Immigration Voice - Forums
Register Get Involved Contact Lawmakers Advocacy Discussion Image Image Image Image

Go Back   Immigration Voice > Immigration Voice Issues and Congressional updates > IV Agenda and Legislative Updates
Click to log in with Facebook
IV Agenda and Legislative Updates Immigration Voice's Agenda and Legislative Updates

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
  #16 (permalink)  
Old 04-12-2013, 08:31 PM
Senior Member
Priority Date
:
Sep-04
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
03/01/2007
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/01/2007
Compare
Join Date: Jul 2007
Posts: 403
looivy has a reputation beyond repute looivy has a reputation beyond repute looivy has a reputation beyond repute looivy has a reputation beyond repute looivy has a reputation beyond repute looivy has a reputation beyond repute looivy has a reputation beyond repute looivy has a reputation beyond repute looivy has a reputation beyond repute looivy has a reputation beyond repute looivy has a reputation beyond repute
Default Great news

IV - Thanks for the hardwork. Awesome!



Quote:
Originally Posted by Administrator2 View Post
Guys,

Can we show some maturity here, please? There is no need to go off the reservation because of every other news article. In next few weeks/months, there will be lot of noise. You got to have the ability to filter out this noise from real information.

Have we not shared already, multiple times, that the bill will contain -

1.) Recapture (from unused GC since 2001)
2.) Elimination of per-country limits
3.) Exemption for dependents
4.) Exemption for US STEM graduates
5.) Ability for H-4 to work (if your country of origin reciprocates the same)
6.) 60 days Grace period on H1

And then there are other helpful provisions. We ask you to stay together and not lobbing grenades for no reason.

Even when most of our provisions are in the bill, the bill also has to pass. For bill to pass, everyone involvement is REQUIRED. If anyone thinks that someone else or some other group will carry this bill, please stop dreaming. Every group will have to do their share, and high-skilled immigrants stuck in the backlogs have to do ours.

Stay together, filter out the noise, be smart about digesting information and responding, and get ready to actively do your share. It sure will be hell of a ride.
Bookmark and Share Compare Reply With Quote


  #17 (permalink)  
Old 04-12-2013, 08:34 PM
Member
Priority Date
:
Aug-10
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
Join Date: Dec 2011
Posts: 34
gten has a brilliant future gten has a brilliant future gten has a brilliant future gten has a brilliant future gten has a brilliant future gten has a brilliant future gten has a brilliant future gten has a brilliant future gten has a brilliant future gten has a brilliant future gten has a brilliant future
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by greyhair View Post
You either blind or illiterate. Did you not read the list of provisions in the bill? Do you want a separate bill that says "Bill to EB-3 backlogs for open.247"? Which part of "comprehensive" bill concept do you not understand?

Ignorance and arrogance, both are oozing out of your post. Lets take you on your word. Rather than pissing all over yourself with your arrogance, why don't you go on hunger strike?

You are not doing anything special that others are not doing. You work for yourself, not because you have special passion to fuel economy. So is everyone else, including citizens. If you regret leaving your country, you are free to go back. Who is stopping you? Bye Bye
Quote:
Originally Posted by sumum View Post
Dear open.247,

My sincerest sympathy for you my friend .

I think you had asked IV before you came to US and somebody here has chained you so you have no way to go back .

My dear friend if you are so highly educated and all 9 yards why are you rubbing your booty in this classic american slavedom .

Please take your benvolent pussy face and cry in front of somebody who really has it .

Guys like you with half pumped up ass and knowledge screwing up the indian face ,I hope you are from the great side of AP wherein you guys languish US to be the place of eternity .
Rather than crying and keeping a p***Y face please do something better for yourself by going somewhere else since you are so highly educated .

Problem is you guys have it too easy over here and cannot get your fat ass out of this luxury ,Go back or go anywhere who in the world called you here or will stop you .

Mercy nowonder they are not clearing immigration for legals since we have substance like this,May all have peace ...
WOW! I have seen this over and over again. Why do IV members isolate and bully people who don't share the same point of view. open.247 is probably just venting out. Be supportive of every individual and get people together, don't isolate them.

If you read your post again.. arrogance is oozing out from both your post too. I sincerely wish you will be able to see it.

Have a good weekend.
Bookmark and Share Compare Reply With Quote


  #18 (permalink)  
Old 04-12-2013, 08:43 PM
Banned
Priority Date
:
Category
:
N/A
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
Join Date: Jan 2010
Posts: 3
sumum is infamous around these parts sumum is infamous around these parts
Default Correct

I think you are correct that the remarks may be a bit arrogant but the problem is folks rather than contributing or doing anything just come here and bitch around and say stupid stuff of no relevance .

