ninjas). You think you are participating and contributing your valuable thoughts. But you are not. Your ideas are not unique - others who are really participating already have those ideas and more. And you are doing no one any favor by asking questions or demanding answers. You are not invested in this process a bit, and are not entitled to demand answers.

I am not saying all this lightly. Once you participate in this process, you will develop a much deeper and nuanced understanding of how the legislative process really works and how best to work the system. And then you will realize what the folks with advocacy experience are saying about the big needs vs narrow demands.
RFE: BC in 2009/ Proof of Employment Authorization on July 8th, 2011
Greened on 07/16/2011
Cards Received on 07/21/2011

Old 03-28-2013, 11:09 PM
Priority Date
:
Nov-10
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
01/25/2011
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare

Quote:
Originally Posted by GCHope2011 View Post
Harsh as it may sound - the rest are just armchair activists (or keyboard ninjas). You think you are participating and contributing your valuable thoughts. But you are not. Your ideas are not unique - others who are really participating already have those ideas and more. And you are doing no one any favor by asking questions or demanding answers. You are not invested in this process a bit, and are not entitled to demand answers.
No one is demanding answers. We requesting information and you can choose not to answer.
No one is arm chair critic here and no one is giving any thoughts. I was a monthly contributor until recently and I motivated several of my friends to contribute financially. You don't have to be harsh on people.