If you are highly skillled please do not demean yourself by putting remarks and comments that nullifies your existence as high skilled .

I hope better to cut a rotten limb than having it mess the whole body ,My apologies for the langugae but sometimes it is difficult to take the deacade long indian lazy ass harp with no action .

May every soul be happy and free .All have a gr8 wknd .:
Bookmark and Share Compare Reply With Quote


  #19 (permalink)  
Old 04-12-2013, 09:08 PM
BZA BZA is offline
Junior Member
Priority Date
:
Jul-08
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
Join Date: Jun 2010
Posts: 17
BZA has much to be proud of BZA has much to be proud of BZA has much to be proud of BZA has much to be proud of BZA has much to be proud of BZA has much to be proud of BZA has much to be proud of BZA has much to be proud of BZA has much to be proud of BZA has much to be proud of
Default Did he ask you to respond?

If you dont want to respond then please keep quiet. Why are you using such language?
Bookmark and Share Compare Reply With Quote


  #20 (permalink)  
Old 04-12-2013, 09:20 PM
Senior Member
Priority Date
:
N/A
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
Join Date: Mar 2007
Posts: 952
h1techSlave has a reputation beyond repute h1techSlave has a reputation beyond repute h1techSlave has a reputation beyond repute h1techSlave has a reputation beyond repute h1techSlave has a reputation beyond repute h1techSlave has a reputation beyond repute h1techSlave has a reputation beyond repute h1techSlave has a reputation beyond repute h1techSlave has a reputation beyond repute h1techSlave has a reputation beyond repute h1techSlave has a reputation beyond repute
Default Is H4 = wife

Quote:
Originally Posted by waitingnwaiting View Post
Admin2 can you add a provision for all H4 that whine and nag their husbands, should be deported. If they want an example case, jetflyer can do it. He is known for it on this website.
So all H4s are wives?
__________________
Support Fairness! DONATE
Bookmark and Share Compare Reply With Quote


  #21 (permalink)  
Old 04-12-2013, 09:25 PM
Senior Member
Priority Date
:
N/A
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
Join Date: Mar 2007
Posts: 952
h1techSlave has a reputation beyond repute h1techSlave has a reputation beyond repute h1techSlave has a reputation beyond repute h1techSlave has a reputation beyond repute h1techSlave has a reputation beyond repute h1techSlave has a reputation beyond repute h1techSlave has a reputation beyond repute h1techSlave has a reputation beyond repute h1techSlave has a reputation beyond repute h1techSlave has a reputation beyond repute h1techSlave has a reputation beyond repute
Default bills' progress

Admin has left out the rest of the story for all of us to fill out, I guess So here it is.

* Bill passes the Senate and the House in July/August.
* President is expected to sign the bill in the month of September.
* GC in the mail before Thanksgiving for all of us.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Administrator2 View Post
Here is the expected couse of the bill in next 2-3 months.
  • Immigration Reform bill is expected to be introduced in the Senate on 16th April, coming Tuesday.
  • Hearing in the Senate Judiciary Committee on the 17th April
  • Bill Mark- up is expected to start at the Senate Judiciary committee around 6th May
  • And bill is expected to come on the Senate floor in the month of June.
__________________
Support Fairness! DONATE
Bookmark and Share Compare Reply With Quote


  #22 (permalink)  
Old 04-12-2013, 09:36 PM
Senior Member
Priority Date
:
N/A
Category
:
N/A
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
N/A
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
Join Date: Dec 2008
Posts: 433
greyhair has a reputation beyond repute greyhair has a reputation beyond repute greyhair has a reputation beyond repute greyhair has a reputation beyond repute greyhair has a reputation beyond repute greyhair has a reputation beyond repute greyhair has a reputation beyond repute greyhair has a reputation beyond repute greyhair has a reputation beyond repute greyhair has a reputation beyond repute greyhair has a reputation beyond repute
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by h1techSlave View Post
Admin has left out the rest of the story for all of us to fill out, I guess So here it is.

* Bill passes the Senate and the House in July/August.
* President is expected to sign the bill in the month of September.
* GC in the mail before Thanksgiving for all of us.
Here comes eternal pessimist. Bill passage is not dependent on Congress, it depends on people, us included. We could mock, waste our time cursing all others, or, we could do our part in making phone calls, go to town hall meetings and educate lawmakers.
Bookmark and Share Compare Reply With Quote


  #23 (permalink)  
Old 04-12-2013, 09:39 PM
Administrator
Priority Date
:
Jun-02
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
08/04/2003
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140+I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
10/06/2003
Compare
Join Date: Nov 2006
Posts: 996
Administrator2 has a reputation beyond repute Administrator2 has a reputation beyond repute Administrator2 has a reputation beyond repute Administrator2 has a reputation beyond repute Administrator2 has a reputation beyond repute Administrator2 has a reputation beyond repute Administrator2 has a reputation beyond repute Administrator2 has a reputation beyond repute Administrator2 has a reputation beyond repute Administrator2 has a reputation beyond repute Administrator2 has a reputation beyond repute
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by sumum View Post
Dear open.247,
Your use of racist language has forced us to ban you.
Bookmark and Share Compare Reply With Quote


  #24 (permalink)  
Old 04-13-2013, 03:45 AM
Member
Priority Date
:
May-03
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
Join Date: Sep 2011
Posts: 46
AnnaRamdev has much to be proud of AnnaRamdev has much to be proud of AnnaRamdev has much to be proud of AnnaRamdev has much to be proud of AnnaRamdev has much to be proud of AnnaRamdev has much to be proud of AnnaRamdev has much to be proud of AnnaRamdev has much to be proud of AnnaRamdev has much to be proud of AnnaRamdev has much to be proud of
Default sab becharee ke pichee lag gaye??

Quote:
Originally Posted by sumum View Post
Dear open.247,

My sincerest sympathy for you my friend .

I think you had asked IV before you came to US and somebody here has chained you so you have no way to go back .

My dear friend if you are so highly educated and all 9 yards why are you rubbing your booty in this classic american slavedom .

Please take your benvolent pussy face and cry in front of somebody who really has it .

Guys like you with half pumped up ass and knowledge screwing up the indian face ,I hope you are from the great side of AP wherein you guys languish US to be the place of eternity .
Rather than crying and keeping a p***Y face please do something better for yourself by going somewhere else since you are so highly educated .

Problem is you guys have it too easy over here and cannot get your fat ass out of this luxury ,Go back or go anywhere who in the world called you here or will stop you .

Mercy nowonder they are not clearing immigration for legals since we have substance like this,May all have peace ...
my friend dont treat him like you own him.or dont talk to him the same language your boss uses for you, and since your wife wont take your crap you all taking out on a guy like you got a point like a typical desi to show off you are more smarter then him. of course everybody including you , me or anybody if is better off in india wont waste time here replying your post.
GROW UP MAN, you were not the only from your town who got h1b andshowed off every one and impressed your relatives.
so chill buddy and give everyone thier basic right to speak their mind.
have a great day
Bookmark and Share Compare Reply With Quote


1 out of 1 members found this post helpful.
  #25 (permalink)  
Old 04-13-2013, 03:53 AM
Member
Priority Date
:
May-03
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
Join Date: Sep 2011
Posts: 46
AnnaRamdev has much to be proud of AnnaRamdev has much to be proud of AnnaRamdev has much to be proud of AnnaRamdev has much to be proud of AnnaRamdev has much to be proud of AnnaRamdev has much to be proud of AnnaRamdev has much to be proud of AnnaRamdev has much to be proud of AnnaRamdev has much to be proud of AnnaRamdev has much to be proud of
Default sab becharee ke pichee lag gaye??

Quote:
Originally Posted by greyhair View Post
You either blind or illiterate. Did you not read the list of provisions in the bill? Do you want a separate bill that says "Bill to EB-3 backlogs for open.247"? Which part of "comprehensive" bill concept do you not understand?

Ignorance and arrogance, both are oozing out of your post. Lets take you on your word. Rather than pissing all over yourself with your arrogance, why don't you go on hunger strike?

You are not doing anything special that others are not doing. You work for yourself, not because you have special passion to fuel economy. So is everyone else, including citizens. If you regret leaving your country, you are free to go back. Who is stopping you? Bye Bye
my friend dont treat him like you own him.or dont talk to him the same language your boss uses for you, and since your wife wont take your crap you all taking out on a guy like you got a point like a typical desi to show off you are more smarter then him. of course everybody including you , me or anybody if is better off in india wont waste time here replying your post.
GROW UP MAN, you were not the only from your town who got h1b andshowed off every one and impressed your relatives.
so chill buddy and give everyone thier basic right to speak their mind.
and you really buddy ,,why you show yourself so polished when you see a beautiful women in elevator??
and i know this is going to hit you right in spot bcoz thats your reality??
isnt it?
have a great day.
and i know as soon as you will read this you will leave aside all important work and look for very powerful words to reply me.
but buddy why would you use bad language for that guy infirst place??????????think about it
thnx
have a great day
Bookmark and Share Compare Reply With Quote


1 out of 1 members found this post helpful.
  #26 (permalink)  
Old 04-13-2013, 01:21 PM
Member
Priority Date
:
Feb-06
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
05/20/2006
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
08/07/2007
Compare
Join Date: Jun 2006
Posts: 72
vkrishn has a brilliant future vkrishn has a brilliant future vkrishn has a brilliant future vkrishn has a brilliant future vkrishn has a brilliant future vkrishn has a brilliant future vkrishn has a brilliant future vkrishn has a brilliant future vkrishn has a brilliant future vkrishn has a brilliant future vkrishn has a brilliant future
Default

Lets say they give exemption to STEM graduates and help get their green cards and these STEM graduates get married to their spouses outside U.S. How will they bring them here when F2A is backlogged by 3 or more years? These guys would be frustrated and head back.

Exemption of dependents apply only when these guys are married before I485 is applied. Looks like one's married life has to be done before GC is even applied.
Bookmark and Share Compare Reply With Quote


  #27 (permalink)  
Old 04-13-2013, 01:47 PM
Senior Member
Priority Date
:
Nov-05
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
04/17/2006
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/02/2007
Compare
Join Date: Aug 2009
Posts: 870
imh1b has a reputation beyond repute imh1b has a reputation beyond repute imh1b has a reputation beyond repute imh1b has a reputation beyond repute imh1b has a reputation beyond repute imh1b has a reputation beyond repute imh1b has a reputation beyond repute imh1b has a reputation beyond repute imh1b has a reputation beyond repute imh1b has a reputation beyond repute imh1b has a reputation beyond repute
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by vkrishn View Post
Lets say they give exemption to STEM graduates and help get their green cards and these STEM graduates get married to their spouses outside U.S. How will they bring them here when F2A is backlogged by 3 or more years? These guys would be frustrated and head back.

Exemption of dependents apply only when these guys are married before I485 is applied. Looks like one's married life has to be done before GC is even applied.
You are forgetting that this is 'comprehensive' reform and not STEM reform. You are viewing it narrowly because you are affected by F2A and you are STEM person. Just like someone posted about H4 visa. Comprehensive means comprehensive for family, employment, and everything else. Family part may cover F2A. If you want information on F2A you should talk to senators who care for F2A visa can help you.
Bookmark and Share Compare Reply With Quote


0 out of 1 members found this post helpful.
  #28 (permalink)  
Old 04-13-2013, 02:26 PM
Member
Priority Date
:
Feb-06
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
05/20/2006
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
08/07/2007
Compare
Join Date: Jun 2006
Posts: 72
vkrishn has a brilliant future vkrishn has a brilliant future vkrishn has a brilliant future vkrishn has a brilliant future vkrishn has a brilliant future vkrishn has a brilliant future vkrishn has a brilliant future vkrishn has a brilliant future vkrishn has a brilliant future vkrishn has a brilliant future vkrishn has a brilliant future
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by imh1b View Post
You are forgetting that this is 'comprehensive' reform and not STEM reform. You are viewing it narrowly because you are affected by F2A and you are STEM person. Just like someone posted about H4 visa. Comprehensive means comprehensive for family, employment, and everything else. Family part may cover F2A. If you want information on F2A you should talk to senators who care for F2A visa can help you.
I know it is comprehensive and if you read the contents right it includes exemption for dependents of high skilled folks right? and same with Ability for H-4 to work. So the proposals just don't address the primary petitioner of GC but rather his or her immediate family as well. I will keep the personal attack from you aside and try to be civil. My point is that if high skilled is covered in CIR and lets say it passes then people who are single and high skilled will be in a limbo when they get their green cards before marriage and have to bee separated from their spouse from outside U.S and looks like that wasn't part of the thought process in this proposal. Last time i spoke to Aman his words were we don't work on only this or that immigration issue and we work for the people with respect to immigration compared to what you seem to say where if you are high skilled and become a GC holder(through CIR) and single you are screwed.
Bookmark and Share Compare Reply With Quote


  #29 (permalink)  
Old 04-13-2013, 04:09 PM
Senior Member
Priority Date
:
Nov-05
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
04/17/2006
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/02/2007
Compare
Join Date: Aug 2009
Posts: 870
imh1b has a reputation beyond repute imh1b has a reputation beyond repute imh1b has a reputation beyond repute imh1b has a reputation beyond repute imh1b has a reputation beyond repute imh1b has a reputation beyond repute imh1b has a reputation beyond repute imh1b has a reputation beyond repute imh1b has a reputation beyond repute imh1b has a reputation beyond repute imh1b has a reputation beyond repute
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by vkrishn View Post
I know it is comprehensive and if you read the contents right it includes exemption for dependents of high skilled folks right? and same with Ability for H-4 to work. So the proposals just don't address the primary petitioner of GC but rather his or her immediate family as well. I will keep the personal attack from you aside and try to be civil. My point is that if high skilled is covered in CIR and lets say it passes then people who are single and high skilled will be in a limbo when they get their green cards before marriage and have to bee separated from their spouse from outside U.S and looks like that wasn't part of the thought process in this proposal. Last time i spoke to Aman his words were we don't work on only this or that immigration issue and we work for the people with respect to immigration compared to what you seem to say where if you are high skilled and become a GC holder(through CIR) and single you are screwed.
The issue you described affects an extremely tiny minority of people. Can you find even 25 people affected by this right now on IV or other website ? And how many of them took part in IV donation or advocacy day? I bet you will not find. So why should IV leave big issues that affect more people and work for tiny minority. A friend of mine was unhappy that he applied for counselor processing of greencard but do not have EAD. He blames IV for his problem and has never done anything so that backlog clears and he gets his greencard fast. So this is why I said to stop thinking so narrow. If you want narrow bill item, you are free to meet your senator and ask him to help you. Nobody is stoping you for it in a free country.
Bookmark and Share Compare Reply With Quote


  #30 (permalink)  
Old 04-13-2013, 04:45 PM
Member
Priority Date
:
Feb-06
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
05/20/2006
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
08/07/2007
Compare
Join Date: Jun 2006
Posts: 72
vkrishn has a brilliant future vkrishn has a brilliant future vkrishn has a brilliant future vkrishn has a brilliant future vkrishn has a brilliant future vkrishn has a brilliant future vkrishn has a brilliant future vkrishn has a brilliant future vkrishn has a brilliant future vkrishn has a brilliant future vkrishn has a brilliant future
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by imh1b View Post
The issue you described affects an extremely tiny minority of people. Can you find even 25 people affected by this right now on IV or other website ? And how many of them took part in IV donation or advocacy day? I bet you will not find. So why should IV leave big issues that affect more people and work for tiny minority. A friend of mine was unhappy that he applied for counselor processing of greencard but do not have EAD. He blames IV for his problem and has never done anything so that backlog clears and he gets his greencard fast. So this is why I said to stop thinking so narrow. If you want narrow bill item, you are free to meet your senator and ask him to help you. Nobody is stoping you for it in a free country.
I guess meeting the senator and congressman/women seem to be happening on the lines and will continue to happen in the state and district where i live and pretty much involved in that. You don't seem to understand a word of what i am saying and i was just seeing the issue before hand before it blows out. I know quite a few people in that situation like what i described. Why would they donate when nothing of that sort is covered in that? Some people were in IV chapter meetings and when they asked this specific issue about this they did not get a positive response. Would you pay for something when your concern is not being addressed? Stop being judgemental. Not here to thrash IV and i know they are doing whatever they can but making stupid arguments just doesn't count.
Bookmark and Share Compare Reply With Quote


Reply

Bookmarks


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are On

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Introduction of Immigration Reform Bill Jump Starts Reform Talks Going Into 2010 Blog Feeds Recent Blogs 0 12-19-2009 12:40 AM
Introduction of Immigration Reform Bill Jump Starts Reform Talks Going Into 2010 Blog Feeds Recent Blogs 0 12-18-2009 11:50 AM
Global Usage of New Form DS-160 by Non-Immigrant Visa Applicants Expected April 30, 2 Blog Feeds Recent Blogs 0 12-18-2009 11:50 AM
H4 Visa Stamping in Tijuana Mexico on April 16th,09 VenuK Non-Immigrant Visas 0 03-20-2009 07:49 PM
Any Senate activity today April 03 on immigration bill? nk2006 IV Agenda and Legislative Updates 1 04-03-2006 11:24 AM



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 04:59 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
(c)ImmigrationVoice.org